3030 E 6th Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barologrilldenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 393-1040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:15pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Darrel Truett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Barolo Grill has three private dining rooms available for groups of 6 to 30 people. Please contact Jamie, our event coordinator, for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie Patrick 3033931040
A word from Barolo Grill
Barolo Grill, an award winning Cherry Creek North restaurant, prides itself on serving authentic northern Italian food while maintaining a comfortable, elegant ambience. Known for hand crafted modern Piemontese cuisine, spectacular wine cellar, and knowledgeable, attentive staff, Barolo can be a perfect choice for a special occasion or just a fun night out. Chef Darrel Truett's cuisine focuses on the Northern Italian provinces of Piedmont and Tuscany. Seasonally changing menus feature locally sourced ingredients, proudly supporting regional farms and producers. Owner Blair Taylor and wine director Ryan Fletter are proud to feature small family wineries that are dedicated to Earth-friendly farming and winemaking philosophies. Barolo Grill has one of the largest collections of Barolo wines outside of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Barolo Grill - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Barolo Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (178)fit for foodies (174)notable wine list (163)neighborhood gem (130)romantic (122)good for groups (38)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014We really enjoyed our meal - we had the tasting meal with the wine pairings, and everything was delicious. The service was excellent overall and we especially liked that when we asked to slow the pace due to having five courses, they did just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian restaurant in Denver!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014We took my parents to Barolo for their anniversary.....I think it was the highlight of their year! I'm not sure how the staff knew it was their anniversary, but they presented my parents with a special dessert at the end of the meal. Everything was perfect; the service, the food, the ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ah the veallovetoeatDined on 11/22/2014I and my friend had a very nice meal there - Service was good to excelent - the Veal tenderloin was a tenderloin - but it was anything BUT tender - tough, chewy - My friends meal was GREAT The room to the east side of the interior is very very nice - quieter than the main room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLoriVIPDined on 11/21/2014Every time i have eaten here the food has been amazing. The service is fantastic. The waiters are all very knowledgable about the wine list and the food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and QuietGoodguyDined on 11/21/2014I asked for the quietest spot when I made the reservation and we were seated in a small side room; it was wonderful! Barolo moves to the top of my list - food and service are 5 star AND I could hear my dining partner!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2good2missDined on 11/20/2014My husband had a stem cell transplant and our food order was prepared to his special needs,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/14/2014It really does show that these people have been to Italy and tasted real Italian food. Consistently do a great job. The pastas are large enough to split, but that never happens. Always too good for next day lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosaritaDined on 11/14/2014tucked back in the corner by the fire place directly next to the exit door. there wasn't any music playing in the background but this place would really feel at home with some Art Blakey. Felt a bit too upscale or "hoidy toidy" for what we were looking for. the scallop dish was not to one of the guests liking, steak was undercooked as well. the service was on point though, front the hostess to the wait staff. 2 out of 5Special Features:
- Kat2850Dined on 11/11/2014Barolo is always excellent, but the Truffle Dinner was truly outstanding!Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014why search hundreds of reviews of multiple restaurants for the perfect place? Barolo's is it. perfect food, extraordinary service, romantic ambience! what else could you ask forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodHBerryDined on 11/8/2014Was looking for a new place to try on a Saturday night with fairly short notice so not a lot of places had reservations available. Barolo had great reviews and had time available. We got there about 5 minutes before our reservation time and had to wait about 10 minutes to get sat. The bar was quite crowded so it was difficult to get a drink while waiting. The wait staff has an excellent understanding of the menu and wine list. There are wines available for a reasonable price. For was very good but not out of this world. Prices seemed about right with the quality of the restaurant. I would say its good to go to once but isn't on the short list of must repeat places in Denver.Special Features:
- Amazing!DenverFoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Barolo Grill is absolutely one of the very best restaurants in Metro Denver, and has been for many years. The menu is truly wornderful and authentically Italian. The wine list is voluminous! Pages and pages of wines, the majority from Italy. We went this time for the Truffle Celebration and had the chef's tasting menu. It was fantastic! Perfectly prepared courses, all with generous amounts of shaved truffles. We will be back for Truffle Fest next year, and the year after that....Special Features:
- as always very goodsteadycustomerVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is a find place with a great menu and wine list. It is not cheap and the wine list is particularly daunting (and pricey ) but if you can handle that issue, you will be happy here. We especially like the fact that IT IS QUIET than 85% of the foodie spots in DenverSpecial Features:
- Lovely dinner great serviceC0eater76Dined on 11/7/2014We went for the truffle festival and did the set menu. Each course was delicious, especially the amuse and pork, which was tender and flavorful. The wine with each course was perfect. The best part though was the service. Great night.Special Features:
- AlisaVIPDined on 11/7/2014We would have really enjoyed our evening, however we were seated next to a large table of intoxicated women who were incredibly loud to the point of not being able to have our own conversation. Many of the couples seated around us felt the same way and there was a huge sigh of relief once the women finished their dinner and drinks and left. Unfortunately for us, we were almost finished with our meal by the time this happened. Our service was otherwise great and everybody helping us was well informed on the wine and food choices.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!ScorpioFoodieVIPDined on 11/6/2014How can you go wrong when your birthday falls during truffle week!! We enjoyed the beautifully presented and delicious 5 course menu paired nicely with 5 Italian wines. I'd highly recommend Barolo Grill anytime with their special tasting menus, when offered and their always interesting standard menu. My husband says they have the best wine list selection of Italian wines in the city! Bon Appetito!Special Features:
- Perfect as usualGoldengirlVIPDined on 11/6/2014We went for truffle festival. Good was lovely and our server was perfect. This is our go to restaurant as it's comfortable, not too noisy, great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavyGeorgeDined on 10/30/2014Enjoyed everything again. The entree(rabbit pasta) was very heavy, would have preferred a lighter sauce.Special Features:
- great !!!Kpbirhdayboy65CaribouDined on 10/28/2014Food, service, ambiance....just great!!! Been before...will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dine2Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent all around experience!.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Overpriced for OK foodCynaVIPDined on 10/25/2014Extremely slow service. We waited a very long time for every dish. Food wasn't impressive at all. For what you pay, you can get much better.
- Lovely EveningGailDined on 10/25/2014Every detail was perfect for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We have always wanted to try Barrola, it was the best Italian restraunt we have been to in Colorado. Great waitress that was very knowledgeable. Great expiernce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Too Go!Love2dineDined on 10/24/2014Went to Barolo Grill my first time for a special birthday, from the moment I walked in until I left it was an amazing experience . My every need was met as well of those of my guest. My dining experiences have been quite broad including 8 years in Pennsylvania I would rate Barolo right up with some of my favorite dining experiences thanks so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingdenverdutchDined on 10/18/2014What to say, Barolo Grill delivered once again. Excellent food, great service and a great wine recommendation from the sommelier led to a perfect dinner for the 4 of us.Special Features:
- Second chance, no third!MortDined on 10/17/2014We'd tried Barolo Grill during 5280....parts of the dinner were great...some not so much. We decided to give it another chance. Just our luck, some idiot brings their young child...who is allowed to run around and screech at the top of its little lungs...not very welcome when expecting an upscale dining experience. The downfall, again, was the entree. Mine was bland, lacking the brightness a bit of acid would have added. My husband had a pasta dish was undercooked. What was weird, is they served one of my little pastas first...I ate while my husband sat watching. My second little pasta arrived when my husbands meal did. Between the screaming kid, average food and weird service...we scratched this place off our list.
- ExcellentFrankDined on 10/17/2014Everything was first class and the staff was outstanding. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barolo Grill Delightful experienceSuzaDined on 10/16/2014We went on the recommendation of a friend. We were very pleased with both the appearance of the restaurant and the dining experience. The waiter was excellent and we found the food excellent as well. The menu offered a variety of items so that all found selections to their liking. The noise level was not bad and we were able to converse easily. All in all a good find for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbgmkcpa1Dined on 10/16/2014Anyone who is used to to high quality national (New York, San Francisco, LA) or Superb International restaurants has to experience Barolo. The wait staff is extremely educated in the culinary arts and travel to Italy once a year for courses in local cuisine, wines etc. The menu is exquisite but I prefer to go in and order the "Tasting Menu" in which the Chef sends out 7 courses with wine pairings picked just for you. I highly recommend this restaurant if you really want to celebrate a special occasion or impress a client. You can book a private function, as well.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/15/2014We were looking forward to a lovely evening at the Barolo having read a few excellent reviews. Wow were we ever disappointed. The evening began with our being seated near the kitchen door. Very noisy and distracting We began the meal with the mussels which were small, dry and tasted old. Next came the salads which were quite unpleasant; the chef(s) threw in everything they had in the fridge. Greatly overdone. The entres were very disappointing. My dining partners putanesca with tuna was mediocre at best and my homemade noodles with braised rabbit was inedible. The noodles were tasteless and the braised rabbit consisted of shredded meat which tasted like bad shredded chicken. That entre was removed from our bill. Service was good
- Barolo GrillJeMangeDined on 10/14/2014The food is absolutely amazing! We had the Menu Degustazione - the Chef’s Tasting Menu. If you choose this option, you cannot go wrong if you order the paired wines with it. Trite, but words cannot describe my dining experience. Wait staff was very attentive (but not too attentive, so I can check the "romantic" box). I think this may have been the best meal I have ever had. Eat here!!Special Features:
- Could be betterLovetoeatDined on 10/11/2014We had an 8:45 p.m. reservation, yet we weren't seated until 9:10 p.m. We waited 40 minutes for our food while others who sat before us were served. We specifically requested a booth, yet we were placed in a center of the room table - near the kitchen traffic.
- FabulosoRogersVIPDined on 10/11/2014The staff,the food,the reasonable wine list,is always.appreciated.we are always so impressed and happy to have enjoyed a great meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Food great, service great, wines great Fun room, felt at home and comfortable.Special Features:
- ExcellentMiltonDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary, had the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings and were completely delighted. Absolutely excellent.Special Features:
- yummymamatoluVIPDined on 10/3/2014we had great service and really delicious food-we had a great bottle of wine and celebrated our anniversary in style at baroloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent all aroundwhmbDined on 10/2/2014Took my mother to Barolo, and had the tasting menu with wine pairings. It was phenomenal from start to finish. Perfectly sized portions, and well educated friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent special occasion1234VIPDined on 10/1/2014This was my wife's birthday, and she loves Barolo Grill (so do I). The service is always extremely attentive, and servers are well trained in all the details that makes service special. My wife had the duck (a Barolo specialty) and it was perfect as usual. I had the lamb and it was done just as it should be. A special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Dining in DenverFineFoodFanDined on 10/1/2014Barolo Grill remains one of Denver's finest. Exceptional food, smart service and an elegant, romantic setting. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Denver!LoveDiningOutVIPDined on 10/1/2014We came here 5 1/2 years ago for our first date and have been coming regularly ever since. It just keeps getting better. We have never been disappointed in a meal and our meal this time was the best yet. One small disappointment was the after dinner truffle...new confectioner, not as decadent. But everything else was AMAZING!!!! And we eat out a lot :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.