3133 Piedmont Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barcaatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4047481229
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:30pm;
Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday : 5:30 pm - 10:00pm;
Bar & Lounge Hours: Til close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Barça
A fresh twist on modern American tapas & small plates in the heart of Buckhead. A traditional Spanish cocktail list, an International beer selection, Sangria and an extensive wine list compliment the affordable small plates ($4 to $12) served at the casual new hotspot called Barca...Continued
Please join us for a Taste of Spain!
Please join us for a Taste of Spain!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barça reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not sure if this place justOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 3/2/2013Not sure if this place just open but they were under staff with waiters, and cooks. The night I went they had just two waiters and one cook no bartender. When the food finally arrived it was good. There is a big need for them to hirer more staff. They should take notes from Barcelona WineBar.
- We were seated for almostOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/2/2013We were seated for almost 10 min before we were even served water; our waiter didn't take our order for 30 min after that. The food took over 45 min after we ordered even though a couple (apparently friends of the management as there were a lot of employees/managers who stopped by that table to sit & talk) who came much after us to a table nearby received platters of food within 10 min of their arrival. The food was good, and the waiter (understanding the situation) compensated us with some pomme frites. But we will likely not be going there again.
- Good, not bad, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Place was ok, I believe there was a pizzeria attached. Pros: Food was good, no complaints Cons: Service was bad, food took a while to come out Food plates were very small. Which makes sense for the tapa we ordered, but for the entrees and salads, it was smaller than expected
- Having just returned fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013Having just returned from a trip to Spain and Portugal, where we ate at some wonderful tapas restaurants, we were somewhat disappointed in Barca. Food was OK, but selection of tapas was somewhat limited, even more so when we were informed that a couple offerings were unavailable because the ingredients were needed on entrees. Paella was good, but for $27 price point, not a value. Most of the appetizers and entrees we had had a bit of spice to them, ok with us, but diners might want to ask about this before ordering.
- Barca delivered as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/25/2013Selected Barca because I liked the menu from a previous visit and the location was near our office, so I took a mixed group of 6 for a business dinner on a Monday night, thinking it would be less noisy, and I was right. The restaurant staff selected a quieter spot at an appropriate sized table, offered to turn down the loud music, and then paid real attention to our table throughout. All my guests enjoyed the variety on the menu, I liked the reasonably priced bottles of wine, and our food came reasonably quickly.Special Features:
- The food here is always amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/23/2013The food here is always amazing. We have been here 3 times and the food has been worderful every time! This is officially our new go to place for great food in Buckhead!Special Features:
- Everything was delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Everything was delicious, however, they were out of a lot of the menu items. What we had was great, but not some of our first choices.Special Features:
- We were there when it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013We were there when it was extremely busy so I think that affected our experience. I ate there when it was La Forchette and had a better experience even though it is the same owners. They were trying to be accommodating to us which was nice, I think it was busier than they planned. Give it a try and review it to let Buckhead know what you think!
- Fun and great food!TiggyVIPDined on 2/16/2013We were in the Buckhead area for a memorial service and decided to stay overnight in the area. Since we were last minute diners I went with Barca even though the reviews were less than stellar. I honestly do not know why? We had an incredible evening. Food was exceptional and our service attentive and very helpful. The only missing feature is that the decor is so so and the male host was disorganized and lacked the enthusiasm that I believe this restaurant deserves. Favorite dishes included: Roasted Apple salad, smoked trout spread, eggplant roulade appetizer, and an incredible paella. Finally do not miss the incredible chocolate dessert!Special Features:
- This was a wonderful placeBrandiferousDined on 2/15/2013This was a wonderful place to go for tapas. The change to a full menu has taken away the charm and reason to go. Sorry!
- Not what I expected at all!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Not what I expected at all! But someone may have a different and better experience than I did! I was made to order entrees only because of my coupon I had that I didn't get to enjoy the tapas that I wanted which is why I went there in the first place. The waiter was also a bit uneducated. The food took entirely too long as well!Special Features:
- Barca was informal and friendly. SBahamamamaDined on 2/14/2013Barca was informal and friendly. Service was a little slow but the food was delicious!Special Features:
- The young woman who waitedDavidKeithDined on 2/14/2013The young woman who waited on us was delightful. She was fun, helpful and was just the right amount of help but not over-kill. This was an anniversary, and Valentines Day so you never know what to expect. The limited menu was really very good. All the items that we had were very good. We will be a return customer for sure. Great little gem.Special Features:
- I thought this place was goingBillDined on 2/14/2013I thought this place was going to be pretty classy, but it turns out it felt more like a sports bar with televisions on the wall. We chose it because the food was marketed as Barcelona Tapas but we ended up eating Ribeye steak, Caesar salad, and Chocolate cake, none of which is at all close to Barcelona Tapas. I wouldn't bother.
- Better than Expected....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/9/2013We were pleasantly surprised after reading all of the mixed reviews. We shared the eggplant and truffle fries. Eggplant wad delicious and the fries were tasty, although nothing special. I had the roasted apple, bacon, and arugula salad and was really pleased. The roasted apple really made the salad and it had a hint of balsalmic vinegar. If you don't mind cooked fruit, or rather the texture of cooked fruit, you'll enjoy this salad. This is a petite salad so suggest you share as an appetizer salad rather than as a main course, as I did. My husband had the romansco pasta. He said it was delicious and quite lite. He was impressed by the number of jumbo shrimp that were added he expected to only receive 4-5 but had 7-9.Special Features:
- Excellent fish [bass], chocolateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Excellent fish [bass], chocolate dessert; very good paella; reasonably priced good wine. Service could not have been better.
- Food was delish! StaffAmykVIPDined on 2/1/2013Food was delish! Staff very nice. Overall great experience. Will b back! Actually ate my left overs today for lunch and was even better than last nightSpecial Features:
- Very disappointing....ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/1/2013Very disappointing....our waiter was surly, 2/3rds of my Mojo Chicken Breast was so tough that even my husband could not cut it with a place knife....at least the restaurant was quiet enough to be able to carry on a conversation across the table with friends(I guess they were not busy for a reason though!)
- we enjoyed the selection ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/31/2013we enjoyed the selection of new tapas. beautifully presented and very good service. There were enough of the main dish choices as well if someone preferred that type of dining experience instead.Special Features:
- The service was the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2013The service was the worst I have ever had at a restaurant of this quality.
- Disappointed in the food.thorsmomDined on 1/27/2013Disappointed in the food. It was very overpriced for mediocre fare. $14.00 for a penne pasta with hardly any chicken. The mussels were in a heavy tomato sauce, more suitable for pasta than mussels, you couldn't even taste them. $26.00 for the salmon, again only o.k. there are too many good, reasonably priced restaurants in Atlanta to bother with this one.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2013Excellent food and service. Ambiance could be improved simply by dimming lights. It was way to bright and light for a nice Saturday evening meal with wife and friends.Special Features:
- Not A Place We RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/19/2013We went because it was available at the last minute on a Saturday night; in hindsight, a mistake. Service was poor (salad plates never cleared, but just pushed to side) and slow (creating an almost two-hour meal/disappointment). Disinterested is the word that comes to mind. One salad delivered 20 minutes after others (and only after two promptings); the excuse was "the kitchen is backed up" (despite half full restaurant). Salmon was good, and paella was okay (despite sketchy shrimp), but pastas were cold. I cannot believe that we ate at the same restaurant covered by these other reviews. Have eaten 300+ meals with OpenTable reservations and would put this place in the bottom 5.
- Service was excellent. WeLynnVIPDined on 1/18/2013Service was excellent. We had three appetizers, calamari with leeks and lemon very good. Trout spread fantastic, do not usually like Granny Smith Apples, but the thin slices on the side added to the dish. Also had the mussels, served with a spicy red sauce, I thought sauce was just ok, but it was my husbands' favorite. We will return.
- Barca's food is 100% delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/11/2013Barca's food is 100% delicious. We started with drinks. My wife tried the white and red sangrias and loved both. I had a beer from Barcelona (the name escapes me) and it was very good. We got the Truffled Fries for an appitizer. They are the best french fries my wife and I have ever had. Words cannot explain just how good they were. The had a ton of flavor and the texture was just right, crispy on the outside and soft and scrumptious on the inside. I ordered the steak frites, and it was great. The steak was cooked perfectly and of course the fries were great. My wife got the eggplant app dish and parmesean straws (from the tapas menu) and she loved both of them. We definitely recommend this restaurant and will return soon.Special Features:
- Delicious food! One of theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/8/2013Delicious food! One of the best Atlanta restaurants!Special Features:
- Great experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/29/2012Had a great experience! Went with a group, our server, Hamad was attentive, gave wonderful recommendations , sensitive to allergies and helpful! Will definently go back--lobster Mac n cheese, chocolate dessert, wine, etc, delish!!Special Features:
- Went on a Thursday night andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/27/2012Went on a Thursday night and it was pretty dead. Food was all tapas/small plates. Steak, anchovy and paella dishes were all excellent. Mussels were very good, as was the smoked trout. My husband's mojito was just so-so, but I enjoyed the red sangria. The prices were reasonable and the staff was friendly, although not especially polished. We will probably be back.Special Features:
- The dishes are interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2012The dishes are interesting and of excellent quality.Knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- Delicious and enjoyable ExperienceFoodiholicDined on 12/22/2012The best tapas I've had in Atlanta. Each tapas had it's own unique, complex and delicious flavors. Plenty of healthy seafood choices in addition to meats. Well paced, friendly service...staff sincerely wants to please. Comfortable seating, and thanks to low/moderate noise level, our party of four was able to engage in lively conversation.
- The same amazing truffle friessmithpopVIPDined on 12/10/2012The same amazing truffle fries are still available thankfully! We loved the eggplant and paella. Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Fantastic interpretation of SpanishCP101Dined on 12/9/2012We really loved this place. My husband is from Barcelona, so he is tough to please when it comes to Spanish food. This isn't completely authentic Spanish food, but it is a wonderful interpretation. Some dishes weren't Spanish at all, like the hummus, but it was really good. The french fries with truffle were some of the best french fries I've ever eaten. My kids ate every bite and want to go back and I have one that is a very picky eater. He was coaxed into trying the food by the wonderful smell. The dishes are small tapas, so you need at least two and, if you are a hearty eater, at least three. I didn't love the decor, but otherwise, this will be our new "home" restaurant.Special Features:
- The food at Barca is as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/5/2012The food at Barca is as good as at its predecessor, La Fourchette. Small plates allowed us to try several dishes, and all were terrific! Paella was particularly good, with large shrimp.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood French bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2012Fantastic neighborhood French bistro in Buckhead. Great place to hit up again and again.Special Features:
- I absolutely loved this placeRis43Dined on 8/17/2012I absolutely loved this place - the food was incredible, great service! My only complaint was the ambience. The lighting was rather bright, and it wasn't a very inviting type of place. But overall, I will go there again, and hopefully again. Thank you!Special Features:
- We came here for tapas lateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2012We came here for tapas late on a weeknight. The food was tasty, but the portions weren't great.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodDBenedettoVIPDined on 6/2/2012La Fourchette is consistently good from the service to the food to the entire experience. We have enjoyed this restaurant several times and we will return.
- The food is always good atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2012The food is always good at Barca (formerly La Fourchette). Service is always fast and attentive. Never had a complaint with anything I've ordered there.Special Features:
- We were very impressed withChefwantabeVIPDined on 2/24/2012We were very impressed with the food and the service. Our waiter, I do not remember his name, but he was very professional and friendly. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Love FaForchette. Only complaintLongfoodieVIPDined on 12/7/2011Love FaForchette. Only complaint - they have changed my favorite dish - Lup de Meer. It no longer has mussels on the plate, which made it extra special.Special Features: