110 S 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbuzzo.com/
- Phone: 2155469300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Saturday: 12pm-3pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marcie B Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Barbuzzo Restaurant
Barbuzzo is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village area of center city. We serve small plates intended to share. With a wood-burning oven for pizzas & roasting, Barbuzzo’s menu features rustic, hand crafted regional fare such as: Grilled Octopus with fingerlings, roasted peppers & soppressata; Parsnip ravioli with duck ragu and roasted pears; Uovo Pizza with brussel leaves, guanciale, & truffle farm egg. Menu items range in price from $3 to $32. Barbuzzo has a full bar featuring Mediterranean wines, craft beers and cocktails. We have bar and counter seating overlooking the open kitchen available for walk ins.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Barbuzzo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Barbuzzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
436 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (342)neighborhood gem (211)hot spot (188)romantic (115)special occasion (109)great for lunch (86)vibrant bar scene (73)late-night find (65)great for outdoor dining (56)notable wine list (50)good for groups (17)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- business lunchlogan0203VIPDined on 10/29/2014I had lunch with a client and everything was very good including the food and the service, but the table we were sitting at was very cramped and uncomfortable.Special Features:
- OutstandingMangiaVIPDined on 10/27/2014Food and service... Just great. I'm still thinking of the mordadella pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I finally got to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014I've been wanting to try Barbuzzo for years, but either had too large of a group or just couldn't get a reservation. The food was excellent, and I love that you can get small plates to try different things. My group had the tortelli, gnocchi, short ribs, brussel sprouts, and spaghetti. We also had a few desserts, but I didn't get dessert so I can't recall exactly what they were. We had a lot of pasta because there was a vegetarian in the group. The gnocchi might have been my favorite, but the short ribs were delicious. I love short ribs and theirs was trimmed perfectly so you don't have to cut half of it away because it's too fatty. I would definitely go back and highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014My friend and I dined here for the first time last weekend. The food was excellent. The dishes were on the small side, but with an appetizer and a desert they were perfect. I really enjoyed the pumpkin-themed tiramisu. My friend had the pudding with caramel and sea salt and said it was the best desert she ever had. My only complaint would be the noise level and the fact that our table was kind of squeezed into the entrance, making it a bit difficult to both hear and navigate one's way around.Special Features:
- Pre Symphony DinnerCatherineBDined on 10/25/2014We have eaten here a few times and it is always excellent. Many choices of small plates to share. This is a TINY place so be prepared to be close to your neighbors. Noise level was fairly high, but overall no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy. Tasty. Loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Larger portions than tapas. Small and crowded. Super loud, don't expect to have a conversation without yelling an/or repeating yourself. We had a rather intoxicated woman practically screaming behind us, rude. Salted caramel budino was the best course (dessert) of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Fabulous food. Small plates were great for sharing, waitress knew her stuff!!!Special Features:
- CONSISTENCYPhilsPhanDined on 10/23/2014The best thing about Barbuzzo is their consistency, by far! The drinks, the staff, their welcoming service and of course the food. I've been there many times and it keeps getting better and never ceases to amaze me with their flavors. As a restaurant GM who is also a trained chef, I know and appreciate the efforts of the Exec. Chef, owners , management and staff. You've got me as a customer for the long haul, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kikiVIPDined on 10/22/2014Fabulous food. Energetic atmosphere - meaning smaller space with tables close together so can be noisy - in a fun way. Will try to go there anytime I back in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Great placePhillyPhoodieDined on 10/21/2014They do real Mediterranean food in an artistic and very flavorful way. Really top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Too DarkFrecklesDined on 10/20/2014Call me old, but I need a little more light to see the outlines of the menu, let alone what is written on it. But the food was excellent and fairly priced, and the service was good. Barbuzzo should provide tiny flashlights for reading by!Special Features:
- BarbuzzoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014No need to return - very good food but had to use the flashlight on my I Phone to read the menu and see the food delivered to the table. As mentioned the food was very good except pumpkin ravioli which was ok but way overpriced. Restaurant too crammed. A one and done experience for meSpecial Features:
- Too Dark and NoisyMadJaneDined on 10/18/2014The food was good, but the ambiance totally offputting. It's so dark one can't read the menu without a flashlight. The tables are so close together that one has no privacy at all. The noise level is deafening. Lose the music.
- Wonderful place for everyone!Nan791Dined on 10/18/2014An older couple always in search for great food, we found Barbuzzo a place with buzz, up-to-date, creative food --and helpful wait staff. This is our third or fourth visit (Oct 2014) since last year. Everyone orders the salted caramel bodino, with flavors of dissolving caramel, bits of chocolate, and a creamy base. Pizza is also good--wood-fired, toppings that can be tasted because mozzarella isn't over all. The restaurant is very small but top-notch in offering a good time on a weekend night; lines are always out the door. Try anything they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College Kids FavoriteFordVIPDined on 10/18/2014Every time we visit our children at college we must go to Barbuzzo. The Opentable app comes in very handy when we get the frantic call from our son reminding us to make a reservation (which is often very hard to get). Food is original and great and during the warmer months eating outside, and watching the people pass by, is great.Special Features:
- Busy fun area for lunchDissapointingDishVIPDined on 10/18/2014Nice shops, several restaurants outdoor eating..hard to walk on sidewalk in certain spots. Met friend for lunch, first ones in @ noon when place opened. Told hostess, if possible, please don't seat people next to us, want to talk, been awhile since we saw each other.Tables too close together. Within 15 min, she is bringing back 2 women..who didn't want to sit next to us either. Place empty. WHY do they do that??? Bugers different taste..very good. Friend had a pork sandwich & enjoyed it. We'd go back...nice for lunch. Drinks creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Barbuzzo is not to be missed! The waitstaff was informative on how to order, the food delicious and the small plates were perfect for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spot!SuavewifwaDined on 10/13/2014Everything we ordered here was delicious - stuffed meatballs, antipasto platter, uovo pizza. I had been here for dinner years ago and have been wanting to come back with my husband. We both enjoyed our lunch very much. They've really got a good thing going here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014We were seated at a table for two that was only a couple of inches away from the table next to us. It made it very awkward for conversation and was very loud. Food was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzzo lovemoradriDined on 10/11/2014People even were eating outside because the food is that delicious and it was a crisp fall evening.Special Features:
- One of the best Philly restaurantsYumYumDined on 10/11/2014This was my first time here. The food was excellent and the portions were smaller and reasonably priced. This allowed me and my family to try more dishes, all of which we loved. The service was also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the foodCitySlickerDined on 10/10/2014Although the lighting is limited, the noise levels are high & your individual seating space is limited, the food was excellent. From appetizers to entrees to dessert, this was one of the best meals I have had in some time. Because it was a weekend night, the restaurant was packed with no room to spare. Due to busy scene, entrees were delivered approximately 10 minutes apart. I would return, knowing that the food is the reason, keeping the other limitations in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post David Lynch exhibit dinnerJerzeePeachDined on 10/10/2014First time at Barbuzzo! The cocktails were wonderful, creative, cold and satisfying. Our server made several excellent suggestions and our shared plates were delicious and more than filling. The famous meatballs were spicy and salty! There are not enough adjectives to describe the SALTED CARAMEL BUDANO. OMG what a taste, what a texture, what a treat. The dinner experience was very hip and fun. Definitely planning another dinner soon. Shopping next door was also excellent 😎Special Features:
- VERY NICE EXPERIENCEAuntEyeDined on 10/9/2014Great service, ambiance, and food. My dining partner and I thought everything was great expect for our salads:) The beet salad in my opinion was lacking the beets though the taste was good. The octopus was amazing...so tasty! Great drinks...unfortunately no room for dessert but we will return again for dessert:)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/6/2014Our server informed us to ordered 2 items per person, which we did. The beet and green salads were so light and tasty. The combination of different greens and vegetables made the salads outstanding. the main course of pork loin slices and stuffed meatballs were of ample portions and very delicious. Our server was efficient and very attentive. The best part was that it was so reasonably priced. Atmosphere was very lively, but fun. we marvelled how the servers navigated the narrow 1 person walkway to serve the guests. this was all done with a relaxed fluid manner.....no accidents! Seating is very tight so we were glad that we were not tall people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinallyWeLoveEatingDined on 10/6/2014I have been wanting to go to Barbuzzo for a long time and I finally did this week. I was not disappointed! I can't wait to go back and try more dishes. The service was great and the food was exceptional!Special Features:
- DisappointingJessieJDined on 10/5/2014I've eaten here several times now and each meal, until most recent, had been better than the one before. Seats have always been unforgiving and tight like sardines, but I was willing to tolerate it because the food was so good. Not the case Sunday night. Sheep's milk ricotta was delish as always, as was beet salad, but my sister's ravioli, which was rich enough as it was, was DROWNING in butter and my skirt steak was so tasteless that I had to return it! I mean no flavor at all. I asked for some salt & pepper to try to doctor it up, but it did not help at all. Our waitress was pleasant and accommodating about my retuning my meal and ordering something else at least. I must be getting old since noise level @ 5:30 on a Sunday was too much!!Special Features:
- Barbuzzo Has Gone DownhillNatasha1983VIPDined on 10/1/2014Barbuzzo used to be my go to spot, but after last week's dinner, we will not be returning. Besides the tables being cramped, the food was subpar to prior visits. The menu and food delivered has changed and not for the better- Sheep's Milk ricotta was excellent, but the burrata salad was flavorless and the octupus was overcooked. I had the gnocchi, but again, it lacked flavor and was disappointing. My fiance had the pork loin, but it more of a shoulder cut and not appetizing. Sure, it's cheap, but it not worth the money when there are so many other comparable restaurants to choose from in the city.
- The food was very goodDave5600Dined on 10/1/2014The food was very good but the service was excellent. It was well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014The food is consistently amazing here. The beet salad is great and the pizzas are some of the best in the city. Service was stiff but not so bad that we would not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2014Appetizers were ok but no better than ok. Bronzino entree was appetizer portion and so salty as to be nearly inedible. Pasta was also much too salty. We passed on the salted caramel signature dessert. Given the good reviews by others, we were extremely disappointed.
- Great food alwaysJPTR1Dined on 9/28/2014The food here is always top notch. And always a nice night out.Special Features:
- eatdrink.eatdrinkDined on 9/28/2014Consistently delicious.I have dined here several times and am never disappointed. There is always something new to try whether it be a veggie or an entree. The only thing missing is a little more space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEYOND AMAZINGMangiaDined on 9/27/2014Every time I go here I am in awe all over again of how incredible this place is. The menu changes up a bit seasonally and everything they serve is off the charts. Get the burrata! Seriously not a bad thing on this whole menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good solid food and serviceJamesJosephDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our meal, The restaurant was packed but we had a reservation and were seated immediately. We had a very good fungi pizza to start, wood fired stove made all the difference, then we had an order of the meat balls and gnocchi both good. Service was also attentive and very pleasant. I would certainly reccomend this restaurant
- Worth the trip!DaveDined on 9/26/2014We came in from central New Jersey for the weekend and were able to get a 9pm reservation on a Friday night. Our table was waiting when we arrived, even though there was a line of people waiting and the place was packed. Food was fabulous, creative, tasty, fresh, and well presented. Service was excellent. Sangria was great. Waiter and staff were attentive and helpful. The crowd was mostly 20 and 30 somethings, and us much older, but young at heart and mind. We loved excitement and energy in the place just as much as the food. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerWINEandDINEDined on 9/26/2014I found this place online after a lot of research I decided we should try it out. We were only in Philadelphia for a Lon weekend and only had the opportunity to try a few top-rated restaurants. We made a reservation for 8pm on Friday night. We got there early, checked in with the host who informed us that our table wasn't ready yet. That's okay, she took our phone number and we shopped around in stores on the street nearby. Around 8:15 we checked back in and the table still wasn't ready. She did a great job keeping us informed and we got a free app when we finally did sit down. Totally worth the wait! Everything we had was perfect. My boyfriend said eating here was an emotional experience! We even went back for lunch the next day. MUST GO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughtLuvnyfoodDined on 9/26/2014It was a great experience. Intimate setting. Great service and great food. It was a bit loud but would highly recommend . We thought it was going to be more upscale. We were presently surprised. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the kidsTaylorDined on 9/26/2014I found that this was as close as you could get to a pretentious without actually crossing that line. As someone not used to that kind of dining, the menu could be overwhelming, but the staff was willing to answer questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved BarbuzzoKwein23Dined on 9/25/2014Has a fantastic meal at Barbuzzo. Excellent food, great service and although a 'tight fit' of tables in a jam packed space, we never felt cramped or hovered over. Staff does a great job moving about. The grilled octopus salad outstanding as were the pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.