775 Washington St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbutonyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 924-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00 am
Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Waxman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that accommodates up to 10 people, and our chefs table fits up to 14 people.
A word from Barbuto
Barbuto is a casual Italian Eatery in the Meat Packing District featuring the seasonal green market cuisine of Jonathan Waxman. We accept reservations for parties of three or more and all parties of two are accommodated on a walk-in basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barbuto reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (61)great for outdoor dining (50)hot spot (38)good for groups (26)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (19)romantic (15)special occasion (14)late-night find (13)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (9)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Very well executed food :-)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Wonderfully cooked and seasoned food paired with great service. The gnocchi was delicious and cooked to perfection. The Chicken Al Forno was very tasty and cooked very well but was literally just chicken with a hint of "salsa verde" on top. In my opinion it needed a drizzle of some sort of sauce (not just olive oil) and should have been paired with a vegetable of some sort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome meal here. Have the chicken and gnocchi.eats4veetsDined on 11/12/2014Had a great meal here at the recommendation of a friend. I never get chicken at a restaurant-it seems like a waste but I was told it was a must at Barbuto-wow is it good! Would highly recommend Barbuto to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KnurxthVIPDined on 10/30/2014Loved the Brussels sprout salad and the chicken with salsa verde!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/17/2014Our first time to this restaurant with another couple. Don't be fooled by the deceptively simple menu - everything we ordered was just Wow. Shaved cauliflower salad was nicely crunchy even though it was dressed too much. Liver pate was just right on grilled bread. Tagliatelle with the ragout had a surprise kick and the gnocchi was light - all delicious. Entrees were well seasoned and flavorful. Waitstaff was patient and attentive. Great casual vibe. Children were welcomed and high-chairs available. Lots of taxis and police cars with flashing lights going by but it didn't detract from the experience. Would recommend it for casual dining with satisfying food.
- Skip the pizzaFitzDined on 10/17/2014We brought friends from out of town and lucked out with a beautiful day, perfect for the open doors! Our guest unfortunately ordered pizza. At $19 for a individual size you would think the mushroom on the "fungi pie" would come with more the a small mushroom cut in four on it. However, the kale salad, chicken and fish dish were great! Our waitstaff was the other disappointment... Having to ask for our ordered wine and a bread plate and more. Perhaps she was new...but really!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian hearty portionsLuvmyfoodDined on 10/16/2014Good wine list, food portions very large, a noticeably great cauliflower salad. Staff was attentive and very friendly, a definite spot for after work crowd and locals. The location is great and an eclectic menu, so not strict Italian food. Nice to eat undercover outside as the last days of autumn started to dissipate into winter. Would defiantly go back, but after a long day travelling ate there the day I landed in NY, I would say it's more of a crowd pleaser and not a low key dinner spot.Special Features:
- Great lunchPhoenicianDined on 10/16/2014We had a super enjoyable experience. The service was excellent. The atmosphere is relaxed and causal but the food is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllenDined on 10/15/2014Beautiful Fall day, and enjoyed a lovely lunch with some girl friends.Really good food, wonderful to still be sitting outside.Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/11/2014Barbuto is hands down my new favorite restaurant. Our party ordered a couple of pasta dishes (ask for the carbonara even if it's not on the menu - they can always whip it up!) and of course the JW chicken and the hanger steak along with some of the side dishes and everything was fabulous. Highlight of the meal was the side of potatoes, these are easily the best potatoes you'll find in NYC. Be sure to reserve your table far in advance as reservations fill up quickly and for a good reason.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Have eaten many meals at Barbuto and it never disappoints. Great place for Lunch or Dinner and aways great service and great menu..Special Features:
- My new favorite!kiki8VIPDined on 10/7/2014I loved Barbuto! The food and wine was excellent, but my favorite part of the restaurant was the ambiance and decor. The gnocchi, chicken and cauliflower salad are my all time favorites!Special Features:
- perfectplecticalVIPDined on 10/6/2014its all about the food. nothing more to say. eat there.Special Features:
- Awesome All Around, Food, Service!RaineVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have dined at Barbuto 3 times in the last year and it never disappoints. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM YUM YUM!GennaVIPDined on 9/29/2014Jonathan Waxman always outdoes himself! This restaurants is AMAZING - everything we ordered was to die for! The JW Chicken is my favorite dish - juicy, big portion (1/2 chicken) and so flavorful. We also has the panzanella salad (with an amazing vinegar dressing!), the potatoes which melted in your mouth, the skirt steak (a little salty) and amazing wine! I can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014Was great by everyone asked, except our own server.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Italian BistroMeowzerDined on 9/17/2014Everything was wonderful. The pollo al forno in particular was spectacular. The entire ambience reminded my wife of Italy.Special Features:
- I would never go there againbudbarb2Dined on 9/13/2014Although the food was good, the service was impersonal and rushed. On the telephone, I told the receptionist that one in the party was celebrating a birthday. When I arrived I reminded the hostess and indicated the person. When dessert came, nothing happened. When we were leaving, I pointed this out to the hostess. She indicated a sense of annoyance and said that she had told the waiter. But we were served by several, so I do not know what she meant. Going to Barbuto is not an experience I would repeat.
- excellent dinner spotrshorensVIPDined on 9/9/2014I am from California and came for the famous roast chicken. it was delicious, very reasonably priced, large portion. The potatoes were superb. Good wine list. We had the Bastianich Italian sauvignon blanc. A very hopping place at nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great last minute lunchkate68Dined on 9/8/2014A friend and I decided to go to Barbuto for lunch at the last minute and I was surprised I could get a table. Had been trying, I guess mostly for dinner, and they were always booked. We got to sit by the sidewalk which was very pleasant. We split two salads, kale and cauliflower, both were outstanding, healthy and satisfying. Service was friendly and prompt. I'm actually hesitating to hit send on this because I was ready to give up after always finding it booked. But here goes...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food - horrible serviceKeekee24Dined on 8/27/2014Waiter wasa rude and dismissive. Seemed inconvenienced to wait on our table. Shame - food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Good but noisyItalophileVIPDined on 8/26/2014I really like this restaurant. The food is great and the ambiance very downtown. As it is in a converted garage, it's very noisy. I wouldn't consider going here with more than 4 people because I wouldn't be able to hear anyone who wasn't sitting next to me.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantCJoyDined on 8/26/2014Barbuto has become my favorite restaurant in a city of fabulous restaurants. The food is always, always outstanding -- the chicken is famous for a reason. This last time we were there we had dessert -- a treat -- the biscotti were so yummy and crunchy and tasted like home. The budino is elegant and silky and sexy. The place is loud and noisy and a scene. If you're looking for intimate and quiet, choose someplace else. But, the wait staff -- including the back staff -- is wonderful -- always pleasant and patient and attentive. Carlos took care of us the other night and he was awesome.Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed every course and appreciated the swift service, comfortable dining room, lively crowd, and friendly staff. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, great to see the chef was in the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly serviceMvegaDined on 8/23/2014Everyone, even the bus boys, were extremely polite and charismatic. The food was great and the waitress was extremely helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barbuto is WonderfulPeterfromDallasTexasDined on 8/15/2014A great place to go for dinner....the atmosphere was super and the food was top. The service was just ok. Still, a real gem in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly staffOttawaCanadaVisitorDined on 8/13/2014We recently visited NYC and went to Barbuto on the recommendation of our daughter and son-in-law who visited previously. It did not disappoint. The restaurant had a neighbourhood vibe and the open garage-type doors was welcome on a sunny summer day where you feel like you are outside no matter where you sit. The staff was very friendly and also knowledgeable when questioned on the menu. We ordered the kale salad, their signature roast chicken and the gnocchi dish and all three were delicious. To top it off, at the end of our meal, they surprised us with a chocolate mousse dessert - gratis - a very nice touch. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone living in or visiting NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIGDinnerVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food at Barbuto was simply outstanding and the portions are huge! This is one of the best value restaurants for both quality and portion size in NYC. The staff was very accommodating and service was friendly. Don't miss the pasta dishes! The bar menu was varied but not extensive with plenty to choose from. Overall I was very impressed and will be back.Special Features:
- Fabulous as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a family dinner at Barbuto for my wife's birthday. One of our favorite places. The food was excellent as always. Don't miss the chicken, gnocci or swordfish. Really nice wine list with very reasonable prices. Service was great & they sent out dessert with a candle. They make you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual fine diningMortyDined on 7/29/2014Great outdoor summer vibe. Had the skirt steak which had flavourful seasoning and really tender. Everyone in our group enjoyed their meal. Got a bit noisy at times.Special Features:
- Great Pollo!FoodFanaticVIPDined on 7/29/2014To think that the chicken is the first and last thing you mentioned would mean you missed out on all the other delicious food. The Gnocchi is delectable and the other options sublime. Can't comment about other dishes as can't get that Pollo out of my mind.Special Features:
- The following 777 reviews are from the Barbuto reviews archive.
- LovedSsa1234VIPDined on 7/24/2014Emailed them before about food restrictions.. the server knew and was ready to accomodate. Good was A+. Kale salad and gnocchi with haZelnuts were amazing. Corn bucatini dish and cod w salsa verde(change we made bc we don't eat meat or shellfish) were great. Dessert tora w blueberries was also awesome. Only fail was panini dessert. Noise level was high but not so high we couldn't hear each other. Place was full w doors open and weather was perfect. We were seated right away. No complaints. 745 res we were out by 930...perfect timing. Apps came out a bit slow but we were enjoying the rose so we hardly noticed. Def worth a visit. Well be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeNJUnitedDined on 7/20/2014Barbuto never fails to deliver a fun time based on excellent food, service and a lively West Village scene. The patates are memorableSpecial Features:
- good but we had a cheep problem!Shogun1947Dined on 7/12/2014my wife ordered a great blush white wine with her meal....food was great...I asked for another glass of wine, the server brought the bottle and poured a small amount into my wife's glass, before I stopped her and said No, not a refill, I want a glass,...at which point she picked my wife's glass up and took it away, as she had put some extra wine in her glass, that she would not have paid for....cheep cheep cheep! other than that great noisy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is delicious!ILuvfoodDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend of mine. I must say the food is prepared simple yet it is so tasty! We had the kale salad to start which was tasty. The size is big enough to split with 2-3 people. There were 3 of us in our party and it was just enough for us. Two of us ordered the skirt steak and my other friend had the chicken. The skirt steak was delicious and seasoned perfectly!! My friend gave me a piece of her chicken to try and like other reviews- delicious and juicy. Even the white meat was moist! I would highly recommend this restaurant. I made a reservation on line and arrived late due to traffic and they gladly accommodated us. Service was great too. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!SweetpeaVIPDined on 7/7/2014Dined here with a group of friends and it was amazing! Ihad the gnocchi as recommended by the server - and my friends had risotto and the chicken. All was extremely good! We ended by sharing the chocolate pudding which shouldn't be missed. It is just so good!!! The place is popular and it was packed by the time we left on a Monday night. Highly recommend and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtodineDined on 7/6/2014The food was delicious. Had the kale salad and roasted chicken. However, although our waiter was as nice as he could be- he would disappear on us! Several times we had to ask for something through a busboy we flagged down...all the way to the end of our meal to request our check!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food and great ambienceAwesomeDined on 7/4/2014Great location and atmosphere. The veal ragu pasta was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/4/2014The food is perfectly prepared and tastes amazing. The staff is great and attentive! Its a must if you're in the area.Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Pizza uovo excellent. Love the Sinsky rose offered, though 20/glass is beyond steep. If I still lived in the neighborhood, would go back again and again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.