843 Lexington Ave.
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barbarescorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2125172288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am -3:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Mila
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Barbaresco offers catering upon request for any kind of family or business gathering.
A word from Barbaresco
Welcome to Barbaresco Restaurant! There's a Neighborhoody feel to this Friendly Upper Eastern Side Restaurant. Old School Cuisine, exceptional wine list and warm attentive service. Very convenient for pre or post shopping dining from Bloomingdales.; Barbaresco Restaurant serves fresh, flavorful upscale-casual Italian-style dishes prepared from the finest ingredients sourced from around the world. We make everything by hand every day—from our delicious soups and flavorful sauces to our salad dressings and desserts. We recently expanded our wine list to include more moderately priced bottles of fine quality wines.; If you have a special occasion to celebrate or a business meeting, our menu offers more to choose from. Share the good times and come dine with us for fun, food, and spirits. ; We look forward to sharing our passion for good food and service with you, and welcome you as our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barbaresco reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Decent local Italian; a bit chillyWoad2014Dined on 8/20/2014Barbaresco is an attractive neighborhood restaurant, good for a date or for out-of-town visitors who would enjoy a "typical" upscale Italian restaurant. The food is decent if uninspired, the prices reasonable, the service adequate if rather perfunctory, the waiters polite, professional, and not especially friendly (e.g., no "Goodbye" when you leave). Over the years Barbaresco has acquired a following, and many customers are apparently regulars--which seems to explain why, in spite of having a reservation and a request for table in a particular area, we can't get the area we prefer even when a table is obviously available. Which is why it has remained a standby and why, despite its virtues, I can't recommend it.
- A hidden gemChezClaudeDined on 8/3/2014This was our second time at the restaurant. Great food, service and everything again was great. Best bronzino I have ever had, delicious pasta, and a neighborhood gem. We will be back!Special Features:
- Very Nice Italian RestaurantLarrydermVIPDined on 8/1/2014We have been dining here for several years and always look forward to visiting. The menu is varied, and there are many choices. Sorry to say, the antipasto has been gone for sometime. The food is nicely prepared, and the service is attentive. They even have whole wheat pasta.Special Features:
- Perfect.LittleMissDined on 6/21/2014Exactly what I was looking for when booking a dinner for myself, partner, and his parents. All of the food was fantastic. The house chianti is a must try. We had avocado salad, muscles, penne, ravioli, sorbet, and tiramisu aND a few other dishes. There was nothing to complain about the meal, staff or restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Food in a Pricey NeighborhoodHPFanVIPDined on 6/12/2014This is a fine choice for a pleasant Italian meal. In a neighborhood where it is hard to find a reasonably priced meal Barbaresco is a good choice.
- dickgutVIPDined on 6/9/2014Very much a neighborhood gem. It is filled almost every night with little publicity. Very accommodating staff, whether it is changing a dish from the way it is on the menu or bringing children. Traditional Italian food that is well prepared. Good, mainly Italian wine listSpecial Features:
- MarkVIPDined on 5/11/2014Very professional service; well prepared food of perfect portion size. Nice wine list at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/1/2014I have eaten here a number of time. Always consistent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Barbaresco reviews archive.
- High hopes and mediocre experiencen0mn0mVIPDined on 4/30/2014I went here for dinner with a friend and had high hopes. My expectations were quickly lowered by the poor service & mediocre food. Our waiter was distracted & very hard to get a hold of in spite of there being no shortage of staff. It took roughly 10 minutes of staring & waiting to get the waiter to come over (he was socializing at the bar). When he did, he rattled off the specials & ran away even though we said we were ready to order. 10 minutes later, we finally ordered. He was distant & rude. The most irritating thing was that the staff were just socializing at the bar--not paying attention to their tables at dinner rush. The food was average & not worth the price. It's a cute little romantic spot, but I don't think I will be going back.Special Features:
- MagnumDined on 4/27/2014Food and service was very good. Did not find it child friendly - no booster chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lunch SpotKappaxVIPDined on 4/15/2014Ask for off menu standard Italian fare. I had pasta with pesto and it was delicious. Portions seemed small at first but I left with a full tummy. Also, lots of choices for vegetarians.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDaveDined on 3/30/2014As always we were treated well and the food was outstanding. We visit 3/4 times a year from the Philly area and ALWAYS dine at Barbaresco.Special Features:
- Menu is small, but food isPumpkinpieVIPDined on 3/20/2014Menu is small, but food is well-prepared and very good. Specials are really special.Special Features:
- Boring menu Had a appetizer WentHebrDined on 2/11/2014Boring menu Had a appetizer Went to jg melon for dinner
- OutstandingMerryVIPDined on 2/6/2014Outstanding evening. Food, service, friendly servers, no hurrying out. Lovely evening.Special Features:
- Lovely except for one veryNeighborhoodDinerDined on 2/5/2014Lovely except for one very loud waiter who insists on walking over any conversation taking place to announce the kitchen's offerings for the evening. He is so impressed by the volume and depth of his voice that he doesn't seem to notice that the entire menu is spouted out in what seems like as one long, loud unintelligible word!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badEaterVIPDined on 2/4/2014The place is so pretty. The brick makes for a romantic atmosphere. Too bad the bread doesn't have much taste, and the food is overcooked. The service people do try to please.
- Neighborhood Gem1LIFoodieVIPDined on 1/26/2014This small, unassuming neighborhood treasure serves up delicious, authentic food. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, relaxing dinnerVisitorDined on 1/22/2014Very charming setting, good service, easy to converse, yummy food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/20/2014Cozy, good service and standard food....nothing outstanding....but good.Special Features:
- Great New Years Eve!vvgonzalezdDined on 12/31/2013Staff was realy helpful and kind, we went in a large group and had a wonderful time. The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gem!Marq04VIPDined on 12/28/2013We needed to chill the red wine to cellar temperature....but everything else was perfect. Just a great neighborhood Italian. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Christmas Eve dinner for threeDrexel2015mamaDined on 12/24/2013Yummy Christmas Eve dinner recommendation to us out-of-towners from a local. The food was great but the server seemed overwhelmed by other larger tables, meaning that we never got drink refills other than a second glass of water and barely managed to order coffee and dessert. Started with lentil soup and minestrone and graduated to veal piccata, risotto and linguine mediterraneo, ending with orange sorbet, torte cake and apple strudel a la mode. Good-sized bowls of soup and generous portions of the entrees; very tender veal. Sorbet creatively delivered in a hollowed-out orange and lovely, flaky strudel. Restaurant is very small and relatively dark inside but still feels welcoming. Staff very polite otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/21/2013i have eaten here many times over the years. the food is consistently good, the service friendly and the prices slightly below what you would expect to spend in a New York restaurant. Never anything fussy, this is a place to go with a friend( or friends) to have a nice chat over supper. Traditional, not trendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had not been to BarbarescoihatenicknamesVIPDined on 12/15/2013We had not been to Barbaresco for a very long time as we are rarely in that area. But the experience was as wonderful as I remembered it to be. This is a true Italian restaurant (northern) and I felt I was in Italy. We shared a special appetizer of tuna tartare which was just fabulous with so many ingredients and tastes adding flavor to the tuna. On the extensive wine list, we found one of our favorites in the not-too-pricey category. I believe the last time I was here I said that I would come to this area of New York especially to eat at Barbaresco--I must remember to do that!Special Features:
- A wonderful restaurantLADY128Dined on 12/13/2013This is a delightful restaurant. It is small enough for intimate atmosphere. It is really a gem. Food is outstanding. The decor is wonderful. Prices are reasonable - fit the New York scene without being outrageous. Can be use as a romantic setting or just an elegant setting for dinner with friends. Tables are nicely spaced. Lighting is very good . Menu is very diversified. Although it is an italian restaurant, it fits every taste. I cannot comment on the wine as I do not drink. Cannot recommend it enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent neighborhood restaurantwriterDined on 12/10/2013The food is consistently good, as is the friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They didn't know anythingmickeyDined on 12/4/2013They didn't know anything about the wines on their list. We ordered a 2010 and they served 2011 and said it was the same,yet each year produces a different quality. Food left under heating light too long and came dried out. Restaurant too noisey....couldn't have a conversation
- Wonderful food, Excellent ServiceJK29Dined on 11/23/2013Barbaresco has always been a delightful experience for me. I have been about 5 times in the last few months and will continue to dine there and bring new friends. The food is absolutely delicious. I have ordered the seafood pasta special the past 2 times and it is spectacular. I would also highly recommend the prosciutto appetizer. YUMMY! The best part about Barbaresco is the friendly service. Make sure you ask for Carlo! He is super! He knows the menu perfectly, he makes excellent recommendations and he makes the dining experience very pleasurable. I will definitely be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013Don't expect a lot, but staff is nice and food is average. For lunch, quiet and comfortable. Dinner, noisy and crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC gemJudesDined on 11/2/2013Great food at reasonable prices. Waiters helped each other out. Lots of locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always. A wonderfulDaveDined on 10/25/2013Great as always. A wonderful place to gather and eat espeically good food.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantExcellentDined on 10/25/2013"Service is always friendly and warm! This is one of my most favorite places to eat great seafood,great pasta-there is always something interesting in their nightly special.i can't express enough how much I enjoy coming here!"Special Features:
- Excuse me.. can you slow downSueRDined on 10/23/2013Great place and good food, but I felt rushed the second I sat down. The waiter spoke so fast it was difficult to discern what he was saying and the food came so quickly that there was no time to relax and enjoy the moment. It's one thing to turn tables - it's another to be clearing dinner plates and having coffe served over your shoulder at the same time. Slow down my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service!JK29Dined on 10/16/2013I have been to Barbaresco TWICE in the past 3 weeks because of Carlo! He has made my dining experience so enjoyable. He has treated me and my guests with such respect and makes you feel like you are the only person in the restaurant. He brings the term "Friendly Service" to a new level. I can't wait to go back again with some new friends to introduce them to this new "gem" of a restaurant. The food is absolutely delicious and the wine is amazing as well. Carlo always had the perfect recommendation...for everything, from wine to appetizers to dessert. If you haven't been, you must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Escape to Italy.MajorfoodieDined on 9/23/2013The food was amazing! I ordered the Penne Incazzata which had a spicy tomato sauce. My sister ordered this pasta that was stuffed with a spinach purée, covered in a cream sauce and pine nuts. The ingredients were so fresh and light and didn't make us feel like death afterwards, which happens a lot after a big bowl of pasta. We didn't order dessert, but they did being a plate of almond biscotti over. Correction, they brought many plates of almond biscotti over. A man, who I'm guessing was the manager, then came up to us and asked us how are meal was, and then told our waiter to bring us some Limoncello and, yup, more biscotti. Overal our experience was amazing and I would recommend Barbaresco to anyone who loves great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Italian RestaurantFAB1Dined on 9/21/2013A very good Italian restaurant. The food was fresh and well prepared and the staff was knowledgeable, organized, and helpful. We would recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning again.Special Features:
- A wonderful brownstone frontdickgutVIPDined on 9/17/2013A wonderful brownstone front Italian to have in the neighborhood. Crowded on a Monday night. Simple but pleasant decor. Excellent food with lots of daily specials. Great Italian wine list, especially the reds. Friendly, accommodating staff.Special Features:
- Reviews didn't disappoint.JenfromPADined on 8/30/2013We went there looking for an authentic italian meal and this place didn't let us down. The wait staff was excellent and seemed to be native Italians. Service was excellent. The food seemed to be homemade. We especially liked the tomato spread served with the bread. Pasta was great. A little noisy and seemed to appeal to an older local crowd. Overall, very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a neighborhood findrdavisVIPDined on 6/30/2013good food, nice specials, a great neighborhood placeI would recommend this to a friend.