843 Lexington Ave.
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barbarescorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2125172288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am -3:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Mila
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Barbaresco offers catering upon request for any kind of family or business gathering.
A word from Barbaresco
Welcome to Barbaresco Restaurant! There's a Neighborhoody feel to this Friendly Upper Eastern Side Restaurant. Old School Cuisine, exceptional wine list and warm attentive service. Very convenient for pre or post shopping dining from Bloomingdales.; Barbaresco Restaurant serves fresh, flavorful upscale-casual Italian-style dishes prepared from the finest ingredients sourced from around the world. We make everything by hand every day—from our delicious soups and flavorful sauces to our salad dressings and desserts. We recently expanded our wine list to include more moderately priced bottles of fine quality wines.; If you have a special occasion to celebrate or a business meeting, our menu offers more to choose from. Share the good times and come dine with us for fun, food, and spirits. ; We look forward to sharing our passion for good food and service with you, and welcome you as our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Barbaresco - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Barbaresco reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great dining/museum tripmastropopDined on 10/18/2014I come to this are for the museums but never know where to eat. I tool a chance on Barbaresco and it didn't disappoint! The reviews I found online were spot on. And the service exceeded expectation, even before I sat down to eat. You see, I passed the place as I was walking and the lovely waiter flagged me down! My friend and I had a spectacular Italian meal which included a delicious goat cheese and beets salad (the beets were shaved so thin, they were scrumptious), out of this world white beans with garlic and olive oil, and two yummy pasta dishes. They have a large number of delectable specials and a nice wine selection. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta perfectionDrDavidVIPDined on 10/16/2014The menu is not extensive and the presentations are not fancy but the vegetables are fresh, the sauces flavorful, and the pasta al dente. An exquisite taste experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- barneyrVIPDined on 10/14/2014A little disappointing. Have eaten here many times and always found the food and service to be exceptional, not so this time. Food was good but not as good as it usual and service was a bit distracted.Special Features:
- DCMOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Great food, very fresh tasting, light and delicious. Very happy with this find. Will definitely go back (hopefully) repeatedly.Special Features:
- Dissapoiunting at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The service was erratic and awful Waiter spilled glass of wine on me, made no effort to change wet tablecloth. My friend liked her appetizer, a composed salad of greens, beets and feta cheese. My salad was drenched in oil, but had a generous portion of parmesan cheese and stingy avocado. It was called an avocado salad but only had 3 slivers of avocado. The main course my friend ordered was veal scaloppini with artichoke and capers. She said the veal was fork tender and very tasty. I ordered the risotto with porcini mushroom. It lacked seasoning, was not creamy in a tomato based sauce. I didn't like it at all. It was not an experience that I would care to duplicate. We were there to celebrate my friends birthday, I was embarrassed.
- Barbaresco RestaurantCressidaDined on 9/24/2014The food was terrific. I asked for spaghetti bolognese which was not on the list and it was provided. The wait staff was attentive but did not hover. This was my first visit and I will return. It is best for two to four people although I saw a couple of tables of 8 in the back.Special Features:
- Decent local Italian; a bit chillyWoad2014VIPDined on 8/20/2014Barbaresco is an attractive neighborhood restaurant, good for a date or for out-of-town visitors who would enjoy a "typical" upscale Italian restaurant. The food is decent if uninspired, the prices reasonable, the service adequate if rather perfunctory, the waiters polite, professional, and not especially friendly (e.g., no "Goodbye" when you leave). Over the years Barbaresco has acquired a following, and many customers are apparently regulars--which seems to explain why, in spite of having a reservation and a request for table in a particular area, we can't get the area we prefer even when a table is obviously available. Which is why it has remained a standby and why, despite its virtues, I can't recommend it.
- A hidden gemChezClaudeDined on 8/3/2014This was our second time at the restaurant. Great food, service and everything again was great. Best bronzino I have ever had, delicious pasta, and a neighborhood gem. We will be back!Special Features:
- Very Nice Italian RestaurantLarrydermVIPDined on 8/1/2014We have been dining here for several years and always look forward to visiting. The menu is varied, and there are many choices. Sorry to say, the antipasto has been gone for sometime. The food is nicely prepared, and the service is attentive. They even have whole wheat pasta.Special Features:
- The following 101 reviews are from the Barbaresco reviews archive.
- Perfect.LittleMissDined on 6/21/2014Exactly what I was looking for when booking a dinner for myself, partner, and his parents. All of the food was fantastic. The house chianti is a must try. We had avocado salad, muscles, penne, ravioli, sorbet, and tiramisu aND a few other dishes. There was nothing to complain about the meal, staff or restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Food in a Pricey NeighborhoodHPFanVIPDined on 6/12/2014This is a fine choice for a pleasant Italian meal. In a neighborhood where it is hard to find a reasonably priced meal Barbaresco is a good choice.
- dickgutVIPDined on 6/9/2014Very much a neighborhood gem. It is filled almost every night with little publicity. Very accommodating staff, whether it is changing a dish from the way it is on the menu or bringing children. Traditional Italian food that is well prepared. Good, mainly Italian wine listSpecial Features:
- MarkVIPDined on 5/11/2014Very professional service; well prepared food of perfect portion size. Nice wine list at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/1/2014I have eaten here a number of time. Always consistent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High hopes and mediocre experiencen0mn0mVIPDined on 4/30/2014I went here for dinner with a friend and had high hopes. My expectations were quickly lowered by the poor service & mediocre food. Our waiter was distracted & very hard to get a hold of in spite of there being no shortage of staff. It took roughly 10 minutes of staring & waiting to get the waiter to come over (he was socializing at the bar). When he did, he rattled off the specials & ran away even though we said we were ready to order. 10 minutes later, we finally ordered. He was distant & rude. The most irritating thing was that the staff were just socializing at the bar--not paying attention to their tables at dinner rush. The food was average & not worth the price. It's a cute little romantic spot, but I don't think I will be going back.Special Features:
- MagnumDined on 4/27/2014Food and service was very good. Did not find it child friendly - no booster chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lunch SpotKappaxVIPDined on 4/15/2014Ask for off menu standard Italian fare. I had pasta with pesto and it was delicious. Portions seemed small at first but I left with a full tummy. Also, lots of choices for vegetarians.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDaveDined on 3/30/2014As always we were treated well and the food was outstanding. We visit 3/4 times a year from the Philly area and ALWAYS dine at Barbaresco.Special Features:
- Menu is small, but food isPumpkinpieVIPDined on 3/20/2014Menu is small, but food is well-prepared and very good. Specials are really special.Special Features:
- Boring menu Had a appetizer WentHebrDined on 2/11/2014Boring menu Had a appetizer Went to jg melon for dinner
- OutstandingMerryVIPDined on 2/6/2014Outstanding evening. Food, service, friendly servers, no hurrying out. Lovely evening.Special Features:
- Lovely except for one veryNeighborhoodDinerDined on 2/5/2014Lovely except for one very loud waiter who insists on walking over any conversation taking place to announce the kitchen's offerings for the evening. He is so impressed by the volume and depth of his voice that he doesn't seem to notice that the entire menu is spouted out in what seems like as one long, loud unintelligible word!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badEaterVIPDined on 2/4/2014The place is so pretty. The brick makes for a romantic atmosphere. Too bad the bread doesn't have much taste, and the food is overcooked. The service people do try to please.
- Neighborhood Gem1LIFoodieVIPDined on 1/26/2014This small, unassuming neighborhood treasure serves up delicious, authentic food. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, relaxing dinnerVisitorDined on 1/22/2014Very charming setting, good service, easy to converse, yummy food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/20/2014Cozy, good service and standard food....nothing outstanding....but good.Special Features:
- Great New Years Eve!vvgonzalezdDined on 12/31/2013Staff was realy helpful and kind, we went in a large group and had a wonderful time. The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gem!Marq04VIPDined on 12/28/2013We needed to chill the red wine to cellar temperature....but everything else was perfect. Just a great neighborhood Italian. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Christmas Eve dinner for threeDrexel2015mamaDined on 12/24/2013Yummy Christmas Eve dinner recommendation to us out-of-towners from a local. The food was great but the server seemed overwhelmed by other larger tables, meaning that we never got drink refills other than a second glass of water and barely managed to order coffee and dessert. Started with lentil soup and minestrone and graduated to veal piccata, risotto and linguine mediterraneo, ending with orange sorbet, torte cake and apple strudel a la mode. Good-sized bowls of soup and generous portions of the entrees; very tender veal. Sorbet creatively delivered in a hollowed-out orange and lovely, flaky strudel. Restaurant is very small and relatively dark inside but still feels welcoming. Staff very polite otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/21/2013i have eaten here many times over the years. the food is consistently good, the service friendly and the prices slightly below what you would expect to spend in a New York restaurant. Never anything fussy, this is a place to go with a friend( or friends) to have a nice chat over supper. Traditional, not trendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had not been to BarbarescoihatenicknamesVIPDined on 12/15/2013We had not been to Barbaresco for a very long time as we are rarely in that area. But the experience was as wonderful as I remembered it to be. This is a true Italian restaurant (northern) and I felt I was in Italy. We shared a special appetizer of tuna tartare which was just fabulous with so many ingredients and tastes adding flavor to the tuna. On the extensive wine list, we found one of our favorites in the not-too-pricey category. I believe the last time I was here I said that I would come to this area of New York especially to eat at Barbaresco--I must remember to do that!Special Features:
- A wonderful restaurantLADY128Dined on 12/13/2013This is a delightful restaurant. It is small enough for intimate atmosphere. It is really a gem. Food is outstanding. The decor is wonderful. Prices are reasonable - fit the New York scene without being outrageous. Can be use as a romantic setting or just an elegant setting for dinner with friends. Tables are nicely spaced. Lighting is very good . Menu is very diversified. Although it is an italian restaurant, it fits every taste. I cannot comment on the wine as I do not drink. Cannot recommend it enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent neighborhood restaurantwriterVIPDined on 12/10/2013The food is consistently good, as is the friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They didn't know anythingmickeyDined on 12/4/2013They didn't know anything about the wines on their list. We ordered a 2010 and they served 2011 and said it was the same,yet each year produces a different quality. Food left under heating light too long and came dried out. Restaurant too noisey....couldn't have a conversation
- Wonderful food, Excellent ServiceJK29Dined on 11/23/2013Barbaresco has always been a delightful experience for me. I have been about 5 times in the last few months and will continue to dine there and bring new friends. The food is absolutely delicious. I have ordered the seafood pasta special the past 2 times and it is spectacular. I would also highly recommend the prosciutto appetizer. YUMMY! The best part about Barbaresco is the friendly service. Make sure you ask for Carlo! He is super! He knows the menu perfectly, he makes excellent recommendations and he makes the dining experience very pleasurable. I will definitely be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013Don't expect a lot, but staff is nice and food is average. For lunch, quiet and comfortable. Dinner, noisy and crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC gemJudesDined on 11/2/2013Great food at reasonable prices. Waiters helped each other out. Lots of locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always. A wonderfulDaveDined on 10/25/2013Great as always. A wonderful place to gather and eat espeically good food.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantExcellentDined on 10/25/2013"Service is always friendly and warm! This is one of my most favorite places to eat great seafood,great pasta-there is always something interesting in their nightly special.i can't express enough how much I enjoy coming here!"Special Features:
- Excuse me.. can you slow downSueRDined on 10/23/2013Great place and good food, but I felt rushed the second I sat down. The waiter spoke so fast it was difficult to discern what he was saying and the food came so quickly that there was no time to relax and enjoy the moment. It's one thing to turn tables - it's another to be clearing dinner plates and having coffe served over your shoulder at the same time. Slow down my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.