110 S 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbuzzo.com/
- Phone: 2155469300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Saturday: 12pm-3pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marcie B Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Barbuzzo Restaurant
Barbuzzo is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village area of center city. We serve small plates intended to share. With a wood-burning oven for pizzas & roasting, Barbuzzo’s menu features rustic, hand crafted regional fare such as: Grilled Octopus with fingerlings, roasted peppers & soppressata; Parsnip ravioli with duck ragu and roasted pears; Uovo Pizza with brussel leaves, guanciale, & truffle farm egg. Menu items range in price from $3 to $32. Barbuzzo has a full bar featuring Mediterranean wines, craft beers and cocktails. We have bar and counter seating overlooking the open kitchen available for walk ins.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Barbuzzo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Barbuzzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
352 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (263)neighborhood gem (171)hot spot (133)special occasion (94)romantic (70)great for lunch (69)vibrant bar scene (61)great for outdoor dining (53)late-night find (48)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (21)good for groups (15)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Good but LoudDCarl1Dined on 7/24/2014Great drinks, good food and open quite late. Very, very loud, so sit on the sidewalk weather allowing for air and relative quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food; Bustling AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014Barbuzzo provided unique, delicious, fun food. But, quarters are tight, the restaurant was packed, early on a Thursday, in the summer, and loud! It is great if you are there for terrific food, in a quick, frenetic atmosphere. Waiters can barely get between tables, lighting is so dim, you can hardly read a menu, conversation, is very tough to hear. Yet, we would return, for fabulous food. We were headed to a concert, alone, so the pace and noise didn't bother us much. But, it is not where you meet with long lost friends, or look for a romantics night. Mushroom pizza was to die for, as was the watermelon and radish salad.Special Features:
- Great food, but too small and noisybphiliDined on 7/23/2014The food was incredible, but the restaurant was so loud, I had to practically yell at my date and she had to yell back at me for us to hear each other. It was also very cramped. I was hit by the staff going by repeatedly because there was so little room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We have wanted to go to Barbuzzo for some time now, finally had the opportunity this week pre-Phillies game. Food was outstanding, along with great wines by the glass. Service was also truly excellent. About the only potential negative we could imagine is that the seating toward the back seemed loud, dark and hot (near kitchen). We were up front by the windows which was great. Looking forward to getting back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Center City spotBurbsDined on 7/22/2014Good food & service. Sangria was great. Food choices allowed for familiar to let's try something. We enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in PhillyBGINNYDined on 7/21/2014We had a wonderful meal! Everything was fresh and unique!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My husband & I were there for his birthday. We loved our waiter; he was low key, natural & informative. I ordered the beet salad & my husband ordered the farm salad. The beet salad was room temperature, including the greens - dissappointing. Although the taste was ok, it was not refreshing. As a second course I ordered the bronzino which I liked very much.My husband ordered the hanger steak which was very chewy because of a membrane. I tasted it and agreed.The dessert really disappointed. We shared Tira Miso. We usually love the creamy layer, but this was chopped-up & served rounded in a 1 cup soup bowl. We thought it had been dropped & then chopped-up & served to minimize the loss to the establishment. The texture was grainy not pleasing.Special Features:
- Great place. Reserve!loriDined on 7/19/2014Another wonderful meal at Barbuzzo. Food imaginative and tasty. Tables very close together and it was very loud.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner / Great ServicePhillyFrancophoneDined on 7/18/2014The wait staff was always visible but never our-bearing - water glasses were always filled, everything was super well timed! Everything we tried was delicious but the Budino dessert -- not THAT alone would bring us back! We tried this on a recommendation for our anniversary and Barbuzzo's did not disappoint! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice-but-noisy settingWICaniacDined on 7/17/2014Small plates with large prices but great taste (on the basis of the picante mussels and the lamb shoulder pasta). Intimate setting with great energy but exceptionally dim lighting (the tea candles are not merely for ambiance--you cannot read the menu without them) and terrible sound dampening. Although it's a little place, the server had to enunciate and speak loudly into my ear as though we were in a mosh pit. The crowd at 9:15 PM was young and vampy; I remember that scene, but even then I liked to be able to talk to the people I was with. If I go back, it will be with the early bird crowd around 5.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerShellyBDined on 7/17/2014Went here for a birthday dinner - loved all the food everything was great! I would recommend Barbuzzo to anyone.Special Features:
- Flavorful, CreativeLadyCrocDined on 7/17/2014The food was fantastic. We had the cheese board & the plum rhubarb bruschetta. The bruschetta was huge, not what you would typically expect. If I had one criticism, it would be that it was a little hard to eat; too soft to cut through with knife & fork, too big to pick up and eat with your hands. Our main courses (hangar steak for the husband, squid ink tortonne special for me) made for a lovely presentation. The steak was cooked to perfection. The broth in the special was flavorful, but the real gem in that dish was, for me, the clams. To cap it off, I had the best cocktail ever--their Sanguinello. It was delicious & HUGE, and my only regret is that I didn't get a 3rd. Ambience was nice, not too formal. Do wish it was a little less dark.Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014We went for lunch. The food is really marvelous. Each of the four of us had a different salad - all terrific with very fresh ingredients and interesting combinations that all worked. We then had a pizza-asparagras, truffle, bacon and egg. Absolutely the best pizza I have had since a truffle and arugula pizza in southern Tuscany! Service a little slow but people very nice.Special Features:
- Very flavorful, but priceyMahwahianDined on 7/16/2014You really need to order two or three plates to fill up...can make it a bit pricey. Good creativity and flavorful though.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014I really enjoyed my first time at Barbuzzo. The atmosphere is vibrant (a bit too noisy for a business meal, but great if you just want to be out and dine among other people). The menu is not your average menu - very creative, just the right amount of variety, and it has healthy options, too. The food is fresh and very tasty! And finally, the service was very attentive and flawless.Special Features:
- Great time at Barbuzzo!LindyDined on 7/15/2014Absolutely first rate! I'd heard a lot of great things about the place and every good word was true. Food was fantastic and servers couldn't have been nicer. I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dream worthyLivetoEatDined on 7/14/2014Delicious, sublime dishes, priced well and a fabulous wine list. Service was warm and welcoming on a hot and stormy night. Octopus and pork chop mains are dream worthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite in Phillyfoodie16VIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is wonderful; the food is amazing, fresh, great combinations of items and well prepared. Their meatballs, flatbreads and special dessert are always on our check. Had less then 30 hours in Philadelphia this time but made sure we had a reservation here for the one night. Ambiance is urban and cozy. Fun to sit along the back bar area and watch the cook staff do their work. Since this place is on the smaller side and is usually very busy make a reservation if you can.Special Features:
- DELICIOUSsfgeverVIPDined on 7/12/2014Really good food. Each dish was tastier than the previous one. Waitress was attentive and very helpful in describing the dishes and how many one would want.Special Features:
- mds622Dined on 7/12/2014Barbuzzo is one of my favorite restaurants, however, a constant disappointment is the service. The food is incredible, but to make it a complete package, I wish the servers were more personable and warm.Special Features:
- WimmieVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food at Barbuzzo is certainly good but it has not changed since its opening. This makes return visits less exciting.
- Another winning mealMoogieVIPDined on 7/11/2014We started out with the mussels and the sauce they were in was so delish that we ordered more bread for dipping. We had the stuffed meat balls, one per person which is more than enough, and the sauted gnocchi. Our drink was Presecco. A perfect evening.Special Features:
- Noise level highDanaDined on 7/11/2014Would have given higher rating but it was incredibly loud. We had to shout across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid restaurantChowhoundDined on 7/11/2014You can't go wrong with Barbuzzo. I've been here a few times for lunch and absolutely love it. I ordered the orecchiette, and it was a generous portion but was light overall, full of flavor and very satisfying. I also had the salted caramel budino, which was absolutely perfect for the end of the meal. Rich and creamy pudding with a crunchy chocolate crust on the bottom. A perfect balance of salty and sweet. I definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch disappoints...NinettaVIPDined on 7/11/2014My past visits for dinner have bee rewarding at Barbuzzo but this lunch was disappointing; I ordered the Cavatappi pasta dish which was delicious but with as serving of barely a cup of cooked pasta, the dish was not very satisfying, even for someone who is watching her weight. I know my friend who ordered Orecchiette wasn't happy with his portion and this, despite the fact that we also shared the Antipasto from the Chef's bar. Portions on pasta for lunch should be revisited, but the flavors are fresh and beautifully blended. The noise level makes conversation difficult so this is not the place for a relaxing conversation.Special Features:
- overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014This restaurant is very popular. Pizza is good. Other dishes are pretty but a bit flat in taste. Nothing really stood out. The ambiance is very energetic and makes one feel special, however food is averageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clever New Italian DishesRTShadyVIPDined on 7/10/2014My companion and I started with tasty cocktails (French Farmers) before settling in to a scrumptious watermelon salad and a flavorful mushroom pizza. Great value for the price - really outstanding food!Special Features:
- Tight fit; goood food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014The menu is a bit limited but the food was quite good. On the other hand the tables seem very small -- they are -- and if you're in an inside double, you'll probably need need to ask the couple at the next table to let out. Still, i would and probably will go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014We started off with the snap pea salad which was great and also got some options from the happy hour menu as well. Everything was executed flawlessly and came out in a timely fashion. the service was also attentive and knowledgeable. Dont miss dessert either, the house made chocolates are great.Special Features:
- What took me so long?MissamiVIPDined on 7/9/2014I've worked nearby for more than three years and this was my first time to Barbuzzo. I don't know what took me so long (other than the fact that we rarely - if ever - have a sit-down lunch outside the office). I really liked this place - from the decor, to the menu, to the quality of the food, to the service...all exceeded my expectations. I had the soup of the day and a pizza. The combination of flavors in the chilled asparagus soup was both creative and delightful. The crust on the pizza was incredibly light. One of my colleagues had the hamburger & fries...which none of us at the table could resist (the fries, that is). Yum! I plan to return soon...and often.Special Features:
- dinnerroseDined on 7/8/2014too noisy, could not hear my partner....very narrow aisle and table very close together, could hear every word the table next to us said.Special Features:
- Barbuzzo, Here we come!PhillyPhoodieDined on 7/7/2014I have to say that I was really disappointed in the food at Barbuzzo. I heard amazing things about the place and it was so hard to get a table that my expectaitions were really high. The food was just OK. I've had much better food in other restaurants in Philly. (ex. Vernick, Dandelion). The only good thing is that you can fill up and not spend too much $$. It didn't cost a lot, but I guess you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Great findlovetoeatoutDined on 7/6/2014We ate dinner here for my hubbie's birthday and were pleasantly surprised that every single thing we had was delicious. We didn't understand a lot of the menu items as this was our first Mediterranean experience, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a great spot for a date night or very small group. The prices could have been a lot higher for the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great saturday night mealAnnamaltDined on 7/5/2014Visiting from New York and was ravishing after a day out sight seeing. Everything was delicious. Ordered 5 dishes between 2 people and were beyond full. Meatballs were a standout!!Special Features:
- Great spotnblakeDined on 7/5/2014Great spot for a date or a group. Restaurant is pretty small and dark, but you can tell it is a super popular place. We got there at 6:20 and our table was ready for our 6:30 reservation. The plates are meant for sharing so I reccomend at least ordering 4 things for two people. Doing that and ordering drinks can get expensive but the food is so good. Will definetly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!superpalDined on 7/4/2014This was our first meal after arriving in Philadelphia, and boy did it set the bar high. We went for lunch. Had the antipasti plate, stuffed meatballs, burrata, and mushroom pizza. Everything was delicious. So full of flavor and so well seasoned. We're already planning our next trip to Philly so that we can try the dinner menu. Amazing food!Special Features:
- noisy, crowded, and too hotckc680VIPDined on 7/1/2014Barbuzzo is noisy, crowded, and too hot during the summer. The food is very good; but the red wine fares poorly, as its stored not far from the open brick oven. Hard to talk. Oven makes it very warm inside.Special Features:
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Everything was as expected. Low light, awesome dishes, and the wine was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth watering flavors!N2P2Dined on 6/27/2014The food was simply outstanding! The service was excellent. For the quality, this may be the best value in all of Philadelphia. I would recommend this restaurant to any friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Service and Too Noisy!dcfoodie657Dined on 6/27/2014Had made reservations for this Philly "hot spot," weeks in advance for a friend and I. Based upon others' reviews and the hype, I was looking forward to an impressive evening; however that proved otherwise do to the service. Servers were extremely rude, short, and did not seem to care about doing their job. Our server was chatting behind the bar, and made it seem that is was our fault when we asked for anything. Also, this is a great place if you enjoy feeling crammed like sardines alongside fellow diners, and if you like to yell to talk with your date. Others around us did not seem to be having a good time. Will not be returning.Special Features: