126 S. Broadway
Pitman, NJ 08071Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barcelonabistro.net/
- Phone: 8562702352
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00am - 4:00pm,
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Personal wines welcome
A word from Barcelona Bistro
Located in the heart of Pitman our restaurant serves authentic Spanish-Mediterranean cuisine in an informal bistro setting. Our carefully crafted menu, impeccable service, and elegant, yet cozy, atmosphere brings the best of Spain to your dining experience. Our constantly-evolving menu is based on the freshest ingredients available. At the same time, we make sure to offer the traditional favorites with a consistency that our guests can rely on. Barcelona Bistro is BYOB.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barcelona Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- NOT OPENmarnic02Dined on 5/13/2014Reserved a table for two on open table. Our reservation was confirmed through e-mail from open table. When we arrived at the restaurant much to our disappointment, the restaurant was CLOSED!! Is this restaurant open for business or not??? We tried to call but it went to voicemail. Don't know what's going on with that place. I have a friend to tried to eat there for lunch about a month ago and the same thing happened to her.Special Features:
- Barcelona Bistro was a no-showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014Made a reservation. Reservation was confirmed by restaurant. Arrived at restaurant to find it locked up tight. Schedule on door said restaurant should have been open for several hours already. Tried to call phone number on door but got no answer and mailbox was full. Was especially ticked as I had very recently purchased gift certificate. If they are not going to be open for business it seems illegal and unethical to take money under false pretenses.
- Over all foodGreatfoodloverDined on 5/10/2014The food was great. No complains & also great if you are a wine drinker you can bring your own bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageginabDined on 5/7/2014I love a good BYOB, especially in a nice town like Pitman, but this place was just average. The atmosphere seemed old and stale, and my husband had food on his fork at the table. The food was good, nothing amazing, but it was not bad. We did the tapas menu, and they did serve the tapas in a reasonable order (lighter ones first, heavier ones last). The timing was a little off, we got the first 2, then waited a little longer for the last 3 which were not spaced out well. The service otherwise was great, our server was very helpful and friendly. Dessert was great. I am glad we tried Barcelona Bistro, and we may go back, but I am OK if we do not.
- Consistently goodgoodstuffVIPDined on 4/27/2014We come here every couple months because the food is good and servers are always pleasant. The lamb shank is always a good value for price, quantity, and quality. BYOB makes this place that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barcelona BistroTootsDined on 4/12/2014Very good tappas, bread, desert, waitress was excellent, very attentive. Been to barcelona several times enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip this oneRickDined on 4/5/2014Atmosphere is stark and plain. The waiter did not even know how to pronounce the name of the dishes and he acted like his mind was somewhere else. Food was just fair. Expect more flavor from a true authentic Spanish-Mediterranean restaurant.
- Fresh!EmilyVIPDined on 3/26/2014Everything was delightful, dining before out theater time! the roasted beet salad was delicious, with a few more greens than I remembered, but was almost too much! I continued with the roasted garlic soup..yum, then had the special, trout, which was perfectly prepared, with a little crisp, with the veggie side..".perfect....alas, no time for desert!Special Features:
- ExpensiveLov2gotobyobsDined on 3/22/2014For a BYOB in Pitman it was very pricy! A $6.95 Caesar salad ir really pricy. This was my 2nd dinner visit with 2 different people and I will probably not return.
- Terrific Local RestaurantLSC322Dined on 3/22/2014Really good restaurant! BYOB (which is a real selling point for us), neighborhood restaurant. Staff is friendly, food is really good. Decor a bit tired and could use a facelift, but other than that, I highly recommend Barcelona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014My wife and I found this restaurant through Groupon. We were really surprised at how good it was. Our waitress was excellent. She was knowledgable and very pleasant. The food was great. Seafood Empanadas were excellent. Best Flan I've ever had. I don't usually order this dessert in restaurants because I generally find it to be "eggy", but this was perfect.Special Features:
- The food is always excellent,KevinDined on 3/15/2014The food is always excellent, the atmosphere quiet and romantic. The appetizers are fantastic and lamb shank out of this world......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly great.MoorestownieDined on 3/7/2014Food overall very good, but inconsistent -- went tapas and while some (beet salad, empanadas, shrimp w/ cilantro, special filet egg rolls, and the cheese plate except for a brie) were great, some were clunkers (2 of 3 soups were great in the soup trio, but clam chowder was like a fishy gruel and not appetizing, and the salmon with lamb roll was a strange combo that just didn't work). Presentation was nice but small plates should mean that more than 2 or 3 fit on the table at once, the plates were actually huge! Service was attentive but needs coaching, they explained nothing and wouldn't substitute apps for tapas in the "two tapas per person rule" without asking mgr, even though the apps were more $. Decor was pleasant and comfy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishSurrealistmystDined on 3/7/2014Spanish food with a twist! Expensive but good! ByobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiNiNiNiVIPDined on 3/1/2014We have eaten at this restaurant a few times. Usually we order the Paella which is very good. This time I ordered the seafood in red sauce with side of rice. I really enjoyed it. Definitely would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like this placeTownshipFoodieVIPDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I enjoy the Philadelphia restaurant scene, but sometimes we don't want to spend the money or drive the distance , so we come here. The food has been great each time (I always get the lamb osso bucco). What I love about coming here, it's not like every other byob in and around the area, which all serve the standard Italian dishes, you know something on top of pasta. This place has great variety of Mediterranean / Spanish foods that I would only be able to find if I traveled to the city. Great local byob! I feel the interior could be spruced up a bit though. They should put some seats outside right on the sidewalk when it's spring / summer! Had no problems with the service as others have said .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas with FriendsSheaDined on 2/26/2014This restaurant could not have been more accommodating. The waitress was attentive and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed tasting six different selections from the tapas menu. I have already purchased a Groupon for another visit.Special Features:
- Barcelona BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014Pros: Restaurant clean; bathroom fully stocked; dining area roomy; seated right away. We were permitted to decorate our table with balloons, candles & rose petals; individual checks. Cons: Snow not removed from curb parking area; table was set for 6 instead of 7;service was very poor. Re: misinformed waitress telling us what was in one particular dish, when it finally arrived, did not have all the ingredients mentioned, we had to ask for the two items missing only receiving 1. She had to keep checking in the kitchen when we asked different questions. We had to ask for refills for water; missing side dishes which took so long coming out that our main courses got colder, one lady never got hers and gave up. We had to ask for our checks.Special Features:
- Bistro BabySuzeDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time here-Grew up with a neighbor straight from Portugal-Food was authentic! Noise level was high but it was Valentine's weekend! Had tickets to a comedy show at Broadway Theatre-This was the perfect addition to a beautiful evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- Dinner special beef wellingtronOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Dinner special beef wellingtron was a bit pricey but overall meal was good. my husband found his tilapia meal a little fishy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine experienceAudreyDined on 2/14/2014Upscale neighborhood dining. Exotic menu choices. A little pricey-around $80 for the two of us without drinks. BYOB which was fine. Service was excellent and the dining room was quiet and easy to carry on a conversation. Great for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Good experienceAwesomeDined on 2/9/2014Food, service and a great local place to eat. First time dining here. We will return. Great for after theater dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time not a charmOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/8/2014I don't want to slam this place too badly because the food is generally good and portions satisfactory. However, this was our third visit and inferior to the previous two. The good: Variety of the menu is above average. Portions are appropriate for the cost. BYOB. The bad: Server made excuses for slowness of initial greeting. We sat for 15min with an unopened bottle of wine. Bread basket is brought out cold. Water is not replenished regularly. Chef apparently only cares about regulars. He cruises the floor but has never once taken the time to ask us about our meal. Meanwhile he's opening bottles, talking, and taking the check for certain people. We don't have many restaurant choices in this area but doubt we'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barcelonaesan856Dined on 2/8/2014Barcelona Bistro did not seem to have our open table reservation on their books but were able to seat us. They were short staffed and the chef was walking around helping to seat guests. While he was very amicable, his clothing was soiled from cooking as well. Since we weren't sure he was the chef or not at first, it was a little disconcerting. They did not have a card machine to log to our diner points. The food was good at least! They need to work on the service end.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ApallingBtuberDined on 2/2/2014Came here on a Sunday evening. We were seated at a table where we were not acknowledged for a good fifteen minutes. When our waitress came over, she took our order and then did not check in again. My sister ordered a soft drink; it that came after her meal. She ordered the sweet potato ravioli, and the size of the entree was that of an appetizer. She asked for grated cheese, waited for it until her food got cold, then ate her dinner without it. By the time it arrived, she had finished her meal. My mother ordered the zupa de pesce. The meal arrived without the spoon. Spoon took forever to arrive. The salmon was completely raw and inedible. We had to walk up to our waitress and ask for the check since since she would not acknowledge us.
- More Mediterranean than SpanishTheaterGoerDined on 2/2/2014Barcelona was very good. Most dishes were outstanding. Trout, pork, apps, tilapia. However, the gnocchi was so-so and the calamari was only ok. Very convenient to pitman theater. Will return. BYOB. Tapas menu had to be asked for and was a little confusing. They definitely didnt encourage you to order from it. Odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceOutandAboutDined on 2/1/2014If I had to guess, I would say that it was our server's first night on the job. She did not have a clue what she was doing and it was not a busy night at the restaurant. The food was good and it was a nice BYOB. I'm sure it would have been more enjoyable with another server. I did watch the other servers who seemed more capable.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dining experiencePoppyDined on 1/24/2014The wife and I enjoyed our dining experience at Barcelona Bistro. The Baked Brie appetizer was shared and was a delicious start, followed by the Soup Trio (Sweet Potato, Carrot and Shrimp Bisque). All were warm and satisfying, but the Shrimp Bisque lagged behind the other soups in overall depth and flavor. For dinner, the wife selected the Talapia/Crab and Shrimp, and I opted for the Special - Pork presented three ways (Pork Meatballs, Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, served over Pork Risotto). Both entrees were nicely prepared, and the meals themselves were top-notch! We both declined any dessert and settled for a finishing cup of coffee. The service was friendly and knowledgeable, and very accommodating. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and tasty menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2014Good service and tasty menu selections. Why does this Resteraunt not eligible for points???I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodsouthjerseyguyDined on 1/4/2014Second time here and food seemed even better than the first time. Ordered a mussel appetizer special that was incredible. Mussels were very tender and the sauce was extremely tasty (had to get extra bread for dipping). The bread was really different too - thick squares which were very good. My paella was very good and the portion was huge. My fiance ordered a beef tenderloin with a red wine sauce and that was really tender and tasty. The vegetables that accompanied were very different. They were strands of zucchini and carrots in a balsamic vinegar and amaretto mixture. We liked it a lot. Service was perfect but it was a very quiet night there probably because of the weather and playoff football games. Overall, excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was really bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013The service was really bad. I placed a review on YELP dated 12/31/13
- New Years EveFrequentDiner15Dined on 12/31/2013Went to the restaurant on New Years Eve at 7pm with a group of 8. They let me add on 2 last minute additions to take the reservation to 10 which was appreciated. After sitting down we then waited almost 35 mins between ordering drinks and ordering our entrees. After ordering our entrees we proceeded to wait almost 2 hours for the food. The waiting staff and our waitress were beyond nice and apogetic for the delay but doesn't make up for the fact that it took so long. Food was amazing. If this review was just on food it would get at least 4 out of 5. The thing that really brought this review down for me was the fact that when I paid I was charged twice on my credit card. I had to wait 5 business days for the second charge to fall off my cardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an excellent gem,tapasloverDined on 12/31/2013This is an excellent gem, located in an area where typical 'American' or standard Italian food is more of the norm on the restaurant menu. The owner-chef does a remarkable job of mixing Spanish / Portuguese / Brazilian cuisine with some American favorites. I have eaten at this restaurant since it opened 4 years ago and have hosted large dinner (12-20 people) parties, where the food quality was the same as when there were only two of us. The restaurant makes an excellent Paella all the time. On this occasion, however, they had Beef Wellington as a special, which was top notch.Special Features:
- Great dinnerBruceDined on 12/28/2013My husband and I had such god dinners tonight at the Bistro. The bronzino was outstanding and the Fettuccini Barcelona was tasty. Mussels in vodka sauce were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperiencereturndinerVIPDined on 12/26/2013We had a nice time at Barcelona Bistro. The food was very good, and the atmosphere was nice (although very quiet the night we were there). Our server was very, very friendly ... At times in a way that was fun and appropriate, and at others in a way that bordered on unprofessional. We will definitely make a point to return to this restaurant and try again because the food was good enough to warrent another visit, we just hope they fine tune their service a bit in the meantime.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOB - you were warned.denise8709Dined on 12/21/2013My only complaints are - its a little to spacious, its so open inside its like your eating in a cafeteria, which is weird. They are strictly BYOB, which is fine except - they serve food that pairs exceptionally well with wine. My date and I loved the food, it was exceptional, the dessert was gluten free chocolate cake - I would recommend anyone and everyone who likes chocolate to try it, it was amazing cake. We both had the special of the day, and it was terrific, my dates soup was over salted - but that could be a personal preference. Our server was nice, and prompt for the most part, but did look a little harried to the end there - the server could have used more help - like a busboy. We will go again.Special Features:
- we enjoyed the pork chop specialPatd027VIPDined on 12/7/2013we enjoyed the pork chop special and the service was greatSpecial Features:
- Great SpotDeVo24Dined on 11/22/2013Food was tremendous... My wife and I both had the Chef's special 4 course meal and everything was delicious. We would highly recommend this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All GoodTPW274Dined on 11/10/2013The food was tasty and unique. It came out hot and fresh. Server was friendly and polite. Hostess Olivia was pleasant and cordial. We were not rushed at all and food came out at a nice pace. Would recommend a dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodfood101Dined on 11/7/2013Had the crab cake it was amazing the service wss very frieendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.