Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
263 E. Whittier
Columbus, OH 43206Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barcelonacolumbus.com/
- Phone: (614) 443-3699
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Bar open Monday - Friday; 11am - close, Saturday and Sunday; 5 pm - close. Patio Seating - Seasonal & First Come First Serve. There are no reservations taken for the patio.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jacob Hough
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Barcelona offers off-premise catering now through our new venture - Sidecar Global Catering. Please visit the Sidecar website at www.sidecarglobalcatering.com. For questions or booking your event, please call 614-425-4986.
- Private Party Facilities: Barcelona offers a semi-private area Sunday through Thursday accommodating from 10 to 65 guests. Larger groups can be accommodated during closed hours. Please contact a manager for more details and how we can accomodate your group.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Hawkins 6144433699x
- Entertainment: Live Music 7:00pm to 9:00pm, Sundays, no cover charge.
- Special Events: Barcelona features wine tastings, dinners and other special events throughout the year. Please see our events calendar on our website for more details.
A word from Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
Barcelona was designed to be one of the premier restaurants in Columbus offering a warm, inviting atmosphere, quality service & exciting cuisine. Barcelona’s goal is to be a driving force in the culinary landscape of Columbus. We work hard to present great atmosphere, incredible service, a warm environment & above all, wonderful food. To achieve these goals, every day we: bake all of our breads & desserts from scratch in our kitchen, serve only the freshest products & offer you daily entree specials competitively designed by our passionate & talented kitchen staff. We attribute our success to our service staff, unique, colorful individuals dedicated to exceeding your expectations. To keep the offerings at Barcelona on the cutting edge, we change our menu weekly reflecting the freshest & newest products available. An award winning wine list has been created to enhance the offerings of Barcelona. We hope you see the dedication of our staff each time you visit us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)fit for foodies (135)great for outdoor dining (131)neighborhood gem (127)romantic (104)notable wine list (84)good for groups (56)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (32)great for lunch (25)scenic view (17)late-night find (16)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014My (now) wife and I had our first date at Barcelona. It was an easy choice for the location of our fourth anniversary. The meals are always top notch, the service is excellent, and we will be going there for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chemo sensitiveAppreciativeDined on 11/22/2014We took a friend fighting cancer and going through chemo. He is very sensitive to spicy foods and ordered a dish much more spicy than he could handle. The waitress offered to return the dish and substitute it for something else at no charge. We appreciated the offer and hope we can take him there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Our dining experience was very good but what made it better was the live music. It was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restuarant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014Been here many times through the years...great atmosphere, beautiful patio for the summer, always, always excellent food!!Special Features:
- Awesome Restaurant!Peach14Dined on 11/7/2014Great place to eat, good food especially the paella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014The entrees were great (had the scallops and steak) paella was really good and the tapas were mixed. Mussels were phenomenal. I don't like Brussels sprouts but the Brussels sprout salad was delicious. Overall good experience. Definitely pricey. Sangria was way too sweet and juicy for me.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Everything about our dinner was excellent! Especially our server Layla. Very attentive to our entire party and particularly my 9 month old niece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, alwayswwdwwDined on 11/1/2014One of my favorite Columbus restaurants, they never fail to provide excellent service and a fantastic meal. And, their bread service is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I left there hungryAinthard2pleezeDined on 10/31/2014Ordered the tapas and found out you get a bite or two of each item on the list, a bit misleading in my opinion. My wife ordered one of there bland,mostly rice with some seafood paellas' and i finished it for her. Did i mention it was bland? The tapas was very tasty, however it was time for some White Castles afterward. Paid a little over $100 for our dinner and needed more to eat.Special Features:
- dinersdinersDined on 10/30/2014Great restaurant...we have visited several times and have taken groups there for good food and good wine.Special Features:
- Always something special...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014Go to Barcelona on special occasions with that special date. Finn was our waiter and he proved excellent. Food was outstanding and loved the diversity of the $35 Tapa Tasting choice. Finn was knowledgeable of the menu when questioned by my date. Only misstep I encountered was that I had requested a table in the back, preferably against the wall on the Barcelona web site; when initially seated the hostess put us in first available open table in the front. I then asked for a table in back and she complied. Always enjoy your restaurant, Wednesday was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceprofesoraDined on 10/26/2014Our server was outstanding, completely responsive, someone who genuinely was helpful to our party that included an elderly, very picky person. The food, however, was uneven. We ordered several of the tapas from a special menu, and two were disappointments. The octopus was too salty and nearly burnt. The scallops atop some biscuits were poorly conceived, as the biscuits were so dry and crumbly that you couldn't eat them with a fork, and they screamed out for sauce. We ordered different paellas, and one-- the one with duck-- was blah, mono-flavored, hardly any meat or interest. Dessert was fabulous though-- fantastic, memorable cheesecake! One of the best I've ever tasted. Definitely a mixed bag the Sunday night we were there.Special Features:
- Always fabulous!shealsoloves2cookDined on 10/22/2014I have always enjoyed dining in the inviting ambiance that is uniquely Barcelona and the menu never disappoints. Cocktails are always perfect and the valet parking is terrific, too. My favorite spot in Columbus!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014i go to a restaurant to relax, not to be bombarded with work when I come home! This is for ALL restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barcelona DiningdinerDined on 10/19/2014The tapas tasting menu is an enjoyable way to try different small dishes. The menu changes so one may miss a particularly scrumptious dish from a different month. The Sunday Jazz is another wonderful treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dinnerBeyeDined on 10/19/2014Invited 2 couples to join us for dinner before the Fleetwood Mac concert and everyone had a great dinner. We've dined there several times before, but this was a first for the other couples and they loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent server.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014There for anniversary. Most personable waiters/waitresses would ask why you're here. They did not not. Not familiar with Spanish food but the salmon was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableHungry4MoreDined on 10/17/2014Barcelona is a great spot for dinner with family and or friends. The staff is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The service and the place were very good, but the food terrible!!! The paella was horrible. I am so sorry but you have no idea what Spanish food is.
- Celebrationluv4foodVIPDined on 10/16/2014We celebrated a birthday and had a fabulous meal, with a fantastic free desert for the birthday girl! They have a wonderful menu with a wide variety of foods including entrees and tapas. We will definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Columbus' Best!PhotographerGoneWildDined on 10/16/2014Food, ambience, service . . . all first rate. One would be hard pressed to find a better restaurant in Columbus (or anywhere). A real Gem! The shrimp appetizer is one of the top five we've had anywhere, including Le Bernardin in NYC (the Gold Standard).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in ColumbusLizSDined on 10/10/2014We love Barcelona! Our waiter John was wonderful and the food - incredible! My new favorite Pan Seared Duck Foie Gras on Carrot Cake French Toast with Bourbon Apple Chutney. We are from Chicago and feel that Barcelona could stand up to any Restaurant there. Love the pistachio orange cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner!KelsraeDined on 10/6/2014my roommate and I live in German Village so we tried Barcelona for her birthday. The interior is beautiful, the service was professional, and the food was outstanding. Perfect for a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful music and fooddinerDined on 10/5/2014The musical sound of the Dwight Lenox Trio was an added plus to the meal. The Budin de Pan (savory bread pudding) on the special menu list was delicious; the flavors of the ingredients (onions, mushrooms, rosemary, blue cheese, cranberry) were well-balanced without overwhelm one over another. In addition, the Berenjena Enrollado (baked eggplant roll) was excellently created.Special Features:
- Great place, very good foodDindinDined on 10/4/2014First time there and we celebrated a birthday. Very cool artwork and great ambiance. Food and service were both great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerKelsDined on 10/4/2014Barcelona Restaurant is my favorite restaurant. I have been celebrating my birthday at Barcelona for 10 years. I love it. Great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- BarcelonaTjshaffeVIPDined on 10/3/2014Food was excellent, wine list was exceptional and the service was fantastic. As per usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyvaradDined on 10/3/2014Great food, wonderful service...what more can you ask for. we had a party that kept growing...Barcelona did a great job accomodating that. I felt so bad our count was off and our group ended up being really to large for area. Barcelona did a great job making it work. Thank you!Special Features:
- Delicious food, pleasant settinglike2dineDined on 10/3/2014For many years, Barcelona Restaurant has been one of our favorite venues for dining with friends. Items on the menu are well executed, not run-of-the-mill. The patio is one of the most delightful in the city, and the interior dining area also is pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, wine service needs worklioyfgDined on 10/1/2014Overall a good experience. Food was very solid. Duck paella was especially good as were the scallops. Level of service was very good except for how they handled our wine. I brought in an old and expensive bottle and had it decanted. The waiter obviously poured it straight into the decanter very quickly and without a strainer.Special Features:
- dougDined on 10/1/2014First time for lunch and it didn't disappoint. Food and ambiance were terrific. The only problem was going back inside after an hour on the patioSpecial Features:
- Not up to the reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014First time there and was disappointed. Great ambiance on the patio. But food was nothing special. For the four of us and a $200 bill we can do better in Columbus.Special Features:
- Our favorite patio!DrKLKBDined on 9/27/2014We love dining outdoors and Barcelona's patio is the best around! We dined with friends and they have small children - the kids were fascinated by the small pond with fish and someone even brought pellets out for the kids to feed the fish. The meal was outstanding and we will absolutely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!FineDiningForMeDined on 9/20/2014We had a great time at the Barcelona Restaurant. The Food was divine, and the service was first rate. We are planning to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great paella!BBfoodieDined on 9/19/2014We went to Barcelona for our anniversary the food and service were wonderful. Our waiter explained the menu very well and helped us pick complimentary wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit outsidecommonmanDined on 9/19/2014The outside patio is prefect, great atmosphere and beautiful plants everywhere. The charcuterie was very good and the server was extremely helpful even though we end up getting the sampler. Dinner and drinks we're great, I love their seasonal drink and food menu.Special Features:
- Great for non-adventurous eaters!feedmeDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I brought our parents here to introduce them to great food they wouldn't normally try (read: anything except American, Italian, and Greek.) They LOVED it and were raving about it into the next day. Great wine list, delicious food, and a patio to die for! We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellenthappy15thanniversaryDined on 9/19/2014Second time going for our anniversary and my birthday. We just love the food and the combinations that they put together, just amaze us. Things we wouldn't normally eat become delicious entree's. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding, as usual.partyofoneandthensomeVIPDined on 9/16/2014This was my third time at Barcelona, and it never fails to impress. I've gone with a couple friends, or taken clients here for business dinners--either way, everyone has been more than pleased with the service, the space, and--most of all--the food. The tasting menu is a great option for trying 9-10 dishes in one meal, but there's plenty to order from the traditional menu as well. The desserts are especially good, and the restaurant boasts an exceptional cocktail and wine list, too. Don't go to Columbus without checking it out--you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfull patio dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We celebrated a milestone birthday at lunch and the staff was just as celebratory and fun, and they gave the BD girl a free choice of dessert. The desserts we all had were really good. our entrees were a bit disappointing- the paella was soupy, the pasta flavored so heavily with garlic that it was the only flavor we could taste. The deviled eggs were yummy, but the rest of the tapas were ok. we got the sampler plate - hummas too garlicky- the other items not noteworthy. I would give it a try at dinner in hopes of getting a different chef. the ambiance is wonderful and inside the restuarant is filled with local art and beautiful wood and decor. Truly a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.