501 8th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1G1Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (403) 265-6555
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 7am to 10am
Saturday and Sunday- 10am to 2pm
Monday through Friday - 11am to 4pm
Monday and Thursday - 4pm to Late
Friday and Saturday- 4pm to 1AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, International
- Executive Chef: Andrew Gass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: How are you celebrating this holiday season? We have an excellent selection of event options to create the perfect experience for you and your guests.
Whether it is a seated meal, a standing cocktail reception, or a quick afterwork get-together our marketing team will work with you.
Contact our marketing team at email@example.com or 403.265.6555 ext 281
- Private Party Facilities: Barcelona Tavern offers many options to host your private functions. Our space is ideal for breakfast, corporate lunches, business meetings as well as receptions and social events.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Hanna 4032656555x
- Special Events: Check out our website or follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook to find out about special events!
We look forward to seeing you.
- Cross Street: 8th Ave 4th St
- Public Transit: Located one block south of 7th Ave SW, a major public transit route that passes through downtown utilized by the c-train as well as a number of buses.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Several parkades, parking lots and street parking within walking distance
A word from Barcelona Tavern
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barcelona Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (7)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (0)late-night find (0)neighborhood gem (0)Show More
- Fun & exiting food with relaxed admosphereSeventhHeavenDined on 11/24/2014Great for a quick business lunch or dinner with friendsI would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I liked Barcelona Tavern, I was impressed by the selection of tapas and found them to be more authentic than other tapas restaurants in town. The restaurant is HUGE. Lots of tables and space. Drinks were on point as well, great mixed drinks as well as wine. Only recommendation would be a different music playlist?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TAPAS!happydinerDined on 11/21/2014Awesome reno to the space. Very inviting, great vibe! Excellent menu with lots of variety, great drink list and good service, especially considering it was their first Friday service. We will be back! ThxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!PeggyDined on 11/20/2014Three things that are a must have; veal cheeks, literally melt in your mouth. Scallop and pork belly was another awesome combo. The wings, house made siracha sauce is out of this world, I would have totally taken home a bottle of that sauce if it was possible! Oh and who would dare to forget dessert, sticky toffee pudding was brilliant. Fantastic night was had at Barcelona looki forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way better than the old Belgo!SuzannemmhDined on 11/20/2014A much needed improvement to this prime location! Food is amazing with the menu redo, wine list was huge, a bit of growing pains with the staff trying to figure out where to seat people even though I had a reservation and I was hit by the revolving door because there were people crowded by the hostess desk, just a warmer more open feeling of the space that I loved...overall an amazing upgrade from the previous Belgo and I'd happily recommend to friends and go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/18/2014It's always risky going to a restaurant on opening night but this one delivered in spades! Great food and yummy cocktails! Can't wait to try their brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Barcelona Tavern reviews archive.