1940 Westlake Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baroloseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 770-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 7 days a week: 3:00pm - midnight
Happy Hour: Every day
3:00pm-6:30pm and 10:00pm-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Milazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Food delivered only, no equipment.
- Private Party Facilities: Large and impressive semiprivate communal table for 22 people with dropped Italian crystal chandeliers. Semiprivate round table for 8 people with dropped Italian crystal chandelier.
- Private Party Contact: Jason 2067709000
A word from Barolo
Barolo Ristorante, located in the heart of downtown Seattle, offers a mix of timeless, old-world northern Italian dishes crafted with a contemporary presentation, using quality natural and organic products and ingredients, many from the Pacific Northwest. The wine list at Barolo includes more than 400 notable labels and varietals from around the world including Italy, California, Washington, Oregon and France. The restaurant also hosts a lively bar offering classic and specialty cocktails, over 40 kinds of grappas and late night dining. Set within a modern, urban building, Barolo’s smart Italian style is represented by lush textures, fabrics and ornamental design trends, merged with warm and comfortable accessories like hanging glass chandeliers over a large communal table, dark wood finishes, interesting interior lighting, and an abundance of flickering candlelight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Barolo - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Barolo reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)special occasion (68)romantic (66)notable wine list (49)hot spot (38)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (35)great for lunch (29)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- First but not the lastOutAndAboutDined on 4/5/2014Great meal for our four and excellent service. Very friendly and fun. We will be regulars,Special Features:
- GreatCoryVIPDined on 4/2/2014We had some good things and some great things. The Lobster Risotto is amazing but the salads and Carbonara was just good. The service is good and the atmosphere is very nice. We have been going there for a long time and they seem to not degrade like many other restaurants after this many years of service.Special Features:
- Great, great food, pushy staff...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014This was my second time at Barolo. I was amazed at the quality of the food - absolutely everything I tried there so far was awesome. I love their antipasti. On the other hand, the waitstaff is a little bit too pushy. This time I was having a dinner with a friend, and the waiter came by every few minutes to fiddle with the salt shaker or to shift the candlestick around. I felt the atmosphere would be better with slightly more room to spare for their patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 courses for $30RemyDined on 3/27/2014Two of us took advantage of the Dine around Seattle special and had the exact same 3 courses. The appetizer course of polenta with pheasant sauce was outstanding. The entree of gnocchi and main lobster was OK but not great. The gnocchi were definitely not feather light and the lobster was a bit overcooked. The dessert of chocolate mousse was wonderful and service was attentive and friendly. All in all, a fine meal and our 4th time dining at Barolo. WIll be back!Special Features:
- Perfect Gnocchi!alibabaDined on 3/24/2014Everything we ordered was delicious but the gnocchi was the best I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- Lovely Evening.JeffNLisaDined on 3/22/2014We had a great evening at Barolo. Our waiter was very attentive and made some great menu suggestions. Our meal was delicious. The gnocchi with pheasant was our favorite thing and the chef split it for us. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, and awesome happy hour!AudgembVIPDined on 3/20/2014Consistently great food and service, my favorite out of all of their restaurants. The best happy hour in town, although the bar is rather small, you have to get there early. You can get a bottle of wine for $14 or $4 a glass, and it's decent wine. P.S. Try not to skip dessert...the tiramisu is quite incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is beautiful ..LovechocolateVIPDined on 3/16/2014Restaurant is beautiful .. Candles and chandeliers plus dim lights make it romantic. I was excited that they serve hormone and antibiotic free and organic meat!! However was disappointed with the ossobucco; the meat was chewy(this is the second time we ve tried it) expected an excellent dish.. Not!! The filet mignon was ok.. Salt and pepper helped so I managed to enjoy it. Cesar salad on the other hand... How do you screw up a cesar?? Not tasty at all.. Had to ask for dressing and lotsa black pepper. Polenta delish!!! The chocolate desert I loved!!! It's tiny with a few fresh raspberries.. Just a perfect size and tasty!!!! Loved it. Almost forgot the bread: yum!!!! I would go try their pasta dishes maybe.. Will give it another try.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerSimplyElegantDined on 3/16/2014I went to Barolo for my 27th birthday and had such a memorable experience. They even took the time to print menus with my name. The ambiance is amazing and the food is very tasty and well prepared. I highly recommend this place and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We needed a little help choosingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014We needed a little help choosing wine. The server was not prepared nor interested in helping.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/14/2014We celebrated my birthday at Barolo's with a party of 5. We had a wonderful evening and great food with a private dining area screened off with sheer curtains. The service was the best, attentive, helpful, great personality, and timely. Food was wonderful. We had a great time and look forward to returning again. This is our third dinner at Barolo and all three have been great. Thanks of making our evening memorable.Special Features:
- One of my favorite spotsColbyVVIPDined on 3/12/2014I've been here for both lunch and dinner and haven't been disappointed. The staff are friendly and the food is fantastic. The chef has family with food allergies, so they're able to modify most things or come up with something special (I'm GF). I recommend Barolo to my out-of-town friends as a must-try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2014Not your usual meatball and pasta place. Great Italian Entrees! Must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for the Dine AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/7/2014Went there for the Dine Around Seattle event and really enjoyed their lunch menu. It was a few blocks from my office and the atmosphere was pleasant. It was a great outing for lunch and I would go back again!Special Features:
- Dine in Seattle low qualityfoodiesDined on 3/6/2014Went for lunch during the March Dine in Seattle month where a limited 3 course menu is available for $15 prix fix. My friend and I chose two things from each of the courses and were not pleased with our meals. The kale soup was somewhat dull. My vegetable pasta dish consisted of a few microscopically chopped vegetables on a bowl of tubular pasta with a nice enough mild sauce. Dessert was a small chocolate cake which was fine. Would NOT recommend the dine around month prix fixe. Seems the restaurant is participating in name only and providing a very poor menu.
- First TimerdandcmccownDined on 3/5/2014My husband and I recently bought at Olive 8 and were looking for a place to walk for dinner. We found Barolo on Urban-spoon and were very impressed with the menu, the wine list, and the ambiance. Dinner was delicious. Service was exceptional. We can hardly wait to go back. . . .to try another of the many choices on the menu. Having the ability to use open-table was a great convenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicecaphillashVIPDined on 3/5/2014We went for the Dine Around Seattle. Everything I ordered was fantastic (especially the gnocchi with lobster) and the service was great as well!Special Features:
- Great flavor and valueJRinHawaiiDined on 3/4/2014Energetic early on and more subdued after around 8pm. To die for scallops and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DinnerBarbo258Dined on 3/4/2014We were surprised to see they had a $30 per person special. Loved every option/choice. Our first time and it was excellent!Special Features:
- Always outstanding!BradVIPDined on 3/4/2014Owned by two brothers who are committed to their customers - Barolo always ranks among the best from our point of view. The food is great and the service typically efficient and friendly. We look forward to our return visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian FunBuddyoneVIPDined on 3/4/2014This is a great neighborhood (Denny Triangle) gem. A wonderful italian menu, with nice sized (smaller) portions and outstanding food taste. Service is excellent. I went for lunch. Had a great meal, and was allowed to linger around coffee. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backshoeVIPDined on 3/1/2014Restaurant is trendy yet had great service. Foodwas very good too.Special Features:
- Barolo does not disappoint!FoodieHeavenDined on 2/28/2014With reservations, we were seated immediately for a wonderful dining experience. Creative entrees (house-made gnocchi, lobster tail risotto), & appetizer (tuna tartare), excellent service & windows for watching Belltown make Barolo a spot for a definite repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hr/Not Dining RoomSchmanDined on 2/25/2014I'm a frequent patron of Barolo's Happy Hour and love the food/drink specials. The bar service is outstanding and the Happy Hour menu offers delicious food at a great price (escargots, lamb burger, rigatoni). I recently ate in the dining room with a friend from out of town and unfortunately it fell short on several levels. I ordered the rack of lamb which was too salty, dry and room temperature and ended up sending it back. The service wasn't nearly as attentive as the bar and overall, it was a subpar dining experience. I will continue to frequent Barolo for Happy Hour but unfortunately I can't say the same about the dining room - I was quite underwhelmed with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AmerkDined on 2/20/2014It was our anniversary and I made reservations online, I made a special comment that it was our anniversary and what do u know as soon as were seated it says it printed on our custom menus!! So she'll we had a corner table and it was romantic but we could still see the place. May I suggest the special, the lamb. Best I had in my life. Period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BaroloJackDined on 2/19/2014Our dinner at Barolo was exceptional. From our wine choice to salads and the entrees, everything was just perfect!! Highly recommend this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day FeedbackRD01Dined on 2/14/2014I had a lamb ossobico which was really awesome,. My girl had a risotto with mushroom and foie gras. That was just OK. Whole dish had too much oil, texture of risotto was not very fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in the City!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014Old world recipes are twisted with novel ingredients to provide a sensuous experience for your taste buds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One night in SeattlechrisbrenukDined on 2/12/2014A high spot in being 'touristy' in Seattle - a clever mix of hectic foodie bar scene ( happy hour - but still busy at 9:30) with quieter 'refined' but not overly pretentious, upmarket dining area catering well for quiet couples ,a couple with baby , a business meeting of 4 ,an arriving party of 12 - not easy to do and maintain an ambiance that satisfies all and seem effortless. Staff knew the food recipes intimately and it lived up to their enthusiasm - well done !! - a difficult accolade to get from someone know as Victor Meldrew the 2nd. ( in house joke that may not travel into American TV knowledge - google it ) "I do not believe it !! ".Special Features:
- So perfect :)Lisa7Dined on 2/8/2014This restaurant is easily one of the best restaurants in all of Seattle and maybe beyond. We always have such an amazing experience and leave so happy :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barolo was great!LorraineDined on 2/7/2014The service was incredible and cocktails/wine and food were wonderful. A great place!Special Features:
- Good dining experiencefoodloverDined on 1/26/2014We liked the decor and ambiance, even though the restaurant noise gets on the way at times. The food was great and all six in our group enjoyed it. Most popular choice was the pasta with crab, absolutely delicious. Pasta with lamb ragu' got also top comments. There are many more dishes on the menu that deserve to be tasted. Additionally, the wine list presents a wide range of possibilities at reasonable prices. A place that we definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date nightSeattleScientistDined on 1/26/2014We had an early dinner at Barolo on a Sunday night. Seated at 5;30, which worked out well to give us some time to chat before the restaurant filled up. By 6:30, the house was getting full and there was a terrific vibe. We had 7:30 reservations for a show at Jazz Alley and got there a little late because we were enjoying the dinner so much. Our waiter was fabulous, full of energy and knowledge, and very helpful and generous in giving us opportunities to taste and choose wines, as well as making terrific suggestions. Really a great place to eat and enjoy an evening.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantasticHannaDined on 1/20/2014I mentioned our special occassions in the reservation; we were treated to a corner booth overlooking the lovely wines and fantastically lit restaurant. We then discovered special menus for us that said "Happy Birthday and Anniversary" at the top! Our server was knowledgeable not only about the selections, but about Italy as well. He was kind, attentive, and gave excellent suggestions without being pushy at all. He told us stories about his family and love, with the moral being that love is forever, love is everything, and love conquers all. We then received a beautiful, complimentary dessert. It was the most welcome I have ever felt in a restaurant. Once we received the bill, it felt like a steal for all that we had experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good overall....OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/17/2014Barolo is one of my go to spots for lunch and HH. The food is really good and the prices are decent. They do a reasonable lunch during work days and it's a good spot for business lunches since they offer good food at a decent price and fast service. The HH is vibrant. One of my favorites in downtown.Special Features:
- Good StapleMarcVIPDined on 1/14/2014Good meal, friendly staff, nice wine list. Will go there again probably.Special Features:
- Very goodMicheleVIPDined on 1/14/2014We dined early, at 5:30, and it was a wonderful meal. Great menu with a lot of interesting choices. Service was excellent.
- Memorable ItalianLouisFromNOVIPDined on 1/11/2014Our dinner at Barolo was absolutely outstanding. Food was perfect and service was knowledgable, attentive and fun. (One anecdote of note was that we asked if the house had stuffed olives fo martinis. Our waited said no but then he proceeded to the kitchen and stuffed 6 olives with gorgonzola and presented them to us. That's service.) My pasta with simple tomato sauce and dungeness crab was sublime. Simple but incredibly flavorful and the pasta was perfectly "al dente" and the crabmeat was plump and not overcooked in the least. My branzino was delicious and also cooked to perfection. Overall, it was a memorable experience. Bravo.Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014I visited Barolo with a girlfriend and we snacked and had wine in the bar. The waitress attended to our every need and was very courteous. I was so impressed by the place I brought my husband for a romantic evening. When we arrived for our reservation, Jason greeted us and handed us each a glass of Prosecco while we waited for our table. It was only a few minutes. The waiter was amazing as was the food, ambiance and attention to detail at every thought and corner. Thank you Barolo for now being my new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/7/2014Great Food to everyones liking. Nice atmospherre day and night. Pleasant workers and friendlly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.