1940 Westlake Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baroloseattle.com/
- Phone: 2067709000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 7 days a week: 3:00pm - midnight
Happy Hour: Every day
3:00pm-6:30pm and 10:00pm-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Milazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Food delivered only, no equipment.
- Private Party Facilities: Large and impressive semiprivate communal table for 22 people with dropped Italian crystal chandeliers. Semiprivate round table for 8 people with dropped Italian crystal chandelier.
- Private Party Contact: Jason 2067709000
A word from Barolo
Barolo Ristorante, located in the heart of downtown Seattle, offers a mix of timeless, old-world northern Italian dishes crafted with a contemporary presentation, using quality natural and organic products and ingredients, many from the Pacific Northwest. The wine list at Barolo includes more than 400 notable labels and varietals from around the world including Italy, California, Washington, Oregon and France. The restaurant also hosts a lively bar offering classic and specialty cocktails, over 40 kinds of grappas and late night dining. Set within a modern, urban building, Barolo’s smart Italian style is represented by lush textures, fabrics and ornamental design trends, merged with warm and comfortable accessories like hanging glass chandeliers over a large communal table, dark wood finishes, interesting interior lighting, and an abundance of flickering candlelight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Barolo - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Barolo reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)romantic (59)special occasion (59)notable wine list (52)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (34)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (29)great for lunch (26)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent Experience!GourmetDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated my 55th birthday at Barolo and now 3 years later we celebrated my wife's 55th! We were treated like royalty from the time we arrive. Can't think of any other dining experience were we received this quality of service. The food is Oh La La Delicious! Can't wait until our next visit to Seattle so we can dine at Barolo again! Excellent ambiance and perfect lighting! The complimentary sparkling or still filter water was a nice treat!Special Features:
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014Consistently great food. Not a lot of change in the menu, so I tend to go in spurts, but it's a great experience overall, and consistently great food and service. I go mostly for business lunches, occasionally for dinner.Special Features:
- dianaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Superb food, excellent preparation, and just the right size portions! We will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent.Nancy828Dined on 10/14/2014Loved the food, and our server. But it was outrageously loud, nancymick uncomfortably so. And personally, I'd like a 'warmer' decor and ambiance, not so stark and noisy. But, I'll go back for the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuckVIPDined on 10/13/2014great for business lunch. private tables, great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Swanky restaurant, nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Absolutely beautiful restaurant. Loved the ambiance and I loved the variety of types of food and drinks offered. The tapenade was great, the entrees were a little too salty, but the hazelnut gelato and coffee were FANTASTIC!! The noise level was pretty loud as it was rather difficult to hear our server. Overall it was an enjoyable experience though. I went for a special occasion for a friend, and would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealSeattleLuncherDined on 10/7/2014The lunch special was delicious with lots of nice flavors. New waitstaff was friendly and pleasant. The owners are also available and welcoming. Looking forward to the next chance to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and friendly service. Will highly recommend it............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian CuisineIanaDined on 10/4/2014My boyfriend and I had a wonderful date night dining at Barolo on Saturday night. Our waiter was very friendly, witty and knowledgeable about the menu. I had pasta and my boyfriend had a lamb special and the food was delicious. The menu selection is in great tradition of Italian cuisine with a twist that will pleasantly surprise your taste buds. :)Special Features:
- Always solidcox3000VIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been to Barolo several times over the years, and it never disappoints. Lovely interior, excellent service, and outstanding food.Special Features:
- BaroloOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014I was entertaining business associates for lunch. food was very good, carefully and well prepared, delicious. Only downside waitress had food spots on her shirt :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014What more can I say. We have dined at Barolo many times and it is always delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner for our anniversary. The service and food were great. The lamb with cherry wine sauce was delicious! Only minor drawback was the noise level. We were seated in the table nearest the bar which was fairly noisy until a large party was seated. It got a bit better after that, but due to the smallish size its not a really quiet place. It was not overly loud by any means after the bar crowd left, but it also wasn't quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLBandMSKDined on 9/27/2014Our waiter was very knowledgable about the wine, which my husband really appreciated. All the food was delicous and right on time.Special Features:
- Borolo was fantastic!PaulDDined on 9/26/2014The service was excellent from the moment we walked in the door. The staff was professional and friendly and did a wonderful job. It was our anniversary and Borolo went out of the way to make it a special night. In addition, the food was superb! Thanks to the staff, management, and owners for your commitment to fine dining. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was better last time.GoodVIPDined on 9/21/2014I ordered the crab fettucine - wasn't too impressed....tasted frozen.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I have been here several times and have always loved the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Service was excellent and information was transferred about my wife's bday. Food recommendations were spot on and timely. Gnocchi was superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!imhungryDined on 9/19/2014What an incredible restaurant. It was my Mom's birthday and they printed a special menu saying happy birthday, brought out dessert with a candle! Very memorable and special. The food was to die for, best pasta I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchExIrishDined on 9/17/2014This is a really good place. It is often my go-to place for guests and kinda special time meals. I generally do not like Italian but this place is really different and I seriously like it. It can be seriously expensive but the prix fixe lunch is a really good deal. Anyway, I like it.Special Features:
- Wonderful romantic gemkhautrnDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I came here on our anniversary. The place is visually beautiful at night...with lighting and candles that set an elegant mood. The food was excellent. My husband had the Steelhead salmon which he raved about for it's buttery quality. I had the steak...also wonderful. Highly, highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, delicious foodDoctorDined on 9/10/2014I really loved the restaurant, the service, and the food. The price was more than I expected, but my partner seemed to think it was worth it.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014The food and service never disappoint and the ambience is very welcoming. The noise level takes a bit of getting used to, though.Special Features:
- Another fine experienceIthacaGirlDined on 9/10/2014We had visited Barolo during Seattle Restaurant Week and had a delightful lunch on that occasion. So we looked forward to another visit when we'd be choosing from the full menu. The rigatoni al sugo di carne was superb -- rich and toothsome with depth of flavor. One person had the ravioli special of the day; I can't remember the title but they were cheese-filled and had a slightly pink sauce with bits of lobster, and she was very happy with it. A bottle of the house wine was fine for the occasion. Attentive service and timely appearance of the food made it very pleasant for a relaxed lunch break. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FormerRestaurantOwnerDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant came highly recommended. However, my wife and I found it to be excessively noisy, the service to be rushed, and the food to be of uneven quality. The servers were excellent, however.
- UnderperformerBummerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Food OK - service lousy. Disappointing and won't be in my return list - far too many great places in Seattle.
- Go!IheartMVDined on 9/6/2014Took my wife here for Anniversary dinner. Cool romantic vibe without being stuffy. Delicious Italian food, adequately priced, extrnsivewine menu. Great service. Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014Good for special occasions in the dining room. The bar is a madhouse unless you're trolling. The noise makes some conversation difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal for a celebrationtheyoungdeniseDined on 9/2/2014We decided to stay in town to celebrate a milestone birthday. Barolo was the perfect place. The food was great, the service was friendly and informative. It was a lovely relaxed mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wardawg100WarrenCVIPDined on 8/26/2014Service seemed undertrained and not experienced. Food was generally pretty good. Salmon was reslly undercooked. Good vibe, nice both and centrally located.Special Features:
- FantasticLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/19/2014Was in Seattle from Miami on business and took clients to Barolo. The service was outstanding! Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable and funny. Food was fantastic! Will definitely go back when we return to Seattle and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodsouthdakotafoodies1Dined on 8/17/2014We were visiting Seattle so I really wanted seafood but my daughter wanted Italian, which I typically do not care for. The food was excellent. I had a ravioli on special, my daughter had a tortellini, and my husband had I believe a ravioli as well. My son wanted spaghetti and though it wasn't on the menu they made it for him anyway -- how nice. We had great salads, awesome apps and desserts that were heavenly. The portions are not large, but they were just right for having 3 courses. We had a great time. The only drawback to the place is that it is situated across the street from McDonalds so that is your view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Noisy, Average menu selection, wine list NOT exceptional. I would Not choose to dine here again on vacation.
- Rushed serviceKathylk1VIPDined on 8/12/2014Barolo is beautiful and has a great ambience and menu but the service was so rushed it ruined the meal. We were a party of 5 and with apps and dessert were there about an hour. With the entrees one of us was still eating and they cleared every other dish and silverware from the table.Special Features:
- ExcellentItalianDined on 8/11/2014our favorite restaurant in Seattle very good veal good wine good serviceSpecial Features:
- Food good, beautiful, sarcastic svcSeattleVisitorDined on 8/10/2014Interesting yet well-balanced menu, good chef, reasonable price for good quality food. Loved the enchanted, magical feel of the place: ceiling ht white vapor drapes, candle-lit tastefully decorated tables. Service seemed to vary in quality, table to table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTexan1Dined on 8/8/2014This restaurant was everything I hoped it would be for a first date. The Food was great as was the service. I will be a regular going forward.Special Features:
- Great lunch, incredibly affordableNKOEDDined on 8/6/2014I don't have enough praise to shower about this restaurant. Our server was very personable and engaging and his passion for the food was instantly recognizable. We had a three course (Caprese, Tortelloni, Tortino) lunch with a glass of pinot for $23. Everything tasted amazing. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014This was my third time here. This time for dinner rather than lunch. The Octopus Salad was very good. The Rigotoni was terrific. The gnocchi was average at best and there was no sign of the mozzarella cheese described on the menu. Maybe they forgot that part. I requested Clams Vongole and asked for no red chili flakes, so instead they put a load of black pepper and a little bit of chili flakes which made the dish way too spicy. The clams were rather old. The prices here are a tad too high for the quanity that they serve.Special Features:
- great food; slow servicehoneygirlDined on 8/5/2014The food is what always brings me back. This time, however, the service was unusually slower than before. It may have just been a very busy day for the restaurant. I'll still be back, but not when I have to get back to work at a certain time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.