502 6th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barsixny.com/
- Phone: 2126911363
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: DJ QoolMarv every Friday from 10pm till closing
A word from Bar Six
A french Moroccan bistro in the heart of Greenwich Village with a mellow yet energetic ambiance. Outdoor seating is available on a first come first served basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Six reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (5)romantic (5)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Would be perfect, but...MarvourneenDined on 7/30/2014Bar 6 has the potential to be a very comfortable yet sophisticated place to enjoy an absolutely delicious French-Moroccan meal. Unfortunately, the lovely bistro atmosphere is overwhelmed by too-loud music and a noisy bar. It had the type of food that's made to savor and a decor that is romantic and cozy, but at my table, we couldn't hear each other speak and the rowdy bar-noise was extremely unpleasant (on a Wednesday evening). I would recommend Bar 6 for the food, but few people I know would be interested in having to compete with the volume of the bar just to have dinner conversation. I'm not sure I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful atmosphere.hughDined on 7/29/2014Love this place. Always good for a special occasion or just taking out someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cammarcVIPDined on 7/6/2014food was not good. Artichoke undercooked, steak overcooked, hamburger dry.Special Features:
- pamkVIPDined on 6/25/2014A favorite of mine which never disappoints. I always order the Tagine chicken and each time I say next time I will order something different but I never do...why mess with perfection. Our waitress was very attentive. Dined a little earlier than usual so it was quieter and easier to talk at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in New York CityFatChanceDined on 6/4/2014I so love this place. I was given a table I used to enjoy from years back. The staff is the most wonderful imaginable. What else is there to say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why botherdmb64VIPDined on 6/3/2014Tender bland chicken Tagine, limp fried squid, Steak au Poivre didn't seem to have pepper corns. Extreme sound levels might as well have ear plugs as you won't hear anything anyway
- Two- to- Six....JLDOCDined on 5/7/2014I go to Bar six regularly when I want a special but reasonable meal for 2 people, OR when I want to have a lunch meeting with up to 6 colleagues and i am picking up the tab. The food is consistently good, the service is friendly and the noise level is manageable. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Bar Six reviews archive.
- Go-To Neighborhood SpotnohofoodieVIPDined on 4/30/2014My boyfriend lives around the corner from Bar Six so we enjoy just popping in here for dinner during the week. There is never a wait and the food is always delicious. We like to get the tagine chicken, fried zucchini, meatballs, spinach, steak... Wine selections also great. Tables for 2 are a little cramped but not a huge deal for me.Special Features:
- Un-expected charmOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/27/2014We came accross this place by accident about a mounth ago and have come back again it was so good the first time. This time it was even better! The food is different but very inviting. The Ambience is perfection, and on Sunday night the jazz music was a perfect delight. Our New favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Vibe, Decent BrunchReidDined on 4/13/2014Jazz entertainment was excellent, overall vibe of the place was great, noise level bumped up as more folks came in but food was good, drinks good and waiter seemed a bit tired initially but was responsive and kept the drinks coming once he probably saw we kept drinking. Good experience overall.Special Features:
- Always goodFIFIDined on 4/7/2014I work near Bar Six and the food is always good. Love the setting. Reminds me of Paris. Simple standbys on menu but reliable and pleasant staff make it a win win.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Six is a great late night findDouganandaVIPDined on 3/29/2014Bar Six serves something tasty for everyone, available late, which is especially nice après theater. The menu is rather classic French bistro / American gastropub comfort cuisine. It's noisy due to being popular. We needed a spot around 10 and Bar Six fit the bill well. I'd return if in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort--food and ambianceGrandmaVIPDined on 3/28/2014I had the vegetable couscous, a generous serving of couscous and plenty of sauce, with lots of vegetables. My dining parter had the garlic chicken. Both of us greatly enjoyed our meals, which also included soup (for my partner) and salad (for me), The sorbets were a treat, and the crene brûlée, which we took home, was really delicious. A very nice touch is that coffee/tea is included in the price fixe, we left feeling pleasantly full and well treated. The only down-side was that the music was a bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurant & barOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/8/2014Good food and a nice, cozy space with friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurantsyashDined on 3/7/2014The food is consistently good. Service always starts out great but usually goes down hill as the meal progresses. Nothing awful, just no one ever returns to ask if you're meal is ok and it takes a while to flag someone down for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outside the box mealSoyYummyVIPDined on 2/28/2014I wouldn't normally go for Moroccan food. It seems like a fringe cuisine to me. But I love to try new things and glad I did. I went to Bar Six with two best friends, and we all enjoyed our flavorful Morrocan fare. We enjoyed the ambience, not too loud or too quiet, just right for fun time out and good conversation. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- Libes it!VictorDined on 2/21/2014Came for dinner with a friend, super nice staff, great food, I wasn't on a date but It was very romantic, brunch seem to be a great spot, a definetely must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy neighborhood restaurantLove2GotorestaurantsVIPDined on 2/16/2014I have passed Bar Six for years and always thought, i should really try that place. Went there last night with my family. Loved it! It was a freezing night and as soon as we walked in, i felt all warm and cozy. Nice bar area in front which was packed at 6:30 on a Sunday night . We shared some dishes to start (mediterranean salad and hummus platter) that were scrumptious. Good wine selection. We all ate something different and everything was delicious! General atmosphere is friendly and comfortable, Feels like you are in a bistro on the left bank of Paris. Just as we left, the live jazz music was beginning, so next time we will plan to go later. And there will definitely be a next time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar SixFIFIDined on 2/10/2014Lovely cozy spot for dinner - good ambience. Has a European cafe vibe. Good food but the service was a little slow. My friend asked for a beverage and didn't get it. Had to ask again. Other than that I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular go to for usOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014We have returned a number of times and find Bar Six consistently good. It is very convenient for us when we go to our movie around the corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid French with a Moroccan TwistChartman12Dined on 1/25/2014Conveniently located, great food-- solidly French with some small Moroccan highlights. Sauces were very good. Coucous was perfectly cooked. Manager on duty seemed a bit harried and the space was a little crowded, but overall really lovely and yummy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic.amygDined on 1/25/2014Bar Six is a classy French bistro that feels very classic new york. I had crab cakes, which were just perfection. I've been coming here for years and it is always lovely. pretention-free, beautiful interior, friendly staff, delicious food - what more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/17/2014Great food and relaxing atmosphere. Good variety on the menu. Loved the penne Provencal. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014This place had a lot of great options and great service. Everyone in my party of 8 enjoyed their meal!Special Features:
- A convenient surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/21/2013We go around the corner to the Quad very often and needed a local place for dinner. We have our standbys but wanted to try something new so we booked Bar Six. We were more than satisfied with the food, price and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty solid, but not exceptionalAndrewVIPDined on 11/15/2013Been wanting to try this place for a while. Finally went with a group. All our apps were awesome. The entrees, however, were just ok. Nothing incredible.Special Features:
- Good Lunch PlaceScott236Dined on 11/13/2013OK for lunch for the price. The waiter we had was terrific. The lamb sausage sandwich was excellent. A good selection of beers.Special Features:
- This was my second businessIdonotcookDined on 10/2/2013This was my second business lunch at this restaurant and it was delightful. My guest was late, but the staff remained attentive and welcoming and did not make me feel pressed to order something. When my guest arrived, they served us promptly. The lunch menu is broad enough to suite nearly every taste. I will return.Special Features:
- great musclesnaninniVIPDined on 9/23/2013The muscles were excellent - I liked the fact that it was a lot of muscles and no fritted - sauce was incredible the salad nicoise wasnt special but we went to eat on a Monday night at 11 p m perhaps thats not the best time for fish would go back for the muscles alone - memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2013I love this place, but have never been during the day. I think I remember it gets crowded and hot spot-y at night, which is fun. During the day, though, it's bright and sunny, not crowded, very civilized. I had the smoked salmon on egg salad on toasted country bread. My niece had the ceasar salad and we split the outrageously delicious fries. The food is solid, service was good (it was not crowded), and we had a really nice lunch. Great if you're in that neighborhood, looking for a place to meet up with a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.