Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
263 E. Whittier
Columbus, OH 43206Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barcelonacolumbus.com/
- Phone: 6144433699x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Bar open Monday - Friday; 11am - close, Saturday and Sunday; 5 pm - close. Patio Seating - Seasonal & First Come First Serve. There are no reservations taken for the patio.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jacob Hough
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Barcelona offers off-premise catering now through our new venture - Sidecar Global Catering. Please visit the Sidecar website at www.sidecarglobalcatering.com. For questions or booking your event, please call 614-425-4986.
- Private Party Facilities: Barcelona offers a semi-private area Sunday through Thursday accommodating from 10 to 65 guests. Larger groups can be accommodated during closed hours. Please contact a manager for more details and how we can accomodate your group.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Hawkins 6144433699x
- Entertainment: Live Music 7:00pm to 9:00pm, Sundays, no cover charge.
- Special Events: Barcelona features wine tastings, dinners and other special events throughout the year. Please see our events calendar on our website for more details.
A word from Barcelona Restaurant & Bar
Barcelona was designed to be one of the premier restaurants in Columbus offering a warm, inviting atmosphere, quality service & exciting cuisine. Barcelona’s goal is to be a driving force in the culinary landscape of Columbus. We work hard to present great atmosphere, incredible service, a warm environment & above all, wonderful food. To achieve these goals, every day we: bake all of our breads & desserts from scratch in our kitchen, serve only the freshest products & offer you daily entree specials competitively designed by our passionate & talented kitchen staff. We attribute our success to our service staff, unique, colorful individuals dedicated to exceeding your expectations. To keep the offerings at Barcelona on the cutting edge, we change our menu weekly reflecting the freshest & newest products available. An award winning wine list has been created to enhance the offerings of Barcelona. We hope you see the dedication of our staff each time you visit us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Barcelona Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (195)fit for foodies (181)special occasion (177)neighborhood gem (153)romantic (140)notable wine list (96)hot spot (61)good for groups (55)vibrant bar scene (49)great for lunch (31)scenic view (28)late-night find (21)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Wonderfull patio dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We celebrated a milestone birthday at lunch and the staff was just as celebratory and fun, and they gave the BD girl a free choice of dessert. The desserts we all had were really good. our entrees were a bit disappointing- the paella was soupy, the pasta flavored so heavily with garlic that it was the only flavor we could taste. The deviled eggs were yummy, but the rest of the tapas were ok. we got the sampler plate - hummas too garlicky- the other items not noteworthy. I would give it a try at dinner in hopes of getting a different chef. the ambiance is wonderful and inside the restuarant is filled with local art and beautiful wood and decor. Truly a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Columbus best!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014Everything was just fantastic! Great martini , excellent wine and a menu for everyone in the group. Patrick was very good and made the visit and birthday celebration a memorable evening. Great food and perfect outside area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experience!AmandaHDined on 9/13/2014I have never experienced so may different flavors and types of dishes as I did the night we went to Barcelona. It's been years since I have enjoyed eating out so much. Usually when you eat out everything tastes somewhat the same, nothing stands out as different from your last dish. It all has a common theme, which is okay sometimes. Not here. Every tapas dish has it's own unique pop from a different region or flavor palate. We loved this place! The chorizos and meats were exciting, to die for. The seafood was perfectly, impeccably cooked. The outdoor patio was also gorgeous. I felt like we left Columbus for a while.Special Features:
- ExcellentspanishbornDined on 9/13/2014Excellent Spanish food and ambiance. Beautiful restaurant. Excellent service. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaellaOoolalaDined on 9/13/2014We ordered 2 paellas, one with short ribs and brussells sprouts, and the vegetarian. We requested that chorizo be added to the vegetarian (we're not strict vegetarians) and they were happy to comply. Both were delicious. My companions chose the spinach salad for a starter and they loved it. I had the chilled peach soup and it was amazing. Service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceStanrDined on 9/13/2014Our table server was extremely attentive and very knowledgeable regarding the menu and wine list. We selected the chef's daily tapas special and the curry seafood paella, both of which were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday dinnerSarah3030Dined on 9/13/2014A friend and I headed to Barcelona to celebrate my birthday. It was my first visit there and I'm happy to report a perfect night! Our server, Marco, made great recommdations and timed our tapas dishes perfectly. Every item was perfect, excellent ingredients and simply prepared. Loved the night out there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Probably one of the best meals I have ever had in C-bus!!Special Features:
- love2enjoyDined on 9/9/2014At age 73, I've been to a lot of fine dining places. This was the best experience I ever had. Five star all the way.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindFoodie88Dined on 9/7/2014The decor and ambiance of the restaurant was impressive. The wine and cocktail menu was extensive. I ordered the Paella Barcelona which was decent, but on my next visit I would opt for the tapas which the restaurant is known for. Overall the experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice and uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Ample seating. Great outdoor patio, almost completely covered. Beautifully decorated patio with plants. Good presentation of food. Good menu selection (food, drinks, desserts).Special Features:
- Second time aroundJessicaDined on 9/6/2014This was our second time dining and we were so excited to return but we were underwhelmed with the food. Karla our waitress was wonderful, she was friendly, and not overbearing with information. We ordered the avocado with goat cheese appetizer because we loved it last time but we felt like we could make it at home slapping some goat cheese on a cut up avocado. My tuna salad was not good so I exchanged for a caesar with salmon, much better but realistically not $16 worthy. My husband did enjoy his paella again and I had a few bites but for some reason nothing was as good as it was the first time around. Perhaps we were expecting too much?Special Features:
- Food/Service great. Bathroom yuck.KatebutlerslpDined on 9/4/2014Food was outstanding. Service outstanding. Private flamenco event resulted in insufficient and gross bathroom facilities and obnoxious noise for people not involved in event. I will return....but only on a night they aren't having part of the restaurant blocked off for this kind of event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectemptynestdiningDined on 9/3/2014This is the fourth time in six months that we have been to this restaurant. We absolutely love it. The patio is exquisite and is so beautiful and relaxing that it just puts you in a perfect mood from the moment that you are seated. The service is outstanding. Each time we have been there our servers have gone above and beyond to make our dining experience outstanding. The food is second to none in taste and presentation. I would highly recommend Barcelona to anyone and everyone. There is eating, and there is having a dining experience. Barcelona is definitely a dining experience. Go go go - you will never be dissappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Barcelona is a great local place. It has a nice patio, a good bar, and a large wine list. The food is excellent, but we normally go for the tapas menus. They change often are well priced and always give you a variety of interesting options. If I just want a single meal, the paella is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been Here Twice. Always Good.AmicusDined on 9/2/2014The first time I went here, I went in a large group, and the second time I just went with a friend. The food was exceent both times. The service was perfect. I had the "7-Course" Tapas for $35, and it was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive place for out of townersnick0326Dined on 8/31/2014I took my friends to Barcelona, both who have traveled to Spain, and they were blown away by the food! The service is always top notch, and if it isn't too warm outside I recommend the patio.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usual!ohcoyDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful, creative dishes & a very comfortable place to relaxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentpatioDined on 8/29/2014We sat on the patio and enjoyed several small plates. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLacilooDined on 8/29/2014Barcelona's food is divine. Although everything that I've had on the menu has been fantastic, try one of their paellas and you will not be disappointed. Service was excellent. Sit on the patio if the weather is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely patioShesheDined on 8/28/2014The lunch menu is great but the best part is the beautiful relaxing patio seatingSpecial Features:
- ChrisDined on 8/24/2014We love to go to Barcelona for special occasions with our two adult sons. We love the tapas, cheeses and chacuterie. The menu offers something for everyone who has a willingness to try something new. The outdoor garden is spectacular on a late August evening. The waiters are attentive but not intrusive. I love the red sangria!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerdinerDined on 8/24/2014The short ribs were tender and deliciously seasoned. The sour-dough bread was very good; the best I've eaten outside of the San Francisco area. The music by the Dwight Lenox Trio was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The wine and food were at once delicate, flavorful, and balanced. We were thrilled with the quality, value and beauty of this place. Can't wait to go back! If you have a sophisticate palette, you will absolutely love this place. And for an unforgettable cocktail, try the La Diablo (diabla?)... cilantro, tequila, and habanero at its best. One for the record books!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravisTravisDined on 8/24/2014Dined on the patio Sunday, 8/24. Excellent as always. Food was outstanding; I had the Chef's Tapas Tasting menu and it was a treat. John, our server, was knowledgeable, helpful, and thoroughly professional; he was very good. It remains the best patio in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasJayleeDined on 8/23/2014The recent Farm to Table tapas tasting was extraordinary. All choices were fantastic, we can't wait for the next event.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening out with friendsMRElliDined on 8/22/2014We took our friends to dinner as a thank you. This was their first time to Barcelona and it did not disappoint! At one time no one was talking because we were so "in awe" of our meals! The service was fantastic, the specialty drinks were fun and the meal... out of this world! The evening made for a wonderful time all together and a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exciting to try new thingsjazzgirlDined on 8/22/2014Every time I done here I have the opportunity to try new and interesting dishes. We tried 3 different salads - all great, hummus excellent as always. Short rib and scallop paella was wonderful. 5 stars not enough for the service we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableCbus22VIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a very enjoyable meal. Great place for foodies and for those who want something different.Special Features:
- Beautiful outdoor patioanne522VIPDined on 8/19/2014Great quiet spot in German Village neighborhood. Delicious salmon, chilled spiced peach soup, and shrimp capellini. Wines reasonably priced. Excellent service and nice ambience. Would recommend arriving early if you want to sit outdoors, it fills up quickly.Special Features:
- Farm to Plate WeekBzeezusVIPDined on 8/18/2014My Mom and I went to Barcelona for their Farm to Plate week and the food was delicious. I got the Farm to Plate tapas sampler which was so much food and a great value at $35. I had only been to Barcelona once before and didn't have a great experience (my Paella was so overcooked that the rice around the edge of the dish was hard and crunchy!) so I wanted to try it again. This time definitely redeemed my first experience. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Excellent food presentation, good service, wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:
- DinnerDebwinDined on 8/16/2014Great place to take your special someone! Great drink options and food is always done just right.Special Features:
- StephVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food is always amazing. The patio is lovely. The service is always top notch.Special Features:
- still great, maybe even betterMiamiConciergeVIPDined on 8/15/2014We dined on a very busy Saturday night. It has been several years since our last visit and we were not disappointed. As always, the ambiance was great. Barcelona is great choice for a date, gathering with friends, even a family dinner. The calamari has always been the best in town, since they opened many years ago. I think the tapas have actually gotten better since then, too. The chef's tasting menu is a treat, and it's fun to pair with cocktails and wine. Cocktails are well done. Table service from Mike T. is professional and unobtrusive, yet friendly. The chef really cares about food, and the owner cares about managing. We hope to return more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and romantic.TronomeDined on 8/12/2014It was the first time I went there with my guests. We dined outside. The atmospher was lovely. Staffs were friendly and nice. Dishes came out with a nice interval, no rush and no long wait. We kept enjoying conversation way after we finished dinner, but we felt very welcomed. The tables outside were nicely spaced, so it wasn't like rubbing shoulders with the people at the next table. The outdoor was lovely with plants and flowers. Although the restaurant is at the corner of a street and the parking lot of Giant Eagle across the street, I did not notice any noise of a traffic. Such a nice gem in the neighborhood !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Master classOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Nestled in Columbus' historic German Village, Barcelona achieves a hip and trendy vibe while sustaining a kitchen and menu worthy of an executive chef and sous-chef. The wait staff was very helpful in helping achieve the feel of an authentic Spanish meal by recommending we order between two and four Tapas (we ordered three: Jamón Serrano, Patatas Bravas, and Pastel de Cangrejo) for the table and then splitting the famed Vieras dish (scallops). The outdoor patio is positively scenic.Special Features:
- out of town visitorsRobbiDined on 8/8/2014Wow what a night! First of all thanks to Tim for being so sweet. We knew that it was going to be a great evening before we even sat down. What a great guy. Secondly you can't find a better patio in the city of Columbus. Now to the food, seriously some of the best food Columbus has to offer. Love love love Barcelona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barcelona outstandingPaoloDined on 8/6/2014Birthday celebration here could not have been better. Delicious food, caring service, lovely restaurant. Big thumbs up.Special Features:
- Never disappointsSTraxDined on 8/4/2014With the Columbus restaurant scene on fire, sometimes it is hard to choose that perfect dinner spot ... Barcelona is one of those rare places that never disappoints. Great for foodies, business dinners, and special occasions. The paella is superb, cocktails are made just right, and the wine list, especially by the glass, is great. So much to like that it is in our top 4 go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.