22 South Cooper St.
Memphis, TN 38104Neighborhood:
Midtown / Cooper
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barimemphis.com/
- Phone: 9017222244
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Severs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call us for catering information.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us for private party information
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Severs 9017222244
A word from Bari
Bari Ristorante Enoteca is the city's only Southeastern Italian restaurant and wine bar. Creating the regional cuisine of his family, Chef Jason Severs' renditions of antipasto, salads, meats and seafood, over 20 Italian cheeses, plus homemade pasta, bread, and desserts, give diners a true taste of this Italian Region. Whether you order a multi-course meal like they do in Italy, or only one or two dishes, you will love the simplicity and freshness of Bari's food and excellent Italian wines. The Enoteca is open an hour before and after the dining room, offering and extensive all-Italian wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bari reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)romantic (34)special occasion (30)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (6)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014Not a chain! Locally owned! Serves authentic Northern Italian cuisine! Real tablecloths and linen napkins! Menu and wine list not so extensive that it takes an hour to read!Special Features:
- Something LostthetruthDined on 10/1/2014This is my 5th time going to Bari, and my first experience has never been matched. It was not that busy, yet our server seemed in the weeds. I did not eat my entree (too much lemon and butter) and the server did not even ask to replace or substitute the dish. I guess my expectations might be too high for a 25 dollar al a cart piece of fish.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/29/2014As visitors to Memphis we found this a delightful place to dine. The cheese menu was wonderful.Special Features:
- ExcellentStevenDined on 9/27/2014Our dinner at Bari was very good! 4 stars. Would have given it 5 stars if the ambiance had been as good as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicememphislawgirlDined on 9/24/2014This is one of my favorite Memphis restaurants. Authentic Italian. The service is fantastic and the servers are very knowledgeable about the menu and can help you choose cheeses from their wide variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealSuziinTNVIPDined on 9/13/2014As always, we had an outstanding meal here. They have added 3 new items to the menu, and all the old favorites still remain. Great cheeses, drinks, food ... and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Italian eleganceSusie2Dined on 9/6/2014Bari has, hands down, the best selection of exotic cheeses anywhere in the city. The sheep's milk varieties are spectacular. The wine list is extensive and varied and the specials are always creative and a good balance of traditional and modern cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014My new favorite in memphis. They always have a great menu and the specials are always truly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cierra MartinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014I loved the atmosphere of Bari and was very impressed with the level of service. However, I thought the food was average and served in extremely small portions. I will pay highly for delicious food, but I wasn't in love with any of the dishes I tried, and I had an appetizer, salad and pasta dish.Special Features:
- siempre es un placer!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Para los amantes de la pasta casera, les sugiero orecchiettes a la pugliese...es mi plato favorito!... Es una cocina simple y noble. Agradezco tener a Bari en Memphis!.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okSteveDined on 8/15/2014We have been coming to baris for five years. It has been very good in the past. We only come once a year for our anniversary. In fact we live in Huntstille Alabama, visit Memphis and Tunica. Got the lamb, it was just ok. Wife hot the scallop....all three of them. She had a house glass of wine, I had a martini. The tab was 115.00....with appetizers. We love the location and the small dining area...Special Features:
- Bari is great!DavidDined on 8/2/2014We took my in-laws to Bari Saturday night. Once again, Rebecca was an amazing waitress. We had the three cheese goat plate from the bar with bread and it's still amazing. The salads were great and the rigatoni is still out of this world. We all had the special, pan seared tuna, which was wonderful. They even had a chardonnay that I liked and I don't like chardonnay. For dessert, the blueberry vinaigrette pie the lightest we've ever had. Thanks Bari!Special Features:
- our time outGermantownDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I have been to Bari multiple times and although we enjoy trying new places and food, when it comes to a special evening when we get to take time out from the kids this where we want to go. Amazing food a great time to just be together and impeccable service! They have gotten it right every time and we will be back. Thank you Bari staff for not letting me down!!Special Features:
- Exactly what we requestedMelaliseDined on 7/9/2014I used OpenTable and in our reservations description, requested a quiet location, a loud but sweet and patient server because my grandmother can be edgy and is hard of hearing and they did exactly what we requested! The food was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Squint! & imagine yourself in ItalyKarenSDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is such a treat! Intimate and unpolished yet beautiful. The food is divine-Authentic Italian Mediterranean coastal cuisine. This is NOT Olive Garden... If you don't appreciate the subtle fineries in life don't bother.... But if you do, you just found a gem. Tip: let the wait staff lead, they are very knowledgeable , take their recommendations for wine, and a pre dinner cheese tray- I doubt seriously you will be sorry .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2014Bari is an outstanding Italian restaurant with light and authentic cuisine. My favorite dish is the Bistecca, but they also have lovely fish and pasta dishes. The cheese list is unusual and extensive and all of the ingredients are very fresh. The wine list features a large variety of Italian wines and the wait staff are very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the entire menu. i would highly recommend Bari to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MJohnsonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014I enjoyed the restaurant. The appetizers and salads were much better then the main course. Next time I go, I'll strictly just get the apps. The mussels were unique and great - love the thinly sliced garlic and the combo of citrus. The Lattuga Salad had a wonderful balance of flavors. Overall great salad. The Orecchiette Pasta - great flavors as well. Anchovie is sutlbe and not over powering. The pasta is homemade and a little thicker then I'm use to for orecchiette, so some of the pieces weren't fully cooked. Sauce was delicious The wine was inexpensive, but very tasty - both the Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot GrigioSpecial Features:
- The following 646 reviews are from the Bari reviews archive.
- Delicious!ILoveFoodDined on 6/20/2014Server was helpful but not pushy. Mussels, salami, cheeses were great. Good wine at reasonable price. Specials were cooked perfectly. Worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- June 2014imatooplainDined on 6/12/2014Small portions and big prices. Food was very good except the Wife didn't care for an exotic vegetable. We tried it and liked it but will probably seek a better value elsewhere. Maybe our tastes are not sophisticated enough. One's tastes may need to be, uh, "adventuresome."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sotrapper29Dined on 6/10/2014Overall I was disapointed with Bari. I thought the service could have been better (empty water glass most of the meal). We went on a Tuesday and the place was empty. The cheese courses were good though small. The entrees were small and expensive. My wife had the scallops and she was served 2 scallops on a small bed of shaved leeks, no sides for $20. I had the ribeye that was the nightly special, small ribeye with no sides for $35. Ordered the sauteed mushrooms as a side Seems a bit spendy. We dined at the Capital Grill the week prior, comparing the 2, we should have gone back to the Capital Grill. If you are a fan of Italian wines and cheeses its an excellent choice. I would go back but just for the wine and cheese.Special Features:
- Amazing foodLittleC321Dined on 6/4/2014My husband and I are from a town right outside of Bari, Italy. We were hoping the food from Bari Ristorante would be authentic, and we were not disappointed. This is not your typical Italian-American Cuisine; the dishes are light, void of the heavy sauces that tend to overwhelm and obscure individual ingredients. The quality really comes through. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable. The owner came to talk to us, and we had a great conversation. Highly recommeded.Special Features:
- Great mealSuziinTNVIPDined on 5/30/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The small plates, outstanding food, and excellent service make it a very enjoyable experience. The scallops are GREAT, and make sure you let them select some cheese samples for you. This is a great place for couples, groups, or even eating alone.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysJimmer0Dined on 5/24/2014Bari is one of our favorite places to go, whether we sit in the bar on a weeknight or in the dining room on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bari-stic!Kat420Dined on 5/24/2014I have passed Bari many times and never had a second thought about it. I was missing out! After first looking over the menu I began to think I was in over my head. Very intimidating if you are not accustomed to authenic Italian food. Thankfully our server was use to our reaction lol! He was very patient and knowledgable of the menu and wine list(which is outstanding!). Cozy(only seats about 40ppl), romantic unpretentious atmosphere. We couldn't believe we hadn't tried Bari out by now. You should not sleep on this place folks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shelmadineDined on 5/23/2014I spent over a hour, writing a review that continually missed the mark...too many characters. You all were amazing.Special Features:
- True Italian FlavorsCSP1Dined on 5/21/2014This authentic Italian food with extremely high quality ingredients. Unfortunately the night I was there there were three tables with babies two of whom were very well behaved. It's a very small restaurant and I'll say no more. Out waiter made some recommendations all of which were excellent. the carbonara is the best in the city. I had the cauliflower and it was not worth $7. It was the only thing that fell short. The meats and cheese that you can select from are amazing yet the portions are quite small. It is pricey but really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Bari has exception seafood and great service. Looking for an intimate place with great service and great food where you can talk and relax and enjoy your friends or family? Go to Bari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014delicious dinner and great service! I enjoyed the wine the waiter recommended now that ichi bana is off the list. The salad was fresh and soup delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cheesetomlinkDined on 5/16/2014The grilled calamari appetizer was s little cold but the cheese and antipasto was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always excellent!MikeA2006Dined on 5/10/2014We have eaten here twice so far, and the food has always been amazing!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/9/2014If you are a cheese lover this place is perfect! Excellent wines and reasonable prices. Bartender and server knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Love good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014We have been going to Bari since it opened. It is relaxed with a very good wine list and terrific simple, Italian food - our favorite way to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Midtown DiningKneepsDined on 5/8/2014I chose Bari for our wedding anniversary/Mothers Day celebration and we weren't disappointed. We have been there before and we were treated to another great dining experience. Bari has a very well done menu and execution is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8th AnniversaryDavidDined on 5/7/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and loved it! The three cheese plate was amazing before dinner and the Rigatoni was truly out of this world. We ordered it because another reviewer went nuts over it and he was right. Our waitress nailed it on each of our wine recommendations after finding out what we liked. If you want, just go for wine and cheese sometime, as there are plenty of amazing options for both. Even the potatoes were memorable. We will definitely go back. Thanks for a great anniversary Bari!Special Features:
- MaggieLDined on 5/3/2014Bari is a small intimate restaurant with wonderful food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Fantastic, as alwaysDougDined on 5/2/2014Bari never fails to deliver. Intimate atmosphere, excellent service, and inspired cuisine. The rigatoni is ridiculous (and by that I mean ridiculously good). I grew up in New York (where I ate my fair share of Italian food). I have also made it a point to check out Italian food in some of the more famous areas of the U.S. and in two parts of Italy. Among all of this, Bari's rigatoni is the BEST I have eaten anywhere. We live about 90 minutes from Memphis and Bari is a place we eat at on almost every trip. This trip was to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary, so we considered doing something above-and-beyond. But after considering numerous 5-star restaurants, we decided we'd rather be at Bari and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Bari DiningStarryDined on 4/30/2014The food is outstanding. Try the balsamic-marinated funghi! The banana dessert is off the charts. Great service and the best hearth bread in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Excellent food and service. Had a wonderful vegan meal.Special Features:
- Always SpecialBritJunkieDined on 4/24/2014Bari costs too much for my husband and I to do often, but when we have the opportunity, it's always one of our favorites. The selections are always beautiful, tasty, simply done, and just regal. I love the spot, the staff, the bar, the ambiance, the food -- everything!! Bari is a one-of-a-kind experience that everyone should find a way to treat themselves to every now and then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be a regular dinerAmyMcDined on 4/23/2014My husband and I dined there for the first time the other night, and were extremely impressed by the whole experience - food, service and atmosphere. I like that the bar is separated from the main dining area. That also provides options for some who may just want to gather for some excellent cheeses and wine. We're definitely adding this restaurant to our regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.