219 East Route 3
Secaucus, NJ 07094Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.barelisrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 2018650473
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Robb Welch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 20 people.
- Entertainment: Piano music Wednesday thru Saturday nights.
A word from Bareli's Restaurant
Conveniently located on busy Route 3 in Secaucus NJ, just minutes from the Meadowlands Complex, Giants Stadium, and New York City. Bareli’s is the area’s finest Italian/Continental restaurant since 1986. An award winning wine list complements a menu prepared from highest quality ingredients. Let our award winning chef prepare your favorite dish to your specifications. Food fit for royalty with great service and a comfortable atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bareli's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Secaucus ›
Bareli's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (30)special occasion (27)romantic (25)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (18)great for lunch (12)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good but.....MannysDined on 9/17/2014Food was good but but I expected a bit more for the price. I had a special request to make my pasta spicy but it arrived with virtually no extra zing at all. We had to flag down the waiter several times for items they forgot to bring after they were requested- limes, cheese, pepper, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLOUIEDined on 9/12/2014top-notch professional servers, on top of everything.. Large variety of specials. Food is absolutely exceptional... Ambiance is very romantic.. I recommend to everyone looking for a great dining experiance... Give it a try guaranteed you will be back.. And now they are offering a Sunday brunch.. Next that is something i have to try..Special Features:
- going back soonpammyDined on 9/10/2014Service is impeccable and every bite is delicious! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingExploreroffoodDined on 9/6/20145 stars across the board. Reasonably priced for good food and service. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningbirdsthewordDined on 9/6/2014From start to finish, Bareli's delivered. Superb grilled octopus (great char) with white bean puree, really knocked it out of the park. Chilean sea bass special was flavorful and cooked to perfection. Wild shrimp oreganata with broccoli rabe was tender and moist with great seasoning. A bottle of Caymus Napa Valey Cabernet rounded out a perfect meal. Cappuccino, coffee and dessert, a wonderful end to a great dinner. The service staff was considerate and conscientious, making our dining experience, at Bareli's, top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the pricefoodiegirlDined on 8/29/2014Was looking forward to Ann excellent meal. Had heard Bareli's was nice and a bit high end. However, did not expect the prices to be so high, $42 for a steak and$12 for a glass of house merlot!!! Everything a la carte. I've dined at both inexpensive and other high end places that had much better food for less. Ambiance was lovely, but not worth the price. Very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodalinaDined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant right by our house. Excellent food and service. Great for groups.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceRistoranteUomoDined on 8/5/2014Pre-event at MetLife, in and out without issue and everything was excellent.
- Exceptional!1njgalDined on 8/2/2014Bareli's was absolutely wonderful in every way. The ambiance, service, food…all outstanding. Attentiveness to detail was apparent. Carlos our server was gracious and extremely pleasant…as were all the help. We had home made pasta dishes…they were delicious. The berries zabaglione for dessert prepared table side were excellent also. We were in a cozy smaller dining area with a fireplace which made for a romantic and private feeling. They had musical entertainment…we heard it permeating from the lounge area. It was hard to leave without dancing a few…which we did…all in all a perfect evening for a spontaneous dining arrangement. Would recommend in a heartbeat….we will be back! The manager made sure we were very pleased and thanked us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantalinaDined on 8/1/2014Overall a great restaurant. We enjoy the food, service and it is 3 minutes away from home.Special Features:
- AmazingFoodieDined on 8/1/2014If restaurants want the blueprint on how to give great service then they need to check out Bareli's. I've never been so blown away by the customer service at a restaurant. I've been to hundreds of restaurants but none like Bareli's. The food was excellent, the waiter attended to our every need, recommended the perfect dinner and knew every item on the menu. Everyone was so attentive that we felt as if we were the only people in the restaurant. Its not a matter of if we will be back but when. I rarely do reviews but Bareli's was outstanding. Its great for guys who want to impress their ladies as its very romantic. Go check them out, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We eat here regularly and the food and service were both excellent as usual. I always eat one of the chef specials and they are happy to make adjustments if you prefer something cooked differently. I recommended Bareli's to everyone i know.Special Features:
- OutstandingalinaDined on 7/26/2014Great food as always. The service is outstanding. Nelson always takes great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/Great FoodCarmenltaDined on 7/25/2014I really enjoyed my dinner experience at Bareli's. Our server was attentive and the food was delicious. I will definitely go again and share my experience with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome IlalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I've been to this restaurant several times. It's great. The type of place that if what you want to eat is not on the menu, they will make it for you. Great service, terrific food. In the 4 times I've been here it's has been very consistent. Lastly, the prices are good. Most NYC places charges more for a fraction of the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much ImprovedAnex43Dined on 7/21/2014Much improved since new management. Very good service. Creative menu, tasty and nicely presented.Special Features:
- Just a great Italian experienceneedamealDined on 7/16/2014When you think of Italian food in New Jersey, this is your place. This was my second time there and the consistency was excellent. The ambiance is the white table cloth and the waiters have the Italian accent which is straight out of the script. Fortunately, the food lives up to the expectation. I ordered off the menu for veal saltimboccha which was perhaps the best I have ever had. The rest of the party had an assortment of meat and pastas and everyone was really pleased. .Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerbirdsthewordDined on 7/12/2014I celebrated my birthday at Bareli's with family. The crabcakes, lobster salad special, fried calamari and fresh oysters appetizers were all delicious and prepared perfectly. Our entrees, wood grilled bronzino, two scallop specials, and a pasta pomodoro were excellent. The scallops were tender and perfectly caramelized with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar along side sauteed broccoli rabe that was al dente and flavorful. The bronzino was tender and moist drizzled with fresh lemon and oil. Dessert (zabaione with fresh berries)were very nicely prepared tableside. I loved the cannoli, freshly filled with a rich ricotta cream. After a superb cappuccino, I was in heaven. Thank you, Bareli's, for a wonderful birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining.BobHDined on 7/2/2014Excellent food and service. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!MarpalDined on 6/27/2014My boyfriend and I have driven pass Bareli's numerous times and finally decided to give it a try. Well let me tell you. We are so glad we did! Pork chop is to die for and so are the soft shell crabs. We've already made plans to go back with friends. And the service was way above and beyond. Staff was extremely polite and attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bareli dinner on 6/23/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014The staff was very friendly, professional and efficient. In addition to the huge selection on the menu, for specials there is always a Meat, Pasta, Fish or Veggie special on the list. Something for everyone! Bareli's food and service is as good, even better in most cases than the top Italian restaurant's I frequented in Manhattan.Special Features:
- Don't botherHobokenCookieDined on 6/20/2014This place is tired, un-inventive and has uneven service. Waiter had very thick accent and could not be understood. He could not explain pepperoni sauce to us. Bread was ordinary, prosecco by the glass not good, view of Route 3 out the open window not appealing. All in all, I would not return.
- ExcellentRCC1029Dined on 6/19/2014Food is excellent. Wait staff very accommodating. Very well-run operation. Large menu , so much to choose from!Special Features:
- Much ImprovedAnex43Dined on 6/10/2014Much better since new owners and chef. More attentive service and some more creative dishes. Miss the black linguini, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!AnnyDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant is great! The food is very good, so are the drinks. The service is very good as well. Will come back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitaRITADined on 6/4/2014Food excellent. Everyone so friendly and accommodating . Service was great. Renovation is very pretty smart and classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestLeonardDined on 5/31/2014I couldn't have asked for a better Saturday night restaurant experience. The food was excellent and the staff from Chris to Javier..the Bartenders.. all were friendly, attentive and Top Notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this placeForeverAFoodieDined on 5/28/2014I have always loved the food here and thankfully the chef remained the same with the renovation. These are some of the best meatballs I have ever had. I love that you can order them as an appetizer for the table instead of with spaghetti, which is not really the kind of thing I would order. They have a broc rabe and artichoke dip which is really good. My friends loved it so much, they ordered a second. You can just tell that the ingredients are super fresh and it is not like the runny yucky spinach dip served in most places. One friend ordered 2 half orders of pasta because she could not choose and both were amaze. I had the chicken savoy for the 3rd time and it was the bomb! I also tried my friends lamb chops and they were also incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business DinnerKennyDined on 5/27/2014I organized a business dinner at Bareli's this past week. I'd had lunch there on several occasions, but this was the first time for dinner. We had a party of 10 people, and without asking, we were afforded a lovely private room. This facilitated lots of conversation, and made the dinner more enjoyable to all. There was lots to choose from on the menu, and after agonizing over all the choices, our waiter announced what must have been a dozen specials (all sounded terrific). Drinks were plentiful and reasonably priced. Some wines by the glass might have been a tad high by my reckoning, but not outrageously so. They had a great selection of beer. Service was excellent. Prices were very reasonable. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The following 70 reviews are from the Bareli's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Nice placejacknzeusDined on 5/17/2014Extensive wine list, attentive service. The food was very good. The only thing that bothered me was it was a Saturday night, the employees and host are well dressed but in comes a group of guys who may have just come from the movie theater with sleeveless tees and tees. They could at least demand a collar shirt for dinner service. Other than that, it was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day delightbirdsthewordDined on 5/11/2014Have dined here many times & loved the throw back "ratpack" ambiance with the piano bar, waiters in tuxes & the comfy leather chairs. Flash forward to the Bareli's with new decor. The dining room is soft & inviting with canopied window treatments & a lovely "wine celler"view of their collection. Service was attentive & engaging. Appetizers eggplant rollatine & fried calamari were tender with sauces light & flavorful. The langostino arrabiatta appy was tender & spicy, a delight to the palate. My squid ink chittara with scungilli and calamari prepared al dente was over the top flavorful and portioned generously. Grilled shrimp arrabiatta, cooked perfectly, with broccoli rabe, was also a great choice. Loved the experience can't wait to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back After the RenovationRichBWDined on 5/2/2014Friday was our first chance to return to Bareli's after the renovation. The place looks great. The reno really freshened up the place, with the bar area opened up and the dining room given a more modern appearance. Many of the former service staff are still there along with some new folks. The "old world" atmosphere in the dining room has been modified with a more "up tempo" feel. I had the Langostino appetizer followed by the Scallops; my wife had a salad and the Bronzino. The food was as good as ever, fresh and expertly prepared. The Bronzino portion was substantial; I would have preferred a fifth scallop. Bareli's continues to be able to accommodate different diets and meal requests. Although I miss the piano in the bar, we will return!Special Features:
- superbloumingDined on 4/19/2014always a great dining experiance, the atmosphere, the service and of course the food... it is no doubt the best restaurant in the area..Special Features:
- Great place to meet your friendsfinefoodieDined on 4/12/2014This is a fine place to meet New Jersey friends after a day in the City. It has a friendly bar, good service, a great wine list, and good Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It had been some time sinceMARISSADined on 4/3/2014It had been some time since I was back to Bareli's and noticed they had remodeled.This buisiness occasion was simply delightful, and the food wonderful as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very intimate. PriceyBiztravellerDined on 3/29/2014Food tasted excellent, but it was a little pricey I thought for route 3 in jersey ($42 for a filet). High end type of joint and it was very well done (I could imagine ratpack folks hanging at the small bar). Very intimate, but also appeared popular with the "small firm" after work dinner crowd. Appetizers were good size and really did taste great, the pasta dish was also very tasty, but kind of small for a $20+ pasta dish. Service wasn't that attentive during meal (had to call over server for drinks), but they were very nice and very authentic! Overall I would recommend this place, you just have to know what to expect (and I didn't). Great place for a special dinner with that special someone or a law firm dinner click.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SvmvDined on 3/28/2014This is our second visit to Bareli's since it was re-modeled. Great menu, food, staff and the place is comfortable and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!katdemDined on 3/22/2014From the minute we walked in until we left over 3 hours later Bareli's was outstanding! The food was awesome the service was impeccable and the courtesy of everyone was unreal. The crab cakes actually had crab in them. The lamb chops were superb! I will say portions aren't large but still everything was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSteveDined on 3/21/2014The service was exceptional. Chris, our waiter and his assistants were most accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family feelHappy15thAnniversaryDined on 2/22/2014The entire staff from the valet to the owner Liam made our party of 4 feel very welcomed and like were part of the family. I already started to make plans to return to Bareli's with my in-laws. Can't wait to go again. Definitely would highly recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.