110 S 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbuzzo.com/
- Phone: 2155469300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Saturday: 12pm-3pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marcie B Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Barbuzzo Restaurant
Barbuzzo is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village area of center city. We serve small plates intended to share. With a wood-burning oven for pizzas & roasting, Barbuzzo’s menu features rustic, hand crafted regional fare such as: Grilled Octopus with fingerlings, roasted peppers & soppressata; Parsnip ravioli with duck ragu and roasted pears; Uovo Pizza with brussel leaves, guanciale, & truffle farm egg. Menu items range in price from $3 to $32. Barbuzzo has a full bar featuring Mediterranean wines, craft beers and cocktails. We have bar and counter seating overlooking the open kitchen available for walk ins.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Barbuzzo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Barbuzzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
416 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (324)neighborhood gem (203)hot spot (165)special occasion (108)romantic (99)great for lunch (89)vibrant bar scene (64)late-night find (61)great for outdoor dining (59)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (21)good for groups (16)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- BEYOND AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Every time I go here I am in awe all over again of how incredible this place is. The menu changes up a bit seasonally and everything they serve is off the charts. Get the burrata! Seriously not a bad thing on this whole menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip!DaveDined on 9/26/2014We came in from central New Jersey for the weekend and were able to get a 9pm reservation on a Friday night. Our table was waiting when we arrived, even though there was a line of people waiting and the place was packed. Food was fabulous, creative, tasty, fresh, and well presented. Service was excellent. Sangria was great. Waiter and staff were attentive and helpful. The crowd was mostly 20 and 30 somethings, and us much older, but young at heart and mind. We loved excitement and energy in the place just as much as the food. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014I found this place online after a lot of research I decided we should try it out. We were only in Philadelphia for a Lon weekend and only had the opportunity to try a few top-rated restaurants. We made a reservation for 8pm on Friday night. We got there early, checked in with the host who informed us that our table wasn't ready yet. That's okay, she took our phone number and we shopped around in stores on the street nearby. Around 8:15 we checked back in and the table still wasn't ready. She did a great job keeping us informed and we got a free app when we finally did sit down. Totally worth the wait! Everything we had was perfect. My boyfriend said eating here was an emotional experience! We even went back for lunch the next day. MUST GO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughtLuvnyfoodDined on 9/26/2014It was a great experience. Intimate setting. Great service and great food. It was a bit loud but would highly recommend . We thought it was going to be more upscale. We were presently surprised. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the kidsTaylorDined on 9/26/2014I found that this was as close as you could get to a pretentious without actually crossing that line. As someone not used to that kind of dining, the menu could be overwhelming, but the staff was willing to answer questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved BarbuzzoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Has a fantastic meal at Barbuzzo. Excellent food, great service and although a 'tight fit' of tables in a jam packed space, we never felt cramped or hovered over. Staff does a great job moving about. The grilled octopus salad outstanding as were the pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so. good.LaffaloverDined on 9/25/2014This is the third time I've been to Barbuzzo and it was delicous. You simply cannot go wrong with the meatballs and the aspargo pizza. We also tried the peach burrata (similar to mozzarella cheese but softer and so fresh) and it was really delicious and well done. highly recommend all three! the zucca pizza really doesnt compare to the aspargo... just a helpful hint ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealMariatiniVIPDined on 9/23/2014Overall, my husband and I enjoyed our recent dinner at Barbuzzo. We were seated within a few minutes of our reservation time. We found the restaurant a bit loud and quite cramped. We had a small table in a corner and were uncomfortably close to the couple next to us. Found a bottle of wine we liked, but found the prices high for whites. Had the crostone appetizer which wasn't anything too special. He had the Tubbetone, which was very tasty, and I had the Shrimp and crispy polenta which I liked. The Budino dessert was wonderful. We liked our food and the experience, in general, but will probably try different dishes if we return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Absolutely delicious! Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerDaveDined on 9/17/2014Visited during restaurant week and was excited to try this restaurant. Arrived and was seating promptly for my reservation. Tables are VERY tight- difficult to sit/stand up comfortably. Server was attentive and knowledgable. Good beer list. Roasted beet salad was great! Our cheese appetizer was lacking something crunchy. Too many mushy consistencies. The pizza was fine, nothing special. Crust was falling apart, even though I asked for it well done. We tried a pasta dish with mushrooms that was also ok. Dessert was great! Might return for a beer and to try another pizza but not high on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/17/2014I have been to most of the owners of these restaurants and this is the weakest by far. Noisy and so dark I almost had to go in the bathroom to read the menu,hey guys middle-age people eat out too! Otherwise food was good and flavorful and service was attentive and knowledgable. prob would not return here given other issues. also it was a bright and sunny day.Special Features:
- Great SurpriseScinamynVIPDined on 9/17/2014Excellent food and service. The restaurant week menu was lovely; the budino - to die for! Very glad we reserved our table as most who were drop ins had to eat outside.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodloverDined on 9/17/2014Menu is eclectic, fresh ingredients, top notch serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/16/2014It was a beautiful day so we waited for a table outside and we were happy we did so! It was restaurant week so we, basically, had dinner for lunch. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we would definitely go back...if we can get a dinner reservation, that is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous.EmmaBDined on 9/15/2014Have been here twice for restaurant week and once with the regular menu... Food is always excellent and great service. Best kale/beet salad ever! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I had dreamed it to beKaitlinDined on 9/15/2014We went for Restaurant Week, and while the service wasn't spectacular (which is to be expected), the food was amazing. We started off with a sheep's milk ricotta with a balsamic drizzle and herbs served with two pieces of grilled bread. We should have asked for more bread because there was leftover cheese and they took it away without us being able to finish. Then I had a roasted beet, kale, and goat cheese salad that was delicious and had a beautiful presentation, while my friend had burratta with figs and proschiutto. My entree missed the mark (cassarecce with wild mushrooms in a lemon pesto-too salty and peppery), but my friend had the gnocchi with tomatoes and corn and it was amazing! We ended our meal with budino (BEST PART!).Special Features:
- Wonderful!2eatisdivineDined on 9/15/2014Inventive, creative menu, perfectly prepared....attentive yet unobtrusive service....above average noise levelSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant week lunchLuvcitylifeDined on 9/15/2014We went for lunch. Lot's of choices in a week that doesn't have to work so hard. They easily accommodated my requests. The food was well crafted, cooked well and delicious. Only problem. The tables were very close together. The single person at the next table chose to move, I'm sure because she heard everything we said and may not have found us interesting. Or maybe too interesting?Special Features:
- Expected more..........OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2014Recent lunch at Barbuzzo, a hot spot in the neighborhood. Filled up quickly, literally lined up at the door for the 12 noon opening. The spot is charming but it is difficult to read the menu in the poor lighting. The tables are very tight and so close together you are literally dining with your neighbor. The metal chairs very uncomfortable. The food is good but differs from as described on the menu with regard to listed ingredients. I felt disappointed in that the experience did not really measure up to the reviews. Was expecting great but really just average/good. Given all the more interesting restaurant choices in center city, do not plan to return.Special Features:
- Second Time & Still A CharmwarewithallDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful menu and wonderful room with great and very friendly service. First time we sat at the counter watching the kitchen hard at work. That was very fun. This time around we took a table and it was just as great and the food was just as I remembered. Delicious and....well.....DECLICIOUS! We do not get to Philly often but every time we do it is on our absolute TO DO LIST.Special Features:
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014I almost wishbI started my meal at dessert, because their salted caramel budino is one of the top 5 desserts I have ever had! All the food tastes carefully prepared, and was absolutely delicious! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BarbuzzocuddlykoalaDined on 9/12/2014Being a vegetarian, I often find myself in a corner with the menu and nothing that I can eat. Fortunately, that didn't happen at Barbuzzo. In fact, the restaurant week menu had amazing options for me [that's right multiple dishes!]. I had picked it, being a foodie that I am, because of its different delicacies and great location. Let me tell you, serving a vegetarian didn't stop Barbuzzo from pulling all the stops. I was wowed at every single course all the way up til the end. It was just a spectacular experience and I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WandererVIPDined on 9/12/2014Wood fired pizza is great and salads quite good. Vibe is fresh and noise level high but not too high for conversation.Special Features:
- Outstanding!avaloneDined on 9/11/2014I went to Barbuzzo for Restaurant Week and they were very accommodating! My date was almost a half hour late, but they still let me sit down at my table and order a drink while I waited for her. They did not rush me or keep coming to bug me to try to see when she was coming. They were very kind and were just making sure I was enjoying myself. The food was out of this world and the drinks were great. Everything was fresh and cooked to perfection. Definitely will be going back sometime in the near future.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerLisaGDined on 9/11/2014Came here with friends for restaurant week. There were great entree items on the menu, and we split all of the appetizers. Sea bass was superb. Service was great. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014We went for a birthday lunch, it was during restaurant week and they were busy but service was still good and the food was on point. I got the watermelon salad which was amazing.Special Features:
- Meh...Lrp123Dined on 9/11/2014Appetizers and dessert were very good. We had Kale and beet salad and Vegetable antipasta for appetizers and the Salted Caramel Budino for dessert...both were delicious. Our main course, was just mediocre. We had the Sunday supper pork ragu and the Salsiccia Pizza. Both dishes were a tepid temperature. Clearly, the dishes had been sitting before being served to us. The dishes themselves were uneventful. The service was polite but slow.
- Great dining experienceFoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Went for restaurant week and really enjoyed the food. The ricotta was great as well as the burrata appetizer. Had the gnocchi for my entree and it was delicious but a small portion and the budino lived up to the rave. I will def be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barbuzzo Rules? Customer ServiceRidiculousRulesDined on 9/9/2014Upon being seated we were told that our entire party (5 people) would either need to ALL order from the restaraunt week menu or everyone would need to order from the normal menu. This sent all of us into a very awkward scenario. I have never heard of this in the many years I've participated in restaraunt week. We had to do some careful considering since we had two people who didn't want that much food and had dietary restrictions. The service was Fair however for lunch they should speed things up a bit since many folks have to head back to work. I was not impressed.Special Features:
- foodiedudieVIPDined on 9/8/2014Killer kale and beet salad, yum pizza with fungi and octopus . Glad they offered both restaurant week option and regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningRedWineDined on 9/8/2014Barbuzzo's cooks and staff really out-did themselves with their Restaurant Week menu. Everything was tasty and fresh and paired nicely with the wine (I ordered the tempranillo). I highly recommend the pear and walnut salad (really, they should just add it to their fall menu) and the gnocchi. Our waiter was very attentive and personable, and did a great job describing and talking up the dishes without over-selling. The kitchen service was also very quick - a pleasant surprise for Restaurant Week, when we all know it can get a little crazy. Overall, I highly recommend Barbuzzo, and I'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Best meatballs ever!ScarlettJezDined on 9/8/2014We went to Barbuzzo for my birthday, which always seems to fall during restaurant week. We were seated promptly for our 5:30 reservation and our server was extremely attentive. We decided to order from the regular menu and started our meal splitting a Margherita pizza, which was quite tasty. My boyfriend ordered the rosemary pork and I had the stuffed meatballs. The rosemary pork was delicious, but the meatballs were to die for! Overall, the food was incredible and the service was excellent. My only complaint is that I felt like I needed shoehorn to get into my seat. The hostess had to move the table to let me in. Just way too close for my comfort but the food will bring us back!Special Features:
- BarbuzzoValerieDined on 9/7/2014Great experience! We went there for restaurant week and the food was great! They also had a great wine list to go with the restaurant week menu.Special Features:
- Good but not amazingajswaiDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed the restaurant week menu, very nice choices and good portions. Waitstaff not terribly attentive but this was not a problem and we were sitting outside which may have played a role. Food was yummy but I wasn't blown away (after seeing reviews I was prepared for amazing). Enjoyable but won't make our list of places to get back to.Special Features:
- DeliciousJennDined on 9/7/2014This was our first time here, and we will absolutely be back. Beautiful food.Special Features:
- Excellent Food for the DeafenedDaneDined on 9/5/2014The food was delicious and inspired. Noteworthy were the tender pastas, the sausage, and the stuffed squash blossoms. The atmosphere was hip and cozy. The food is served as it becomes ready. This was fine overall, but there were a couple of overly long delays on top of a wait to be seated despite our having a reservation. The real knock on this establishment is that it's too loud. Because the pace of our being seated and served was so leisurely, we ended up going across the street for dessert rather than endure the cacophony any longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A complete 180!DoodleDined on 9/4/2014We returned to Barbuzzo after dining there a year ago. It's conveniently located within a few blocks of the theater we were attending. It wasn't until I stepped in the door, that my feelings of regret came back to me. The restaurant is very dark - you have to read the menu by the light of a small candle on each table. The tables are small and extremely close to each other. A largish man or woman would have difficulty squeezing into their seat. Although I was asking myself, "Why did we come back here again?" I quickly had an attitude change! The menu offers tapas (small plates to share) - the most FABULOUS food, artistic presentation & unique pairings I have ever eaten. NOW I remember why we came back! Go! It's heaven!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a perpetual favoritepassion4fdVIPDined on 9/3/2014Love the food, never disappoints- Fresh, well prepared, tasty dishesSpecial Features:
- Hot, and not in a good waydmphillyDined on 9/2/2014Unfortunately, my latest experience at Barbuzzo was very disappointing. We had a reservation, were seated promptly but uncomfortably at a very cramped table. One half hour later, after ordering and beginning our meal, we were both sweating and asked for the AC to be turned up. We learned from the waitress, that the AC was broken. Now these things happen, but when it's 88 degrees outside, I think you deserve to be told upon arrival that it will be hot. Ruined our meal -- we ate some of it and then left quickly to go somewhere cooler. No apology or accommodation offered. Not very customer friendly.
- Great food, service lackingYoungLizzyDined on 9/1/2014Went for a birthday dinner with my mom and siblings; food was great, we ordered a total of 5 dishes to share. We finished everything! The zucca pizza and gnocchi were our favorite. The budino was amazing. We had some questions about the menu and asked our server for help choosing some dishes, and she didn't really say much to help us pick. She just kind of picked some 'best sellers' without telling us what made them so special. Luckily everything we ordered was really amazing, so the server lucked out. I'm sure that everything on this restaurant's menu is great. I definitely will be coming back!Special Features: