BARMASA - Aria
3730 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Aria Hotel & Casino
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
BARMASA - Aria
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arialasvegas.com/dining/barmasa.aspx
- Phone: (877) 230-2742
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Tuesday 5:00pm - 10:30pm Close Wednesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Wine
A word from BARMASA - Aria
Experience modern Japanese cuisine, sushi and sake at Michelin Three-Star Chef Masa Takayama’s first Las Vegas venue. Continuing the tradition that has made his New York restaurant legendary, Chef Masa allows the inherent flavors of each ingredient to emerge undisguised. Key ingredients are flown in directly from Japan. Wide selections of sakes and wine have been handpicked to perfectly complement the seasonal menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BARMASA - Aria reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)special occasion (22)good for groups (17)romantic (13)hot spot (12)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Bad expirienceTopo14Dined on 5/1/2014The food was ok in general but they took ages to bring it and the beef arrived cold , they took it and brought like half an hour later . The ambience was impersonal and cold, the hostess was nice. We were expecting a lot more due to the name of the chef.
- Foodie1VIPDined on 4/27/2014Wonderful flavors. Food was excellent. Would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sake CrazyHoosierDined on 4/25/2014I was part of a group of 4. The sushi was excellent as always. Three of us ordered the Duck Fried Rice. The best!Special Features:
- Bar Masa @ AriaBlueRibboninVegasDined on 4/19/2014I was a little surprised with the ambiance at this restaurant. I was expecting something Japanese traditional...but this one was really modern, even eclectic. The food was what you can expect from Masa restaurants...everything was good. And the staff was knowledgable and very helpful. I would definitely put this on my list of restos to go back to next time I'm in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Good food but lacks ambienceBillDKVIPDined on 4/18/2014Good quality sushi although small portion of fish. The place is huge, high ceiling and no ambience. Not recommend for intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously expensivesurf2goDined on 4/17/2014I thought the music was way too loud. The sushi and tempora veggies were great, but $27 for spicy octopus when you got about 3 mouthfuls!! Really?? The place is just too pretentious. More food and slightly less prices and it could have some merit.
- Great Tuna, poor attitudejbcarronDined on 4/12/2014Wonderful sushi but the servers attitude was less than stellar. If she doesn't want to be a server, she should be one. Her attitude was poor. I rarely tip less than 20% but when service is poor and the server acts bothered or disinterested to work, maybe she should look for a different career. While I would highly recommend the food, I would give warning to anyone that I refer that you may have unfortunate service. We choose BarMasa based on a reference and to celebrate a birthday as a couple....we walked away wondering why the service was so poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BARMASA Great Vegas DinnerFoodieDined on 3/15/2014Group of 8 of us dined at BARMASA for a birthday dinner. The service was timely, knowledgeable, personable and the food was great. Price point was reasonable. I would recommend this restaurant to any foodie looking for a unique experience in Vegas.Special Features:
- Food was good, but...BozeDined on 3/4/2014Joined a friend for dinner. The food was good and service was great but portions are extremely small for the price they charge. There was barely anyone in the restaurant in a week where there was 150,000 people in Vegas for a conference. We waited in line to get in at every restaurant in town this week except this one. Probably 20 people in this restaurant while we were there. That says it all.Special Features:
- Was hoping the reviews were wrongJm09Dined on 1/16/2014I consider myself somewhat of a foodie so I was hoping the bad reviews I read were from people just not wanting to spend a lot of money for small portions of food, but sadly I was wrong. The food wasn't bad, it just wasn't amazing. The worst part of all was the service. When I am spending hundreds of dollars on a meal I expect more than "what would you like to drink" and "are you ready to order?" That was it. No suggestions, no description, nothing. Definitely not the service one expects at that caliber of restaurant. The desert was also very disappointing and I'm not sure I've ever been disappointed by dessert! Maybe the waiter we had was an anomaly, but if not I would not recommend eating here.Special Features:
- Solo at Bar MasaRickDined on 1/14/2014My second visit. Both times were excellent. The seafood is the freshest and prepared so it is the star of the show. Ate at the bar this time as I was in early. The bartenders made great recommendations for food and Saki selections. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but poor environmentRKimDined on 1/6/2014The food is excellent, also the service, but the restaurant is in an atrium, thus the environment isn't very cosy. I somehow dislike being in an open space, feels cold, uninviting, Food is fusion, if you are more looking for traditional Japanese, you'd be disappointed. Otherwise, the food is excellent, however, skip the beef carpaccio, as it is over sauced and kills the real flavor.Special Features:
- Too Salty Noodle, to Expensive,DKNYDined on 1/6/2014Big surprise for too much Much expensive verse service & quality of food is bad, unclear & insane food list & price.... So mad after business meeting with salty food, poor services, too much expensive everything.... due to Japanese food??? how about wines? also Very expensive with limited selections for CA, its not from Japan, why so expensive?? comparing other good restaurant?? Too bad!
- Expensive & small portions but goodRawDogDined on 1/4/2014We ate here on New Years Eve weekend, and had a nice meal. All of the food was very good, but quite pricey. The sushi was good, but small, with high quality fish and nice presentations. The grilled octopus was in a delicious sauce, but if it had 1oz of octopus total, it was a lot. The oysters were small, but presented nicely and quite fresh. The sake Semolier was excellent and made an outstanding recommendation to complement our food. All in all, a nice place with great food, but don't come hungry and don't expect a bargain.Special Features:
- OverratedMARVELOUSVIPDined on 12/29/2013This is such a waste of money . I am from New York and I have dined at some of the best sushi restaurants in my town. This place here over charges for tiny portions of food . The food here is average. Service was very slow also.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/6/2013For a highly rated sushi restaurant I found the food no better than the average strip center sushi joint. The space was very industrial looking and not upscale at all. With all the great restaurants in Vegas I would say you could do better
- Like eating in an airplane hangarRichardVIPDined on 11/9/2013While the food quality is excellent, we had slow, spotty service in this cold, industrial space that doesn't lend itself to a fine-dining experience. Although the waiter and manager apologized several times for extremely slow service, after all that the waiter forgot a cup of chamomile tea we ordered after the meal. There are many better Japanese dining experiences in Vegas.
- Good but way over priced!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2013The service was good and the food was very good but I found myself hungry less than 2 hours later after spending $550. That was for four of us. That ain't right! A belly should be full and satisfied after that kind of cash. My belly just wanted a slice of pizza.Special Features:
- Great stuffVegasLocalDined on 11/3/2013Sushi was top notch. Seriously, some of the best sushi in town. I don't do rolls, just nigiri, and Bar Masa is really good at that. Also had some of the sukiyaki and they say the foundation of and good Japsnese restaurant is their broth - well their broth was spectacular. Also, some great Japanese beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I did not give a food reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/26/2013I did not give a food review as we did not get our chefs selection menu. It took 1 hour to get 2 small dishes. They had no explanation. The server was mortified. The manager was no help what so ever. Our reservation was at 7:30. Left at 8:30 starving. It sucked.
- Terrific SushiCBLEEDined on 10/26/2013We really enjoyed this Restaurant. The sushi was so good with many options. If you're not a big sushi lover they offer Hibachi and Udon Noodle soups also. The restaurant is located in the Aria Hotel and we did not smell any smoke from the casino, very pleasant. I recommend the blue fin tuna, so buttery and melts in your mouth. The next time I'm in Vegas I will make reservations to eat here again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real JapaneseTodemDined on 10/21/2013If your looking for authentic, clean sushi and fish look no farther. Portions are small....but amazingly you will leave satisfied. Incredible Cevechi, the freshest fish and a truly incredible menu for serious sushi and japanese style seafood lovers. A true foodies delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply awesome, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2013Simply awesome, excellent staff, spectacular food.Special Features:
- Food was amazing. HamachiDinerguyVIPDined on 10/18/2013Food was amazing. Hamachi sashimi was the best I've eaten anywhere. Calamari, sea bass, and tatami cilantro cucumber dish were unbelievable. Excellent and innovative food with seasoning that brings out the natural flavors. One issue is that they stopped serving coffee after 11:30. Expensive but well worth the price.Special Features:
- Amazing SushiVegasanniversaryDined on 10/5/2013Best sushi in Vegas, likely anywhere outside of Japan! Every piece of sushi/roll was fresh and amazingly flavored. Highly reccomend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerspectiveErnieDined on 9/24/2013Very proud of fish (highly priced). Caters to corporate cards, not to a common consumer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was extremely underwhelming,deannaVIPDined on 9/23/2013food was extremely underwhelming, particularly given the price.
- Very niceJLI3Dined on 8/30/2013We tried this during restaurant week and the service and food was excellent. If you like traditional, high quality sushi or sashimi, this is the perfect place. This is not a fusion restaurant (which is a good thing to me!) The only thing was that the servings are small and the food is expensive, so if you are on a budget and it is not restaurant week,be prepared for a big bill. Perfect for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2013Food was decent and the decor was okay. Two biggest issues: 1) everything except the bill was late. Even after multiple request, sommelier came to our desk much after our meal started (he was quite nice and made a great recommendation once he arrived). each course of the meal was late. 2) sushi was quite good, but not worth the price.
- It was average, not worth the moneyFoodieDined on 8/24/2013BarMasa at Aria was just average, not worth my money. The portions were very small and I had to hit the Aria Cafe for dinner #2 after dinner #1 at BarMasa. The service was great, good waiters and very attentive. No one was in the restaurant when we had reservations at 7pm on a Saturday night. I should have known and ran from the instant I walked in. I had the Restaurant Week tasting and it wasn't worth the $50.13 at all. My friend had the lobster rosotto (very small portions) and something else I forgot, but she left hungry as well. Food was tasty, but so freakin' small!! I will never eat here again because I love to eat and you'll have to grab dinner #2 if you dine here. Not worth it at all, very, very, extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- Service is great, food was close toBobDobbsVIPDined on 8/18/2013We have planned trips to Las Vegas just for Mastros, for streamed mussels, in particular. With our last trip, about 1/4 of the mussels were unopened. Those that opened were great, but I can't help but think that someone taking a look at the food before it goes out should have noticed this. Everything else was the usual. Great.
- Modern Japanese8dragonsVIPDined on 8/9/2013This was our first visit to BarMasa - we usually go to Shibuya (MGM) or Izumi (Wynn). Overall it was a nice evening but probably it was better that we weren't especially hungry. The decor is very open and modern. Truthfully, it feels much more like a big bar than a restaurant. Even the small round tables (which predominate the restaurant) give you the sense of being in a hotel bar rather than an excellent restaurant. If you have a bigger group or just want a bigger table the do have some larger square/rectangular tables on the periphery that would suit. Food was excellent but very pricey. For a good Japanese meal I'd still choose Shibuya/Izumi but for drinks and a light meal BarMasa would be a good ... perhaps better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pick another spotnotagainDined on 8/8/2013Over priced. Sashimi very thin and not of expected quality. Constant annoying music. Wont be going back. Doubt they will be in business long.
- Not so good...mkbfoodDined on 8/6/2013The food was typical and NOT worth the high prices.
- Top Quality Japanese Gourmet VegasProfessorVIPDined on 7/27/2013Although Aria is among the top luxury casino hotels in Vegas, and this restaurant has already established its reputation for fine Japanese food, we were surprised at the absolute freshness of everything we ordered. The quality of our sushi was excellent and the braised short ribs were superb: moist and tender, a huge portion served for $28 was a bargain. Wide assortment of sake in varying price ranges. We will certainly eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish I could give the service 5+!handbagladyDined on 7/27/2013Because we are adventurous eaters, we asked our waitress to provide us with a random tasting menu so that every course could be a surprise. It was fantastic. Every course was more delicious than the last. My friend got the liquor pairings and got to experience wines, sakes and even Japanese beer! The sommelier was phenomenal. So knowledgeable and well spoken, we felt like the only diners in the restaurant. And our waitress Bonnie was adorable - so friendly, so attentive, and just plain fun. It was a fantastic girls night out. Definitely one of the best meals we've ever had, anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshest Sushi I've ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2013Simple presentation with amazing taste. The best sushi I've ever had. I can't even describe how good it is. The rolls are rather simple and don't come topped with all the jazz that you get at other restaurants but will wow you with their flavor and freshness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013Great ambiance, service was good. Started a little stuffy but once I got the waiter loosened up it was good. Food was stellar.Special Features:
- Perfect for pre-show!LoveTwistDined on 7/16/2013Fantastic food and service which was perfect as we were there as a pre-show meal! Ambience strangely too bright with white lighting and uncomfortable curved bench - Grey washed wood looked sad and not urban as possibly intended. Felt like a deli which I am sure was not the intent- Please re-do interiors and we will be back as the food was some of the best I have ever had and we travel all of Asia often - miso cod and duck tacos were dreamy ;) wait staff was fantastic! SPMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Japanese CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2013Great Japanese food and sushi. Excellent Sake wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.