Barn and Company
950 West Wrightwood
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Barn and Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://barnandcompany.com/
- Phone: 7738324000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Kitchen closes at 10:00pm Monday - Friday and at 9:00pm on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Gary Wiviott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We'd love to cater your event! We offer catering for any number of people, just call us for details!
- Entertainment: Join us for our TRIVIA NIGHT every Tuesday, catch your favorite team on our massive TV wall, relax with some live music, or stick around for some late night socializing. Stop by barnandcompany.com to see what's happening this week!
- Special Events: We can handle any sort of special event, from birthday parties to awards dinners and more!
- Cross Street: Wrightwood and Lincoln and Sheffield
- Public Transit: Take the Brown Line to Diversey, then take Sheffield a couple blocks south to Wrightwood. Take a left on Wrightwood and we'll be on your left.
Take the Brown or Red Line to Fullerton, then take Sheffield a couple blocks north to Wrightwood. Take a right on Wrightwood and we'll be on your left.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is free parking on Sheffield and on Wrightwood.
A word from Barn and Company
Barn & Company redefines the all American smokehouse and BBQ shack, with interior elements like reclaimed barn wood walls, rusted tin ceilings, warehouse barn lighting, sleek cement countertops, large open kitchen, wood burning pit, big boy smoker and a wrap around courtyard for al fresco dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
Barn and Company - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
Barn and Company reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Barn and CompanyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/20/2014Upon arriving the hostess stand said "wait to be seated". We waited a while and had to go up to the bar to request a table. We chose a table and waited again a while before being acknowledged. A family was dining on the other side of the restaurant with their 3 children, who running circles around the entire restaurant, and directly behind our table. I had to move chairs to divert them away from us. The employees did nothing to stop them. It was quite annoying. The food was decent at best. The menu says they cook/smoke their meat daily. Neither the brisket or half chicken seemed that fresh or flavorful. Our server was attentive and very friendly. This was our second time dining at Barn and Company and do not plan on going back.Special Features:
- Good BBQ but not dessertCHICasualDinerDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I both enjoyed our entrée. She had the brisket melt and I had pulled pork. With the success of our dinner I decided to order the pecan pie since I love pecan pie. But that was extremely disappointing, seemed like a frozen one from the grocery store, not near the quality of the other food.
- Nothing specialLPboyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Barn and Co looks cool, but that's it. This is overpriced and at best, so-so BBQ. There are so many better BBQ joints in the city. I had Texas beef ribs (1 rub) and it was tough. My wife got the special lamb baby back ribs and they were all fat. Even the beer selection was lacking.
- Tough ribsDisappointeddinerDined on 9/6/2014Very noisy - ribs were beyond tough - sides were ok - disappointed as previous reviews said food was so good. Other food that came out for other dinners looked ok but hard to say since our dinners were not good.
- Great baby back ribsMomSaysVIPDined on 8/31/2014Ribs & chicken are fabulous. Go when it's busy. The BBQ seems to be better. Sit outside only if L noise, sirens, busses don't bother you. 3 sauces to try. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar SceneLandSVIPDined on 8/16/2014Very lively with pretty good Bar-B-Que. Lots of bridal parties assembled there.Special Features:
- ribs-a-loozaAndyPDined on 8/13/2014last minute visit for the all-you-can-eat ribs. they food was good and the staff very accomodating. we plan on going regularly from now onSpecial Features:
- Decent food, cool atmosphereBariDined on 8/10/2014I had the brisket and sweet potato fries - good but nothing I would crave later.Special Features:
- Decent food, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2014We were seated on the patio. My chair was so rickety I thought it might break. The server came by, took drink orders and then disappeared for 10 minutes. Another server came by and answered some questions about the menu, but did not take our order. Finally after about 20 minutes, we dragged a waitress over to take our order. Then it started to rain. No one came out to help us get reseated inside, so we just found a table in the bar (VERY noisy). Our waitress found us and finally our food came out. One of the sides was incorrect. They did replace it after a wait. It seemed like no one was helping the wait staff stay on top of customer service. The place was not that crowded and it seemed like there were enough people working.
- Super "busy"AllyBDined on 7/13/2014My boyfriend and I walked by with our dog and decided to stop for lunch. When we asked the host for a table on the patio, he apologized but said that everything was booked for reservations and they wouldn't have a table available until much later that evening. We didn't have any luck finding another place that allowed dogs, so I logged into OpenTable to see when there was opening. Turns out they had available tables in every time slot for the rest of the day. So I made a reservation for 5 minutes from then. When we walked back, the very same host sat us right away. During the entire hour and a half there, only one other table sat outside. It took a long time for a server to come see us, but once we finally ordered, the food was pretty good.Special Features:
- great moonshine and whiskeyBBQfoodieDined on 7/12/2014It's a great whiskey bar. The food portions were good and the bacon BBQ sauce is different and good. I can't say exactly why, but the place didn't wow me as I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As TexasChristineDined on 7/11/2014My roommates and I went here on a Friday night and we're seated outside at a table with the old style metal lawn chairs. Country music was playing and the smell of smoked meat was in the air. As we were waiting for our dinner Gary, the "BBQ Life Coach" (according to his chef shirt) came by our table to drop off forks. We asked him to tell us about his barbecue technique and he did. He's a great story teller which made us have high hopes for our dinner. And we were not disappointed, I had the pulled pork, one roommate had the turkey burger with a side of chicken wings (Friday night special CPR platter) and one roommate had the brisket melt. The meat was so tender! This is an absolutely awesome restaurant and possibly the best bbq I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Barn and Company reviews archive.
- MartyDined on 6/14/2014The only thing I didn't like was that they were out of the first 3 beers I asked for... what are the chances!? Overall a great place and the food portions are HUGE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent BBQ, but small portionsmelchicagoVIPDined on 6/9/2014BBQ chicken was very good. brisket was OK but not spectacular. grilled asparagus was very good and nice size portion. baked beans and mac and cheese sides were in tiny cups and not large enough to share. would have expected more food in a $27 entrée designed to be shared.Special Features:
- BradVIPDined on 5/26/2014We went for traditional Memorial Day BBQ. The portions were large and the taste outstanding. My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves. They were understaffed for the holiday, but the servers and kitchen turned things around quickly and everyone was pleasant and cheerful; despite having their hands very full! It was my first visit and I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, Would ReturnIlliniLanceDined on 5/25/2014This was our (wife and I) first time at Barn and Company. The decor is very nice with wide open seating both inside and out. We had the Pig Pen; three meats and two sides. We selected the baby back ribs (half a slab), the chicken (half a bbq chicken), and the beef brisket (about 8-10 oz) along with the grilled corn on the cob and sweet potato french fries. The food was very good. The bbq sauce was a lil different than what we were used to, but it was still good. If you go before or after The Million Dollar Quartet, show just down the road, and show your ticket you get a 10% discount.Special Features:
- Good Food Slow ServiceRebeccaVIPDined on 5/10/2014I love bbq, but what pains me about my visit is the level of service. And this has not been the first time either with a similiar experience. The food is handsdown delicious. Good bbq and great open/outdoor space. However, the service... a) I don't like having to go to the bar to get a refill on water. b) wait staff disappears c) wait staff again a ghost during and after meal. Oh waitstaff is speedy with the check. I will say they guys that bring the food and clean up after the tables are more attentive then the wait staff. Sorry ladies that work there- better tips for better service.Special Features:
- Enjoyable BBQMkittyDined on 4/29/2014Good food. Lots of TVs to catch whatever sports you fancy. And fun trivia on Tuesdays. This place is a keeper.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2014Went for an early dinner before a the Million Dollar Quartet. Service was decent. Specialty cocktail was Delish. Got crowded for the hawks game. Would probably come back for a game.Special Features:
- Good location from Brown lineBrettVIPDined on 4/10/2014Really easy to get to from the Brown line, right by DePaul. Probably a little more collegey than I typical go to. I liked the atmosphere and in general I like bbq places. A good place to stop and have a beer probably not a bbq destination.
- Bad Service, mediocre foodPerryDined on 4/1/2014Much ado about nothing. Service was just horrible. Food came unevenly and was mediocre.Special Features:
- Worst ServiceKAM1Dined on 3/28/2014We've dined here before and had great service and enjoyed the food. Our entire party agreed that this was the worst service we'd all had at a restaurant in years. The restaurant was not all that busy, yet we waited over 25 minutes for beverages, had to seek out our server on multiple occasions to place an order and after requesting our check, noted the final bill was incorrect. It was very difficult to gain the attention of the server and she appeared impatient and distracted, and yet was seen laughing and talking to coworkers while we waited for service.
- Trifecta Evening!3peat4sureDined on 3/26/2014Barn & Company provided a winning part of a trifecta evening...dinner, theatre and FREE parking by a park around the corner all within a few minutes of walking!! Because we were short on time, Barn & Co. provided the perfect ambiance, fast service from the personable and awesome wait staff and Chef Gary Wiviott personally serving us his fabulous and famous ribs! The comfort food of the crock of Mac n cheese and delicious fries rounded out the delicious meal. Great environment for all ages to eat but super for the young and single with an enormous bar! I like that they offer daily specials online and discounts if you attend the Apollo theatre with proof of ticket purchase.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great time!johnwpDined on 3/23/2014Great food and service. Gary Wiviott is a fun host. My birthday-girl sister enjoyed herself and smiled all the way home!Special Features:
- Good food, lots of energy4girlsprodictionsDined on 3/22/2014Had a group of 8- lots of big tables and booths which was great. Food was excellent- loved the smoked wings, brisket and BBQ chicken. Our table location made for a very tight squeeze next the adjacent group so stick to a booth if you can. It was VERY noisy in there at the time- although we were seated in front of the big screens in the middle of March madness so I guess that is to be expected. Overall a fun relaxed atmosphere with great food and family friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicesuburanDined on 3/21/2014delicious food, great service, wonderful atmosphere, interesting specialty drinks. We loved itSpecial Features:
- Great BBQ placeBrianDined on 3/13/2014The mix their own sauces and rubs; owner is very knowledgeable about spices. Friendly staff. Atmosphere a mixture of college and sports bar but nice for families as well. Plenty of space and screens.Special Features:
- Blasting terrible countrysomeguyDined on 3/12/2014Blasting terrible country music thoughout the blackhawks game. Then a "night spot" place has major identity issues.
- YumEmerlyJoeDined on 3/1/2014Delicious barbecue with a noisy sport bar scene with country music in the background. A fun and interesting melange!Special Features:
- DeliciousKCbbqmanDined on 2/28/2014Had been looking for a worthy barbecue restaurant that was sensibly priced. This Lincoln Park stop fits the bill. Great crowd. Great vibe. Families could feel comfortable until 8 or so. The dynamic changes then to a student/young professional crowd. Super tender slow cooked pork made for an incredible pulled pork sandwich experience. Don't forget the sides. Beans were a flavor explosion and Mac and cheese had excellent flavors and textures. Chef was making rounds to make sure everything was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and delicious BBQ placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014I've been here a few times, and the food has always been superb. Lots of choices, great sauces, and a nice beer selection. During the week the service has been extremely fast and the restaurant is pretty quiet, but last time I went on a Friday night and it was a bit chaotic and loud. There was a group happy hour going on and it took over and hour to get our food because our waitress/kitchen was so slammed. We will still be coming back - just avoid really busy weekend hours if you are looking for something quiet and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceAmyJDined on 2/23/2014We went to dinner and had a group of seven which included a two year old. Our reservation was at six and the only table available was a booth that would fit maybe five people comfortably. They made no secret of their annoyance when we asked for another table that we could all sit at and enjoy our food. Because of this, we were pretty much ignored the rest of the evening. There were no refills on any drinks, including water, unless we went up to the bar and asked for it. My sister in law didn't receive her food with the rest of us and it sat in the pass until we went and asked about it 10 minutes later. It was obvious that we were being "punished" when we noticed the manager and chef going to EVERY other table and asking how their meal was.Special Features:
- Fun place. Awesome Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Great BBQ. Amazing wings. Fun atmosphere+decor. Mason jars make the beer taste even better :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great scene, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2014Some of, if not THE best bbq I've had in Chicago. I thought it was better than smoke daddy and better than Q. We were not expecting that. Very reasonably priced too. Energetic atmosphere as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014We've been there many times and this time it was not a good experience. They were out of the beer selection we wanted. The menu changed and our overall choices were very limited and the service was awful.
- Bbq MasterpieceLilBreezyDined on 2/11/2014I took a few friends out to eat here while in Chicago and had a great experience! The food was outstanding and a whiskey tasting was going on in-house so it was fun to listen to. I would recommend making reservations as it was busy and wait staff was constantly moving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoke House foodJandBVIPDined on 2/7/2014I have decided that I do not like smoked baby back ribs; too dry. The rub used was ok but had a distinct clove taste. Limited menu and lots of fried foods. Plenty of TVs for the various games and sports. Not my kind of place over all, but if you are into country music and smoked foods, try it.
- Group DinnerLF10Dined on 2/1/2014A group of us decided to come here for dinner. We had heard good things about the food, but saw there were numerous complaints about poor service on yelp. We decided to make reservations and go anyway even though we weren't sure what to expect. It was a great experience! The food was delicious. Both the hostess and the waitress were very nice and very attentive. The waitress was really knowledgable about the menu and was able to help us work through making decisions. The only issue we had was that it was a busy Saturday night so it was really noisy. But we would all still come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy barbecue without the waitelbanditoVIPDined on 1/18/2014Wanting some barbecue, but not willing to wait 90 minutes for a table at Twin Anchors or Smoque, etc., I came across Barn & Company. The Chicagoist had some nice things to say about them and while Yelp reviews were mixed, plenty of good ones made it worth a shot—especially since they also took reservations. And boy am I glad we did. We started with some delicious bbq and fire wings—both dry rub. For dinner I had the babyback ribs which were outstanding! Meaty, well-seasoned and not over-sauced. Others had the brisket dinner, pulled pork and brisket melt sandwiches. Everyone was very happy and satisfied. On Yelp I noticed some neg. comments about service. Clearly they did not have out waitress —she was awesome! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All but serviceSantariumDined on 1/11/2014The restaurant was good and the bar ambience was interesting. The service was lacking even between the 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock rush. Took 20 minutes to get the check after finishing food and all of our drinks. I had the classic steakhouse burger and it was amazing and only $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.