1290 Third Street South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://barbatellanaples.com/
- Phone: 2392631955
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Pizza available between Lunch and Dinner Daily; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dario Leo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call to arrange
- Private Party Contact: Tara Mackay 2394347258
A word from Barbatella
Barbatella a new kind of restaurant that will grow on you in the same way that the leaves & branches of a grape vine develop out of a shoot: a "barbatella" Barbatella offers an extensive menu that incorporates fresh interpretations of authentic dishes. You will enjoy pasta with typical ingredients from Emilia-Romagna, the Veneto, Tuscany, Puglia & the Adriatic shores. Meat & fish on the rotisserie & the grill or in the deep-fryer & the smoker: whole roast duck, smoked pork baby back ribs, Venetian style meatballs, & much more. In our wood-burning oven we will make signature pizzas with cheeses & garnishes that emphasize a fresh Italian take on a favorite. Another exciting prospect at Barbatella is the production of home-made Italian ices, gelatos & sorbets– available as individual portions to enjoy as you wander around Old Naples. Barbatella has beautiful courtyard setting with views along Third Street. There is a sixteen-seat bar which features 100 wines available by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Barbatella - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Barbatella reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- The Grouper not worth the dollarsJBM28VIPDined on 9/27/2014This was the second time we have dined at this restaurant. The first time was very good but the second time came up short. We had the Gulf Black Grouper which was supposed to be made in a green sauce with olives and sun dried tomatoes over mashed potatoes. I think something went wrong with the sauce. The best I could tell was the sauce was white with a couple of sliced olives and some bits of sun dried tomatoes. You could hardly tell the difference between the fish and the mashed potatoes and neither had any flavor. This was just a bland meal not worth the dollars.Special Features:
- JayTVIPDined on 8/31/2014An excellent restaurant if you don't want a more formal dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellent - old naples gemTwigsVIPDined on 8/9/2014another great experience - food,wine, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Hate2CookVIPDined on 7/12/2014I've eaten in all areas of this restaurant but I still like outside the best. But on a "rainy" Florida night, the booths in the bar are best. I must say I was a but disappointed in the Ravioli. They were much too small and undercooked. Maybe it's because of out-of-season staff changes. The three others with me enjoyed their salmon and lasagne. Martinis were great. I'll go back. When you are used to great food and service, it is disappointing.Special Features:
- Great night out...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent dining experience... Staff was knowledgeable and personable... entertainment was enjoyable... highly recommend putting your selections in the hands of Mario and the staff....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendMichelleVIPDined on 7/4/2014We ate at Barbatella on the 4th of July and even though they were jammed, we were seated within 10 minutes of our reservation and our service was excellent - not too fast and not too slow. We had our two kids with us. One had children's pasta the other had the Margherita Pizza. The pizza was large enough for us all to try a slice. The pizza was about the best we ever had. The adults had one salmon dinner and one black grouper dinner. Each were expertly prepared with sauces that were deliciously complimentary to the taste of the fish but not overbearing. We had enough time to enjoy gelato before the fireworks. Perfect all the way!Special Features:
- Where have you been hiding??Liv2eatoutVIPDined on 7/2/2014What a pleasant surprise Barbatella turned out to be! We didn't even know it existed, which I guess says something about the owners' marketing strategies! This place is a find! We were there on Wednesday night and enjoyed our own bottle of very good wine with no corkage fee! And they have daily sunset dining specials for $19.50 during the summer months! The food was excellent and our waiter, Aldo, was great! We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- Great FindbkmartellVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to Barbatella. We enjoyed the food and like the variety of the menu items. Dining inside was a little noisy not because of too many customers, but rather the acoustics. Next time we will try to sit outside assuming it won't rain. We definitely will return for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!!!naplesfoodieVIPDined on 6/18/2014Went on a Wed. and had their $19.50 dinner special. Great value for a delicious meal. I had the shrimp and scallops and my husband had the chicken Parm. Both were excellent. Also you can bring your own bottle of wine on Wed. and there is no corkage fee. Makes this a deal not to be missed.Special Features:
- Lovely Evening!miamichachiDined on 6/14/2014Great food & wine (highly recommend the lasagna) plus wonderful entertainment in a lovely and casual outdoor setting. What more can you say, we had a fantastic time at Barbatellas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel Like FamilyRobertRiessDined on 6/3/2014Great group of owners and staff that makes you feel great! I will go every week. Have the Diavola PIZZA! I have been in 57 countires and that is the best pizza I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 494 reviews are from the Barbatella reviews archive.
- Nice PlaceJim11743VIPDined on 5/30/2014I must say I was quite impressed with the the place. The food was good, the mood was excellent and I loved the live music. The only issue was the table next to me (outdoors) had two quests plus two dogs. I love dogs.but a place to go out to dinner be it eitherither inside or outside should not allow dogs at the table where food is being served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014we really enjoyed the setting and found great food at reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first nice experiencearmyDined on 5/23/2014The pizza is quite outstanding, reminds the original Neapolitan one. Salads are also outstanding: the caesar one could be nice with the anchovies, but should be an optional. The ice creams of any type are also on the top, I would suggest also to add a dark bitter chocolate taste. The wine list is a top notch too. Sorry, the outdoor dining could be fine but the smog left by the car traffic is not matching at all with the healthy and tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian dinnnerfoodiegirlDined on 5/17/2014I had a lovely time at this restaurant. It was a special night for my fiancee and I and we could not have asked for a more romantic setting. There was live music playing and candles. The food was delicious and the gelato was even better.Special Features:
- Love Barbatella!JanetVIPDined on 5/16/2014We have been going to Barbatella since they opened approx. 2 years ago. It is one of our favorite places to dine! The food and the ambiance are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Naples DiningDestindinerDined on 5/15/2014Two years ago this restaurant was a 5+. It has lost a little of its aura, but it's still top notch.Special Features:
- Amazing lasagna!TravelgirlVIPDined on 5/13/2014Just returned from Italy and missing all the wonderful food, I was pleasantly surprised to find the lasagna exactly As I remembered in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A turn for the worstRolandVIPDined on 5/11/2014We ate regularly at Barbatela because of its fine Italian cuisine but on Sat 05/10/2014 they drastically changed the menu for the worst trying to Americanize it and winding up no better than the Olive Garden or Pizza Hut. The pasta is no longer served al dente but mushy. The only thing Italian about their chicken panini is the name; we got an AMERICAN (bread) chicken sandwich with RUSSIAN dressing and annoying CUBA music playing in the background. We gently tried to tell the waiter to convey to management our experience and he practically barked back at us to the point where we have decided not to go back.
- MamaBearVIPDined on 5/9/2014Just loved it here. The food was great and the outdoor courtyard was very cozy!Special Features:
- DisappointedNuvieDined on 5/9/2014Dined here on 4 occasions. Menu appeared to be more limited. Food flavor just okay. Service was slow.
- Two BarbarellasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014When we arrived for our reservation the receptionist met us outside the front door and ushered us to the cafe side of the restaurant - not the beautiful chandeliered green room we saw online. I did not want to embarrass anyone in our foursome with complaints and so did not make a fuss. But there is a big difference in the ambience. We were in dressy casual attire, so I don't get it. Food was good but not outstanding. 3 glasses of wine, one appetizer, 2 pastas, and 2 desserts for $125. A bit pricey for cafe food. Will not return to Barbarella's.
- First Time DinersbbadgDined on 4/29/2014Excellent. We will be back. Hostess and Waiter,Randy were outstanding. Made us feel like regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constant FavoriteLsebastDined on 4/26/2014As always, another great experience! We love to eat outside at Barbatella's. The food is always terrific. The servers always have helpful suggestions for food and wine. We usually ask for Angel, our server on many prior occasions. This time a pleasant mistake was made and we had Angelo this time instead. He was equally good. Our 8 & 10 year old girls enjoy this place as much as us. the live music by the spanish guitarist was nice as well. Our "go-to" appetizer is the Arancini (by far the most amazing rice balls we've ever had. that's not easy, as we are Italian Americans from NYC area.)Special Features:
- Good ItalianEatOutNaplesVIPDined on 4/26/2014The food was good, we ordered salads and their specialty pizza. The service was a little slow but he still did a good job. I will return, I like the decor and the option to sit outside.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dining!LindyVIPDined on 4/24/2014I went to Barbatella with a group and we had a lovely meal. We sat outside in the courtyard and it was very comfortable. The service was terrific and the food delicious. I will go back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticquattrocaseDined on 4/23/2014We've been looking for authentic Bolognaise in the US since our last trip to Italy. Barbatella has it. We were a little late for our reservation, but called ahead and they were very accommodating. We had a lovely table, outside. The wait staff were attentive and helpful. This was our second great meal at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2014With a reservation had to wait 20 minutes Crowded conditions...service extremely slow...had to ask for food and assistance several times. Other tables...who arrived after we did- were served their meals well in advance of our table. Very unhappy evening. On a positive note -have better service during lunchtime over the past few yrs at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Just as good the second time!bettyblueDined on 4/18/2014This was the second time we have eaten here. Lovely outdoor seating with a small band playing music. Great menu and good nightly specials. The pasta is made in-house.Special Features:
- TrendyHawaiinutz0301Dined on 4/16/2014Not out first time dining at Barbatella. Trendy atmosphere , great service . This visit wasn't so happy with the brick oven pizza , felt it was undercooked not as crispy. Gelato is delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too crowdedLocalladyVIPDined on 4/12/2014We waited 30 minutes after our reservation time before we finally left. Initially told it would be 15 minutes. Ari have no idea how the food was but had to rate it for this review.Special Features:
- A poor betTJoptionsDined on 4/12/2014The four of us were rudely treated by the maitre'd when we arrived for our reservation. Then we had to stand around waiting for our table. At our outdoor table it was so loud we practically had to yell to each other. Tables were too packed together. Menu was disappointing. Service, which seemed to be made by three different guys, was lousy. Though we requested separate bills for the two couples, they refused to do so. We will not return!Special Features:
- Good vibe served with good food!GracieDined on 4/11/2014Barbatella has earned its marks as a vibrant choice in the 3rd Street scene! Dined outside with my London house guests and they were delighted with the food, and not just because it was tasty - they were especially pleased that the portions were not overwhelming but just right. Also appreciated that we were seated exactly at the time of our reservation and parmesan popcorn appeared immediately to nibble on while we decided on wine & firsts & seconds - all made for a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eat outdoorsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/10/2014Great chicken and pastas. Super service, waitstaff is always efficient and so nice. Beautiful outdoor setting. Save room for the gelato sundaes, amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnfortunateNeverbe4Dined on 4/10/2014I had heard good things about this restaurant but overall was disappointed. Service was friendly but very slow and I felt our waiter was new on the job. Food was very mediocre and we were seated next to the takeout area which we didn't realize until too late.Special Features:
- Fun Saturday NightAnnie17Dined on 4/5/2014Visiting Northern relatives enjoyed eating dinner outside at this popular restaurant and watching the Saturday night life from our table. From the eggplant to the lasagna to the nutella crepe - everything was delicious. And all the while, we were treated to live music from a wonderful guitar performer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badTinaVIPDined on 4/5/2014Last year they were the new kids on the block. This year they are resting on their laurels. In attentive service, small portions, bland taste, entitled attitude. It's really too bad. We truly enjoyed it last year, no reason to go back now.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/4/2014Fun place with great food and beautiful outdoor seating. Wonderful Music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this place!DiinStLouisDined on 4/3/2014Met friends & their two girls for dinner. Our waiter was attentive & knew to bring the girls their dinner before ours. The entrees we ordered were fantastic! Just a great place! Gelato is to die for!Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerDkurDined on 3/31/2014Everyone in my group enjoyed their dinner and desserts. Sat outside as it was a gorgeous night. Pizza was delicious. Only complaint which is not really a complaint is waiter talked to fast and was hard to understand. He also got sidetracked with other tables. But the food and drinks made up for it. Would definitely recommend and go back.Special Features: