22 South Cooper St.
Memphis, TN 38104Neighborhood:
Midtown / Cooper
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barimemphis.com/
- Phone: 9017222244
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Severs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call us for catering information.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us for private party information
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Severs 9017222244
A word from Bari
Bari Ristorante Enoteca is the city's only Southeastern Italian restaurant and wine bar. Creating the regional cuisine of his family, Chef Jason Severs' renditions of antipasto, salads, meats and seafood, over 20 Italian cheeses, plus homemade pasta, bread, and desserts, give diners a true taste of this Italian Region. Whether you order a multi-course meal like they do in Italy, or only one or two dishes, you will love the simplicity and freshness of Bari's food and excellent Italian wines. The Enoteca is open an hour before and after the dining room, offering and extensive all-Italian wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Bari reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (45)romantic (39)notable wine list (36)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (6)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- siempre es un placer!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Para los amantes de la pasta casera, les sugiero orecchiettes a la pugliese...es mi plato favorito!... Es una cocina simple y noble. Agradezco tener a Bari en Memphis!.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okSteveDined on 8/15/2014We have been coming to baris for five years. It has been very good in the past. We only come once a year for our anniversary. In fact we live in Huntstille Alabama, visit Memphis and Tunica. Got the lamb, it was just ok. Wife hot the scallop....all three of them. She had a house glass of wine, I had a martini. The tab was 115.00....with appetizers. We love the location and the small dining area...Special Features:
- Bari is great!DavidDined on 8/2/2014We took my in-laws to Bari Saturday night. Once again, Rebecca was an amazing waitress. We had the three cheese goat plate from the bar with bread and it's still amazing. The salads were great and the rigatoni is still out of this world. We all had the special, pan seared tuna, which was wonderful. They even had a chardonnay that I liked and I don't like chardonnay. For dessert, the blueberry vinaigrette pie the lightest we've ever had. Thanks Bari!Special Features:
- our time outGermantownDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I have been to Bari multiple times and although we enjoy trying new places and food, when it comes to a special evening when we get to take time out from the kids this where we want to go. Amazing food a great time to just be together and impeccable service! They have gotten it right every time and we will be back. Thank you Bari staff for not letting me down!!Special Features:
- Exactly what we requestedMelaliseDined on 7/9/2014I used OpenTable and in our reservations description, requested a quiet location, a loud but sweet and patient server because my grandmother can be edgy and is hard of hearing and they did exactly what we requested! The food was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Squint! & imagine yourself in ItalyKarenSDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is such a treat! Intimate and unpolished yet beautiful. The food is divine-Authentic Italian Mediterranean coastal cuisine. This is NOT Olive Garden... If you don't appreciate the subtle fineries in life don't bother.... But if you do, you just found a gem. Tip: let the wait staff lead, they are very knowledgeable , take their recommendations for wine, and a pre dinner cheese tray- I doubt seriously you will be sorry .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2014Bari is an outstanding Italian restaurant with light and authentic cuisine. My favorite dish is the Bistecca, but they also have lovely fish and pasta dishes. The cheese list is unusual and extensive and all of the ingredients are very fresh. The wine list features a large variety of Italian wines and the wait staff are very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the entire menu. i would highly recommend Bari to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MJohnsonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014I enjoyed the restaurant. The appetizers and salads were much better then the main course. Next time I go, I'll strictly just get the apps. The mussels were unique and great - love the thinly sliced garlic and the combo of citrus. The Lattuga Salad had a wonderful balance of flavors. Overall great salad. The Orecchiette Pasta - great flavors as well. Anchovie is sutlbe and not over powering. The pasta is homemade and a little thicker then I'm use to for orecchiette, so some of the pieces weren't fully cooked. Sauce was delicious The wine was inexpensive, but very tasty - both the Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot GrigioSpecial Features:
- Delicious!ILoveFoodDined on 6/20/2014Server was helpful but not pushy. Mussels, salami, cheeses were great. Good wine at reasonable price. Specials were cooked perfectly. Worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- June 2014imatooplainDined on 6/12/2014Small portions and big prices. Food was very good except the Wife didn't care for an exotic vegetable. We tried it and liked it but will probably seek a better value elsewhere. Maybe our tastes are not sophisticated enough. One's tastes may need to be, uh, "adventuresome."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sotrapper29Dined on 6/10/2014Overall I was disapointed with Bari. I thought the service could have been better (empty water glass most of the meal). We went on a Tuesday and the place was empty. The cheese courses were good though small. The entrees were small and expensive. My wife had the scallops and she was served 2 scallops on a small bed of shaved leeks, no sides for $20. I had the ribeye that was the nightly special, small ribeye with no sides for $35. Ordered the sauteed mushrooms as a side Seems a bit spendy. We dined at the Capital Grill the week prior, comparing the 2, we should have gone back to the Capital Grill. If you are a fan of Italian wines and cheeses its an excellent choice. I would go back but just for the wine and cheese.Special Features:
- Amazing foodLittleC321Dined on 6/4/2014My husband and I are from a town right outside of Bari, Italy. We were hoping the food from Bari Ristorante would be authentic, and we were not disappointed. This is not your typical Italian-American Cuisine; the dishes are light, void of the heavy sauces that tend to overwhelm and obscure individual ingredients. The quality really comes through. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable. The owner came to talk to us, and we had a great conversation. Highly recommeded.Special Features:
- Great mealSuziinTNVIPDined on 5/30/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The small plates, outstanding food, and excellent service make it a very enjoyable experience. The scallops are GREAT, and make sure you let them select some cheese samples for you. This is a great place for couples, groups, or even eating alone.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysJimmer0Dined on 5/24/2014Bari is one of our favorite places to go, whether we sit in the bar on a weeknight or in the dining room on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bari-stic!Kat420Dined on 5/24/2014I have passed Bari many times and never had a second thought about it. I was missing out! After first looking over the menu I began to think I was in over my head. Very intimidating if you are not accustomed to authenic Italian food. Thankfully our server was use to our reaction lol! He was very patient and knowledgable of the menu and wine list(which is outstanding!). Cozy(only seats about 40ppl), romantic unpretentious atmosphere. We couldn't believe we hadn't tried Bari out by now. You should not sleep on this place folks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shelmadineDined on 5/23/2014I spent over a hour, writing a review that continually missed the mark...too many characters. You all were amazing.Special Features:
- True Italian FlavorsCSP1Dined on 5/21/2014This authentic Italian food with extremely high quality ingredients. Unfortunately the night I was there there were three tables with babies two of whom were very well behaved. It's a very small restaurant and I'll say no more. Out waiter made some recommendations all of which were excellent. the carbonara is the best in the city. I had the cauliflower and it was not worth $7. It was the only thing that fell short. The meats and cheese that you can select from are amazing yet the portions are quite small. It is pricey but really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Bari has exception seafood and great service. Looking for an intimate place with great service and great food where you can talk and relax and enjoy your friends or family? Go to Bari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014delicious dinner and great service! I enjoyed the wine the waiter recommended now that ichi bana is off the list. The salad was fresh and soup delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cheesetomlinkDined on 5/16/2014The grilled calamari appetizer was s little cold but the cheese and antipasto was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always excellent!MikeA2006Dined on 5/10/2014We have eaten here twice so far, and the food has always been amazing!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/9/2014If you are a cheese lover this place is perfect! Excellent wines and reasonable prices. Bartender and server knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Love good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014We have been going to Bari since it opened. It is relaxed with a very good wine list and terrific simple, Italian food - our favorite way to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Midtown DiningKneepsDined on 5/8/2014I chose Bari for our wedding anniversary/Mothers Day celebration and we weren't disappointed. We have been there before and we were treated to another great dining experience. Bari has a very well done menu and execution is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8th AnniversaryDavidDined on 5/7/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and loved it! The three cheese plate was amazing before dinner and the Rigatoni was truly out of this world. We ordered it because another reviewer went nuts over it and he was right. Our waitress nailed it on each of our wine recommendations after finding out what we liked. If you want, just go for wine and cheese sometime, as there are plenty of amazing options for both. Even the potatoes were memorable. We will definitely go back. Thanks for a great anniversary Bari!Special Features:
- The following 629 reviews are from the Bari reviews archive.
- MaggieLDined on 5/3/2014Bari is a small intimate restaurant with wonderful food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Fantastic, as alwaysDougDined on 5/2/2014Bari never fails to deliver. Intimate atmosphere, excellent service, and inspired cuisine. The rigatoni is ridiculous (and by that I mean ridiculously good). I grew up in New York (where I ate my fair share of Italian food). I have also made it a point to check out Italian food in some of the more famous areas of the U.S. and in two parts of Italy. Among all of this, Bari's rigatoni is the BEST I have eaten anywhere. We live about 90 minutes from Memphis and Bari is a place we eat at on almost every trip. This trip was to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary, so we considered doing something above-and-beyond. But after considering numerous 5-star restaurants, we decided we'd rather be at Bari and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Bari DiningStarryDined on 4/30/2014The food is outstanding. Try the balsamic-marinated funghi! The banana dessert is off the charts. Great service and the best hearth bread in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Excellent food and service. Had a wonderful vegan meal.Special Features:
- Always SpecialBritJunkieDined on 4/24/2014Bari costs too much for my husband and I to do often, but when we have the opportunity, it's always one of our favorites. The selections are always beautiful, tasty, simply done, and just regal. I love the spot, the staff, the bar, the ambiance, the food -- everything!! Bari is a one-of-a-kind experience that everyone should find a way to treat themselves to every now and then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be a regular dinerAmyMcDined on 4/23/2014My husband and I dined there for the first time the other night, and were extremely impressed by the whole experience - food, service and atmosphere. I like that the bar is separated from the main dining area. That also provides options for some who may just want to gather for some excellent cheeses and wine. We're definitely adding this restaurant to our regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotCarolMemphisDined on 4/19/2014You often need reservations for dinner, but you can also make reservations without a lot of advance notice. They're very accommodating in getting you in, and they will ask if you're going to a show or if you can dine leisurely. The food is excellent and portions are reasonable. It's not a ton of food, but plenty. And because they let you be leisurely, it works out very well! Bari is a good choice for a nice dinner out without killing the budget.Special Features:
- NoamdotnoDined on 4/17/2014Bari is my favorite restaurant in Memphis! It has been awhile since I have dined in the dining room. In the past the staff seemed a little stressed. This visit was delightful. Noam is charming. He is so enthusiastic about the food and wine. He has a great sense of humor and a flirty twinkle in his eye. The new cheeses we tried were yummy, unique and well matched to our wine. My friend really enjoyed her scallops. The drowned egg soup is one of my favorites, I could eat it every day. The food presentation was clean and appealing, as always. Wine by the glass prices seemed lower than my last visit, thats always a plus.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014A wonderful dining experience with gourmet southern Italian foods prepared to perfection!! This is not your typical meat and potatoes, huge portion kind of bistro. One dines here for quality, not quantity!! There is a small but exquisite variety on the menu which should more than satisfy just abou any palate. Everything my date and I ate was expertly prepared and full of rich flavor. Not being all too familiar with Italian wines (as I typically prefer California reds) I was able to find one that was superb and paired perfectly with our menu choices. The staff is very friendly, very knowledgeable about the menu and very willing to accommodate a diner's request. We WILL be regulars here now. Well done Bari, well done indeed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brings Back Memories of ItalyBulldog64Dined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dining experience at Bari. We had reservations and were promptly seated upon arrival. Hunter, our server, was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. The selection of food and wine brought back pleasant memories of our trip to Italy. We chose a selection of meats, cheeses, and grilled as our appetizer. It was beautifully presented and delicious. The pasta carbonara was the best we have had anywhere. Food, service, and atmosphere were all first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent visitVickiVIPDined on 4/4/2014We have enjoyed several meals at Bari since they opened and as usual no disappointments on our most recent visit. Each course was well made and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always satisfyingPhilipDined on 4/4/2014Bari is one of Memphis' best restaurants! The staff are always so nice and do a fine job. The food is always appealing and don't even think about skipping the orzo con granchio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hunter is AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2014Hunter waited on us for my husband's birthday. He previously worked in the kitchen but now has moved to the front of the house. He is extremely knowledgeable and attentive. He had excellent meat, cheese and wine recommendations. We will ask to sit in his section every time we go. An amazing experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceBethRDined on 3/28/2014Service was poor, food was ok at best. Expensive and not worth having to beg for attention. Other restaurants in the area that are far better.Special Features:
- Something specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2014We we dining with 2 other couples, 1 of which was much our senior and has lived in Memphis far longer. I was a little nervous when they said they had never been to Bari as it was my choice to go there, but we had been there and enjoyed it. They loved it and so did the rest of us. Our server made great recommendations for wine and chose our cheeses which were wonderful. My crab orzo was great and I heard raves about the steak. We had a great time and I think out guests will be back now too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.