Bar Verde – Nordstrom at the Grove
189 The Grove Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bar Verde – Nordstrom at the Grove
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (323) 900-1610
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Travis Chase
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Bar Verde – Nordstrom at the Grove
Bar Verde is a full service restaurant and bar that embraces a farm-to-table philosophy by using produce and proteins that are fresh, seasonal and local. The restaurant will be open for lunch and dinner with extended evening hours. Customers will be able to dine from a seasonally driven menu that changes four times a year, by season. A full bar at the entrance of the restaurant will offer a selection of wine, specialty cocktails, beer and a dedicated menu of small plates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bar Verde – Nordstrom at the Grove - Best Restaurants in Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St. ›
Bar Verde – Nordstrom at the Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (7)scenic view (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great placeOzzyOzDined on 11/22/2014Love this place and we keep coming...Food is great and sitting was a breeze...Special Features:
- AmaryllisVIPDined on 11/21/2014The most consistent thing about Bar Verde, for me, is the service. Every time I've been there I've had a different server, but none has ever failed to impress me thoroughly! Food is terrific too; and I love the outdoor setting "above it all" at The Grove.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummypreciousDined on 11/4/2014Great place for lunch! I met some friends for lunch and spent over 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmaryllisVIPDined on 10/16/2014Another great lunch at Bar Verde! I tried the Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos for the first time. Very tasty indeed. My friend had the Ahi Tuna Salad and loved it. Jacob, our server, was wonderful as well. Bonus: We had left behind a very fancy collapsible wine carrier there the previous week, and had forgotten about it. Doug, our server from that day, having spotted it and put it aside, marched over to our table to present it to us a week later, much to our surprise and delight! Yet another reason to love coming here.Special Features:
- lunchsydellDined on 10/12/2014Very friendly staff. Excellent quality of food with just right serving portions. Great place to meet friends for lunch.Special Features:
- AmaryllisVIPDined on 10/9/2014Bar Verde is an impressive addition to the restaurant line up at the Grove. Location, setting, food, service, prices -- all great! I recommend the Seared Chicken And Avocado Salad. The chicken (breast with wing) is moist and tasty, plus they've corrected the level of saltiness. The salad greens are always fresh; and I normally eat around croutons but, for some reason, the ones served on this salad are irresistible. I often follow lunch with a movie, just a few yards away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmaryllisVIPDined on 9/19/2014I had dined here twice before for lunch -- really enjoyed it; and this was my first evening visit. There were three of us and we were all delighted with our meal (the scallops main course was especially heavenly -- though it may have bordered on too salty). The outdoor evening setting overlooking the green at the Grove was great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LoveLAFoodDined on 9/19/2014Always a pleasure eating here for lunch or dinner. Food is always great and they recently changed the menu for Fall items. Also the drink menu is wonderful! Recommend ordering a bottle if you plan on having more than two glasses for total of 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Simple food order took 35 minutes to get to table despite our view of kitchen staff laughing and talking and doing everything but cooking. On arrival hamburger was well done not medium rare. Turkey club was cold.
- At the GroveHonestlyDined on 8/31/2014This is a really restaurant with a great outdoor dining option. Perfect for viewing all the action the Grove offers located at the end of the loop in the second level of Nordstom's. The restaurant has it own elevator entry which makes it feel completely separate from the store. Great food options, great service, and the cocktails are very piquant. Overall great a really great experience at the Bar Verde.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great Viewof The GroveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Bar Verde is my favorite spot at The Grove. The food is carefully prepared and the waitstaff is very attentive. Patio dining is the best for people watching below. And the special drinks are the best! All that's needed is to improve the bar food menu, which was skimpier than my last visit.Special Features:
- AmaryllisVIPDined on 8/14/2014This was our second visit in one week after first discovering it. Happiness! It seemed to be all different servers this time, but every one of them, especially ours, was extremely pleasant. The food was great again -- we really loved the ricotta/eggplant/tomato in a jar. This is going to work out just fine as a semi-regular dining spot.Special Features:
- Great viewSwimmerDined on 8/11/2014Great view of the fountains great food and right size portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmaryllisVIPDined on 8/7/2014Oh my goodness, what a find! Having lunch there on the terrace overlooking the green; then catching a movie just a few steps away; followed by hanging out, people watching, and strolling for a bit -- all made for a fabulous afternoon at The Grove. But back to the lunch: We had the Seared Chicken & Avocado Salad (server's recommendation when I couldn't choose between that and the pasta); and the Ahi Tuna Salad -- both of which were SPECTACULAR and DELICIOUS. Unable to resist the temptation, we followed it with the Peach & Blackberry Cobbler for dessert -- SO GOOD. The very personable and gracious staff -- EVERY ONE OF THEM -- added to the pleasure. The two of us left totally excited about discovering this new dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MayaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Consistently a nice and delightful setting. Easy to park & great people watching from the window.Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Bar Verde – Nordstrom at the Grove reviews archive.
- Bar VCorbycorbVIPDined on 7/25/2014Been to Bar Verde a couple of times. Nice atmosphere and very good location. Food is always above par. Serivce was beyond excellent. Definately would go back again.Special Features:
- willysX88VIPDined on 7/11/2014Bar Verde is a welcome addition to dining at the Grove. Chrystian is a very good bartender, an excellent server. Eating either inside out, Bar Verde offers a wide variety of options from light to filling. Access is easy — just take the entrance with the glass doors just west of Nordstrom's. The terrace is sheltered from the sun and ideal for watching the crowds. All the servers are pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Good foodYum4TumDined on 7/10/2014We went for dinner and sat outside. It was healthy, well prepared food that came in good portions. We ordered the chicken like tacos, carrot soup, fig salad, skirt steak, and chicken pasta. We shared everything because it was so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VerdeHillyVIPDined on 6/30/2014Nordstrom has done it again. Outstanding tastes and presentation. Subtle flavors infused into and around our fish dinners were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place to Eat at the GroveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/29/2014I've eaten at Bar Verde twice with my 83 year old mother and have not been disappointed. It's a charming little space, with a fun view of the Grove from up high. The staff is friendly, hip and very attentive and charming. The food is reasonably priced and quite good. A nice little neighborhood find in a busy mall.Special Features:
- Party at Nordstrom'sEricVIPDined on 6/28/2014Surprisingly nice place given that it's in a dept. store in a mall - got to love The Grove and Nordstrom must have spent a fortune on their recent renovation. We ate on the balcony and it really couldn't have been nicer. The food was really good too - my spicy cauliflower appetizer was especially yummy. The ambience is very contemporary, but the whole experience took me back to the fancy dept. store restaurants my grandmother took me to for my birthday (with shopping for a present) when I was a kid. Bravo Nordstrom for reviving that idea. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodGuccaVIPDined on 6/23/20145star food quality, everything taste really good. I like the outside seating at the grove.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor LocationasherbeeDined on 6/22/2014Bar Verde at The Grove had a great atmosphere and the outdoor seating was great for people watching. Food was also great, would come here again.Special Features:
- Awful Seating Psolied the MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2014I specifically asked fora quiet table to conduct a business meeting and they put me in the back room, but then added a family with a small, noisy child. Spoiled my whole experience!
- Great place for dinner!KarlzDined on 6/3/2014Great place for dinner in the area. Very reasonably priced. Easy to find, and located right in the mall for shopping before/after your meal. My pasta dish was oustanding, and all members of my party were also very pleased with their entrees. Drink menu looked interesting as well although none of us ordered from it to save money. Would definitely recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I did my marriage proposal2QT4UDined on 5/23/2014I requested for a private secluded area so I can do my proposal and it was given to me. Service was good by Crystal our server that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new Grove spotEmilee92968VIPDined on 5/4/2014This was a fantastic new find in the Grove. Great food and interesting drinks with a gourmet twist. Very enjoyable, especially with the outside seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch the world at the GroveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/25/2014Great service, good food and pleasant atmosphere. One of the great finds at the Grove. Nice place to pass the time after a movie or shopping excursion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodGeorgioVIPDined on 4/19/2014The food is excellent , and everything else was outstandingSpecial Features:
- A not-so-secret Secret RestaurantVeronicaDined on 4/19/2014I'm pretty sure it's the time that my boyfriend and I had dinner, but it was fairly quiet on a Saturday evening at 6pm. The ambiance was nice above the crowds at the Grove, and it was pretty cool be able to enter through the separate entrance on the side of Nordstroms. It felt as if we knew something that others didn't (There is actually an entrance to the restaurant on the second floor). The service was good and attentive and suggestions, on point. The only reason I docked a star for 'food' is because I felt as if both my boyfriend's and my plate were a bit overly salted. Otherwise, the menu prices were reasonable and the food options were good. I'd go back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine family spotFoodieNCDined on 3/29/2014Had a very good meal here with 3-generation family. The kids' menu is unusually good and reasonable. The waiter was very attentive, arriving at the table with a kid-friendly cup filled with lemonade for our 5-year-old. The ricotta-eggplant jar with rustic toast and the grilled artichokes were outstanding appetizers. Desserts--chocolate terrine and pots de creme--were also excellent. My only criticism of the restaurant is the fact that we were offered an outside table on a very chilly night, with no space heaters. Despite the fact that I had made a reservation well in advance, we then had to choose between either the too-large communal table or a four-seat booth for our family of 5. Food is fine, but seating options need improvement.Special Features:
- My husband and I had suchMayaVIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I had such a delightful time. Great service and the food was fabulous. Thanks for a nice evening.Special Features:
- meets all the expecationLAEATERVIPDined on 3/15/2014we had a great experience. The food was delicious and well presented. From the get go we were will greeted and Rick gave us great service the whole night. Great location and food. This restaurant could be so much bigger if they wanted to.Special Features:
- For the most part......pleased.DesertdwellerDined on 3/15/2014Food for my friend and I was over-cooked. The French dip roll almost sliced through her roof of the mouth because it was so hard. I had asked for my burger to be ""pink" which normally means medium. It was well done and chewy. Cooked beyond any juices running through it. Service was attentive and friendly and the weather was perfect for outdoor dining. Food wasn't up to par for the prices being charged.Special Features:
- Good Food, Service Could Be BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/10/2014The Bucatini with Short Rib was so delicious that I wish the portion was slightly larger. My friend's Wild Mushroom Flatbread Pizza looked very good. I just wish the service could've been a bit more attentive: automatically bringing a pasta spoon with the bucatini, refilling both water glasses instead of just one, and letting us know if someone else will take over while our original server went to take a break. We were there for a 1:00 pm lunch which is prime time, but our server disappeared after asking if our entrees were ok and a manager brought us our bill. Not a very polite or professional service if you ask me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotMichalBDined on 2/14/2014This is one of the best kept secrets at the grove. It's usually not too crowded, the food is amazing & so is the service and the drink selection. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend. I will be returning for date night again ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service. A littleJasonVIPDined on 2/14/2014Good food and service. A little too noisy. Very friendly and competent staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Nordies RestaurantLAfoodieVIPDined on 2/7/2014Had a great dinner at the new restaurant inside Nordies at the Grove. Great for views, exceptional service and REALLY good food. Had the scallops, patatas braves, winter risotto and steak MUST TRY LAVENDER COCKTAIL so delicious. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar VerdeamariejDined on 1/23/2014Usually I would not mind a small entree but both dishes that we had ordered during our visit were extremely over seasoned, and one of the sides was completely burnt.Special Features:
- terrific lunch at the Grove!Saffi2050VIPDined on 1/15/2014Have been wanting to try this place - inside Nordstrom. It's a fairly nice full service restaurant. Everyone very friendly, not very attentive service, from the servers to the front desk & seating. But friendly once you get their attention!. Excellent food & decent wine list. A nice break from the other over priced & supposedly fancy restaurants at the Grove. Will definitely go again!Special Features: