3030 E 6th Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barologrilldenver.com/
- Phone: 3033931040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:15pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Darrel Truett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Barolo Grill has three private dining rooms available for groups of 6 to 30 people. Please contact Jamie, our event coordinator, for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Patrick 3033931040
A word from Barolo Grill
Barolo Grill, an award winning Cherry Creek North restaurant, prides itself on serving authentic northern Italian food while maintaining a comfortable, elegant ambience. Known for hand crafted modern Piemontese cuisine, spectacular wine cellar, and knowledgeable, attentive staff, Barolo can be a perfect choice for a special occasion or just a fun night out. Chef Darrel Truett's cuisine focuses on the Northern Italian provinces of Piedmont and Tuscany. Seasonally changing menus feature locally sourced ingredients, proudly supporting regional farms and producers. Owner Blair Taylor and wine director Ryan Fletter are proud to feature small family wineries that are dedicated to Earth-friendly farming and winemaking philosophies. Barolo Grill has one of the largest collections of Barolo wines outside of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Barolo Grill - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Barolo Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)notable wine list (137)fit for foodies (136)neighborhood gem (100)romantic (99)good for groups (27)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- FabulousJohnVIPDined on 9/13/2014Blair and his team are the best. Great food, great wine, great service and you always feel appreciated and welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as alwaystejoVIPDined on 9/12/2014A group of 4 went to Barolo to celebrate 2 birthdays. As always, we had an exceptional experience. Service is first class; food is imaginative, very tasty and well presented. We'll return regularly.Special Features:
- Exceptional Restaurant!JeffDined on 9/12/2014Everything about this business dinner was phenomenal! This is the kind of place that you can tell is going to be great just walking in the door. Just the right size, the food was fantastic from appetizers through the rest of the meal. You need to try the Squash Blossoms as an appetizer. Everyone in the party raved about their appetizers. Everything from lamb loin to halibut. The Willamette Pinot Gris was also fantastic.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicevinodudeDined on 9/12/2014The meals we ordered were fantastic and the service was top-notch. The server was very knowledgeable and did a good job of suggesting a wine that paired well with the food. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotfitproDined on 9/11/2014Always go there for special ocaissions. Service always dependable and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern Italy in DenverTerriODined on 9/10/2014This is like setting in a restaurant in Italy. The food is always interesting and well prepared. Diverse menu that changes every six weeks.Special Features:
- itwasgoodDined on 9/5/2014Food was very good. Service not so much. Servers should be trained not to reach accross tables to put rolls on dishes or to reach accross someone to put another diner's plate on the table. Additionally, after a server takes a drink order, a diner should not have to wait close to 15 minutes to get the drink nor to have bread served or an order taken. Granted it was busy when we were there, but that should be expected at a good restaurant on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Wow!MISSannieMDined on 9/3/2014We had an amazing time here! The service was spotty and slow at first but after they realized our whole party arrived it was beyond wonderful. Our server Chris was great at understanding what we were looking for in a wine, and delivering a spectacular bottle. Same with the dessert. He was knowledgeable of everything they have to offer and provided us with exceptional service, nay, hospitality. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great place/atmosphere to celebrate or for just a good time. I'll definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AnnethegirlDined on 9/3/2014This is a top-notch restaurant. All the hype is true. Amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDenverDinerDined on 9/2/2014Enjoyed tasting menu. Lots of great food and server was very helpful. Food and drinks did take long to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteBirthdayGirlDined on 8/30/2014Our meal was delicious, especially the risotto. The recommended wines per course were excellent. Our primary wait person, Hugh, was delightful. He was courteous, pleasant, personable, knowledgeable and most accommodating. He is a gem among all the spectacular dishes obviously made with flair by your chefs. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I'm not sure I would choose this during one of Denver's special restaurant or food weeks.Special Features:
- Always outstandingCelesteVIPDined on 8/30/2014Memorable for delicious food and wine pairing . We are never disappointed. One of the best restaurants in Denver.Special Features:
- Lost their waySteveDined on 8/30/2014Restaurant week menu; first two courses (melon, pasta) were excellent. Entree (pork shoulder) was terrible. Desert was OK. Cocktails were excellent. Service was OK.
- GiGiDined on 8/30/2014We were in Denver for our anniversary and chose Barolo Grill for the menu items and reviews. When we walked in my husband commented that the word "Grill" did not do it justice! It was very classy and romantic! We had the pre-fixe menu since it was Restaurant Week. The Risotto, pan seared sea bream, and grilled Colorado flatiron beef were excellent as was everything else we tried. There was not one item offered that we did not enjoy! Even the wine pairing for each course was perfect! Our server explained each menu item as it was presented and even told us a little history of the wine pairings! I would highly recommend Barolo Grill to anyone visiting Denver. It was the highlight of our stay there!Special Features:
- A lovely eveningFoodiesDined on 8/29/2014Barolo did it again; an amazing meal, beautiful wine pairings with our 4 courses, and great service. The highlights for us are twofold: a relaxing 2.5 hour meal, and acoustic tiles that made it easy to hear each other. This translates to allowing us to relax into our chairs, and engage in meaningful conversations. Thank You!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!MollyDined on 8/29/2014We chose to eat at Barolo Grill during Denver Restaurant Week, and we are so glad we did! We were seated in a side room, so ambience was lovely and quiet. The waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu and wines, and each of the four courses was excellent! We will definitely return to Barolo Grill.Special Features:
- Always one of the best .lhowVIPDined on 8/29/2014Service and food were excellent as always. Great selections for restaurant week specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!DG802Dined on 8/29/2014The food and service were outstanding! We weew greeted by a friendly valet who parked our car. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The meal wax excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingfishingDined on 8/29/2014Except for the very friendly hostess, the service was a bit pompous. Food portions were small but good except for the pork entrée which was terrible. The $23 wine pairings were 2 sips each course and didn't total 1/2 glass as advertised. It would have been more satisfying to order 2 glasses of wine period. One server took my empty bread plate without asking if I wanted another roll. The restaurant has a sterling reputation, but was very disappointing for us.Special Features:
- Not for me, will not return.kagnetDined on 8/28/2014The food was good and server outstanding. All in all it would have been an enjoyable evening if it hadn't been for the ridiculously long wait (35 minutes wait is why the low service and overall rating) even though we had reservations. Front of house did apologize but it seemed ingenuine. I feel personally insulted if and when this happens to me and I don't go back. I usually don't have to wait more than 10 - 15 minutes or so if I use Open Table. To add insult to injury my wife had minor foot surgery that morning. Maybe they're hot & busy now but over booking/poor planning will get ya in the end. I've seen 'em come and go. If this happens to you please let people know by a review.Special Features:
- reliable and dependableLiv2eatVIPDined on 8/28/2014Barolo Grill continues to be one of our favorites and it never disappoints us. The waitstaff is also extraordinarily helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Disappointed in Barolo!!Luvzgr8foodDined on 8/28/2014I love going to Barolo Grill, but this time saddened me. My return to Barolo grill for this years Restaurant Week was déjà voi. They served the same items during this years earlier Restaurant Week. No wonder you couldn't find their menu on the Restaurant Week. Quality has fallen off at the Barolo Grill. So sad.
- Met high expectationslifewithafoodieDined on 8/27/2014My boyfriend is a foodie and ever since I met him, finding restaurants that can match what he can cook at home is difficult. There are only a handful that he is willing to go to. I decided to take him to Barolo (since I, myself, can't cook) and expectations were high. Fortunately, just about everything met our high expectations. The mushroom risotto (lemongrass was a nice touch), sea bream, and prosciutto were the highlights. The staff was patient as we tried to find the right red and answered all of our questions. They gave us a lovely table right by the fireplace which made for great ambiance.Special Features:
- A place for wino's and foodiesKnowwineDined on 8/27/2014This resturaunt nailed Italian fine dining and has proper wine pairings to enhance the experience. The staff is knowledgeble and friendly!Special Features:
- OutstandingNardo78Dined on 8/26/2014We went for RW and we had an excellent meal and service. The tajarin al ragù di salsiccia were amazing. Too bad the portion was gone in 2 bites.Special Features:
- ApiciusDined on 8/26/2014Every meal I've ever had at Barolo has been memorable! The quality of the food and the care in preparation and presentation are stellar. And the waitstaff is pleasant, efficient, and well informed. As a foodie and decent cook, I am always amazed at the imagination demonstrated by the chef. Even during restaurant week there is no slacking, no lowering of standards, no 'minceur' portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/26/2014Loved the food, service and atmosphere. Ate during restaurant week- portions seemed small but included 4 courses for $30. Everything was cooked perfectly, had the bream-very moist and tasty. Extensive wine list, great service. Beautiful interior. Nice touch to have valet parking included. Have traveled down 6th Ave for years and finally got to visit! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great supporting act-main act so soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014Ambiance is fun, service is impeccable, and most of the food was great. The starters were yummy, and side dishes were delicious, but entrees were so-so. My husband had fish, and I had pork, and both were lackluster. Overall we had a fine experience, and we will definitely return, but our hope will be for more flavorful entrees in addition to the sides.Special Features:
- dinecoloDined on 8/26/2014Dinner and the service were exceptional. We were surprised to find it was 5280 Week so we had a little bonus and the 4 course menu was outstanding. Our waitress also recommended a lovely bottle of wine to accompany dinner. We shall certainly return.Special Features:
- TerryDined on 8/23/2014Consistently great and interesting fare, with competent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bestKerryCRDined on 8/23/2014This is our special occasion restaurant. Sometimes random Thursdays become special occasions too! Always excellent service, creative classics, and a beautiful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easily a Denver BestPSmurfVIPDined on 8/23/2014Barolo Grill, with its Northern Italian fare and its nationally recognized wine collection is as good as it gets--Denver or anywhere. Truly fine dining, but unpretentious, relaxed and friendly. This was our first visit, and although we rarely feel the need to leave Boulder for a good meal, we will be coming back here regularly. Every dish is interesting, tasty and artistically presented. The servers are attentive, friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. They know their food, and they know their wines. We felt more like guests than like customers.Special Features:
- impressive wine listBin18VIPDined on 8/22/2014Never seen a wine list this extensive -- 7 pages alone just for Barolo wines. Dishes are delicious and creatively prepared with amazing flavors and textures.Special Features:
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014valet parking= classy. knowledgeable & friendly waitress. well presented courses. car waiting for us outside. delicious food. attention to details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy pantsDevoteeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Barolo has been the go-to restaurant for our special occasions for years. This time, however, it seemed like the chef is trying to fix something that ain't broken. Powdered olive oil and basil gel are distractions. Italian food, in my experience and opinion, is not so complicated and, well, fancy-pants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teddyDined on 8/14/2014Our favorite place to take visitors to Denver and special occasionsSpecial Features:
- special occasiondrjlDined on 8/13/2014wife and I enjoyed immensely, elegant dishes and wonderful wait person. spectacular wine book. quiet pleasant dining ambienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My favorite expensive restaurant! Never have ordered alacarte since we have always trusted chef and his tasting menu...and I think there has been chef changes! Although prices are a lot higher on wine pairing these days with tasting menu, we still get one pairing and don't get to endulge as often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and miss....sunnydinerDined on 8/8/2014Ate at Barolo Grill on 8/8/14.. All of the employees were great...friendly, attentive and energetic. The food that we ordered was all over the place. The bread sticks on the table to start are kind of strange..not particularly good and not in step with rest of menu. The Barolo Salad with goat cheese I ordered was great...the Barrumundi that I ordered was so fishy smelling everyone at the table remarked about it. It wasn't good, and when the server took it away I was surprised she didn't comment on how little of it I had eaten. My companion had the pork and she said it was very bland.Special Features: