BARcelona Tapas Restaurant
32-34 North Central Ave
Clayton, MO 63105Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
BARcelona Tapas Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barcelonatapas.com/
- Phone: (314) 863-9909
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Bar Open until 1:30 AM; OPEN 7 DAYS FROM 11-11.
Tapas all day and Sangria all night. Come and watch the La Liga on our screens. We show every Barcelona Game. Viva Barca!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Contemporary European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Peio Aramburu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Want to cater to your friends with true Spanish Tapas? Want the true Spanish Sangria at your home or office Party? This little Bar will even provide the Music ( I-pod or cd's) to ensure your function is FUN and a well remembered success. Go to the website at www.Barcelonatapas.com and click on the link to send a message to the managers desk directly. Here's to a successful Tapas Party!
- Entertainment: This Original Spanish Tapas Bar is THE PLACE TO BE on Wednesday nights for outdoor live music, streetside dining and fun. Three Latin Trios take turns on performing on Wednesdays from 8-11 PM. It has been rumored that the dancing has moved onto the street at times. The combination of small plates, great sangria, live music and people watching is well worth the visit here. BARcelona's Taps Bar is open until 1:30 AM every night but Sundays, when the bar closes down for the law at midnight.
- Cross Street: Maryland and Forsyth
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Plenty of parking available on either side of the Street or in the parking lot at the back, though the little alley on the south side of the block. VALET service is available every night from 5 PM on. The friendly guys from VIP Valet will charge you a merely $3 BUCKS to take care of your car. Sorry, no Hummers....just kidding.
A word from BARcelona Tapas Restaurant
COME SAVOUR THE BOUNTIES OF SPAIN! In the heart of Clayton, this Spanish translation of "a neighborhood bar", an Authentic Spanish Tapas Bar is always busy with people at the bustling Bar, the church pew lined dining room, outside on the back deck or on the Central Avenue Sidewalk. The walls are bright saffron and crimson with teal accents and just like in Spain, the whole original Serrano Hams, dried salt fish and strings of red peppers frame the busy open kitchen. Bring your friends in for a glass of Sangria to share the gossip of the day. As the Sangria gets the juices flowing, you will want to enjoy some of the many small plates (Tapas) Here you get the true Spanish Fried Artichokes with Romesco sauce, baked Goat cheese melted in tomato sauce, grilled Beef tenderloin Pinchos with Cabrales cheese, peppered Tuna in a red wine and balsamic reduction or plate of Serrano Ham, Mahon Cheese and Spanish Olives. This intimate Tapas Bar can be quite rambunctious on crowded weekend nightContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
BARcelona Tapas Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Clayton ›
BARcelona Tapas Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (13)special occasion (9)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lunch SpecialsHirschwritesVIPDined on 11/18/2014Lunch specials were good. I had the chicken and chorizo sandwich with the biggest mound of roasted and fried potato wedges I've ever seen. All good stuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locavoreDined on 11/15/2014Great food and great service. Noisy atmosphere might be a problem if you are planning a romantic dinner for two but otherwise it was fantastic. Food comes out amazingly fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6forlunchDined on 11/3/2014Not sure my reservation went through because their computer was down. However, seating for 6 wasn't a problem because it wasn't crowded. Lack of a crowd most likely contributed to the good service and low noise level. Food was good; everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and Pretty GoodGoBlueDined on 10/29/2014Good food. Good service. We dined with a vegetarian in the group and had no problem finding various options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!!!ESG1VIPDined on 10/26/2014Had several items....gazpacho and salmon dish were lovely. The ’ evening special' side of Brussels sprouts was not so...undercooked and tough. The beef tenderloin was also quite tough though had a nice sauce. This restaurant is quite inconsistent...would like to frequent moe often,but there are definitely better choices in town.Special Features:
- Good food but poor serviceDB006VIPDined on 10/24/2014Found consistently good at Barcelona but Friday nite service was disappointedly poor. Took 10 minutes and a special request to get a server and menus. Then after dinner almost 15 minutes to get credit card picked up. Servers were not helping one another at all. Manager spent the evening too close to the hostess and not helping to expedite meals or service to customers. Unfortunate as we really like this staple in Clayton. Will hope for better next time or mention to the manger directly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, varied tapas menuYummyFoodVIPDined on 10/23/2014Large, excellent choice of hot & cold tapas. Small, inexpensive choices and easy to run up large bill. Table of 4 was $160. White sangria adequate, red was not good - not authentic either. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencekathy11Dined on 10/16/2014The food we ordered was excellent, especially the cauliflower! We wanted to order many more items to try, but we couldn't eat more. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and will return whenever we are in this area again.Special Features:
- Great experiencetndanVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went here with a group of 14 on the sunday night of labor day weekend. I was a bit hesitant to go based on some of the reviews. I was glad we went. We had almost everything on the menu and it was all excellent. The sangria was fine. The service very good. With such a large group on a holiday weekend, we could have had a really dicey experience but not so. Everyone raved about how good everything was. Ok, i have been to spain and it is not spain. Boo hoo. It is a nice little gem and you shouldnt be dissapointed. Go and have a great time! (I was told that it was very loud inside but the patio was nice for conversing)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goat!!BigBearDined on 8/29/2014Marinara and Goat Cheese. I could go on, but there's no need. Life changer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of Spain in ClaytonGoodLingDined on 8/22/2014Good tapas. The six of us had fun experimenting and sharing. Server was excellent. Only draw back was difficulty hearing. Noise level was very high.fSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night SpotdiningdingoDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I love tapas and BARcelona is a great place. Recently went there on a data night. Had a great meal sharing 4 different dishes, all of which were fantastic. The ambience was perfect for a couple like us on a romantic date. I would highly recommend BARcelona to anyone looking for a special place on their night out.Special Features:
- AnellaDined on 8/2/2014The Paella Valencia had a great flavor. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 401 reviews are from the BARcelona Tapas Restaurant reviews archive.
- oK food, terrible serviceEFoodieDined on 7/26/2014My sister and I went there this past Saturday for dinner. We were seated in the bar at a VERY small table. It was also near the kitchen and the manager kept hovering around to keep an eye on the orders, so as a consequence he was super close to us. We couldn't be moved because the dining room was booked, so we moved to a different table to get away from the manager. Keep in mind this whole time, no one has bothered to take our drink order. We ordered a pitcher of sangria and it was good. After we ordered our tapas it all came out at once and we couldn't fit it all on the tiny table. It was extremely loud, so overall we were happy to make a quick exit. The food is not good enough to make up for the poor service and bad atmosphere.
- CatsVIPDined on 7/19/2014Too loud, especially in the Bar! Way too loud ... turn it down!
- Failgr8kitchenDined on 7/10/2014Service was understaffed. The sangria tasted watery or maybe just is lacking in fruit juices. Since my last visit there must have been a chef change. The tapas dishes are not nearly as flavorful and are presented differently with either too much cheese or not enough. We were disappointed.Special Features:
- Nothing spectacularSFJD123VIPDined on 7/8/2014This is a good place to go with a group of friends and have a good time. I wouldn't recommend it if you're searching specifically for good tapas.Special Features:
- Sangria kills itFreshcitymoDined on 7/2/2014Get everything but especially get the sangria and the goat cheeseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discoverytapasfanDined on 7/1/2014I've been wanting to go to this restaurant for two years and I'm thrilled I finally made it! It met all my expectations for a fun atmosphere and delicious food. The empanadas were heaven. I'm definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas, but noisy!DingoDined on 6/21/2014The food was so good, I wanted to order one of everything. Alas, I couldn't. I can't wait to go again to try more! The service was fast and attentive. But, the restaurant was very noisy, even when it was not completely full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared for high volume diningLebonrobertDined on 6/21/2014Food tasty and typical for a good tapas restaurant. I would only go back when I could dine on the patio. People watching great at the bar and the dining room but decibal level beyond what I like when I'm eating a meal.Special Features:
- Fun Evening for Allqueso8rDined on 6/14/2014I came here with my husband and my younger sistert to celebrate my 42nd birthday. My husband and I had been to BARcelona several times before, and always have a good time. The food is good and tapas is such a great choice if you want a leisurely, casual dinner to share food and converse with friends. We sat in the restaurant area, and the noise level is still on the high end but not so much so that you have to yell across the table to be heard--just busy and lively. The Sangria is excellent! The only irritation is that the bathrooms are one-person-at-a-time, a line forms quickly, and there is little room to stand in line as a server's station for entering orders and the kitchen entrance are immediately adjacent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barcelona tapasBigBearDined on 6/6/2014Delicious!!! The goat + marinara with garlic bread will change your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food but a bit loudcarocaliDined on 6/6/2014I've been here for lunch a few times but dinner is a different animal. We had 8 in our group and could not hear at all. However, the food is excellent. I did notice some outdoor seating so maybe next time we'll try that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun group atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014We have been here before and return for good tapas and friendly service. We happened to be there on a summer Thursday when the street is closed for the farmer's market (vendors and live music). Made the patio even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Very authenticEatsOutOftenVIPDined on 6/2/2014Food was reminiscent of Spain itself. Very authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingofalgalpalDined on 5/25/2014Expected good food, drinks, & dessert. Tapas were lackluster, & one arrived an hour later than the others. Major disconnect between server & food-runner/kitchen. Server only appeared to take order & bring check. White sangria was crisp & flavorful. Decided to order dessert elsewhere.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014We were looking forward to trying BARcelona but were somewhat disappointed. Sangria was bland and food was nothing really special. A few good bites but overall not impressive. Doubt that we will return.
- always delicious!cc84Dined on 5/17/2014Love the variety BarCelona has and always enjoy my staples (queso de cabra al horno & sangria)! One thing that usually lacks each time i've been is the attentiveness of the servers. The bartenders are good though, when sitting at the actual bar top. I do recommend Barcelona highly for their food and fun vibe, just don't expect impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerDined on 5/11/2014We were able to eat outdoors, so the atmosphere was quiet. We enjoyed our food and the bottle of wine recommended by our host was delicious. Because the place was not crowded, our waiter was able to pace our meal perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute placeLovetapasDined on 5/2/2014Cute little place great atmosphere! Great food and fantastic sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and sangriaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2014We used the groupon deal. The tapas selection is diverse. The chicken chorizo, flash calamari, and shrimp were all excellent. Would definitely return especially with summertime happening soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2014Group of 9 with reservations! Fun atmosphere great food.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed BARcelona on a beautiful, spring evening. The outside seating was much quieter than inside. I would recommend BAR celona to those looking for good tapas in a relaxed atmosphere. Clayton was not always the active night spot it is today. There are plenty of choices to eat and drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first datestlspudDined on 4/5/2014I took my lady friend here for our first date and had a great time. the wine was great and not overly priced. the food was outstanding. a great spot.Special Features:
- disappointedcourtrappDined on 4/5/2014The food was ok. We spent $100 and did not feel it was worth it. This was a very loud bar scene with high prices. We were very disappointed.Special Features:
- Good. Not greatTapasDined on 3/28/2014The staff was friendly and helpful. Very lively and loud in there. The food was good, but more "Americanized" Spanish tapas than authentic Spanish Tapas. Had a nice time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Loud!GrouonerDined on 3/21/2014The food was great. The sangria was delicious. But even with making reservations, we were seated in the middle of the bar. If you like not being able to hold a conversation and getting your chair bumped every two minutes with waitstaff getting by you, then it was awesome! Maybe one less table and when someone makes a reservation, seat them in the dinning area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go when visitingDowntoEarthFoodyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Great place to go when visiting kids at Wash U and inviting a few friends. Fun atmosphere, lots of energy, tasty food and perfect for sharing. Margaritas very nice.Special Features:
- Some of our dishes took aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Some of our dishes took a little while to come out and drinks to get refilled but over all a good dining experienceSpecial Features: