398 West Broadway
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nybarolo.com/
- Phone: (212) 226-1102
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're hosting a business luncheon or formal dinner, we will cater to your needs with a host of options including: Dining in 3 separate rooms, seating up to 450 people. Indoor and out.
- Private Party Contact: Lourdes Bejasa 2122261102
- Cross Street: Between Spring and Broome Streets
- Public Transit: C or E trains to Spring Street. Nor R train to Prince Street. 6 train to Spring Street.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: There is a parking garage located on West Broadwar between Broome and Grande street about a block away. Street parking also available.
A word from Barolo
Barolo Restaurant and Garden brings to you the flavors and the food of the beautiful wine region of Barolo in northern Italy. Barolo's Garden has the reputation of being one of the most romantic places in the city. The restaurant is located in the historic landmark district of Soho, which has become the center of the art world, and a fashionable locale for entertainment and fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barolo reviews from OpenTable diners
- I've had airplane food thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013I've had airplane food that tasted better. Not even close to being OK. Service was also awful. Will never return and cannot recommend to anyone.
- We went there in the middleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2013We went there in the middle of an snow storm during restaurant week. Service was ok but by no means outstanding. I've heard that they do have a great outdoor space which we - obviously - couldn't enjoy. Will be back in summer to do so, thoughSpecial Features:
- Delicious and large portionsm3mooreDined on 2/4/2013Delicious and large portions during resturant week! Will go back again soon.Special Features:
- I went for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/29/2013I went for restaurant week & was very happy I chose them. The food was very tasty.
- Truly 1 of the Best NYC restaurantssalEdawgzDined on 1/27/2013This is one of my favorite NYC Italian restaurants. The food is fantastic along with everything else. It's a mix of authentic, classic recipes and upgraded dishes. I've never had a bad experience here. The staff is friendly, courteous and professional. You don't feel rushed but don't feel abandoned either. I really enjoy the outdoor garden dining in the summertime, especially during the twilight hours. The prices are on the expensive side of NYC dining, but if you take advantage of NYC restaurant weeks in January and July, you'll get a bit of a break on your check. Stay clear of the $5 cups of coffees and you'll be fine. But never skip out on dessert! It's always worth the trip to this fine Soho establishment.Special Features:
- 1ST TIME @BAROLO = EXCELLENT!DIANNNNNEDined on 1/21/20131ST TIME @BAROLO = EXCELLENT! A FIND DURING RESTAURANT WEEK.Special Features:
- If you go in warm weather,BeachmdVIPDined on 1/20/2013If you go in warm weather, they have an amazing internal terrace with lights and trees; try to get a table in there. It's very romantic.Special Features:
- Restaurant week menu was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013Restaurant week menu was really subpar, service was neither great nor friendly, I'm sure they can do much better. I wanted to like the place, I won't be going back anytime soon.
- We went to explore for restaurant2foodiesDined on 1/18/2013We went to explore for restaurant week. I had requested a quiet table, if possible. The hostess ignored that request, in fact she put us close to the door,in the middle of the restaurant when there were clearly numerous tables in the back. She told us those tables were all reserved. We were also disappointed with the selections offered for the special pre fixe menu; however, we found interesting choices for comparable pirces. The waiter was attentive, knowledgeable and inobtrusive. Each course was fresh, delicious and generously served. Somehow, even though the restaurant did fill up, the dining room remained beautifully quiet. While intially we had not been impressed, by the end of the evening we had been completely won over.Special Features:
- The food was good but I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2013The food was good but I would have preferred a more accurate menu. The menu didn't list everything, e.g. I had the pancake for the app and it didn't state it had a vinagrette. I would have ordered differently if I had known. The veal meatballs were very good. The grilled swordfish was cooked perfectly. Each main dish was plentiful. Dessert was good also.Special Features:
- Lovely staff. Dry, tastelessUWSFoodieDined on 11/14/2012Lovely staff. Dry, tasteless food. Four items ordered by our group. Only one with any flavor. Huge disappointment.
- I always eat at Barolo whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012I always eat at Barolo when in NYC. Our waiter needed to smile more but he was nice. A smile means a lot!!Special Features:
- Had a fabulous dinner in theSporterVIPDined on 10/26/2012Had a fabulous dinner in the garden, lovely lighting, good service, great food, right before the arrival of Sandy. It was a total pleasure.Special Features:
- Excellent across the board.TammiDined on 10/26/2012Excellent across the board. Service, food and outdoor dining. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food slection and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2012The food slection and staff were excellent but there wher large parties all around us while we were trying to have a working business dinner--Special Features:
- Expected More... Menu &OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2012Expected More... Menu & Ambiance - Above par/Food - Good, not great/Service - Not So Much. The wait staff did not enhance our experience at Barolo at all. Their mood was solemn, at best. We were trying to have an evening of fun and conversation while visiting our son who attends college in the city. Barolo will not be our choice next time.Special Features:
- Ristorante italiano a SohoCamillaCDined on 9/23/2012Un po' al di sotto delle aspettative. Piatti italiani adattati ai gusti degli americani. Ambiente un po' rumoroso.Special Features:
- Not Worth ItmmckloskeyDined on 9/22/2012Barolo has such potential. Their garden space is great but because everything else (food, service) is just so-so, the whole experience is a disappointment, especially when you consider the price tag. The service is fine, it's just not personal at all. There's too much going on and everyone is a rush to get you seated, get your food, get it cleared and get you the check. Not bad if you want that kind of thing but with an outdoor space, and again the way they price their dishes and wine, one typically expects to be allowed to enjoy it as well as some individual attention from the service staff. The food was just fine; you can certainly find better Italian at a better price in New York. Don't bother with Barolo.
- We thoughly enjoyed our vistJamesGuyVIPDined on 9/22/2012We thoughly enjoyed our vist with seating on the Patio completing a wonderful evening. The wine list was amazing and the food was expertly prepared. The only issue we had (and we adjusted the tip accordingly) was the 20 min. wait to get our check and have our charge card processed. It was busy, but the wait and the process (it seemed only one person was allowed to work the computer to get the bill approved) was left over from the dark ages...Figure out how generate a bill and get a charge card approval.Special Features:
- They handled our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012They handled our reservation very well and the service and food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Great outdoor dining experienceSandyWDined on 9/15/2012This restaurant is enormous with three distinct areas that one can be seated in. However; it is famous for it's magnificent garden in the back that seats over 100 people. This past Saturday night with the weather being perfect it was filled with lots of people and energy and it couldn't have been more perfect. The food was really very good. The service was excellent though the waiter wasn't the friendliest. Most importantly the waiters weren't looking to rush you to leave since the restaurant always has a table somewhere open for new patrons. I will definitely return especially if the weather is looking good to enjoy the most beautiful outdoor dining experience in the city.Special Features:
- Not as good as expected..NYCAG84VIPDined on 9/14/2012The outdoor seating was nice, the location is unbeatable, but was disappointed with the food quality and service. I had the fish special which was ok, nothing spectacular. The other dish we ordered was the Branzino and we have had better at other restaurants. Now the service, for an Italian restaurant you would like to think that they would have enough Olive Oil. The Barolo team asked us on at least four occassions if we were done with our tray of Olive Oil. This was a tad annoying. The outdoor seats were uncomfortable and not conducive to enjoying a dining experience. The banana tart was ok, nothing special. There was no value for money spent. One would be better off at a Scotto's or Olive Garden and would have spent much less.Special Features:
- Again the size on the portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2012Again the size on the portions in america. With barolos carpaccio you could feed a whole italian family, which arent very small.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2012The food and service were okay, but not outstanding. Maybe we expected more of a romantic ambiance, it was raining that night so we could not sit outside. Overall it was okay.
- I have been to Barolo before,NYCfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2012I have been to Barolo before, and was not as happy with my experience this time. The service was better than the food. I ordered a simple dish, and struggled with the fish (in the shell,) with the knife I was given. The service was wonderful. The outdoor dining makes it a lovely restaurant. I might return, but would hope for the food to return to the quality that I have experienced in the past. Grazie.Special Features:
- Great outdoor space, food and vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2012they have great food and a really lovely outdoor space in Soho. Service was poor but we arrived at a strange time. 6PM on a Tuesday. Their were plenty of waiters but they were not busy enough to be paying any attention to anyone. We also had a number of people serve us. But they got into the swing of things after a while and it was really a beautiful space with great food. Note: Go a little later than 6PM - when the dinner service is in full swing.
- I asted better Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012I asted better Italian food in less expensive restaurants.Special Features:
- Modern Italian diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012Super athmosphere, Friendly staff, Really good food, and an extensive winelist. The outdoor area is great.Special Features:
- Never experienced...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012Arrived to an empty restaurant inside on Friday night at 8pm. Soon, we discovered that everyone was seated outside in the garden. We were seated in rather uncomfortable chairs only after the waitress reluctantly sat us in the garden given that open table did not specify the requested seating. I was still ok so far. But, as we were reviewing the menu that included various Italian red wines, I noticed that many of the years were not disclosed on the wine list. Strike three...we left without eating at the restaurant. I was looking at wines ranging in price between $80 - $110 per bottle. All four of us sensed that we were in for an expensive disappointment. We left immediately. I recommend that the restaurant focus on impression management.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2012We were very disappointed with the service and the food options. The outdoor garden is fantastic, so maybe stop by for a class of wine and brunch, but for a romantic Italian dinner under the moonlight I'd suggest going elsewhere.Special Features:
- I've been to Barolo severalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2012I've been to Barolo several times and enjoyed all the meals. The only disappointment I had went there for Christmas Eve dinner and the place was not decorated for the holidays!Special Features:
- I did not enjoy the food atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012I did not enjoy the food at all.. Most of the people who dinned with me did not like there dinner as well.Special Features:
- Ambience was nice, but althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2012Ambience was nice, but although the food presentation was also nice the taste was very bland and over priced especially for restaurant week.Special Features:
- Do not go after 10:30!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2012The place is beautiful and the food is good, but I do not understand why they accept reservation at 11:00 p.m. if they close the kitchen at 11:30 pm and close the restaurant at 11:45 pm. I was literally requested to go out.Special Features:
- $4.25 for about 1/2 can of soda!PerfectVIPDined on 8/9/2012Great place for outdoor dining and Italian food. $4.25 for a glass of diet coke though. It's about 1/2 can of soda at best too. I still go back but since I don't drink it's a bit of a turn off that they want to perform what amounts to price gouging for a non-alcoholic drink. Too bad.
- Great embience. Service couldAimeeVIPDined on 8/7/2012Great embience. Service could have been better though.Special Features:
- Will be back soonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2012Great food, friendly staff, beautiful decor and outdoor dining area. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- My friend and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2012My friend and I had a great time at Barolo. The service and food were excellent and I can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- The food was horrible !!!!!!!!!!NazyVIPDined on 8/2/2012The food was horrible !!!!!!!!!! We were 5 people and we all left very unsatisfied!!!Special Features:
- Terrible service and food to matchsfoseaDined on 8/1/2012Carpaccio sauce smelled & tasted like cat food. Didn't bring olive oil or balsamic for bread or Parmesan for pasta. Our server ignored us all night. We had to wait 30 mins for our bill, & he only gave it to us as we were walking upfront to the host to pay. Ravioli was ok, fish was over cooked. Terrible service, overpriced bad food. Nice garden. Will never return again!