Baraonda Ristorante & Bar
710 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Baraonda Ristorante & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://baraondaatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048799962x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Costanzo Astarita
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain more information
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Tasting for Charity
Join us last Thursday of every month starting at 8p.m. for our Wine & Food Tasting for Charity
A word from Baraonda Ristorante & Bar
At Baraonda, tradition is a way of life that is relished & often celebrated with good friends, great joy and exceptional food. Baraonda transports guests to Italy while embracing the warmth & southern charm of AtlantaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baraonda Ristorante & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)romantic (24)special occasion (22)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (20)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (19)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Dinner in ATLOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2014With a colleague we enjoyed a nice meal at this fine place. The Paradelle with Lamb Ragou was outstanding and my partner had the Rustica Pizza. The locals love it, one told us there eat there weekly. Lava Caramel dessert to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great folksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I hosted a group of six for dinner around 5 in the evening. We were seated on the 'bar side' of the restaurant, which was very relaxed. We were served quickly and efficiently. Our waiter was proficient and attentive. We all enjoyed our drinks, appetizers and meals, each served with the right timing. We did not feel rushed at all. Very enjoyable dining experience...Special Features:
- Saturday night foursomeTraGleDined on 8/9/2014We had our couple friends from JohnsCreek meet us for dinner and drinks. All four of us loved our meal and the waitor was very attentive. The appetizers were delicious, the drinks were very good and our entrees were spot on great. Thanks for making our night with friends a great experience. We frequent Baraonda's so we always enjoy our evenings.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Live in midtown and decided to give it a try. Pleased with the the experience and would encourage others to give it a go. WILL be back again soon!Special Features:
- Delicious and fun!ATLNativeDined on 8/3/2014Always a go-to place for client lunches especially when time is of the essence, Baraonda has become our favorite for after the show. Well-managed front of the house and really good food! My dining partners loved the polipo appetizer. A favorite is the seafood pasta with Georgia shrimp. And they have real buffalo mozzarella (an upcharge but well worth it). Don't miss the house-made limoncello!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousSavvyDinerDined on 8/3/2014We brought a group of 12 - choir members and their families - to Baraonda after our concert on 8/3. I lunch here regularly and always enjoy the food and am pleased with the service. They did a nice job with our large group and multiple checks. The menu is diverse enough to satisfy those who do not want the trendy Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoriTDined on 8/3/2014this was my first time to Baraonda and it was a great experience. the food was wonderful, had the lasagna and our server was very nice, attentive, and informative. will definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Spotslitherin1330Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I had our first date at baraonda. We return every year to celebrate. The menu seems to have been pared down a bit over the years, but the remaining dishes are flavorful. Great pasta. Great pizza/flatbreads. We love the calamari. Varied, but not an expansive or overwhelming wine list. We've dined here over 10+ times over the past 7 years and have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- False AdvertisingGourmandDined on 7/27/2014First, we enjoyed ourselves, the food was good, as was the service, and the wine was excellent. We would go back now that we know what really is and is not on the menu. I chose this restaurant based first on location and second because there were three items on their website menu that I really wanted to try. None of them were on the menu I was handed and there seemed to be a much smaller selection than I remembered. I asked about the lamb shank and was told it had not been on the menu for months. However, she continued, although there was no lamb on the menu and it had not been mentioned as one of the specials, there might be something in the kitchen. I was offered rack of lamb. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Good go-to placeATLNativeDined on 7/27/2014I've relied on Baraonda for quick but client-worthy weekday luncheons for a couple of years. I've recently discovered that it's a fun and affordable spot for before- or after-Fox events. Be sure to make a reservation! Just this weekend our waiter Dan was extremely accommodating and patient with some difficult people in my party. The food is really good, and there's a short but interesting wine list and a nice selection of craft beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before showOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Early reservation before show at Fox. Great food. Moderate service (he seemed overwhelemed. Didn't know dinner specials. Slow with bar service). Get the lasagne. Ladies room was a wreck. Toilet issues. Paper on floor. When I told the host (who was gabbing with the other host) his response was, there is another bathroom.Special Features:
- Great food, but loudDavidDined on 7/22/2014We've been to Baraonda many times over the years. It's always good. The pizza is always fantastic, rating right up there with other great Atlanta pizza restaurants (Fritti, Antico, etc.). My wife had pizza, and I had the veal scallopini, which was excellent. Our server was good and fairly efficient, if not overly friendly. But it was busy and hectic, so I can't necessarily blame her. It's loud and bustling in the bar area where we sat, so conversation was sometimes challenging, which is too bad. But overall, our dining experience - the food and wine and atmosphere - were positive, which has always been the case every time we've been there. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we'll be back!GatorInAtlDined on 7/19/2014the pizza is to die for! great for a date night, or before a night at the FoxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oklukeVIPDined on 7/17/2014There are better restaurants on Peachtree to select from.... The wine list is great and food very good the service is fair at best.
- DisappointedChicagodinerDined on 7/12/2014I always dine at Baraonda when in Atlanta but was disappointed with this visit. Food was great but the staff was disorganized. We arrived early for our reservation so had a drink at the bar. Our dining time came and went but no one took us to a table although there were many visible empty areas. Had to go to the hostess desk and ask when we would be seated. We dined outside which had an odd smell.Special Features:
- efficientkgatthetableDined on 7/12/2014hi, here's your food, here's your check, bye. I've been to Baraonda before for lunch and found the food and service to be excellent. There was interaction with the servers, inquiries as to how the food was, did we want anything else etc... I guess the dinner plan is get the folks in and out to the show at the Fox so dispense with anything else. The food was good, they got you in and out in a hurry - whether you were in a rush or not. Next time we are heading to the Fox we'll go someplace more relaxing.
- Great ItalianMichaelBVIPDined on 7/9/2014We always eat at least once here each time we are in Atlanta. The food is always excellent and the staff engaging and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014I love this place, i've been going for years, always come back when we pass through town. Every person i bring loves it too, can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RocbarDined on 6/18/2014My wife and I took our daughter to Baraonda for dinner, Great service and food. Good place for conversation and a meal. We would go back...ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great food for out of towner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014We were town on business and visited Baraonda based on good reviews. They were true to form as we really enjoyed the atmosphere and especially the food!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodL52094VIPDined on 6/6/2014Have been going for over 12 years, and Baraonda never disappoints. The lasagna is of true European style, so delicious! The paglia e fenio (mushroom sauce over linguine) is amazing, especially when you ask them to add pancetta.Special Features:
- Amazing PizzasMonaVIPDined on 5/30/2014Loved the pizzas. We sat outside, it was perfect! If you're parking on the street make sure you add some extra time in. Cops pass by every few minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.....JanetBDined on 5/27/2014Food, Service, Atmosphere! Travis (Manager), Rich (Bartender and Server) are stellar! THANK YOU!!!Special Features:
- Great Italian, but for cannoliJDAtlantaDined on 5/24/2014Our dinner was great--except for the dessert. Since we had such a great experience with each of our three courses, we decided to get the typical Italian standards for dessert: cannoli and gelato--what a mistake. These were the things that brought down my food and overall scores from 5-star to 4-star. We got three mini cannoli with a liquify center and bitter chocolate, and pistachio gelato that was just basically ice cream--not smooth, creamy gelato. Also, I had to ask the assistant server for both parmesan cheese and ground pepper for our pizza--why? Wouldn't this be automatic? The other servers were great, although our lead server seemed a bit nervous--likely he was new. NOTE: I really love this restaurant; I hated to write this review.Special Features:
- Great place before and after FoxBuzzdogDined on 5/17/2014I always stop here either before and/or after an event at the Fox. Great drink!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent placeThedogguyDined on 5/17/2014This gem is a great way to start any event at the Fox theater. Rustic Italian food with daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this resaurant!TennisLoverDined on 5/4/2014We have been dining here regularly for the last year and recently held our rehearsal dinner in the Tuscan Room. Fabulous food and service. Our out of town guests were so pleased as were we!Special Features:
- Off day of service but goodDart2000Dined on 5/2/2014I've never been disappointed with the food here. The waitperson had an off day. He was unattentive and slow. I have had this waiter before and that's not usually the case. I had the steak salad that was on special and it was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!luvgreatrestrntsVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great food, great wine and great atmosphere! We both ordered a create your own pizza and they were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta FavoriteAtl71809Dined on 4/26/2014Favorite restaurant in Atlanta. Romantic environment, perfect for date nights, great wine list. It's in Midtown so you can wander around before/after. I've never been disappointed with the food or service here. I recommend to all of my friends and love to go to Baraonda on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningdhookDined on 4/26/2014We really enjoy the atmosphere. Two great orders the Create your own, and Lasagna. Recommend this location to several friends and family.Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the Baraonda Ristorante & Bar reviews archive.
- Old faithfulJenniferDined on 4/19/2014We really like this place for entertaining groups especially on special occasions.Special Features:
- Pre-show or just go!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/20141/2 block to Fabulous Fox Theater, Baraonda is frequented by couples and families before the live shows year round. But it's great for a personal indulgence any day or night. I often go for lunch, and the authentic specials and regular menu items are outstanding and consistent. This trip was with family, and they loved it. Great crew in the front of the house. Go!Special Features:
- amazing!!nikkinightshadeDined on 4/12/2014We walked from the Georgian Terrace Hotel. My huaband had been here for lunch before and truly enjoyed the food. It was authentic Italian cuisine! The best bruschetta I've ever had! And our entrees were divine! To finish it up I had salted caramel gelato that tasted straight from Italy! Great experience, great food, great way to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:
- EnjoyableTechKidDined on 4/1/2014Food was great. Best item: Paglia E Fieno. A little noisy around 7pm for it to be very romantic. Still enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ravioli too saltykmanDined on 3/30/2014I had the ravioli with stuffed mushrooms last Sunday and it was exceptionally salty. Meal overall was too expensive for the quality.
- Excellent italianDinATLDined on 3/29/2014We dinned at 3pm in advance of a matinee theater performance at the fox. Restaurant wasn't very busy so hard to tell what the service and ambience would normally offer. Pizzas were excellent - my kids had the margaretta and we the lamb sausage/green olives/feta. Both were very tasty. Cesar and calamari were average. The lasagna was the best I've ever had. It appears Baraonda makes their own in-house noodles and that made the lasagna to die for. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night at Baraonda'sCindyDined on 3/25/2014The atmosphere in Barandoa's is energetic and fun. Our server was engaging and interesting to talk to. He knew alot about the food and made some spot-on recommendations for us. I will definitely go back. It seems an awesome place to plan to go before we attend an concert or play at the Fox. It's right next door to the Fox!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so dining experience…menuRicheyDined on 3/24/2014So so dining experience…menu needs work and service was sketchy. Food was good and that was all that saved the meal.Special Features:
- Above and BeyondLancerDined on 3/23/2014Met some friends there to check it out and we were all more than impressed. Great menu, great staff, the feeling inside is like coming homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.