3030 E 6th Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barologrilldenver.com/
- Phone: 3033931040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:15pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Darrel Truett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Barolo Grill has three private dining rooms available for groups of 6 to 30 people. Please contact Jamie, our event coordinator, for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Patrick 3033931040
A word from Barolo Grill
Barolo Grill, an award winning Cherry Creek North restaurant, prides itself on serving authentic northern Italian food while maintaining a comfortable, elegant ambience. Known for hand crafted modern Piemontese cuisine, spectacular wine cellar, and knowledgeable, attentive staff, Barolo can be a perfect choice for a special occasion or just a fun night out. Chef Darrel Truett's cuisine focuses on the Northern Italian provinces of Piedmont and Tuscany. Seasonally changing menus feature locally sourced ingredients, proudly supporting regional farms and producers. Owner Blair Taylor and wine director Ryan Fletter are proud to feature small family wineries that are dedicated to Earth-friendly farming and winemaking philosophies. Barolo Grill has one of the largest collections of Barolo wines outside of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Barolo Grill - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Barolo Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)fit for foodies (161)notable wine list (153)neighborhood gem (119)romantic (109)good for groups (34)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OutstandingdenverdutchDined on 10/18/2014What to say, Barolo Grill delivered once again. Excellent food, great service and a great wine recommendation from the sommelier led to a perfect dinner for the 4 of us.Special Features:
- Second chance, no third!MortDined on 10/17/2014We'd tried Barolo Grill during 5280....parts of the dinner were great...some not so much. We decided to give it another chance. Just our luck, some idiot brings their young child...who is allowed to run around and screech at the top of its little lungs...not very welcome when expecting an upscale dining experience. The downfall, again, was the entree. Mine was bland, lacking the brightness a bit of acid would have added. My husband had a pasta dish was undercooked. What was weird, is they served one of my little pastas first...I ate while my husband sat watching. My second little pasta arrived when my husbands meal did. Between the screaming kid, average food and weird service...we scratched this place off our list.
- ExcellentFrankDined on 10/17/2014Everything was first class and the staff was outstanding. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barolo Grill Delightful experienceSuzaDined on 10/16/2014We went on the recommendation of a friend. We were very pleased with both the appearance of the restaurant and the dining experience. The waiter was excellent and we found the food excellent as well. The menu offered a variety of items so that all found selections to their liking. The noise level was not bad and we were able to converse easily. All in all a good find for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbgmkcpa1Dined on 10/16/2014Anyone who is used to to high quality national (New York, San Francisco, LA) or Superb International restaurants has to experience Barolo. The wait staff is extremely educated in the culinary arts and travel to Italy once a year for courses in local cuisine, wines etc. The menu is exquisite but I prefer to go in and order the "Tasting Menu" in which the Chef sends out 7 courses with wine pairings picked just for you. I highly recommend this restaurant if you really want to celebrate a special occasion or impress a client. You can book a private function, as well.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/15/2014We were looking forward to a lovely evening at the Barolo having read a few excellent reviews. Wow were we ever disappointed. The evening began with our being seated near the kitchen door. Very noisy and distracting We began the meal with the mussels which were small, dry and tasted old. Next came the salads which were quite unpleasant; the chef(s) threw in everything they had in the fridge. Greatly overdone. The entres were very disappointing. My dining partners putanesca with tuna was mediocre at best and my homemade noodles with braised rabbit was inedible. The noodles were tasteless and the braised rabbit consisted of shredded meat which tasted like bad shredded chicken. That entre was removed from our bill. Service was good
- Barolo GrillJeMangeDined on 10/14/2014The food is absolutely amazing! We had the Menu Degustazione - the Chef’s Tasting Menu. If you choose this option, you cannot go wrong if you order the paired wines with it. Trite, but words cannot describe my dining experience. Wait staff was very attentive (but not too attentive, so I can check the "romantic" box). I think this may have been the best meal I have ever had. Eat here!!Special Features:
- Could be betterLovetoeatDined on 10/11/2014We had an 8:45 p.m. reservation, yet we weren't seated until 9:10 p.m. We waited 40 minutes for our food while others who sat before us were served. We specifically requested a booth, yet we were placed in a center of the room table - near the kitchen traffic.
- FabulosoRogersVIPDined on 10/11/2014The staff,the food,the reasonable wine list,is always.appreciated.we are always so impressed and happy to have enjoyed a great meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Food great, service great, wines great Fun room, felt at home and comfortable.Special Features:
- ExcellentMiltonDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary, had the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings and were completely delighted. Absolutely excellent.Special Features:
- yummymamatoluVIPDined on 10/3/2014we had great service and really delicious food-we had a great bottle of wine and celebrated our anniversary in style at baroloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent all aroundwhmbDined on 10/2/2014Took my mother to Barolo, and had the tasting menu with wine pairings. It was phenomenal from start to finish. Perfectly sized portions, and well educated friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent special occasion1234VIPDined on 10/1/2014This was my wife's birthday, and she loves Barolo Grill (so do I). The service is always extremely attentive, and servers are well trained in all the details that makes service special. My wife had the duck (a Barolo specialty) and it was perfect as usual. I had the lamb and it was done just as it should be. A special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Dining in DenverFineFoodFanDined on 10/1/2014Barolo Grill remains one of Denver's finest. Exceptional food, smart service and an elegant, romantic setting. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Denver!LoveDiningOutVIPDined on 10/1/2014We came here 5 1/2 years ago for our first date and have been coming regularly ever since. It just keeps getting better. We have never been disappointed in a meal and our meal this time was the best yet. One small disappointment was the after dinner truffle...new confectioner, not as decadent. But everything else was AMAZING!!!! And we eat out a lot :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMMMOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014My wife and I had a great meal with great service, as always. Consistently excellentSpecial Features:
- Barolo Grill - September 2014FoodandWineLoverDined on 9/27/2014I took my boyfriend to dinner at Barolo Grill for his birthday. The food and service were not as good as in previous visits. Since the sommelier seemed to be nowhere in sight, we ordered a California Pinot Noir - I would've loved some guidance with the all the Italian reds on the menu. Bread arrived late and with no butter or olive oil. The homemade nociolla ice cream was tasteless and had to be sent back. The worst part of the evening was when a last-minute, surprise guest stopped by the large table next to us. The noise level went up considerably, making it hard to have a conversation. Our server apologized after the fact, however, it did have a negative impact on our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!likeswhenotherscookDined on 9/27/2014We took our foodie relatives from Toronto to the Barolo Grill for my husbands 50th birthday. We had the most lovely time! The ambiance is cozy. Our food was amazing! Everything we ordered was just fantastic. Adrianne; our server, was superb - and beyond knowledgeable about how everything on our plates was prepared. I can't say enough wonderful things about our experience! Thank you.Special Features:
- Barolo - The Best!burgerboyDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant does EVERYTHING right! From the greeting at the door to the table service to the food everything is done just right. This is a first class experience.Special Features:
- anniversaryburke22Dined on 9/20/2014Nice way to have an anniversary dinner. Very romantic with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HmmmmmNonFoodieFoodLoverDined on 9/20/2014Wasn't sure what to call this. Very nice, expensive, great service, Euro-menu. Thought I'd step out of my comfort zone and go for fish as per the waiter's recommendation. The halibut was dry......clever, but dry. I was eying my neighbors rich looking pasta bolognese. Fellow diners said the rabbit was amazing and I believe them. Dessert was amazing.Special Features:
- Off Night for Barolo RegularsKJMLMVIPDined on 9/20/2014Have been going to Barolo for years and last Saturday Night was the worst experience we have had. Service was not up to Barolo's standard and the food was mediocre at best. I have been ordering the duck for the past 10+ years and it was dry and not nearly as delicious as usual. There were other issues that will be covered in a private message. Hoping this was just an off night as Barolo has always been one of our favorites
- One of Denver's Bestjm7128Dined on 9/18/2014Barolo Grill has been one of Denver's best restaurants for many years. The food is outstanding - I highly recommend the "Super" Caprese salad and the Barolo style braised duck.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014My food was not that good was kind salty waitress never even offer to re make it or apologize .Special Features:
- GormetGuruGourmetGuruVIPDined on 9/16/2014Everything about this place is first rate - food is great, ambience is perfect, staff friendly - if you enjoy great Italian food this probably best in DenverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the hypeihartsnowDined on 9/16/2014The Barolo Grill has been one of the top restaurants in Denver since I moved here in 1990, but I had never been. Finally, for my birthday, my husband and I made the trek into town and we were not disappointed! Every bite of every dish was perfection. From the Italian hand-painted plates on the table, to the perfectly attentive server, to the casual elegant atmosphere, this is a "true to it's Italian roots" restaurant. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant EXCEPT!!!!!!!!911skibumVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food and wine was outstanding as always at Barolo. However, my wife and I are Oenophiles (wine connoisseurs) and we had ordered two different bottles of wine for our group. We were very disturbed that when our server thought it was ok to stick his nose about 1/2 inch away from the bottle and the decanter lip. The server did this twice. We find this practice to be extremely distasteful and unhealthy. There is nothing wrong in enjoying the wine's bouquet if it is in your glass!!Special Features:
- FabulousJohnVIPDined on 9/13/2014Blair and his team are the best. Great food, great wine, great service and you always feel appreciated and welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch EverythingFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our first trip to Barolo and we will be sure to come back. Every detail was superb, The food was all prepared very well with the freshest ingredients. Suggestions about the food and wine were very good. It was nice to meet the owner and chat it up a bit to learn interesting details about some of the food and wines. They spend some extra time on wine selection and it shows in a very positive way. All good. Thanks!Special Features:
- Terrific as alwaystejoVIPDined on 9/12/2014A group of 4 went to Barolo to celebrate 2 birthdays. As always, we had an exceptional experience. Service is first class; food is imaginative, very tasty and well presented. We'll return regularly.Special Features:
- Exceptional Restaurant!JeffDined on 9/12/2014Everything about this business dinner was phenomenal! This is the kind of place that you can tell is going to be great just walking in the door. Just the right size, the food was fantastic from appetizers through the rest of the meal. You need to try the Squash Blossoms as an appetizer. Everyone in the party raved about their appetizers. Everything from lamb loin to halibut. The Willamette Pinot Gris was also fantastic.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicevinodudeDined on 9/12/2014The meals we ordered were fantastic and the service was top-notch. The server was very knowledgeable and did a good job of suggesting a wine that paired well with the food. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotfitproDined on 9/11/2014Always go there for special ocaissions. Service always dependable and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barolo DuckGourmandVIPDined on 9/11/2014I was so excited to see the Barolo Duck with kalamata olives back on the menu, so I had to have it. It's not the same recipe :-( It has a bit of a citrus flavor added. It was okay, but please bring back the original version! Food is always great!!!Special Features:
- Northern Italy in DenverTerriODined on 9/10/2014This is like setting in a restaurant in Italy. The food is always interesting and well prepared. Diverse menu that changes every six weeks.Special Features:
- itwasgoodDined on 9/5/2014Food was very good. Service not so much. Servers should be trained not to reach accross tables to put rolls on dishes or to reach accross someone to put another diner's plate on the table. Additionally, after a server takes a drink order, a diner should not have to wait close to 15 minutes to get the drink nor to have bread served or an order taken. Granted it was busy when we were there, but that should be expected at a good restaurant on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Wow!MISSannieMDined on 9/3/2014We had an amazing time here! The service was spotty and slow at first but after they realized our whole party arrived it was beyond wonderful. Our server Chris was great at understanding what we were looking for in a wine, and delivering a spectacular bottle. Same with the dessert. He was knowledgeable of everything they have to offer and provided us with exceptional service, nay, hospitality. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great place/atmosphere to celebrate or for just a good time. I'll definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AnnethegirlDined on 9/3/2014This is a top-notch restaurant. All the hype is true. Amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDenverDinerDined on 9/2/2014Enjoyed tasting menu. Lots of great food and server was very helpful. Food and drinks did take long to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.