1940 Westlake Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baroloseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 770-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 7 days a week: 3:00pm - midnight
Happy Hour: Every day
3:00pm-6:30pm and 10:00pm-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Milazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Food delivered only, no equipment.
- Private Party Facilities: Large and impressive semiprivate communal table for 22 people with dropped Italian crystal chandeliers. Semiprivate round table for 8 people with dropped Italian crystal chandelier.
- Private Party Contact: Jason 2067709000
A word from Barolo
Barolo Ristorante, located in the heart of downtown Seattle, offers a mix of timeless, old-world northern Italian dishes crafted with a contemporary presentation, using quality natural and organic products and ingredients, many from the Pacific Northwest. The wine list at Barolo includes more than 400 notable labels and varietals from around the world including Italy, California, Washington, Oregon and France. The restaurant also hosts a lively bar offering classic and specialty cocktails, over 40 kinds of grappas and late night dining. Set within a modern, urban building, Barolo’s smart Italian style is represented by lush textures, fabrics and ornamental design trends, merged with warm and comfortable accessories like hanging glass chandeliers over a large communal table, dark wood finishes, interesting interior lighting, and an abundance of flickering candlelight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Barolo - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Barolo reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)special occasion (67)romantic (65)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (37)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (34)great for lunch (28)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- ConsistentFoodfoodfoodVIPDined on 11/18/2014As usual, my meal at Barola was tasty and the service was friendly. My favorite is the Barolo Salad - always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- do recommenddalaDined on 11/17/2014Lunch service is always slow so i don't go there often. Noise level gets high around 12:30. Food has always been great for lunch and dinner but it is also a little more expensive than other restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as impressedHouseDined on 11/16/2014Yes great food BUT very noisy quite dark and uncomfortable, we were seated at the end of a huge table vast and uncomfortable. Not what I want for a very pricey meal.Special Features:
- ccccDined on 11/16/2014Food quality was really sub-par. Everything was blend - either not seasoned or under-seasoned. The minestrone tasted like it came out of a can and the pasta sauce from a store-bought jar. The desert had little flavour. Definitely will not come back. Very disappointing.
- Very rushed by wait staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014I had a disappointing dinner at Barolo. The entire time, I felt incredibly rushed by the various wait staff. First, unfortunately my (blind) date was late, and the waitress came by multiple times to ask if I was ready to order a drink, even though I said I was waiting for a date. I am very sorry he was late, but this was not my fault, and it made me feel worse getting pressured to order by the waitress. Once he arrived, she immediately jumped on us to order and we had to ask for more time (like, she asked as soon as he sat down). Then, while I still had pasta in my dish (and really, not very long after we had been served), the bus boy tried to take away my plate without even asking--so I grabbed for it and saved it. Our waitress also messed up our bill (that was easily corrected), but in the end, it was not the most pleasant atmosphere constantly feeling like we were rushed and the restaurant just wanted us out of there. That said, with many other excellent Italian dining options in Seattle, I will not be returning.
- Dinner was perfectLovetoeatDined on 11/11/2014My girlfriends and I wanted to try something new and heard great reviews. Barolo definitely was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMandorDined on 11/10/2014We were visiting Seattle for my daughters 10th birthday and picked Barolo based on Open Table reviews. For the most part, Barolo did not hold up to those reviews. Upon sitting down, our waitress came to our table, did not introduce herself, and immediately asked if we were ready to order. We were all taken aback, wondering if we were somehow mistaken for another table of hers. She was barely audible in an already loud place. To her credit, she was very friendly, but had no knowledge of the menu, didn't provide specials, and really seemed interested in rushing us through the process. We kept an open mind to the food, but alas it was fairly average. I had the gnocchi with pheasant, which was very good. The rest was disappointing.
- Barole our new favorite!theyoungdeniseDined on 11/5/2014We came in for Dine in Seattle week and had a great 3 course meal. We had several dishes that are a challenge to cook properly - octopus, duck, lobster -and they were all done to perfection. The wines our waitress suggested were great. For some reason, I have never had cannoli in the past, it was phenomenonal! A great restaurant for a special meal or just a Wednesday night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatablesLovestruckVIPDined on 11/3/2014I found d Barolo to be a gem We had been struggling while here to get so e amazing Italian food The foi gras was very good, the toast points were burnt but the bread on the table worked out The rack of Lamb was very good Everyone else in the party enjoyedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014Had dinner here prior to Jazz Alley performance. Our server was very friendly and attentive and the food tasty. Overall a great place to grab dinner before jazz. I will come back.
- most comfortable and deliciousSeasryDined on 10/31/2014Barolo took very good care of us. My note about the vibrant bar scene is a reference to what seems to be a very hot happy hour. The bar seems to quiet down as the evening progresses. House made pasta is always a special treat and Barolo's is tender and delicious. Sauces and stuffings are carefully prepared with attention to flavor, texture and appearance. Our service was attentive to our pacing and needs.Special Features:
- food was outstandingLoveitalianfoodDined on 10/30/2014Had their Seattle Restaurant Week special with my GFl... what a fantastic eating experience shared-octopus with chickpeas and garlic and pheasant with polenta for appetizers (really they were small dishes... both were great but the octopus was out of this world great... then had Arctic char with chanterelles and arugula..also fantastic... and gnocchi with Dungeness crab... almost as good as the char... for dessert, their Cannoli is what we had and as a New Yorker originally, I have never had better (and I have tasted a Lt of so so Cannoli)... wine selection was excellent as well had an Italian pinot grigio that was fruity delicious and a nice little Dolcetto that completed the pheasant especially well...Special Features:
- poor restaurant week farebacceliuDined on 10/29/2014This was my first time at Barolo and had heard great things about their Happy Hour menu. We decided to try them for restaurant week. We usually pick 1-2 new restaurants to try. Was really disappointed with the appetizers, we had the pheasant and the squid. A few pieces of each drenched in sauce. Entrees were the tenderloin risotto and crab gnocchi, both dishes I would not order again. Dessert options we picked were bread pudding and cannoli, both we did not finish. We will probably not return to Barolo, restaurant week, for me, is a great opportunity to try the best offerings of an establishment that we don't usually go to but overall our food experience was disappointing. I will say though the atmosphere and service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchStudiodogDined on 10/29/2014Took our daughter to lunch here for her birthday. It was restaurant week so we pulled off a special menu and were able to try a lot of items--ravioli, different salads, sausage with fennel. Really liked the calamari and char. Nice spot for lunch--kind of in-between South Lake Union and Westlake shopping district so worked out well for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014we went for our anniversary and really enjoyed the dinner. the restaurant was full due the restaurant week and the service was somewhat slow, but we really enjoined the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food & reasonable pricegourmetasteDined on 10/27/2014We'll definetely go again. We'll also recommend to friends.Special Features:
- tomwVIPDined on 10/26/2014Barolo used to be one of our very favorite places, but our last visit was disappointing. Food and service were both not up to the standards we are used to getting at Barolo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvfoodluvfoodDined on 10/23/2014Excellent food (only complaint was my steak was somewhat overcooked but still very good.) Tuna tartar, calamari, veal carpaccio all delicious appetizers. Excellent choice of Italian wines. Only down side was that our server complained that she should have gotten a 20% gratuity on $360 of wine we ordered despite getting a very appropriate tip on the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem a few blocks north of downtownGabrielleVIPDined on 10/21/2014Outstanding service, warm & elegant decor, ambiance is warm. Make a reservation -- tables fill up.. Great for a group celebration (there's a long dining table seating 20 in the middle of the restaurant). My hubby and I went for a date (lots of couples were there) -- quiet enough for romance. Awesome happy hour -- normal menu items at discounted price. Great menu items include grilled octopus or calamari, pheasant, beef on risotto, bread pudding & cannollis (the best I've ever had) . Oh yes, table water is filtered (no chemical taste) and includes sparking water (no charge). A new favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swedeDined on 10/17/2014Great food, service and the owner made sure everything was the way we liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!GourmetDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated my 55th birthday at Barolo and now 3 years later we celebrated my wife's 55th! We were treated like royalty from the time we arrive. Can't think of any other dining experience were we received this quality of service. The food is Oh La La Delicious! Can't wait until our next visit to Seattle so we can dine at Barolo again! Excellent ambiance and perfect lighting! The complimentary sparkling or still filter water was a nice treat!Special Features:
- Consistently greatmikeDined on 10/16/2014Consistently great food. Not a lot of change in the menu, so I tend to go in spurts, but it's a great experience overall, and consistently great food and service. I go mostly for business lunches, occasionally for dinner.Special Features:
- dianaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Superb food, excellent preparation, and just the right size portions! We will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent.Nancy828Dined on 10/14/2014Loved the food, and our server. But it was outrageously loud, nancymick uncomfortably so. And personally, I'd like a 'warmer' decor and ambiance, not so stark and noisy. But, I'll go back for the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- chuckVIPDined on 10/13/2014great for business lunch. private tables, great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Swanky restaurant, nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Absolutely beautiful restaurant. Loved the ambiance and I loved the variety of types of food and drinks offered. The tapenade was great, the entrees were a little too salty, but the hazelnut gelato and coffee were FANTASTIC!! The noise level was pretty loud as it was rather difficult to hear our server. Overall it was an enjoyable experience though. I went for a special occasion for a friend, and would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealSeattleLuncherDined on 10/7/2014The lunch special was delicious with lots of nice flavors. New waitstaff was friendly and pleasant. The owners are also available and welcoming. Looking forward to the next chance to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and friendly service. Will highly recommend it............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian CuisineIanaDined on 10/4/2014My boyfriend and I had a wonderful date night dining at Barolo on Saturday night. Our waiter was very friendly, witty and knowledgeable about the menu. I had pasta and my boyfriend had a lamb special and the food was delicious. The menu selection is in great tradition of Italian cuisine with a twist that will pleasantly surprise your taste buds. :)Special Features:
- Always solidcox3000VIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been to Barolo several times over the years, and it never disappoints. Lovely interior, excellent service, and outstanding food.Special Features:
- BaroloOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014I was entertaining business associates for lunch. food was very good, carefully and well prepared, delicious. Only downside waitress had food spots on her shirt :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014What more can I say. We have dined at Barolo many times and it is always delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner for our anniversary. The service and food were great. The lamb with cherry wine sauce was delicious! Only minor drawback was the noise level. We were seated in the table nearest the bar which was fairly noisy until a large party was seated. It got a bit better after that, but due to the smallish size its not a really quiet place. It was not overly loud by any means after the bar crowd left, but it also wasn't quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLBandMSKDined on 9/27/2014Our waiter was very knowledgable about the wine, which my husband really appreciated. All the food was delicous and right on time.Special Features:
- Borolo was fantastic!PaulDDined on 9/26/2014The service was excellent from the moment we walked in the door. The staff was professional and friendly and did a wonderful job. It was our anniversary and Borolo went out of the way to make it a special night. In addition, the food was superb! Thanks to the staff, management, and owners for your commitment to fine dining. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was better last time.GoodVIPDined on 9/21/2014I ordered the crab fettucine - wasn't too impressed....tasted frozen.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I have been here several times and have always loved the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Service was excellent and information was transferred about my wife's bday. Food recommendations were spot on and timely. Gnocchi was superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!imhungryDined on 9/19/2014What an incredible restaurant. It was my Mom's birthday and they printed a special menu saying happy birthday, brought out dessert with a candle! Very memorable and special. The food was to die for, best pasta I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchExIrishDined on 9/17/2014This is a really good place. It is often my go-to place for guests and kinda special time meals. I generally do not like Italian but this place is really different and I seriously like it. It can be seriously expensive but the prix fixe lunch is a really good deal. Anyway, I like it.Special Features: