56 York St.
Toronto, ON M5J 1S8Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bardis.com/
- Phone: 4163669211
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are pleased to offer a private setting for about 24 guests adjacent to our wine cellar and overlooking historic York St. buildings such as the Fairmont Royal York Hotel and Union Station. Bardi’s boardroom, with a floor to ceiling marble fireplace, presents a perfect setting for corporate and private functions for up to 16.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Manikas 4163669211
A word from Bardi's Steakhouse
Bardi’s Steak House is a single unit, traditional steakhouse, owner operated since 1966. We are located in Toronto’s theatre and financial districts, adjacent to the Fairmont Royal York Hotel, and steps from Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Rogers Centre, and Air Canada Centre. Over the years Bardi’s has developed an international reputation for quality food and exceptional service; Serving only "Certified Angus Beef" TM, naturally aged, cut and trimmed on premise. Fresh Atlantic salmon, chicken and ribs are also available. We offer an extensive wine lista nd are the recipient of Wine Spectator Magazine “Award of Excellence” since 1994.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bardi's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Bardi's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
notable wine list (16)special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always enjoyable!Cowboy777VIPDined on 10/16/2014Largest shrimp in the city! Great steaks. Perfect location for ACC or Rogers Center!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousVIPDined on 10/3/2014Always a great experience with friends or business guests alike.Special Features:
- Great evening outMB924Dined on 9/27/2014Thankfully there wasn't a hockey game as we never would have gotten in. Great spot with great service and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmandsDined on 9/20/2014nice place, excellent service , but food (filet mignon 8 ounces, 50 $) and wine list outrageously expensive. ginette guévin et patrice brunet, québecSpecial Features:
- Decent food otherwise awfulBHSNewYorkVIPDined on 9/17/2014Decent food, but the restaurant is old, dirty and bad service. Went on a recommendation, and was totally disappointed. The prices are comparable to great steak house, but this place was really awful.
- Fantastic SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful meal at Bardi's and our service was fantastic. The restaurant was not very busy but we had a later reservation. We were close to closing time when we finished but we never felt rushed or like we were being an inconvenience. We would highly recommend this restaurant a bit of a hidden gem.Special Features:
- Great Lobster Tailsnana63Dined on 8/25/2014My meal was very tasty, service was wonderful but disappointed to see they served US beef. How about supporting our Canadian farmers.Special Features:
- BrendaDined on 8/23/2014Went for dinner with my husband recently. The garlic bread, ceaser salad and steak was the BEST. The red wine that our waiter recommended was also great. A++++Special Features:
- Night outTinshin1Dined on 8/1/2014The food and the service at Bardi's steakhouse was great. I had the steak Dianna which was cooked at the table side and tasted great. My husband had the T-bone which was excellent. The restaurant is a little dated but the staff was very friendly. The only complaint I had was the garden salad that I ordered....it was basically some mixed greens and salad dressing...not worth the price of $9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection on a platesteakloverDined on 7/29/2014My friend and I love steak and make a point of going out to at least one steak dinner when we get together for a few days. We loved every dish from the garlic shrimp to the bone-in rib steak to the newest addition to the menu, creme brulee - all done to perfection. The manager and servers were wonderful, friendly and professional. We left feeling satisfied, spoiled and knowing we will return to Bardi's as one of our steakhouse favourites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, dated decormichaelandtatianaDined on 6/27/2014Great food and service. Unfortunately suffers from the same issue that the grand old hotel (Royal York) across the street faces- need interior reno.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 107 reviews are from the Bardi's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- anonymousVIPDined on 6/6/2014Probably my favourite restaurant in downtown Toronto to go with friends or business associatesSpecial Features:
- Top Notch SteakhouseRandallOneDined on 5/23/2014Not too busy due to all the construction in the city. Excellent Food, very professional service, and a great wine list make this place a great place for Dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityDaleDined on 5/16/2014Steaks were outsatnding quality and taste. Very attentive and professional wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still The Best SteakCanadianGordoVIPDined on 5/15/2014Revisited Bardi's to have lunch with a friend - I'll be going back for dinner soon. Such great cuts of beef. Even the steak sandwich, which we both had, was outstanding. In my opinion, the best steak house in the city. Time to go for a full dinner experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!DaleDined on 4/5/2014We chose this restaurant for my daughter's 16th birthday dinner - and it did not disappoint. We really enjoyed the food, service and the ambience. Thanks again for a great experience - I would definitely come back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak was divine, perfectlysteakloverDined on 4/4/2014steak was divine, perfectly paired with wine, excellent wine list, wait staff attentive and knowledgeable, will definitely go againSpecial Features:
- A Great Steak RestaurantCowboy777VIPDined on 4/4/2014This is one of Toronto great steak restaurants. I have been going to the restaurant for over 15 years and never been disappointed. Alex and his crew take care of everything. A fine wine list and the wine cellar is on the second floor if you want to eat up there. Near the ACC and SkyDome so you were close by for all sports facilities in Toronto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in Toronto foranonymousVIPDined on 4/3/2014Best steak in Toronto for sure and excellent service. I bring clients and friends here all the time and we are never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst & most over priced restaurantYasmineDined on 3/22/2014I have never been anywhere so overpriced and without good reason. The food was horrible..the steak was burnt and not well seasoned. The vegetables tasted like wall. The scallops we're ok but only because they were fried and that does not take much skill. The servers were unhelpful and had nothing good to offer when told of our dissatisfaction with the meal other than a "shrug". Lastly, the place was dead, no one else in the restaurant. At the end of the meal, we got up to get our own coats while the server chatted in the back. Bad food, bad service, emptier wallet.
- Just another old style steak housebigeaterDined on 3/18/2014Went here for lunch. Service was fast and food was good. We had lunch size NY steak. It was cooked correctly and quite tasty. Just your basic steak house; nothing exciting. Soup of the day was gumbo and had a nice bite to it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignored at the doorKateDined on 3/7/2014We had a reservation and arrived well in time. Place was nearly empty. Stood at the door for several minutes while staff chatted with each other. We mentioned we had made reservations with OpenTable and had to point out our reservation to them. Finally seated right by the entrance even though the restaurant was empty. Asked to be moved - no problem - t hey moved us to the entrance to the bathroom - much better! Steak was very good but no vegetable side. Wine list was crappy and overpriced. Service was non existent. Got an email from OpenTable the next day advising we were a "no show". All in all, a terrible experience. My husband and I dine out once a week and try different places. We won't bother with Bardi's again.
- Good Classic Old School Steakporckchop99Dined on 3/1/2014Service was excellent food was simple and cooked crrectly very good service from very experienced wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a bit expensiveyutiroeDined on 2/14/2014everything is good there, specially the bardi's special steak is amazing, the only thing is the price is too high, me and my girl spent 181 dollars on 2 steak, 1 salad, 1 soup, 2 dishes of shrim and that costs us 181.Special Features:
- Poor service but good food.DatenightDined on 2/14/2014Food was wonderful but the service left questing the quality of the restaurant and inside of the restaurant look like it was straight out of the 70's. I think it is time for a little modern look inside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A traditional but updatedCharlesDined on 2/12/2014A traditional but updated steak house. It has been there forever and does what it knows best. Classic downstairs and quite pleasant upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was delicious, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014Steak was delicious, everything else we ordered was mediocre. Definetly a great steak but thats it. Service was excellent and they brough us a cake becasue it was our anniversary which was a nice gesture.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Birthday lunch for Howard!Cowboy777VIPDined on 1/23/2014Thanks for the Champagne Alex! A touch of class! Best steaks in Toronto!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013This was our second time at Barde's. I didn't think the first experience could be topped but the second was every bit as good or better. The steaks and lobster were the best and our waiters there have been so interesting to talk to. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour of the wine room as well. This is my absolute favourite restaurant by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bardi's is one of the fewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2013Bardi's is one of the few remaining landmarks of Toronto.I having been dining there for the past 40 years, going back to when there was foil and velveteen wallpaper on the walls.For my early retirement party I chose Bardi's over all the other options in the financial district.It was, to my mind, the perfect venue to put a stamp on my career.The service was impecible as always, however as we were a table of 8, we were disappointed that the wine was not available for a third bottle. As well, the "frites" with a perfect steak were cold and tasted as if they were previously frozen rather than freshly cut. Overly, I am thankful there is still a Bardi's when the other great steak houses of Toronto have gone the way of the Dodo bird. Will be back.Special Features:
- Very empty.PrairiedogDined on 11/30/2013Hardly anyone there when we arrived. Should have realized something was up when it was too easy to get a reservation. Strange eating in a large room when it is just the 4 of you.
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013We loved it and will return, if only for the service!Special Features:
- Exceptionally ReliableJMTorontoDined on 11/29/2013I've been enjoying lunches at Bardi's for over 15 years and I was never disappointed. Great service, effecient and attentive. Great steaks and salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was probably good in it's timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2013Food and service were both good. Atmosphere, decor really need updating. It's time for Bardi's to renovate. Very very old interior showing signs of its age.
- FabulousBusinessDinerVIPDined on 11/22/2013I hosted a business meeting and my customers were truly impressed. The service was wonderful, and the food even better. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great place to go for a privateanonymousVIPDined on 11/12/2013Great place to go for a private business lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:
- This restaurant needs updating.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2013This restaurant needs updating. I was looking for a restaurant near the ACC and it is within walking distance so it is good for that but not good enough for a great meal with friends. Menu is limited and the service is mediocre.Special Features:
- Great steak, and great winespatrickcroVIPDined on 9/30/2013I go to Bardi's whenever I am in Toronto. The steaks are great and reasonably priced. And the wine list I stellar. As a lone traveler I really appreciate the large selection of half bottles. We added the excellent chocolate dessert and some port to this meal, and these did not disappoint either. A great dinner again, and I will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2013Great place as usual for a business lunch and meetingSpecial Features:
- The shrimps were overcooked...notjimaDined on 9/17/2013The shrimps were overcooked...not sure how fresh they were.