Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
263 E. Whittier
Columbus, OH 43206Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barcelonacolumbus.com/
- Phone: 6144433699x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Bar open Monday - Friday; 11am - close, Saturday and Sunday; 5 pm - close. Patio Seating - Seasonal & First Come First Serve. There are no reservations taken for the patio.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jacob Hough
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Barcelona offers off-premise catering now through our new venture - Sidecar Global Catering. Please visit the Sidecar website at www.sidecarglobalcatering.com. For questions or booking your event, please call 614-425-4986.
- Private Party Facilities: Barcelona offers a semi-private area Sunday through Thursday accommodating from 10 to 65 guests. Larger groups can be accommodated during closed hours. Please contact a manager for more details and how we can accomodate your group.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Hawkins 6144433699x
- Entertainment: Live Music 7:00pm to 9:00pm, Sundays, no cover charge.
- Special Events: Barcelona features wine tastings, dinners and other special events throughout the year. Please see our events calendar on our website for more details.
A word from Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
Barcelona was designed to be one of the premier restaurants in Columbus offering a warm, inviting atmosphere, quality service & exciting cuisine. Barcelona’s goal is to be a driving force in the culinary landscape of Columbus. We work hard to present great atmosphere, incredible service, a warm environment & above all, wonderful food. To achieve these goals, every day we: bake all of our breads & desserts from scratch in our kitchen, serve only the freshest products & offer you daily entree specials competitively designed by our passionate & talented kitchen staff. We attribute our success to our service staff, unique, colorful individuals dedicated to exceeding your expectations. To keep the offerings at Barcelona on the cutting edge, we change our menu weekly reflecting the freshest & newest products available. An award winning wine list has been created to enhance the offerings of Barcelona. We hope you see the dedication of our staff each time you visit us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (198)fit for foodies (182)special occasion (177)neighborhood gem (156)romantic (146)notable wine list (98)good for groups (66)hot spot (66)vibrant bar scene (54)great for lunch (33)scenic view (28)late-night find (22)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Impressive place for out of townersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014I took my friends to Barcelona, both who have traveled to Spain, and they were blown away by the food! The service is always top notch, and if it isn't too warm outside I recommend the patio.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usual!ohcoyDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful, creative dishes & a very comfortable place to relaxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentpatioDined on 8/29/2014We sat on the patio and enjoyed several small plates. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLacilooDined on 8/29/2014Barcelona's food is divine. Although everything that I've had on the menu has been fantastic, try one of their paellas and you will not be disappointed. Service was excellent. Sit on the patio if the weather is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely patioShesheDined on 8/28/2014The lunch menu is great but the best part is the beautiful relaxing patio seatingSpecial Features:
- ChrisDined on 8/24/2014We love to go to Barcelona for special occasions with our two adult sons. We love the tapas, cheeses and chacuterie. The menu offers something for everyone who has a willingness to try something new. The outdoor garden is spectacular on a late August evening. The waiters are attentive but not intrusive. I love the red sangria!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerdinerDined on 8/24/2014The short ribs were tender and deliciously seasoned. The sour-dough bread was very good; the best I've eaten outside of the San Francisco area. The music by the Dwight Lenox Trio was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The wine and food were at once delicate, flavorful, and balanced. We were thrilled with the quality, value and beauty of this place. Can't wait to go back! If you have a sophisticate palette, you will absolutely love this place. And for an unforgettable cocktail, try the La Diablo (diabla?)... cilantro, tequila, and habanero at its best. One for the record books!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravisTravisDined on 8/24/2014Dined on the patio Sunday, 8/24. Excellent as always. Food was outstanding; I had the Chef's Tapas Tasting menu and it was a treat. John, our server, was knowledgeable, helpful, and thoroughly professional; he was very good. It remains the best patio in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasJayleeDined on 8/23/2014The recent Farm to Table tapas tasting was extraordinary. All choices were fantastic, we can't wait for the next event.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening out with friendsMRElliDined on 8/22/2014We took our friends to dinner as a thank you. This was their first time to Barcelona and it did not disappoint! At one time no one was talking because we were so "in awe" of our meals! The service was fantastic, the specialty drinks were fun and the meal... out of this world! The evening made for a wonderful time all together and a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exciting to try new thingsjazzgirlDined on 8/22/2014Every time I done here I have the opportunity to try new and interesting dishes. We tried 3 different salads - all great, hummus excellent as always. Short rib and scallop paella was wonderful. 5 stars not enough for the service we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableCbus22VIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a very enjoyable meal. Great place for foodies and for those who want something different.Special Features:
- Beautiful outdoor patioanne522Dined on 8/19/2014Great quiet spot in German Village neighborhood. Delicious salmon, chilled spiced peach soup, and shrimp capellini. Wines reasonably priced. Excellent service and nice ambience. Would recommend arriving early if you want to sit outdoors, it fills up quickly.Special Features:
- Farm to Plate WeekBzeezusVIPDined on 8/18/2014My Mom and I went to Barcelona for their Farm to Plate week and the food was delicious. I got the Farm to Plate tapas sampler which was so much food and a great value at $35. I had only been to Barcelona once before and didn't have a great experience (my Paella was so overcooked that the rice around the edge of the dish was hard and crunchy!) so I wanted to try it again. This time definitely redeemed my first experience. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Excellent food presentation, good service, wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:
- DinnerDebwinDined on 8/16/2014Great place to take your special someone! Great drink options and food is always done just right.Special Features:
- StephVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food is always amazing. The patio is lovely. The service is always top notch.Special Features:
- still great, maybe even betterMiamiConciergeVIPDined on 8/15/2014We dined on a very busy Saturday night. It has been several years since our last visit and we were not disappointed. As always, the ambiance was great. Barcelona is great choice for a date, gathering with friends, even a family dinner. The calamari has always been the best in town, since they opened many years ago. I think the tapas have actually gotten better since then, too. The chef's tasting menu is a treat, and it's fun to pair with cocktails and wine. Cocktails are well done. Table service from Mike T. is professional and unobtrusive, yet friendly. The chef really cares about food, and the owner cares about managing. We hope to return more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and romantic.TronomeDined on 8/12/2014It was the first time I went there with my guests. We dined outside. The atmospher was lovely. Staffs were friendly and nice. Dishes came out with a nice interval, no rush and no long wait. We kept enjoying conversation way after we finished dinner, but we felt very welcomed. The tables outside were nicely spaced, so it wasn't like rubbing shoulders with the people at the next table. The outdoor was lovely with plants and flowers. Although the restaurant is at the corner of a street and the parking lot of Giant Eagle across the street, I did not notice any noise of a traffic. Such a nice gem in the neighborhood !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Master classOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Nestled in Columbus' historic German Village, Barcelona achieves a hip and trendy vibe while sustaining a kitchen and menu worthy of an executive chef and sous-chef. The wait staff was very helpful in helping achieve the feel of an authentic Spanish meal by recommending we order between two and four Tapas (we ordered three: Jamón Serrano, Patatas Bravas, and Pastel de Cangrejo) for the table and then splitting the famed Vieras dish (scallops). The outdoor patio is positively scenic.Special Features:
- out of town visitorsRobbiDined on 8/8/2014Wow what a night! First of all thanks to Tim for being so sweet. We knew that it was going to be a great evening before we even sat down. What a great guy. Secondly you can't find a better patio in the city of Columbus. Now to the food, seriously some of the best food Columbus has to offer. Love love love Barcelona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barcelona outstandingPaoloDined on 8/6/2014Birthday celebration here could not have been better. Delicious food, caring service, lovely restaurant. Big thumbs up.Special Features:
- Never disappointsSTraxDined on 8/4/2014With the Columbus restaurant scene on fire, sometimes it is hard to choose that perfect dinner spot ... Barcelona is one of those rare places that never disappoints. Great for foodies, business dinners, and special occasions. The paella is superb, cocktails are made just right, and the wine list, especially by the glass, is great. So much to like that it is in our top 4 go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visitors welcomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This is a great place to take out of town guests; it highlights the diversity of the Columbus dining experience. My sister and her husband were visiting and I took them to Barcelona for their anniversary; they simply loved everything about it.Special Features:
- Pippin and StearnsLovegoodfoodDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by a local and we thoroughly enjoyed it! The service was excellent and the food was a true dining experience. We enjoyed sitting by the pond on the patio and will definitely visit here again the next time we're in Columbus.Special Features:
- Perfect evening!Luv2eatDined on 8/2/2014Great way to spend date night with the hubby. The patio is gorgeous and worth the wait (or go early). Our cocktails were fabulous and the food was phenomenal! I had the ribeye - huge portions, couldn't even eat half of it but great the next day. My husband got the scallops and was very impressed. We shared the Strawberry Rhubarb Bread Pudding and it was out of this world!! Great evening and will definitely return. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another gem in German VillageJSF22VIPDined on 8/1/2014Barcelona was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We chose it entirely based upon ratings on OpenTable and one other site, and it turns out that hundreds of people could not be wrong. The cocktails, food, and service all were terrific. Everyone in my large party liked everything they had. The Paella Barcelona isn't to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOSO!!tonitravelVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had a wonderful dining experience of appetizers and paella. The gambas ajillo , avocado with goat cheese, and the charcuterie platter were great starters before the Barcelona paella. Added to those fabulous flavors was white sangria. The only problem was that the paella came out before we had finished our appetizers. Do not order the paella until you are almost ready to eat it. We were told that it would take 30 minutes to cook but to our surprise it came out too early. The rice was done perfectly as were the mussels, clams, shrimp, chicken and chorizo. A satisfying night was enjoyed by all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouslyMegmu7Dined on 7/30/2014Great patio dining! Great Spanish food! Server was friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Meh....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014The food was underwhelming. I should have paid attention to reviews that said it was bland. Seriously. No flavor. Tapas were pedestrian. Steak was a poor cut and totally lacking in anything to recommend it. I wasn't going to complain but I had to take a call and while I was away from the table my husband did. The manager came over and while I was pretty much over the whole experience and just wanted to leave she basically forced me to get something else. It was uncomfortable although I know she was trying to make amends. Oh. And the server essentially said it was my fault for not understanding the cut of meat I ordered. Uh? Thanks for that?
- Awesome menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Restaurant week menu had something for everyone. Very good.Special Features:
- TERRIBLE WITH KIDSOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My child does not like just any food, so we go around town and try new 4 to 5 star restaurants. The place is pretty and the food ok, but they treated us terrible. My daughter wanted a dessert from a specialty menu, and the manager told our waiter " absolutely no" about purchasing the dessert from the specialty menu alone. We spent $250.00 in dinner for 3, but we could " absolutely not" have a dessert from a $30.00 set menu. Poor service, they dont know how to do business.
- underwhelmingdiner614Dined on 7/25/2014I was really looking forward to trying Barcelona, it is very well known in Columbus and came recommended by several friends. Unfortunately the appetizers (friend artichokes and tortilla corn chowder), and the entrée (chicken with risotto) were very bland. I expected a lot more flavor out of Spanish cuisine, I was shocked. And the desserts very unbalanced (coconut and banana cream pie and chocolate flan). There was nothing sweet at all in the banana cream pie and the caramel was the saltiest thing I ate all evening. The outdoor patio is lovely and the wine selection is good, but the food was not up to par.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in CBUS!youngprofessionalDined on 7/25/2014I have lived in Columbus, OH for three years and after trying many of the best restaurants in this city, I have not found a better overall fine dining experience. Whether dining here for business dinners or making a spur of the moment decision to dine with a date, I have always enjoyed an excellent meal and a good memory.Special Features:
- restaurant weekColumbusfoodieDined on 7/23/2014The atmosphere of the bar was very nice. However, after being seated and looking at our menus it took 25 minutes before anybody came to ask us what we would like to order. The salad I had was nice and the entree was decent. The dessert that I chose was the chocolate espresso flan. It was not up to par in my opinion. The texture was very rubbery and there was very very little flavor.Special Features:
- Memorable 10th Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014We were so happy to see a printed "Happy Anniversary" on the cover page of our menu! It made us feel like they had planned to host us and were pleased to do so in a very special way - offered us Champagne at the end of the night but we were delightfully full from a delicious meal. Thank you - we will be back!Special Features:
- An Enjoyable Restaurant Week Dinnermrbinky3000Dined on 7/23/2014A group of friends and made reservations here after discovering 614 Magazine's Restaurant Week. There is quite a bit of local hype about Barcelona and I'm pleased to say, the hype is not unwarranted. The food was everything we hoped for and the atmosphere was elegant. It was a fine dining experience. The Restaurant Week special included a small menu selection. We'll most likely come back to try the full menu in the future.Special Features:
- Great service from PatrickFoodfiendsDined on 7/22/2014Awesome food, great service and an overall fun place to dine with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night on TuesdayEsquaredDined on 7/22/2014I took my girlfriend on date during this past restaurant week. Upon arrival, we requested a seat on the patio and was informed we had to wait till a table opened up. As we were lead on to the patio, I realized it was worth the wait. The ambiance was great! It’s one of the best patios in Columbus. We both ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and was delighted by what we got. The starters were tasty and sufficient. I highly encourage you to order the goat cheese stuffed avocado if they have it. Our entrees were large and filling. I had the Cerdo which was one of the better pork loins I have ever had. Desert was indeed another palate pleasing experience. For the price, it’s hard to beat. We got a lot of great food for a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.