Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
263 E. Whittier
Columbus, OH 43206Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barcelonacolumbus.com/
- Phone: 6144433699x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Bar open Monday - Friday; 11am - close, Saturday and Sunday; 5 pm - close. Patio Seating - Seasonal & First Come First Serve. There are no reservations taken for the patio.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jacob Hough
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Barcelona offers off-premise catering now through our new venture - Sidecar Global Catering. Please visit the Sidecar website at www.sidecarglobalcatering.com. For questions or booking your event, please call 614-425-4986.
- Private Party Facilities: Barcelona offers a semi-private area Sunday through Thursday accommodating from 10 to 65 guests. Larger groups can be accommodated during closed hours. Please contact a manager for more details and how we can accomodate your group.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Hawkins 6144433699x
- Entertainment: Live Music 7:00pm to 9:00pm, Sundays, no cover charge.
- Special Events: Barcelona features wine tastings, dinners and other special events throughout the year. Please see our events calendar on our website for more details.
A word from Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
Barcelona was designed to be one of the premier restaurants in Columbus offering a warm, inviting atmosphere, quality service & exciting cuisine. Barcelona’s goal is to be a driving force in the culinary landscape of Columbus. We work hard to present great atmosphere, incredible service, a warm environment & above all, wonderful food. To achieve these goals, every day we: bake all of our breads & desserts from scratch in our kitchen, serve only the freshest products & offer you daily entree specials competitively designed by our passionate & talented kitchen staff. We attribute our success to our service staff, unique, colorful individuals dedicated to exceeding your expectations. To keep the offerings at Barcelona on the cutting edge, we change our menu weekly reflecting the freshest & newest products available. An award winning wine list has been created to enhance the offerings of Barcelona. We hope you see the dedication of our staff each time you visit us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (183)great for outdoor dining (180)fit for foodies (173)neighborhood gem (154)romantic (134)notable wine list (100)good for groups (61)hot spot (60)vibrant bar scene (41)great for lunch (34)scenic view (25)late-night find (19)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Pre-concert dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Invited 2 couples to join us for dinner before the Fleetwood Mac concert and everyone had a great dinner. We've dined there several times before, but this was a first for the other couples and they loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent server.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014There for anniversary. Most personable waiters/waitresses would ask why you're here. They did not not. Not familiar with Spanish food but the salmon was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableHungry4MoreDined on 10/17/2014Barcelona is a great spot for dinner with family and or friends. The staff is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The service and the place were very good, but the food terrible!!! The paella was horrible. I am so sorry but you have no idea what Spanish food is.
- Celebrationluv4foodVIPDined on 10/16/2014We celebrated a birthday and had a fabulous meal, with a fantastic free desert for the birthday girl! They have a wonderful menu with a wide variety of foods including entrees and tapas. We will definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Columbus' Best!PhotographerGoneWildDined on 10/16/2014Food, ambience, service . . . all first rate. One would be hard pressed to find a better restaurant in Columbus (or anywhere). A real Gem! The shrimp appetizer is one of the top five we've had anywhere, including Le Bernardin in NYC (the Gold Standard).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in ColumbusLizSDined on 10/10/2014We love Barcelona! Our waiter John was wonderful and the food - incredible! My new favorite Pan Seared Duck Foie Gras on Carrot Cake French Toast with Bourbon Apple Chutney. We are from Chicago and feel that Barcelona could stand up to any Restaurant there. Love the pistachio orange cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner!KelsraeDined on 10/6/2014my roommate and I live in German Village so we tried Barcelona for her birthday. The interior is beautiful, the service was professional, and the food was outstanding. Perfect for a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful music and fooddinerDined on 10/5/2014The musical sound of the Dwight Lenox Trio was an added plus to the meal. The Budin de Pan (savory bread pudding) on the special menu list was delicious; the flavors of the ingredients (onions, mushrooms, rosemary, blue cheese, cranberry) were well-balanced without overwhelm one over another. In addition, the Berenjena Enrollado (baked eggplant roll) was excellently created.Special Features:
- Great place, very good foodDindinDined on 10/4/2014First time there and we celebrated a birthday. Very cool artwork and great ambiance. Food and service were both great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerKelsDined on 10/4/2014Barcelona Restaurant is my favorite restaurant. I have been celebrating my birthday at Barcelona for 10 years. I love it. Great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- BarcelonaTjshaffeDined on 10/3/2014Food was excellent, wine list was exceptional and the service was fantastic. As per usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyvaradDined on 10/3/2014Great food, wonderful service...what more can you ask for. we had a party that kept growing...Barcelona did a great job accomodating that. I felt so bad our count was off and our group ended up being really to large for area. Barcelona did a great job making it work. Thank you!Special Features:
- Delicious food, pleasant settinglike2dineDined on 10/3/2014For many years, Barcelona Restaurant has been one of our favorite venues for dining with friends. Items on the menu are well executed, not run-of-the-mill. The patio is one of the most delightful in the city, and the interior dining area also is pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, wine service needs worklioyfgDined on 10/1/2014Overall a good experience. Food was very solid. Duck paella was especially good as were the scallops. Level of service was very good except for how they handled our wine. I brought in an old and expensive bottle and had it decanted. The waiter obviously poured it straight into the decanter very quickly and without a strainer.Special Features:
- dougDined on 10/1/2014First time for lunch and it didn't disappoint. Food and ambiance were terrific. The only problem was going back inside after an hour on the patioSpecial Features:
- Not up to the reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014First time there and was disappointed. Great ambiance on the patio. But food was nothing special. For the four of us and a $200 bill we can do better in Columbus.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!FineDiningForMeDined on 9/20/2014We had a great time at the Barcelona Restaurant. The Food was divine, and the service was first rate. We are planning to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great paella!BBfoodieDined on 9/19/2014We went to Barcelona for our anniversary the food and service were wonderful. Our waiter explained the menu very well and helped us pick complimentary wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for non-adventurous eaters!feedmeDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I brought our parents here to introduce them to great food they wouldn't normally try (read: anything except American, Italian, and Greek.) They LOVED it and were raving about it into the next day. Great wine list, delicious food, and a patio to die for! We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Second time going for our anniversary and my birthday. We just love the food and the combinations that they put together, just amaze us. Things we wouldn't normally eat become delicious entree's. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding, as usual.partyofoneandthensomeVIPDined on 9/16/2014This was my third time at Barcelona, and it never fails to impress. I've gone with a couple friends, or taken clients here for business dinners--either way, everyone has been more than pleased with the service, the space, and--most of all--the food. The tasting menu is a great option for trying 9-10 dishes in one meal, but there's plenty to order from the traditional menu as well. The desserts are especially good, and the restaurant boasts an exceptional cocktail and wine list, too. Don't go to Columbus without checking it out--you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfull patio dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We celebrated a milestone birthday at lunch and the staff was just as celebratory and fun, and they gave the BD girl a free choice of dessert. The desserts we all had were really good. our entrees were a bit disappointing- the paella was soupy, the pasta flavored so heavily with garlic that it was the only flavor we could taste. The deviled eggs were yummy, but the rest of the tapas were ok. we got the sampler plate - hummas too garlicky- the other items not noteworthy. I would give it a try at dinner in hopes of getting a different chef. the ambiance is wonderful and inside the restuarant is filled with local art and beautiful wood and decor. Truly a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenTDined on 9/14/2014Very enjoyable meal! Dishes a bit overpriced but that's typical for restaurants of this type. Our server was spot on, timely in her removal of plates, replacing flatware. Food was very tasty. The small plates are indeed that: small. Two people could share but each will have only a bite or two. For $7-$14 this is not a deal! However, the ambiance and service were worth a pricey night out. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Columbus best!G8diningDined on 9/14/2014Everything was just fantastic! Great martini , excellent wine and a menu for everyone in the group. Patrick was very good and made the visit and birthday celebration a memorable evening. Great food and perfect outside area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experience!AmandaHDined on 9/13/2014I have never experienced so may different flavors and types of dishes as I did the night we went to Barcelona. It's been years since I have enjoyed eating out so much. Usually when you eat out everything tastes somewhat the same, nothing stands out as different from your last dish. It all has a common theme, which is okay sometimes. Not here. Every tapas dish has it's own unique pop from a different region or flavor palate. We loved this place! The chorizos and meats were exciting, to die for. The seafood was perfectly, impeccably cooked. The outdoor patio was also gorgeous. I felt like we left Columbus for a while.Special Features:
- ExcellentspanishbornDined on 9/13/2014Excellent Spanish food and ambiance. Beautiful restaurant. Excellent service. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaellaOoolalaDined on 9/13/2014We ordered 2 paellas, one with short ribs and brussells sprouts, and the vegetarian. We requested that chorizo be added to the vegetarian (we're not strict vegetarians) and they were happy to comply. Both were delicious. My companions chose the spinach salad for a starter and they loved it. I had the chilled peach soup and it was amazing. Service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceStanrDined on 9/13/2014Our table server was extremely attentive and very knowledgeable regarding the menu and wine list. We selected the chef's daily tapas special and the curry seafood paella, both of which were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday dinnerSarah3030Dined on 9/13/2014A friend and I headed to Barcelona to celebrate my birthday. It was my first visit there and I'm happy to report a perfect night! Our server, Marco, made great recommdations and timed our tapas dishes perfectly. Every item was perfect, excellent ingredients and simply prepared. Loved the night out there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Probably one of the best meals I have ever had in C-bus!!Special Features:
- love2enjoyDined on 9/9/2014At age 73, I've been to a lot of fine dining places. This was the best experience I ever had. Five star all the way.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindFoodie88Dined on 9/7/2014The decor and ambiance of the restaurant was impressive. The wine and cocktail menu was extensive. I ordered the Paella Barcelona which was decent, but on my next visit I would opt for the tapas which the restaurant is known for. Overall the experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice and uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Ample seating. Great outdoor patio, almost completely covered. Beautifully decorated patio with plants. Good presentation of food. Good menu selection (food, drinks, desserts).Special Features:
- Second time aroundJessicaDined on 9/6/2014This was our second time dining and we were so excited to return but we were underwhelmed with the food. Karla our waitress was wonderful, she was friendly, and not overbearing with information. We ordered the avocado with goat cheese appetizer because we loved it last time but we felt like we could make it at home slapping some goat cheese on a cut up avocado. My tuna salad was not good so I exchanged for a caesar with salmon, much better but realistically not $16 worthy. My husband did enjoy his paella again and I had a few bites but for some reason nothing was as good as it was the first time around. Perhaps we were expecting too much?Special Features:
- Food/Service great. Bathroom yuck.KatebutlerslpDined on 9/4/2014Food was outstanding. Service outstanding. Private flamenco event resulted in insufficient and gross bathroom facilities and obnoxious noise for people not involved in event. I will return....but only on a night they aren't having part of the restaurant blocked off for this kind of event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectemptynestdiningDined on 9/3/2014This is the fourth time in six months that we have been to this restaurant. We absolutely love it. The patio is exquisite and is so beautiful and relaxing that it just puts you in a perfect mood from the moment that you are seated. The service is outstanding. Each time we have been there our servers have gone above and beyond to make our dining experience outstanding. The food is second to none in taste and presentation. I would highly recommend Barcelona to anyone and everyone. There is eating, and there is having a dining experience. Barcelona is definitely a dining experience. Go go go - you will never be dissappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Barcelona is a great local place. It has a nice patio, a good bar, and a large wine list. The food is excellent, but we normally go for the tapas menus. They change often are well priced and always give you a variety of interesting options. If I just want a single meal, the paella is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been Here Twice. Always Good.AmicusDined on 9/2/2014The first time I went here, I went in a large group, and the second time I just went with a friend. The food was exceent both times. The service was perfect. I had the "7-Course" Tapas for $35, and it was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive place for out of townersnick0326Dined on 8/31/2014I took my friends to Barcelona, both who have traveled to Spain, and they were blown away by the food! The service is always top notch, and if it isn't too warm outside I recommend the patio.Special Features: