Baraonda Ristorante & Bar
710 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Baraonda Ristorante & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://baraondaatlanta.com/
- Phone: (404) 879-9962
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Costanzo Astarita
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain more information
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Tasting for Charity
Join us last Thursday of every month starting at 8p.m. for our Wine & Food Tasting for Charity
A word from Baraonda Ristorante & Bar
At Baraonda, tradition is a way of life that is relished & often celebrated with good friends, great joy and exceptional food. Baraonda transports guests to Italy while embracing the warmth & southern charm of AtlantaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baraonda Ristorante & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (21)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (18)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- A great choice for a Pre-Theatre dinner.....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Dined here before seeing Little Big Town @ The Fox. Reserved a table, was seated by the window, server was knowledgeable, professional, charming, and dinner was presented with perfect timing. His wine and entree recommendations were right on! The "fish special" was fabulous and just the right amount for us to share, accompanied with a salad. We had the tiramasu for dessert and it was a nice way to finish off a wonderful dining experience. We will most definitely dine here again. #! SUGGESTION: Make a reservation especially if there is an event at The Fox or elsewhere, and if it is a party of 2, ask to be seated by the window.
- Never disappointingTheWorldAwaitsVIPDined on 11/5/2014Fifth time here and on this occasion I dined with colleagues from work and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals and the service. Baraonda is a restaurant that anyone that enjoys quality food and service should visit to experience.Special Features:
- Great food, great fun.LGollerDined on 11/1/2014Everything we had was fantastic. The service was wonderful, waiter made recommendations which were wonderful.Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointedFoodieLover1960Dined on 11/1/2014Upon arrival, I was greeted by two rather aloof hostesses. Our waiter started out very professional, as well as informative. It went downhill from there. The first bottle of olive oil that was on our table was stale. When asking for a fresh one, all we got was a sarcastic "Really?" Anytime someone asked for something we got an excuse..."Yes, ma'am, I understand but there are 300 other people in this restaurant that are waiting on their drinks." REALLY? One excuse after another. In any kind of customer service, this is not acceptable. I ordered the Chicken Cacciatore, which came with mashed potatoes. The potatoes were quite delicious, but the chicken was rubbery. I was very disappointed in this, my first time to Baraonda.Special Features:
- our 'go to' for midtown dining!cindyfDined on 10/26/2014We've been dining here off and on for nearly a decade; it is always a treat, whether just the two of us, or family and friends in tow. The salami platter is a favorite starter (especially paired with their cheeses) and you can never go wrong with their fresh pizzas (a taste of Italy!). Recently tried their seafood fettuccine and it was fantastic- loaded with flavor and seafood! Staff is friendly and knowlegeable - Danny is one of our favorites and makes every meal a treat! Highly recommend, whether for a quick bite before the Fox, or a leisurely dinner with friends.Special Features:
- DeliciousTraGleDined on 10/25/2014We prefer the bar area so we can watch a little sports while enjoying our meals. The service was very good although it was quite busy. Our meals were absolutely delicious and what I like is nothing feels rushed.Special Features:
- Very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We waited for 45 minutes for our food which came out lukewarm, not hot. Other people who came in after us, were served way before us. Great location for those going to the Fox.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!FoodchicDined on 10/24/2014Went here as one part of a celebratory weekend. Enjoyed our time there. Food was very good!Special Features:
- LovefoodDined on 10/24/2014Delicious food, very cool, great ambiance! We had a big crowd, and they treated us so kindly! It was a fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service from Oscar!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014We had a group from our work in town for an offsite meeting. I made the reservation for Baoranda online. We enjoyed the meal and the overal atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good Italian in MidtownAguyfromatlantaDined on 10/11/2014Good Italian with better than expected wine list. They validate up to two hours in the parking garage across the street. The location is a block from the Fox Theater. Pizza seems to be popular here but many other entrees are available.Special Features:
- WanderlustDined on 10/11/2014Despite the fact that we had a reservation for 6:00 PM and when we arrived, there were no patrons dining in the "wine cellar" room, we were given the worst table in the room. The table we were offered was in the middle of the room in the traffic pattern. When we requested a different table, the hostess acted like it was a big deal. Again, there were no other patrons dining in this room at the time. Our waiter was fine and the food was good as usual, but one wonders what is the purpose of having a reservation when you are treated as if you simply drifted in off the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Midtown barJulesATLDined on 10/10/2014Fresh salads and sandwiches, great beer list and absinthe menu!!Special Features:
- Always good................BuzzdogVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great place to hang, especially before the Fox event!!!Special Features:
- One of Only a Few Nearby FoxFredDined on 10/10/2014Did not like this restaurant the first time I ate here but there's not much to choose from near the Fox Theatre so tried it again. Mistake the second time as well. Wood Fired pizza was recommended as an alternative to the pasta but it fell way short as well. Only good thing was the wine and the waiter was pretty good, other than his attitude.
- Great Italian CafeDJmealnuggDined on 10/9/2014I have eaten there several times, and the food is consistently good. Traditional italian choice and reasonable prices. The server on this visit was inexperienced and didn't seem quite comfortable in the role, but this did not overly detract from the meal.Special Features:
- ExcellentliketoeatoutDined on 9/26/2014Excellent Margherita pizzas. They are just like those in Italy. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional EveningPrimaDined on 9/6/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner and we had a wonderful time. The service was good, the food was tasty and the drinks were excellent! !! We ordered the Capri...had two actually and also tried the bruschetta, shrimp and cheese stuffed ravioli and the lasagna. .all were delicious. We will definitely dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotjustagirlwhoeatsDined on 8/27/2014I met a friend here for lunch and we had the option of sitting outside or in--we chose a table in the back by the wine room. Caprese salad was ok (tomatoes were not ripe) but veggie lasagna on special was delicious. Love the $4 wines for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian spot in AtlantaAdrianVIPDined on 8/24/2014I was in Atlanta and ended up stopping by Baraonda for an early dinner. The highlight of the evening was their New Zealand Lamb; it tasted very good and was a good portion for the price. I can't think of a lot of nearby similar restaurants other than one which is at a higher level of quality but at the same time comes at a steeper price. Considering this first time experience, I am looking forward to returning and trying some of their Pastas, which seemed to make a good portion of their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the bar stay for the food!TheWorldAwaitsVIPDined on 8/23/2014I normally do not visit a restaurant bar. However, I opted to have a drink at the bar & wait for my dinner guest that was running late. The bartender seemed to be absent or preoccupied. I waited at the bar for nearly 5 minutes before the bartender actually took notice. I actually didn't know that he was the bartender because he wasn't behind the bar for most of the time I sat there. However, my brief encounter at the bar was made up superbly by our server Mike. Mike was attentive, humorous, articulate, & professional. Mike's attentiveness and presentation was equally as good as the food. The meal was an epicurean delight and a true gastronomic adventure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in ATLOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2014With a colleague we enjoyed a nice meal at this fine place. The Paradelle with Lamb Ragou was outstanding and my partner had the Rustica Pizza. The locals love it, one told us there eat there weekly. Lava Caramel dessert to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great folksDeisnDinerDined on 8/20/2014I hosted a group of six for dinner around 5 in the evening. We were seated on the 'bar side' of the restaurant, which was very relaxed. We were served quickly and efficiently. Our waiter was proficient and attentive. We all enjoyed our drinks, appetizers and meals, each served with the right timing. We did not feel rushed at all. Very enjoyable dining experience...Special Features:
- Saturday night foursomeTraGleDined on 8/9/2014We had our couple friends from JohnsCreek meet us for dinner and drinks. All four of us loved our meal and the waitor was very attentive. The appetizers were delicious, the drinks were very good and our entrees were spot on great. Thanks for making our night with friends a great experience. We frequent Baraonda's so we always enjoy our evenings.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/6/2014Live in midtown and decided to give it a try. Pleased with the the experience and would encourage others to give it a go. WILL be back again soon!Special Features:
- Delicious and fun!ATLNativeVIPDined on 8/3/2014Always a go-to place for client lunches especially when time is of the essence, Baraonda has become our favorite for after the show. Well-managed front of the house and really good food! My dining partners loved the polipo appetizer. A favorite is the seafood pasta with Georgia shrimp. And they have real buffalo mozzarella (an upcharge but well worth it). Don't miss the house-made limoncello!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousSavvyDinerDined on 8/3/2014We brought a group of 12 - choir members and their families - to Baraonda after our concert on 8/3. I lunch here regularly and always enjoy the food and am pleased with the service. They did a nice job with our large group and multiple checks. The menu is diverse enough to satisfy those who do not want the trendy Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoriTDined on 8/3/2014this was my first time to Baraonda and it was a great experience. the food was wonderful, had the lasagna and our server was very nice, attentive, and informative. will definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Spotslitherin1330Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I had our first date at baraonda. We return every year to celebrate. The menu seems to have been pared down a bit over the years, but the remaining dishes are flavorful. Great pasta. Great pizza/flatbreads. We love the calamari. Varied, but not an expansive or overwhelming wine list. We've dined here over 10+ times over the past 7 years and have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Baraonda Ristorante & Bar reviews archive.
- False AdvertisingGourmandDined on 7/27/2014First, we enjoyed ourselves, the food was good, as was the service, and the wine was excellent. We would go back now that we know what really is and is not on the menu. I chose this restaurant based first on location and second because there were three items on their website menu that I really wanted to try. None of them were on the menu I was handed and there seemed to be a much smaller selection than I remembered. I asked about the lamb shank and was told it had not been on the menu for months. However, she continued, although there was no lamb on the menu and it had not been mentioned as one of the specials, there might be something in the kitchen. I was offered rack of lamb. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Good go-to placeATLNativeVIPDined on 7/27/2014I've relied on Baraonda for quick but client-worthy weekday luncheons for a couple of years. I've recently discovered that it's a fun and affordable spot for before- or after-Fox events. Be sure to make a reservation! Just this weekend our waiter Dan was extremely accommodating and patient with some difficult people in my party. The food is really good, and there's a short but interesting wine list and a nice selection of craft beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicenmulkeyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Food was delicious and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Dinner before showOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Early reservation before show at Fox. Great food. Moderate service (he seemed overwhelemed. Didn't know dinner specials. Slow with bar service). Get the lasagne. Ladies room was a wreck. Toilet issues. Paper on floor. When I told the host (who was gabbing with the other host) his response was, there is another bathroom.Special Features:
- Great food, but loudDavidDined on 7/22/2014We've been to Baraonda many times over the years. It's always good. The pizza is always fantastic, rating right up there with other great Atlanta pizza restaurants (Fritti, Antico, etc.). My wife had pizza, and I had the veal scallopini, which was excellent. Our server was good and fairly efficient, if not overly friendly. But it was busy and hectic, so I can't necessarily blame her. It's loud and bustling in the bar area where we sat, so conversation was sometimes challenging, which is too bad. But overall, our dining experience - the food and wine and atmosphere - were positive, which has always been the case every time we've been there. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we'll be back!GatorInAtlDined on 7/19/2014the pizza is to die for! great for a date night, or before a night at the FoxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oklukeVIPDined on 7/17/2014There are better restaurants on Peachtree to select from.... The wine list is great and food very good the service is fair at best.
- DisappointedChicagodinerDined on 7/12/2014I always dine at Baraonda when in Atlanta but was disappointed with this visit. Food was great but the staff was disorganized. We arrived early for our reservation so had a drink at the bar. Our dining time came and went but no one took us to a table although there were many visible empty areas. Had to go to the hostess desk and ask when we would be seated. We dined outside which had an odd smell.Special Features:
- efficientkgatthetableVIPDined on 7/12/2014hi, here's your food, here's your check, bye. I've been to Baraonda before for lunch and found the food and service to be excellent. There was interaction with the servers, inquiries as to how the food was, did we want anything else etc... I guess the dinner plan is get the folks in and out to the show at the Fox so dispense with anything else. The food was good, they got you in and out in a hurry - whether you were in a rush or not. Next time we are heading to the Fox we'll go someplace more relaxing.
- Great ItalianMichaelBVIPDined on 7/9/2014We always eat at least once here each time we are in Atlanta. The food is always excellent and the staff engaging and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014I love this place, i've been going for years, always come back when we pass through town. Every person i bring loves it too, can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.