1940 Westlake Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baroloseattle.com/
- Phone: 2067709000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 7 days a week: 3:00pm - midnight
Happy Hour: Every day
3:00pm-6:30pm and 10:00pm-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Milazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Food delivered only, no equipment.
- Private Party Facilities: Large and impressive semiprivate communal table for 22 people with dropped Italian crystal chandeliers. Semiprivate round table for 8 people with dropped Italian crystal chandelier.
- Private Party Contact: Jason 2067709000
A word from Barolo
Barolo Ristorante, located in the heart of downtown Seattle, offers a mix of timeless, old-world northern Italian dishes crafted with a contemporary presentation, using quality natural and organic products and ingredients, many from the Pacific Northwest. The wine list at Barolo includes more than 400 notable labels and varietals from around the world including Italy, California, Washington, Oregon and France. The restaurant also hosts a lively bar offering classic and specialty cocktails, over 40 kinds of grappas and late night dining. Set within a modern, urban building, Barolo’s smart Italian style is represented by lush textures, fabrics and ornamental design trends, merged with warm and comfortable accessories like hanging glass chandeliers over a large communal table, dark wood finishes, interesting interior lighting, and an abundance of flickering candlelight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Barolo - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Barolo reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)special occasion (58)romantic (57)notable wine list (52)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (26)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (23)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (7)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful romantic gemkhautrnDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I came here on our anniversary. The place is visually beautiful at night...with lighting and candles that set an elegant mood. The food was excellent. My husband had the Steelhead salmon which he raved about for it's buttery quality. I had the steak...also wonderful. Highly, highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, delicious foodDoctorDined on 9/10/2014I really loved the restaurant, the service, and the food. The price was more than I expected, but my partner seemed to think it was worth it.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014The food and service never disappoint and the ambience is very welcoming. The noise level takes a bit of getting used to, though.Special Features:
- Another fine experienceIthacaGirlDined on 9/10/2014We had visited Barolo during Seattle Restaurant Week and had a delightful lunch on that occasion. So we looked forward to another visit when we'd be choosing from the full menu. The rigatoni al sugo di carne was superb -- rich and toothsome with depth of flavor. One person had the ravioli special of the day; I can't remember the title but they were cheese-filled and had a slightly pink sauce with bits of lobster, and she was very happy with it. A bottle of the house wine was fine for the occasion. Attentive service and timely appearance of the food made it very pleasant for a relaxed lunch break. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FormerRestaurantOwnerDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant came highly recommended. However, my wife and I found it to be excessively noisy, the service to be rushed, and the food to be of uneven quality. The servers were excellent, however.
- UnderperformerBummerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Food OK - service lousy. Disappointing and won't be in my return list - far too many great places in Seattle.
- Go!IheartMVDined on 9/6/2014Took my wife here for Anniversary dinner. Cool romantic vibe without being stuffy. Delicious Italian food, adequately priced, extrnsivewine menu. Great service. Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014Good for special occasions in the dining room. The bar is a madhouse unless you're trolling. The noise makes some conversation difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal for a celebrationtheyoungdeniseDined on 9/2/2014We decided to stay in town to celebrate a milestone birthday. Barolo was the perfect place. The food was great, the service was friendly and informative. It was a lovely relaxed mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wardawg100WarrenCVIPDined on 8/26/2014Service seemed undertrained and not experienced. Food was generally pretty good. Salmon was reslly undercooked. Good vibe, nice both and centrally located.Special Features:
- FantasticLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/19/2014Was in Seattle from Miami on business and took clients to Barolo. The service was outstanding! Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable and funny. Food was fantastic! Will definitely go back when we return to Seattle and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodsouthdakotafoodies1Dined on 8/17/2014We were visiting Seattle so I really wanted seafood but my daughter wanted Italian, which I typically do not care for. The food was excellent. I had a ravioli on special, my daughter had a tortellini, and my husband had I believe a ravioli as well. My son wanted spaghetti and though it wasn't on the menu they made it for him anyway -- how nice. We had great salads, awesome apps and desserts that were heavenly. The portions are not large, but they were just right for having 3 courses. We had a great time. The only drawback to the place is that it is situated across the street from McDonalds so that is your view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Noisy, Average menu selection, wine list NOT exceptional. I would Not choose to dine here again on vacation.
- Rushed serviceKathylk1VIPDined on 8/12/2014Barolo is beautiful and has a great ambience and menu but the service was so rushed it ruined the meal. We were a party of 5 and with apps and dessert were there about an hour. With the entrees one of us was still eating and they cleared every other dish and silverware from the table.Special Features:
- ExcellentItalianDined on 8/11/2014our favorite restaurant in Seattle very good veal good wine good serviceSpecial Features:
- Food good, beautiful, sarcastic svcSeattleVisitorDined on 8/10/2014Interesting yet well-balanced menu, good chef, reasonable price for good quality food. Loved the enchanted, magical feel of the place: ceiling ht white vapor drapes, candle-lit tastefully decorated tables. Service seemed to vary in quality, table to table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTexan1Dined on 8/8/2014This restaurant was everything I hoped it would be for a first date. The Food was great as was the service. I will be a regular going forward.Special Features:
- Great lunch, incredibly affordableNKOEDDined on 8/6/2014I don't have enough praise to shower about this restaurant. Our server was very personable and engaging and his passion for the food was instantly recognizable. We had a three course (Caprese, Tortelloni, Tortino) lunch with a glass of pinot for $23. Everything tasted amazing. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014This was my third time here. This time for dinner rather than lunch. The Octopus Salad was very good. The Rigotoni was terrific. The gnocchi was average at best and there was no sign of the mozzarella cheese described on the menu. Maybe they forgot that part. I requested Clams Vongole and asked for no red chili flakes, so instead they put a load of black pepper and a little bit of chili flakes which made the dish way too spicy. The clams were rather old. The prices here are a tad too high for the quanity that they serve.Special Features:
- great food; slow servicehoneygirlDined on 8/5/2014The food is what always brings me back. This time, however, the service was unusually slower than before. It may have just been a very busy day for the restaurant. I'll still be back, but not when I have to get back to work at a certain time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/3/2014We had a delightful dinner after seeing a show at the Paramount. The calamari, grilled ceasar salad and gnochi were superb. The osso bucco was a touch salty. Excellent chianti. Just the right level of attention from our waiter. Thanks for a lovely meal!
- menu and pricesloveitalianDined on 8/2/2014the online menus are way out of date and don't reflect the current offerings or real prices but the food and service are very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousTravelDinerDined on 8/1/2014I was in town for business and my client suggested Barolo as "a great place to have dinner in Seattle." They said the menu hasn't changed much since it opened because every loyal customer comes for their favorite dish (our server confirmed that there have been very few changes over the years). The Osso Bucco was exceptional - and I'm really picky about that as a top 5 favorite of mine, so that endorsement isn't given lightly. The Lobster Risotto was rich and full of flavor. We wanted to sample all of the apps, but settled for the Tuna Tartare, and *loved* it. Great place for a cocktail; outstanding place for a great dinner.Special Features:
- Let the food speak for itselfCopa19Dined on 7/31/2014We went for my boyfriend's birthday dinner before a show. Our server Max had that perfect balance of attentiveness and knowing when we wanted to be left alone. He made us feel very welcome. We ordered the grilled cesar salad and mozzarella appetizer to start. Max had the kitchen split the salad and app for us so they were served pre-portioned on our own plate. Both were simple but beautifully prepared. I ordered the gnocchi in tomatoe sauce. This was so simple but executed in a way that I savored every bite. My boyfriend ordered the pheasant gnocchi which was more complex and excellent as well. We embedded the night sharing the cannoli. This was also very good. Would go again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nice weather spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The caprese was wonderful, if a little small. The gnocchi was perfectly cooked and well-portioned. The real highlight, though, was the veal carpaccio. On a hot summer day, with arugula and parmesan, it was so refreshing. Drinks were nothing special, really, and we brought our own wine (they either waived the corkage fee or forgot to charge it), but the food here is really quite good. I'm not generally one to dine at Italian restaurants and yet I'll definitely go back. We ate outside, so I can't really comment on the scene in the much larger indoor dining area.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014Good food. Especially love the grilled cesear salad. The Calimari in the red broth was too salty. Possibly too many capers. Would have been nice to taste the calimari. Salt sometimes just covers up the real taste of the food itself.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food was wonderful. Had the Calamari Grilled and a Grilled Casear Salad. Less salt to the Calamari would have been a tad better, that way we can taste the calamari. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Barolo - always specialSeatteliteVIPDined on 7/18/2014We've been to Barolo 10+ times and always find it a delight - authentic Italian food, exquisite service and fine winesSpecial Features:
- all great, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014it was a warm day and the restaurant was hot with no air or breeze, which was a major distractionSpecial Features:
- Great Selection for Upscale ItalianFoodieFrancesVIPDined on 7/7/2014We have eaten here several times as it is close to home. We are trying different things on the menu each time. The braised octopus was amazing. The clams were perfectly seasoned in the broth. The pasta dishes are all very good. The rack of lamb was way over cooked but the waiter brought a replacement which was perfect. Love the cherry Amarone sauce with the lamb. The desserts are underwhelming - but that's a minor issue for a great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeawestruckDined on 7/1/2014Innovative menu We will certainly go back nice wines by the glass Friendly staff Always great music but too noisy to SoundHoundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLynnDined on 6/29/2014Service was great and so was our supper! We will definitely be back the next time we are in Seattle. It was super convenient as well as its right downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Great food, excellent service! Multiple employees checking in with us on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is Excellent, Dinner SuperbniceguyseattleVIPDined on 6/26/2014I've enjoyed three business lunches and finally had an opportunity to try Barolo for dinner. It was a special occasion, and the restaurant staff acknowledged it, printed menus that did so as well, and offered superb pasta (try the triangle with truffle butter), grilled veal scaloppine, and other dishes. Service was almost more attentive than needed.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwayscatiritaVIPDined on 6/24/2014Food was delightful .. Veal was perfect! Service interesting & attentive enough. Wine choices amazing! Viva Italiano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 6/23/2014I've been here 3 times, this time was the best: fettuccine pasta with salmon-excellent! Almost like I was in italy(almost!), salads are tricky so I don't like their cesar but the chicory salad was good. Didn't have any good dessert though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff wardrobe...PinkSugarDined on 6/17/2014The food it's ok, but I must say the management or owners need to tell their staff (hostess and bartender girls) to dress a bit more appropriate. Let's not confuse sexy with trashy. Atmosphere it's nice.
- Barololuvfood27VIPDined on 6/15/2014The was good, not great. Have had better Italian. The wait staff seemed overwhelmed, lacked experience. I went to the resttroom, still had personal items on table. The busboy took away my food, glass of wine etc. Cleared table but left my personal items sitting there. Came back and another waiter asked if I wanted dessert. I explained they took my app etc plus I had not even been served my dinner why would I want dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Father's Day exerienceGG2014VIPDined on 6/15/2014The bar was packed with great looking people! We were greeted by two lovely ladies at the hostess stand and took our coats. The ambiance was beautiful and inviting. Mckenzie was our server and she helped us select the most delicious dishes. We started with the sautéed calamari in a puttanesca sauce, grilled romaine caesar salad and a chicory salad with sardines, ricotta salata and speck-all excellent! The chicory had kind of a bitter, salty flavor which I loved! For our entrees, we had the special Monk fish wrapped in proscuitto with 4 clams over parmesan risotto, fettuccini with a rabbit ragu, pasta carbonara, and the wild boar. Every dish was amazing and we can't wait to go back. It was a fabulous fathers day dinner!Special Features:
- Barolo's great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Warm friendly service with complimentary sparkling mineral water on the table and the bread flows freely! I also loved the veggies on my plate but would like to see more plant based choices on the menu!Special Features: