1439 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baraondany.com/
- Phone: 2122888555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Guiseppe Mazzeo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for private party options though our Email!
- Private Party Contact: Bruno DeCarlo 2122888555
- Entertainment: Come to dine-stay to play! Wednesdays and Sundays are Party nights at Baraonda! Wednesday's vibe is a cool mix of Euro-dance, hip-hop, techno, house-sprinkled with a nice measure of retro. On Sundays watch the warm colored eatery transform into an international hot spot! Be surrounded by Brazilian dancers, exuberant costumes and dazzling belly dancers all sustained by an eclectic mix of international tunes at this non-stop party!
- Special Events: Come to dine-stay to play! Wednesdays and Sundays are Party nights at Baraonda! Wednesday's vibe is a cool mix of Euro-dance, hip-hop, techno, house-sprinkled with a nice measure of retro. On Sundays watch the warm, inviting eatery transform into an inter
- Cross Street: 75th Street
- Public Transit: The 6 Subway train to 68th Street, and the N and F Subway trains to 63rd Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is plenty parking on the street and a private parking lot directly across the street on East 75th Street between 2nd and 3rd avenue.
A word from Baraonda
Elegant, festive, colorful & chic-and that just describes owner Enrico Proietti and the loyal customers who frequent this cozy, European style Upper East Side restaurant. Delectable Authentic Italian dishes from a variety of regions throughout Italy are brought to your table by a cast of characters who will invite you into what will feel like their humble home and not let you leave until you have been wined, dined and entertained to your hearts content and with a wine list boasting over 200 award winning wines carefully handpicked by aficionado Enrico Proietti himself your experience promises to be absolutely DELICIOUS!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baraonda reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (10)romantic (9)late-night find (8)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014a bit too expensive and limited menu; too noisy for our tastes as tables are on top of eachotherSpecial Features:
- it was okay buts5432Dined on 10/11/2014Overall food was good. Lively ambiance, fun atmosphere. However two big downsides to our meal. a. We were seated next to the windows, which didn't seem to be shuttered properly. The wind kept banging them in and out. As the night continued on it got much colder and breezier, not pleasant on a fall day. b. we were double charged for a bottle of wine! if it wasn't for proofing the bill (which shouldn't be necessary in this age) we never would have seen it. Left the proverbial bad taste in our mouth..
- Great food. Poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014Had to wait 30-35 mins for table despite reservation. Once seated waited an hour for entrees. Waiter apologetic and brought extra wine at no charge. Other diners who were seated after us were served before us. Maybe because we weren't "regulars" but rather visitors, we were given less priority. Loved the ambiance and food. Might try again to see if that night was just a fluke.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePeggy10022Dined on 10/5/2014We are a group of ladies who frequent various restaurants in the Yorkville area for special occasions. We all had a wonderful dining experience & the food was excellent.... We have been here at least once previously and found it to be a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ripert is right!JglenosVIPDined on 9/20/2014Saw on Chef's Feed that Eric Ripert recommends the "off the menu" artichoke, arugula, pistachio warm salad. So right! So good! Thanks, chef!Special Features:
- What ambience! What characher!Fansover50Dined on 9/20/2014Small dining area, but great food and great ambience. The service was outstanding. The food delicious. The inside is set with all different handpainted portraits from an artist - vibrant and fun. Warm shades of amber, orange and gold, lighting and décor adds to the romantic and festive feeling, as if you are in bistro in Spain, Portugal or Latin America. Wonderful music piped in at dinner and at night. We were told that late night after 11PM on Sunday the tables are moved back and the room opened to music and dancing... Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- dsgnchickVIPDined on 7/19/2014this restaurant is usually noisy and packed, so I was a bit surprised that last saturday it was not busy (oh, the joys of the city when everyone leaves for the weekend!). Since the weather was cooler, we were able to sit outside and had a pleasant, if somewhat unmemorable, meal. I had the pasta bolognese, my friend has the pasta special - both nice dishes, but non-spectacular (confession - I eat at Lupa often, so my pasta standards have been elevated)Special Features:
- Always great!peterwVIPDined on 7/7/2014Terrific service. Gnochi w/ truffle sauce is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jl1512VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent and the service was superb. Our every need was attended to. The wait staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and the menu is very varied. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 259 reviews are from the Baraonda reviews archive.
- Great find!MoonwalkerVIPDined on 6/4/2014It had a number of out door tables and plenty of French doors open inside.I had a fresh Fish special which was excellent except for a few more bones then expected.My husband had an A Mediterranean seafood salad and a spicey tuna and penne entre that he Loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelperVIPDined on 5/30/2014BEWARE OF SPECIALS --- Can be outrageously overpriced (without price disclosure)!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2014Server was pleasant but annoying trying to be flirty & was creepy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jlo36VIPDined on 4/19/2014My husbands pork chop was very tough and when brought up to the waitress she didn't offer an alternative. He wound up leaving 1/2?of it over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood italianSRadjyVIPDined on 3/28/2014I walk by Baraonda quite often on my way to work in the morning so have been dying to try it out. The decoration is very colorful and original, the staff very friendly, and the food is good. The meatball appetizer was ok though the tomato sauce seemed maybe-not-made-100%-fresh, the burrata special was delicious, the gnocchi were melt-in-the-mouth and the veal special was very tender. It was a little pricier than we expected but we enjoyed the experience regardless.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went to Baraonda for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/19/2014I went to Baraonda for the first time the other night and had a wonderful experience. The staff was so attentive and friendly and the food was delicious. The wine list was a bit pricey but that's to be expected in the city. Definitely will be returning!Special Features:
- Lovely but too loudRobinVIPDined on 3/8/2014Lovely restaurant, good food , great service but the music is so loud, you cant hear people at the table. And thats on a night when they don't have a DJ.Special Features:
- Took my girlfriend here forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Took my girlfriend here for V-day, had a great time. the atmosphere was really cool. its decorated with some interesting art with cool bold colors. food was delicious and the wait staff was super friendly and helpful. somehow a usually sweet sauce ended up tart on our desert and they brought us another desert for free and didnt even charge for either of them. would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousajbatesonDined on 1/19/2014We went for lunch and it was a great way to enjoy the delicious food for less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Bad MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2014Have been there several times and each time the fold is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatRobboVIPDined on 1/7/2014Decor is cool. Food is good, not great - certainly not amongst the better Italian joints in NYC but "okay". Service was pretty good though took a LONG time for waiter to return to give me the check - waited like 10 minutes till I saw him to actually get a check to pay. Went on one of these very cold nights and I must say that despite the hostess' comments regarding it being "toasty" inside, it was distinctly drafty and cool (and I sat at 2 tables there to try and get out of a draft) - don't go on a super cold night if being warm while eating is important to you. Overall, decent but not much more than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Evening DinnerHungryTalkerDined on 12/28/2013A nice friendly service restaurant. It's really great in the summer when you can sit outdoors but inside it's quite and nice. The food comes out quick and did not feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spotktob1019Dined on 12/14/2013Went to Baraonda on Saturday night during a snow storm. It was quiet inside. The service was great. The food was very good. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS RESTAURANTdaisylilyDined on 12/14/2013This restaurant is so consistent in a good way. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- We were fortunate to get akathyDined on 10/25/2013We were fortunate to get a round table in the front window and were able to sit and talk for a long time. We never felt rushed and our server was excellent. And I would highly recommend the gnocchi! Highlight of the evening.Special Features:
- Good FoodOutallthetimeVIPDined on 10/24/2013Good food at a very nice place with an excellent staff... One small detail they missed The restaurant failed to mark us present for open table... This does not effect the quality of this fine enjoyable restaurant ...Special Features:
- lively and great food and serviceTuttidogVIPDined on 10/21/2013lively and great food and service. Very pleased as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night is rihhtTonyZonyVIPDined on 10/13/2013Veal ravioli amazing. Roxanna was attentive. Wished the dj started a little earlier, but great energy gearing up for Sunday night party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhoodTuttidogVIPDined on 10/4/2013Energy, good food and a great location. Eating outdoors or indoors. Good salads and pastasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restuarant Great FoodAnneDined on 9/12/2013Great Restuarant Great Food Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!LaneDined on 8/24/2013WE had a wonderful waiter, food was just great....nice spot! We will return...Special Features:
- Early Birds get the bestSueKVIPDined on 8/23/2013We always eat dinner early - we are true early birds. And we are always rewarded with the best table, the best service and no noise. Baraonda has an eclectic Italian menu and we can always find something we like. The service is always attentive and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Neighborhood GemDiane707VIPDined on 8/7/2013Great ambience and food--can't beat it. They can also accommodate groups We had 8 people and were comfortable yet intimate.Special Features:
- Service horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2013Service has consistently gone downhill... Waiters always too busy talking & actually bus staff usually does everything.... Had female server & she was horrible. Could not understand her , wasn't sure if she understood us & disappeared rest of niteSpecial Features:
- Sunday delight.AudteyLVIPDined on 6/9/2013Went with a friend. The Prosecco was cold. The table was perfect. Outside but shaded and a nice breeze. The menus came quickly. Bottle oped. And order taken. Food. Delish e's and nice portions. I had eggs Benedict with lobster. Lots if lobster and eggs were perfect. Service matched the food. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaraondaOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/31/2013The waiters are very nice. The food is very good. I had the special lobster with spaghetti. Must get the appetizer scallops with porcini mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're looking for goodFood4lifeDined on 5/21/2013If you're looking for good food with a good ambiance, Baraonda is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd have given better foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013I'd have given better food review, but it is SOOOO inconsistent that it goes from great to yuck. So it's just inconsistent.Special Features:
- Good food, service and location.FoodyVIPDined on 4/28/2013Good food, service and location. We have been here many times and have never been disappointed. We will continue to eat here!Special Features:
- Great experience. We had athebravesVIPDined on 4/14/2013Great experience. We had a big group and it was lively, but it was definitely loud and difficult to hear each other (music playing in the background)Special Features:
- Excellent food, waitress wasGreenieVIPDined on 4/12/2013Excellent food, waitress was super although service was very slow (that was the kitchen's issue, not her's). Noise level was at the top of the scale and conversation at normal voices was difficult. Wine list was great. The maitre d' brought some aste spumonti to the table at the end of the meal....very nice gesture. Upon choosing this place, one would have to decide if the food was worth the excessive noise as it is a small restaurant. Perhaps week nights are betterSpecial Features: