BARMASA - Aria
3730 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Aria Hotel & Casino
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
BARMASA - Aria
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arialasvegas.com/dining/barmasa.aspx
- Phone: (877) 230-2742
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Tuesday 5:00pm - 10:30pm Close Wednesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Wine
A word from BARMASA - Aria
Experience modern Japanese cuisine, sushi and sake at Michelin Three-Star Chef Masa Takayama’s first Las Vegas venue. Continuing the tradition that has made his New York restaurant legendary, Chef Masa allows the inherent flavors of each ingredient to emerge undisguised. Key ingredients are flown in directly from Japan. Wide selections of sakes and wine have been handpicked to perfectly complement the seasonal menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BARMASA - Aria reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)special occasion (22)good for groups (17)romantic (13)hot spot (12)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014We were 7 peoples and we the food was very vulgar and expensive.
- Solid but priceyPwacTwacDined on 11/8/2014Fantastic food, excellent service, great atmosphere, not inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FishPlatoDined on 11/7/2014The nigiri was extremely fresh. Excellent drinks and a low noise level will help keep this restaurant on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushiptackDined on 11/7/2014Went here prior to going to the Cirque du Soleil show at the Aria. Thought it might be good, but was impressively surprised. Chef Masa was in the house and everything served was incredibly good. The chicken dumplings with cilantro were fabulous and the sushi sampler which featured several of Masa's specials was great. We've done a lot of top sushi restaurants, especially in NYC, and Bar Masa compared favorably with any of them. If Chef Masa is in the kitchen, it's well worth it.Special Features:
- Hidden gem at AriaFoodie831Dined on 10/24/2014Beautiful venue, great for foodies. Service could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh sushiAme1VIPDined on 10/17/2014Awesome sushi. Fresh, delicate rice. Uni and scallop were especially good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soggy suishiCPxLLDined on 10/17/2014Rolls were wet, soggy and mushy. Sent the last one back. Inedible! The best salad with wasabi dressing was the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!ru4goodfood2Dined on 10/9/2014Our group of 5 was almost immediately seated and diligently attended all evening. The tapas menu was extensive and fabulous for our rather diverse group. The wait staff made great suggestions that were spot on!Special Features:
- Over priced - underwhelmedGMCleveDined on 10/6/2014Service and the staff are the most attentive - that is where it stops. Sushi at over $100 a person, small portions and just OK on taste. Their "signature" items, I would not order again and stick with the basics, or better yet, go somewhere else as there are so many other options on the strip.
- Loved it.CathryDined on 10/4/2014I loved this place. The staff was so friendly. Everyone from the hostess, to the bussers, to our server were extremely attentive. Our server (I think his name was Michael?) was very detailed when explaining the menu to us and came back to check on us often. We had the Lobster Tempura Roll and the Seared Salmon Roll with Avocado and Tempura Flakes. The Rock Sake was pretty tasty too. Definitely would return here the next time I'm in Vegas.Special Features:
- Great sushi, awful sakeAndilandDined on 9/28/2014The sushi was amazing! But....I asked the drink server if they offered any plum wine. EJ made a few suggestions of different sakes, that he characterized as "sweet". The sake the he recommended was absolutely awful, not even paletable. I really wished I could of enjoyed a nice beverage with the delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceMtlerinTODined on 9/21/2014A patient and helpful sake sommelier; skilled, efficient, friendly, accommodating wait staff; unbelievably fresh fish, expertly prepared; a menu that offers something for every taste; a spectacular list of sakes throughout a broad price range spectrum; what more can you ask for? This place is awesome. Was there last time I was in Vegas and will go again next time I'm in town. Can't miss with this spot.Special Features:
- Very average neo JapaneseworldtasterVIPDined on 9/21/2014Pricy for the quality. Nothing classic with a hint of modern and fusion. Sushi chef looks more Latin than Asian.
- A gem we hit up EVERY time in VegasArae120Dined on 9/20/2014The first time I came here was with 3 of my friends, we were staying at the Aria and just hit it up for convenience. It was a total FIND! Best Martinis and Tapas around. The food was delicious, service was fast and friendly! Every time we come to Vegas, we stay close to the Aria and we make sure to hit up this place for dinner at least once. They are VERY accomodating - we made reservations just this last weekend for a party of 10, but it ended up being a party of 20 and they were so great about it. Food was delicious as usual and everyone said it was a great place to host a big or small crowd for dinner.Special Features:
- very nice dinnerKayoshiDined on 8/28/2014Was here for restaurant week and the wagyu beef in the sukiyaki was so good, tender and flavorful. The sashimi snapper appetizer was very fresh. I enjoyed my dinner there very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okTrysomethingnewDined on 8/19/2014Pricey for what you get. All of the cooked items were delish. The sushi (tuna) was plain tiny and a bit fishy. Don't know that I would go again.Special Features:
- MJC808VIPDined on 8/18/2014Our server, Steve, was well versed in the menu and friendly and helpful helping to make our dining experience here great. I've had many uni pasta dishes but the one we had here was the best I've ever had. The fresh topped uni and addition of white and black summer truffle shavings elevated this dish to be an exquisite masterpiece! We ordered the fish cheeks and it turned out to be what I normally see on menus as hamachi kama (yellowtail collar). It was such a huge piece and delicious. We opted to have the "spicy" sauce preparation but it wasn't spicy at all, but was nicely flavored. The miso creme brulee didn't have a strong miso flavor but the bit of savoriness balanced out the usually too sweet dessert. A bit pricey overall but great!Special Features:
- Our Second VisitSweetDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Even better than our first visit, team BarMasa took great care to make our experience excellent. The food was absolutely delicious and I the creamy miso tofu is by far my favourite dish; the simplicity of these delicate rolls is the beauty of it. Don't let the price level intimidate you, the service is down to earth and friendly while it is absolutely possible to enjoy a meal here without breaking the bank, try the pre-theater meal to get a taste of a few of the chef's goodies or go during restaurant week (Aug 22-28th) and help out 3-square while dining at this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- Excellent StaffKarlDined on 8/9/2014Steve was our waiter and the guy was great. Excellent choices made by him across the board. Both drinks and dinner.Special Features:
- waste of money and timepickyshopperDined on 8/9/2014You shouldn't go!!! Too be priced at a premium and didn't taste as good as I thought.
- Asian tapas diningdine4funDined on 8/8/2014Food was spectacular. It was more like Asian tapas so we ordered several dishes and shared them all. Our waiter, Michael was delightful. He made wonderful recommendations and was quite attentive. We had beef sukiyaki rice with poached egg which was delicious as well as several rolls. We would definitely dine here again the next time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Rated, Over PricedLeavingVegasVIPDined on 8/5/2014The first table we were seated at had small ants (several) on the table. We asked and were re-seated, but there shouldn't have been ants in the first place. The food was good, but not unusual, especially for the price. Dinner for 3 with cocktails but no wine was over $400. Wouldn't recommend or go back.Special Features:
- Attentive staff and delicious foodLuvgr8tfoodDined on 8/1/2014The staff was attentive without being intrusive and the sushi was melt-in-your-mouth delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the BARMASA - Aria reviews archive.
- Great Sushi!Fun2EatOutDined on 7/31/2014Been to BarMasa multiple times and it's always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Pre-Theatre MenuSweetDinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014Go for the pre-theatre menu, but don't limit yourself to it. My bf and I decided to try the $59 prix-fix, ordering just one, then sharing a few different a la carte items. The creamy miso marinated tofu roll was freakin' amazing, the uni risotto was delicious and the uni flavour was very present, we had the kanpachi spicy roll which we both loved, the duck and foie gras tacos and fried calamari were probably the only two items that didn't get raves, but they were good not-the-less. The bento dinner included a serving of shrimp tempura, some veggie tempura, a small sea salad, 4 rolls (2 tuna, 2 salmon), sashimi and something with asparagus. All pretty good and definitely worth the 59$ price tag in such a high-end spot. Overall, Very good!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerChrisDined on 7/14/2014The menu was different than I expected - small plates, big prices. Most of the selection was very good, especially the duck in the moo shoo wrappers! Too many servers - wine, water, food, etc. I announced that we were celebrating a birthday and was disappointed that barMasa didn't present a token gesture for dessert to recognize my dinner companion's special occasion. Décor a bit more "minimal" and a bit cold, but a truly unique experience, which I'm glad we had.Special Features:
- Not Nobu Or YellowtailMelonieODined on 7/14/2014We went there hoping have top notch food and found that everything was less than stellar. The service was great, but great service can not make up for mediocre food. The rolls were sloppy not tightly rolled so they fell apart, and the flavors were simply nothing special. The miso cod was a pitiful knock off of a nobu dish. If you want great sushi and great main dishes I suggest Nobu or Yellowtail, which this restaurant seems to be trying to copy but the kitchen doesn't have the chops or the vision to pull it off. Both are superior by far and worth the price. This isn't cheap and not worth 1/2 the price.
- Good, not greatLeahADined on 7/11/2014Maybe it was because I had high expectations but i wasn't overly impressed. I would go back, because the food was good, but the ambiance had a little left to be desired and in general the whole experience was good. Just not great.Special Features:
- Masa?texas39Dined on 7/10/2014For a guy who founded the best sushi restaurant in Los Angeles by attention to detail this is a pathetic drift below mediocracy. Has Masa actually ever eaten the food here? It's an embarassment for someone of his caliber.
- OmnomnomDined on 6/29/2014Toro carpaccio with caviar is the best thing on the menu. A bit pricey though. Bill for four people was over $600.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's goodBobbyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Not the biggest compliment but I was expecting more. I was hoping Masa would be on par with Nobu, but......nope. Very typical sushi but worth the visit. I'm guessing NY does it better??Special Features:
- Fresh fishWatchkingDined on 6/5/2014I saw a recommendation on Vegas Chatter and decided to try it out with my wife. We travel to Vegas a few times a year and always try new places since there is so many choices when your at Vegas. We arrived at about 6:15PM and had reservations on a Thursday. It was not busy at all which I was kind of worried about it. But the waiter recommended several things and we picked some of his selections and added our own. The fish was so fresh some of it melted in your mouth. The only thing we ordered which we sent back was a noodle dish because it was too spicy. I would recommend this place and go there again. Just remember it is a high end place.$$$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ultimate sushi/Japanese cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014Impeccable service, first class experience. Wonderful, fresh sushi/sashimi, incredible sake and drink selection. The wasabitini and akebono are divine libations. Don't miss out on the Kanpachi jalapeño sotomaki with spicy potato julienne roll. Yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014We were excited to dine at barmasa we Kept heading great things. The place was dead ! We're in Vegas we wanted a lively place. NeXT we dar down and they brought us water. 15 minutes passed by and we had no idea who our waistress/ waiter was. So we asked the guy that brought us the water, he ignored us and walked away. It was not a pleasant experience at all !!
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2014Quality of food comes nowhere close to the price. if you want to pay top price for sushi go to nobu you will be much happier.
- A wonderful dinnerJudyDined on 5/27/2014Bar Masa exceeded expectations - in addition to the food, our waiter and the excellent sommelier made the entire dining experience one of the most enjoyable that we have had. We are a group of three women, two nieces and an aunt. We got the pre-theater set dinner, which had several vegetable courses and some tempura, sushi and sashimi, and also ordered the grilled octopus and the hibachi wagyu beef a la carte. The sommelier picked out a custom, Japanese beer flight for us. The 3 beers were very different styles and just wonderful. Then with dessert (we shared the grapefruit granita and a chocolate ice cream with sesame seeds and crumbled cocoa beans) we got a very nice sake which we had hot (instead of coffee or tea!). It was just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy crap!SeanBDined on 5/23/2014BARMASA is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. Period. The service was perfect and the food was amazing. Some of the best sashimi I have ever had, but go with Chef Masa's creations. The Miso Cod was unlike anything I have ever eaten. The ceviche was incredible. I would recommend this restaurant in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toro tar tarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014We are in love with the toro tar tar, and we eat here every time we come to Vegas! Haven't had anything here that we disliked! :) our service was a little slower than usual last time, but even so, the service is always friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Great food, pricey but you're paying for excellence. This was my second time there and both times I get blown away but the food and service.Special Features:
- Disappointing?..sgrant2493Dined on 5/2/2014We went with 'great expectations'. The appetizer, beef braised ribs were succulent and tender, probably the best part of the meal. The rolls were average, and whoppingly overpriced, nearly double of prices in NY City. For a restaurant that supposedly uses fish pulled less than 24hrs from the sea, the $8 dollar unagi nigri piece was ridiculously tiny, dry and overdone. The eel/avacado roll was decent (though not worth $28), the yellowtail roll was inedible, the spicy tuna roll was a far cry from what it needed to be. The service was good, though not outstanding. The two of us didnt really mind spending nearly $175, however the quality of the food was a far cry from any decent sushi place we have been to. Eminently missable