barmini by José Andrés
501 9th St. NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
Bar / Lounge / Bottle ServicePrice: $31 to $50
barmini by José Andrés
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://minibarbyjoseandres.com/
- Phone: 2023934451
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm- 1:00am, Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Fusion / Eclectic, Unspecified
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from barmini by José Andrés
Cocktails have always been a passion of chef José Andrés. It started over 15 years ago when he created the Salt Air Margarita at Café Atlántico. Today, José pays homage to the golden era of cocktails at barmini by José Andrés, a hub of chef-driven libations that serves as his cocktail lab for all of his restaurants and projects. A pioneer in avant-garde cooking, José's passion is on display at barmini as guests are taken on a whimsical journey of yesteryear via classic cocktails and ingredients. Barmini operates as a true extension of minibar, a learning center where chefs and bartenders collaborate and where heritage meets innovation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
barmini by José Andrés - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
barmini by José Andrés reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)special occasion (37)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (16)romantic (15)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Jose was our mixologist. Very nice gentleman, took care of us. One of the apprentices, Ashley, was hospitable and eager to learn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Product, Low end serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The reviews are tell tale. Very posh and high class vibe. Well developed and executed cocktails. We did not try any of the food. What was problematic was our server. I think she may have been new, but was lacking knowledge in the cocktails, spirit characteristics or even able to make a good recommendation to the customer. I rarely complain about service, but when the establishment is based on three basic things...1. Very expensive Drinks 2. Ambiance 3. Service/Experiencia, then the service better be on point, and the server better know their stuff. Also, please don't sit people in the corner next to the constant whirl of the cotton candy machine. Thank you.Special Features:
- Swankie with a personal touchLovenewspotsDined on 10/1/2014Unlike other fancy upscale places where the staff acts bougie and generally better than you, barmini has a classy environment with great decor and an amazing staff. I can't emphasize that enough!!! They made us personalized drinks based on our taste preferences and all of the drinks and food were unbelievably good. I'd definitely go back there and will probably do that tomorrow. It may be a bit pricy but it's worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Blondie2846VIPDined on 9/27/2014Great place. I compare it to PX (PX is better), although I think barmini suffers from too many drink options. Each person in our group had 1 drink they didn't like and one they did. The "snack" options are great - foieffel was amazing.Special Features:
- Buyer Beware!!EflatTuningDined on 9/27/2014I made this reservation four months ago THINKING that I was taking my party to the famous MiniBar for an important 50th birthday. The various warnings: "Don't be late, we'll give your table away after 15 minutes," et cetera pumped up my excitement. But I made a mistake that essentially ruined the night. BarMini and MiniBar are two completely different things, despite being only steps apart. What a difference the placement of three letters makes! A sad disapointment of what was to be a landmark evening.
- Awesome as alwaysfoodlover218VIPDined on 9/26/2014Bar mini is one of, if not THE, best bar in DC. They never fail to disappoint and the drinks are always superb. The staff is talented and knowledgeable. Highly recommended for a nice night of cocktails and high-end snacks. I will also note that the prices, while not the cheapest, aren't higher than most other cocktail bars and even restaurants serving mediocre mixed drinks. However, the quality is unmatched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mistake well worth itGWM2Dined on 9/19/2014I didn't realize when I made the reservations that it was only a bar with snacks. Not the restaurant. That's okay the manger helped us find reservations and walked down to other restaurant himself. Note you need to book the restaurant ahead of time via email. I'm a foodie and can't wait to enjoy The delicious bites of food in the restaurant. You can see the restaurant through a window from the bar. The staff here was amazing and very knowledgeable, I highly recommend it even though it is on high side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Barmini!StacbinDCDined on 9/6/2014Seating is very limited so I believe reservations are required. There are many, many drinks to choose from and you get to watch the bartenders craft their works right in front of you. Lots of interesting ingredients and flavors. The food menu is limited, but you go here for the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't pass it upNpcompleteDined on 9/5/2014Absolutely fantastic. I loved the drinks and the spectacleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bar in DCfoodlover219VIPDined on 8/9/2014The drinks at Barmini are the best and so is the service. You must try the avocado toast. The ambiance is really great and the décor is unique, modern and comfortable.Special Features:
- Great and creativeJeevesVIPDined on 8/8/2014awesome service! hope to visit again soon so we can learn more about cocktailsSpecial Features:
- Overall, awesomelindsaysarahVIPDined on 8/7/2014Loved our experience at barmini. The drinks were so unique, and the food even more so. The foiffle is one of the tastiest ways I've ever experienced foi gras. The service was so welcoming and helpful, with the exception of our assigned server; she always seemed rushed, would clear empty glasses multiple times without asking for new orders, etc. but everyone and everything else seemed to make up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great places for drinksomg7Dined on 8/5/2014I love coming to barmini. one of my favorite experiences in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best drinks in townOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014beautiful decor, great service and inventive menu.Special Features:
- Amazing cocktailsalex3m3ti8VIPDined on 7/26/2014Such a fantastic event, drinking custom created drinks that are interesting, tasty, and funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply sophisticatedDCSexyDined on 7/18/2014The understated sophisticated relaxed elegant vibe sets a sexy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the barmini by José Andrés reviews archive.