110 S 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbuzzo.com/
- Phone: 2155469300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Saturday: 12pm-3pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marcie B Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Barbuzzo Restaurant
Barbuzzo is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village area of center city. We serve small plates intended to share. With a wood-burning oven for pizzas & roasting, Barbuzzo’s menu features rustic, hand crafted regional fare such as: Grilled Octopus with fingerlings, roasted peppers & soppressata; Parsnip ravioli with duck ragu and roasted pears; Uovo Pizza with brussel leaves, guanciale, & truffle farm egg. Menu items range in price from $3 to $32. Barbuzzo has a full bar featuring Mediterranean wines, craft beers and cocktails. We have bar and counter seating overlooking the open kitchen available for walk ins.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Barbuzzo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Barbuzzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
419 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (328)neighborhood gem (206)hot spot (173)special occasion (107)romantic (105)great for lunch (86)vibrant bar scene (66)late-night find (60)great for outdoor dining (58)notable wine list (48)great for brunch (17)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- College Kids FavoriteFordVIPDined on 10/18/2014Every time we visit our children at college we must go to Barbuzzo. The Opentable app comes in very handy when we get the frantic call from our son reminding us to make a reservation (which is often very hard to get). Food is original and great and during the warmer months eating outside, and watching the people pass by, is great.Special Features:
- Busy fun area for lunchDissapointingDishVIPDined on 10/18/2014Nice shops, several restaurants outdoor eating..hard to walk on sidewalk in certain spots. Met friend for lunch, first ones in @ noon when place opened. Told hostess, if possible, please don't seat people next to us, want to talk, been awhile since we saw each other.Tables too close together. Within 15 min, she is bringing back 2 women..who didn't want to sit next to us either. Place empty. WHY do they do that??? Bugers different taste..very good. Friend had a pork sandwich & enjoyed it. We'd go back...nice for lunch. Drinks creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Barbuzzo is not to be missed! The waitstaff was informative on how to order, the food delicious and the small plates were perfect for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spot!SuavewifwaDined on 10/13/2014Everything we ordered here was delicious - stuffed meatballs, antipasto platter, uovo pizza. I had been here for dinner years ago and have been wanting to come back with my husband. We both enjoyed our lunch very much. They've really got a good thing going here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014We were seated at a table for two that was only a couple of inches away from the table next to us. It made it very awkward for conversation and was very loud. Food was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzzo lovemoradriDined on 10/11/2014People even were eating outside because the food is that delicious and it was a crisp fall evening.Special Features:
- One of the best Philly restaurantsYumYumDined on 10/11/2014This was my first time here. The food was excellent and the portions were smaller and reasonably priced. This allowed me and my family to try more dishes, all of which we loved. The service was also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the foodCitySlickerDined on 10/10/2014Although the lighting is limited, the noise levels are high & your individual seating space is limited, the food was excellent. From appetizers to entrees to dessert, this was one of the best meals I have had in some time. Because it was a weekend night, the restaurant was packed with no room to spare. Due to busy scene, entrees were delivered approximately 10 minutes apart. I would return, knowing that the food is the reason, keeping the other limitations in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post David Lynch exhibit dinnerJerzeePeachDined on 10/10/2014First time at Barbuzzo! The cocktails were wonderful, creative, cold and satisfying. Our server made several excellent suggestions and our shared plates were delicious and more than filling. The famous meatballs were spicy and salty! There are not enough adjectives to describe the SALTED CARAMEL BUDANO. OMG what a taste, what a texture, what a treat. The dinner experience was very hip and fun. Definitely planning another dinner soon. Shopping next door was also excellent 😎Special Features:
- VERY NICE EXPERIENCEAuntEyeDined on 10/9/2014Great service, ambiance, and food. My dining partner and I thought everything was great expect for our salads:) The beet salad in my opinion was lacking the beets though the taste was good. The octopus was amazing...so tasty! Great drinks...unfortunately no room for dessert but we will return again for dessert:)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/6/2014Our server informed us to ordered 2 items per person, which we did. The beet and green salads were so light and tasty. The combination of different greens and vegetables made the salads outstanding. the main course of pork loin slices and stuffed meatballs were of ample portions and very delicious. Our server was efficient and very attentive. The best part was that it was so reasonably priced. Atmosphere was very lively, but fun. we marvelled how the servers navigated the narrow 1 person walkway to serve the guests. this was all done with a relaxed fluid manner.....no accidents! Seating is very tight so we were glad that we were not tall people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinallyWeLoveEatingDined on 10/6/2014I have been wanting to go to Barbuzzo for a long time and I finally did this week. I was not disappointed! I can't wait to go back and try more dishes. The service was great and the food was exceptional!Special Features:
- DisappointingJessieJDined on 10/5/2014I've eaten here several times now and each meal, until most recent, had been better than the one before. Seats have always been unforgiving and tight like sardines, but I was willing to tolerate it because the food was so good. Not the case Sunday night. Sheep's milk ricotta was delish as always, as was beet salad, but my sister's ravioli, which was rich enough as it was, was DROWNING in butter and my skirt steak was so tasteless that I had to return it! I mean no flavor at all. I asked for some salt & pepper to try to doctor it up, but it did not help at all. Our waitress was pleasant and accommodating about my retuning my meal and ordering something else at least. I must be getting old since noise level @ 5:30 on a Sunday was too much!!Special Features:
- The food was very goodDave5600Dined on 10/1/2014The food was very good but the service was excellent. It was well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014The food is consistently amazing here. The beet salad is great and the pizzas are some of the best in the city. Service was stiff but not so bad that we would not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2014Appetizers were ok but no better than ok. Bronzino entree was appetizer portion and so salty as to be nearly inedible. Pasta was also much too salty. We passed on the salted caramel signature dessert. Given the good reviews by others, we were extremely disappointed.
- Great food alwaysJPTR1Dined on 9/28/2014The food here is always top notch. And always a nice night out.Special Features:
- eatdrink.eatdrinkDined on 9/28/2014Consistently delicious.I have dined here several times and am never disappointed. There is always something new to try whether it be a veggie or an entree. The only thing missing is a little more space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEYOND AMAZINGMangiaDined on 9/27/2014Every time I go here I am in awe all over again of how incredible this place is. The menu changes up a bit seasonally and everything they serve is off the charts. Get the burrata! Seriously not a bad thing on this whole menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good solid food and serviceJamesJosephDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our meal, The restaurant was packed but we had a reservation and were seated immediately. We had a very good fungi pizza to start, wood fired stove made all the difference, then we had an order of the meat balls and gnocchi both good. Service was also attentive and very pleasant. I would certainly reccomend this restaurant
- Worth the trip!DaveDined on 9/26/2014We came in from central New Jersey for the weekend and were able to get a 9pm reservation on a Friday night. Our table was waiting when we arrived, even though there was a line of people waiting and the place was packed. Food was fabulous, creative, tasty, fresh, and well presented. Service was excellent. Sangria was great. Waiter and staff were attentive and helpful. The crowd was mostly 20 and 30 somethings, and us much older, but young at heart and mind. We loved excitement and energy in the place just as much as the food. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerWINEandDINEDined on 9/26/2014I found this place online after a lot of research I decided we should try it out. We were only in Philadelphia for a Lon weekend and only had the opportunity to try a few top-rated restaurants. We made a reservation for 8pm on Friday night. We got there early, checked in with the host who informed us that our table wasn't ready yet. That's okay, she took our phone number and we shopped around in stores on the street nearby. Around 8:15 we checked back in and the table still wasn't ready. She did a great job keeping us informed and we got a free app when we finally did sit down. Totally worth the wait! Everything we had was perfect. My boyfriend said eating here was an emotional experience! We even went back for lunch the next day. MUST GO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughtLuvnyfoodDined on 9/26/2014It was a great experience. Intimate setting. Great service and great food. It was a bit loud but would highly recommend . We thought it was going to be more upscale. We were presently surprised. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the kidsTaylorDined on 9/26/2014I found that this was as close as you could get to a pretentious without actually crossing that line. As someone not used to that kind of dining, the menu could be overwhelming, but the staff was willing to answer questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved BarbuzzoKwein23Dined on 9/25/2014Has a fantastic meal at Barbuzzo. Excellent food, great service and although a 'tight fit' of tables in a jam packed space, we never felt cramped or hovered over. Staff does a great job moving about. The grilled octopus salad outstanding as were the pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so. good.LaffaloverDined on 9/25/2014This is the third time I've been to Barbuzzo and it was delicous. You simply cannot go wrong with the meatballs and the aspargo pizza. We also tried the peach burrata (similar to mozzarella cheese but softer and so fresh) and it was really delicious and well done. highly recommend all three! the zucca pizza really doesnt compare to the aspargo... just a helpful hint ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealMariatiniVIPDined on 9/23/2014Overall, my husband and I enjoyed our recent dinner at Barbuzzo. We were seated within a few minutes of our reservation time. We found the restaurant a bit loud and quite cramped. We had a small table in a corner and were uncomfortably close to the couple next to us. Found a bottle of wine we liked, but found the prices high for whites. Had the crostone appetizer which wasn't anything too special. He had the Tubbetone, which was very tasty, and I had the Shrimp and crispy polenta which I liked. The Budino dessert was wonderful. We liked our food and the experience, in general, but will probably try different dishes if we return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Absolutely delicious! Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerDaveDined on 9/17/2014Visited during restaurant week and was excited to try this restaurant. Arrived and was seating promptly for my reservation. Tables are VERY tight- difficult to sit/stand up comfortably. Server was attentive and knowledgable. Good beer list. Roasted beet salad was great! Our cheese appetizer was lacking something crunchy. Too many mushy consistencies. The pizza was fine, nothing special. Crust was falling apart, even though I asked for it well done. We tried a pasta dish with mushrooms that was also ok. Dessert was great! Might return for a beer and to try another pizza but not high on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/17/2014I have been to most of the owners of these restaurants and this is the weakest by far. Noisy and so dark I almost had to go in the bathroom to read the menu,hey guys middle-age people eat out too! Otherwise food was good and flavorful and service was attentive and knowledgable. prob would not return here given other issues. also it was a bright and sunny day.Special Features:
- Great SurpriseScinamynVIPDined on 9/17/2014Excellent food and service. The restaurant week menu was lovely; the budino - to die for! Very glad we reserved our table as most who were drop ins had to eat outside.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodloverDined on 9/17/2014Menu is eclectic, fresh ingredients, top notch serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/16/2014It was a beautiful day so we waited for a table outside and we were happy we did so! It was restaurant week so we, basically, had dinner for lunch. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we would definitely go back...if we can get a dinner reservation, that is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous.EmmaBDined on 9/15/2014Have been here twice for restaurant week and once with the regular menu... Food is always excellent and great service. Best kale/beet salad ever! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I had dreamed it to beKaitlinDined on 9/15/2014We went for Restaurant Week, and while the service wasn't spectacular (which is to be expected), the food was amazing. We started off with a sheep's milk ricotta with a balsamic drizzle and herbs served with two pieces of grilled bread. We should have asked for more bread because there was leftover cheese and they took it away without us being able to finish. Then I had a roasted beet, kale, and goat cheese salad that was delicious and had a beautiful presentation, while my friend had burratta with figs and proschiutto. My entree missed the mark (cassarecce with wild mushrooms in a lemon pesto-too salty and peppery), but my friend had the gnocchi with tomatoes and corn and it was amazing! We ended our meal with budino (BEST PART!).Special Features:
- Wonderful!2eatisdivineDined on 9/15/2014Inventive, creative menu, perfectly prepared....attentive yet unobtrusive service....above average noise levelSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant week lunchLuvcitylifeDined on 9/15/2014We went for lunch. Lot's of choices in a week that doesn't have to work so hard. They easily accommodated my requests. The food was well crafted, cooked well and delicious. Only problem. The tables were very close together. The single person at the next table chose to move, I'm sure because she heard everything we said and may not have found us interesting. Or maybe too interesting?Special Features:
- Expected more..........OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2014Recent lunch at Barbuzzo, a hot spot in the neighborhood. Filled up quickly, literally lined up at the door for the 12 noon opening. The spot is charming but it is difficult to read the menu in the poor lighting. The tables are very tight and so close together you are literally dining with your neighbor. The metal chairs very uncomfortable. The food is good but differs from as described on the menu with regard to listed ingredients. I felt disappointed in that the experience did not really measure up to the reviews. Was expecting great but really just average/good. Given all the more interesting restaurant choices in center city, do not plan to return.Special Features:
- Second Time & Still A CharmwarewithallDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful menu and wonderful room with great and very friendly service. First time we sat at the counter watching the kitchen hard at work. That was very fun. This time around we took a table and it was just as great and the food was just as I remembered. Delicious and....well.....DECLICIOUS! We do not get to Philly often but every time we do it is on our absolute TO DO LIST.Special Features:
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014I almost wishbI started my meal at dessert, because their salted caramel budino is one of the top 5 desserts I have ever had! All the food tastes carefully prepared, and was absolutely delicious! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.