Bar Verde – Nordstrom Americana
102 Caruso Avenue
Glendale, CA 91210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bar Verde – Nordstrom Americana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://shop.nordstrom.com/st/nordstrom-glendale-ga
- Phone: 8186647005x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt MacKay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please contact General Manager, Hiro Christoph, at firstname.lastname@example.org for your special event needs.
A word from Bar Verde – Nordstrom Americana
Bar Verde is a full service restaurant and bar that embraces a farm-to-table philosophy by using produce and proteins that are fresh, seasonal and local. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner with extended evening hours. Customers are able to dine from a seasonally driven menu that changes four times a year, by season. A full bar at the entrance of the restaurant offers a compelling selection of wine, specialty cocktails, beer and a dedicated menu of small plates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Verde – Nordstrom Americana reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (11)scenic view (8)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- I think NOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014The mini tacos were good. what we paid for them, I could of bought 13 tacos at "Del Taco". My entre, Baby chick breast with some strands of, "Poor Angle must of been its last trans of pasta. Oh well, If you are in a diet, or not hungry go for it. Restroom! WHAT restroom? you have to walk a tenth of a mile if you want to go. REALLY!Special Features:
- EspressoGeorgioVIPDined on 8/8/2014As I said before they don't have espresso in the bar verde, I'm not going their till I find out they are serving espresso ?Special Features:
- An experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The menu is great, the service is fantastic, and the ambiance is beautiful. They have the most amazing food. Everyone at the table had their Strawberry Ginger Lemonade Spritzer to drink and it was very tasty, not too sweet and not too tangy. We also had calamari for starters and it's perfectly cooked. The sauce was just the right amount of sweet and the peppers just make it pop. The burgers we ordered were perfectly cooked, seasoned well and looked very appetizing. The black cod just melts in your mouth! And the chicken with prosciutto that I had was divine! I couldn't get enough! I think one of the stars of their menu is the tuna poke. Fresh tuna and the sea weed that came with it was phenomenal, especially with the sesame chips!Special Features:
- Delicious Food!!!Samik81Dined on 7/25/2014The jerk chicken, tomato ricatta and eggplant jar, the blue berry martini...ALL of it amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice fresh saladEnriqueVIPDined on 7/25/2014Good service, menu not too wide but ok. food quality very good on the healthy sideSpecial Features:
- CruiseNightBoundfairboundDined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious. Many choices on menu. Sat on balcony with view to Glendale's Americana. Service was excellent, we were checked on often. In fact, our server noticed our table was a bit wobbly and fixed it without our even mentioning it to them. It was nice that they take Nordstrom gift cards as payment.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014Everything was just ok...probably won't be back unless I'm shopping at the Americana and hungry and the wait everywhere is really longI would recommend this to a friend.
- MiraMiraVIPDined on 7/18/2014Place is so lovely.One of the best salads i ever had. Coming back for sure to try more dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Bar Verde – Nordstrom Americana reviews archive.
- love this placeVeryHappyDinerDined on 5/11/2014it's a best kept secret for americana visitors. being inside of Nordstrom's it's not in your face, so people just don't know until you try it, but it's phenomenal. food is great. service excellent. drinks really good. and above the noise and crowds of shoppers. relax and enjoy the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and Imaginative FoodCleanYourPlateDined on 4/23/2014The many enticing dishes in their lunch menu made it difficult to pick just one. A couple of us ordered the excellent Bar Verde Burger, which was very juicy and tasty. Others had the soup of the day, the salmon entrée, the chicken salad, and the mushroom pizza. Everyone was very pleased with the delicious food and the comfortable atmosphere of dining on the outdoor deck. The service was very good. The special treat was the Spicy Mexican Chocolate Cake, which three of us ordered and really enjoyed. It was unusual to have chocolate cake with a spicy (but not overwhelming) kick balanced by the delicious ice cream it came with. We're definitely going back to Bar Verde.Special Features:
- Best kept secretVeryHappyDinerDined on 4/19/2014people stand in line and wait for over an hour for cheesecake factory and right down the walk and upstairs in nordstroms is a much better restaurant. the cocktails are great. the food reasonable and delicious, and the service is excellent. it's quiet and relaxing and right above the action of the main plaza. it's a great place anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken tacos worth writing aboutAmorFood61VIPDined on 3/9/2014A great get away unless the Americana is packed. Crafted cocktails are unusual, in a good way. The Nor'easter is an great improvement on Moscow Mule. And yes, chicken tacos with lime and cilantro are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodGeorgioVIPDined on 3/1/2014the food was excellent, and the service too, the ambiance was not that greatSpecial Features:
- Good foodFoodieVIPDined on 2/16/2014We love their chicken breast with prosciutto & sage. The flavor was deep & rich. They have great kids' menu & reasonably priced. My friend didn't like her angel hair chicken pasta. It was too much of tomato taste. Their service is good & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and likely last timeTrynewplacesDined on 12/21/2013We had to ask for bread when other tables around received. Dinner plates brought out at different times causing us to wait until everyone received their plates. Portions are really small for the price.
- New addition to Glendale!DsinagaDined on 10/3/2013Had a great meal here! Love the fact that the food is locally and organically sourced. Menu was fresh and inspired. The wait staff couldn't have been nicer-we were comped an extra side dish because I had enquired about it but decided on another one instead. New to Glendale and hope that people will support it as we need more restaurants of this caliber here. You can also go shopping at the Nordstrom's after your meal :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. MyNickyDined on 9/29/2013The food was delicious. My only complaint is the portions were really too small. As is too often the case with restaurants that offer really good food, the portions are too small. My friend ordered a chicken salad. She was very disappointed because there were very few greens. For $15 per salad, they could be more generous. Also, I saw diners being served salmon. It was a really small piece of salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSavydinerDined on 9/29/2013We enjoyed our lunch very much. The ambience takes you out if the shopping frenzy. Once you are in the Resturant you forget your in Nordstroms just for a little while! Farm to table done in a creative way, Fresh quality food that is truly delicious. Worth every penny and every bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice when shoppingAmorFood61VIPDined on 9/28/2013It's a nice get away from shopping at the Americana. Tasty. Nice deck with view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed meal at Bar VerdeNtinoVIPDined on 9/28/2013While the food was excellent, the service was not. We waited 15 minutes before we were acknowledged and then the service was uneven after that. The staff (including the manager, who did not pick up on the fact that we were just sitting at our table, without water or menus. The restaurant was not that busy, as we ate at 5:30 PM) needs much better training to serve the guests. We thoroughly enjoyed our food however, so we will give Bar Verde another chance, but the service had better pick up, especially at these prices, or we won't be coming back.Special Features:
- A new place to eat in GlendaleCulasaVIPDined on 9/21/2013Good food, great service, and nice new addition at the Americana. I just don't like have to walk thru Nordstroms then up to the third floor to enter the restaurant. Lazy me.Special Features:
- Opening weekend lunchLunchieDined on 9/21/2013Had lunch on the opening weekend. Good flatbreads. Another decent option at Americana for lunch. Wait staff friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.