323 Occidental Ave. South
Seattle, WA 98104Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barsajor.com/
- Phone: (206) 682-1117
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday and Monday ~ 5:30 pm to 9 pm
Tuesday through Friday ~ 11 am to 10 pm (Lunch ends at 3 pm and Dinner starts at 5:30 pm)
Saturday ~ 5:30 pm to 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Matthew Dillon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our mezzanine dining room is great for large private parties of up to 20 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2066821117x
A word from Bar Sajor
Bar Sajor is centered around an untraditional, stoveless open kitchen featuring a wood oven and fireplace. It serves a menu that focuses on our wood-fired kitchen and the unparalleled bounty of the Puget Sound region. Our menu changes daily, and we do our best to showcase the beauty of our region's food ingredients. We have a bar that features a thoughtfully curated beverage list featuring mostly small production wines, as well as cocktails and sodas made by our team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Sajor reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (45)romantic (45)special occasion (40)notable wine list (27)hot spot (23)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- BuzzDined on 11/20/2014We have eaten at Bar Sajor three times and each time it has been a wonderful dining experience. Professional, knowledgable staff, great food and an extensive wine list make this one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulDesignAKDined on 11/20/2014The atmosphere is lovely. The entrées are spendy and small portions, but very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceEllaDined on 11/15/2014Our dinner was disappointing as we both thought the bass dish was very fishy and the gravy it was in was fishy also. The service was less then friendly
- Still Rockin ItHelleboresDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant never fails to have something new, seasonal and creative on the menu. Beautifully done - not over done. Subtle, elegant fabulous. Madrona bark ice cream? Really would guess there was a lovely flavor to those beautiful trees Branch out and try one of the virgin drinks - cantelope vinegar was incredible. No exterior view needed when the interior is so fabulously done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, smallish portionsPDXfoodieDined on 11/8/2014This was my second time being at Bar Sajor. The food was largely really tasty, especially the appetizers: oysters, the smoked yogurt, the bread and butter. The entrees were more hit or miss, and the portions were really small for the price. The pork leg was $30 yet appetizer sized and the servers did not do a very good job of consulting us on how to best order for our group of six. If we'd have doubled up on some of the ordering we probably would have had a better meal. That said the location and ambiance are gorgeous and I think this would be a great, romantic dinner spot for two. The food really is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2014The Pate was amazing and our waitress Erin was very helpful with wine. Would go back again for sure.Special Features:
- Delicious, interesting food.FishDined on 11/2/2014This was our second visit to Bar Sajor and once again, it was wonderful. The food was simple, interesting and really delicious. The standouts for me were the parsnips and the lamb, both of which were superb. Slightly less successful (for me at least) was the salmon, which was a little fishy for my liking, but still tasty. Service was spot-on: friendly, attentive and professional. The space is gorgeous, and I really enjoy watching the cooks do their thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of Europe in Pioneer SquareLayniacVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had a delightful late-night dinner at Bar Sajor. Having walked in from the cold rain into an ambiance that suggests your in a Parisian neighborhood felt just perfect. It may not be intentional, but the excellent wait staff manages to move slowly enough to keep the feel of being in another country while paying you just the right amount of attention.Special Features:
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014I totally lucked out finding this place for dinner with my mother (notoriously picky) and our cousin (a happy foodie). The service was excellent, and oh so patient with my family. The food was wonderful. Rabbit, parsnips, and some seriously tasty homemade ice cream.Special Features:
- Loved it!bdanglesDined on 10/26/2014Great service and creative food. Lots of stellar options for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. Get the house made, cold-smoked yogurt and say yes to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed ...FoodloverDined on 10/25/2014The wine steward was the best part of our experience ! He was engaging knowledgeable and just lovely. It ends there sadly! The food choices were super limited . The portion sizes were tiny, really tiny and expensive! Nothing we ate was notable , just ok. We joked about getting a pizza after because we were hungry. Also when did changing $5 for bread to accompany your $31 piece of fish become the norm.
- Disappointeddiner57Dined on 10/19/2014The menu didn't give us many choices. My brother's chicken was better than my warm crab dish. We were disappointed that the food was good but not memorable, and not worth the price. The setting was nice, but the neighborhood isn't the best, so I wouldn't recommend making the effort to find it.Special Features:
- We were Surprised!lvpurplDined on 10/19/2014We did not know what we were in for until our different plates arrived. Everything was excellent, beautifully plated, and shareable. The service was really great. Our waitress helped us with the wine list and the menu. We were pleasantly surprised and raved about our dining experience with friends.Special Features:
- Delicious food, Pretty spaceLovingDiningDined on 10/18/2014This is a really "pretty" restaurant. It has a French bakery feel - lots of white and light wood with a big open fire oven in the kitchen. High ceilings and wood floors could make it cold but they break up the space really nicely with flower arrangements, hanging lamps and various height structures. The service was exceptional and the food was interesting and delicious. Little things like serving house spice/herb tea upon arrival enhance the experience. The seating isn't super comfortable so you might want to call first if you're bringing someone who needs a specific seating situation. Other than that, this is a nice little restaurant. Everyone we encountered was super friendly and helpful. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The overall experience was amazing, if I was to create my favorite place to eat it would be this restaurant . Amazing food , great service and beautifully designed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Best brunch in a long time. Smoked trout-Excellent, Biscuits, Excellent. Wish they were open every weekend (only Seahawks game day).highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horribly DisappointingLuvFoodVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went for brunch before the Seahawks game and left hungry, thirsty, and irritated. There were four of us and brunch was $130 - with small plates only (no entrees) 2 cocktails and 2 beers! While most of the dishes were tasty, there were too small and overpriced. The service was terrible. We ordered the jamon plate and it only came with two small pieces of bread. We asked the waitress for more and she replied, "no" without an explanation. When she returned, I asked her again and she then replied, "fine", only to come back 15 minutes later, after we had finished! In addition, they kept rushing us out even though the place was half empty. I definitely won't be going back here anytime soon.
- Great foodMikeADined on 10/10/2014It was amazing to sit so close to the action of the kitchen. Extremely open prep. Flavors were fantastic. Carrots and black cod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiemdDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful night! We went for our anniversary and couldn't have had a better evening. The food, as expected from Matt Dillon, was spectacular. Our server, however made all the difference with her knowledge of the menu and recommendations not only for food, but for wine pairings that were perfection! Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over hypedkingchriDined on 9/27/2014We went to this restaurant because there were a few write ups on the place. The place is small but well decorated. The food, while it was good, was very small in portion. For example, I had a smelt with vegetables. For price I should have gotten way more than 3 smelt. My wife ordered the chicken the forest (mushroom) stew. It was bland and the flavors were muddled.
- A Pioneer JemGlassyDined on 9/26/2014Some last minute reservations took us to this spot. I have been wanting to try some of the newer Pioneer Square restaurants and this was the perfect introduction. Great food (Cod and leavened bread) and drinks (something with smokey scotch) were had. The waitress was fantastic. All and all a great spot.Special Features:
- Bar SajormariannezDined on 9/26/2014Lunch for four. Food: 2 Flat Iron Steaks, 1 Quiche, 1 Beet Salad, 1 Trout (pan fried?). All nicely prepared and presented, full of flavor. Space is open yet warm and comfy. Lots of windows - covering most of 2 18' high walls - bringing in both outside pedestrian mall/street activity and daylight. Service was slow, inattentive and incomplete (e.g. lacking follow through - a second Americano following one w/cream and sugar request came w/out either).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFirsttimelongtimeDined on 9/18/2014Good service, responsive to specific questions but not forthcoming about ordering choices. Food was well seasoned, flavorful and fresh bit limited in portion sizes. Left hungry after apps and entrees. Warn me ahead and I'll order more food. Win win.Special Features:
- WonderfuldinnerJane1224Dined on 9/17/2014My wife asked me to eat here and I was skeptical because she couldn't describe the food...afterward and after enjoying a wonderful course of Salmon, Mushrooms, mixed Vegetables and locally baked Bread my description would be a restaurant that features Local, Sustainable, Homegrown and local caught fish and locally grown Beef. An absolutely wonderful experience with the best of service, generous portions, also a fine wine & beer selection - $$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Delicious food in a warm and comfortable setting - open to the warm summer evening. Like eating in a large, open kitchen. Staff was very attentive. We shared the tasty pickle selection - special mention for the pickled watermelon, which was fantastic - and the steak, also very well prepared. Bread is amazing! Our favorite place after a week of sampling Seattle's terrific restaurant scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative Dishes & Food PrepMonikaVIPDined on 9/8/2014Amazing flavors and combinations of farm to food dishes: lobster mushrooms with cucumber; special cheeses, etc. and a rustic bread which is to die for (made at the premises), great dessert: a huckleberry custard with a very creamy ice cream. All dishes were well prepared with an amazing use of unusual food combinations; great service; the plates are all on the small side even though sharing is definitely encouraged - every bite needs to be savored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.Foodie111Dined on 9/8/2014Disappointing, out of the four dishes we shared not one jumped at us , leaving us wanting more. The charcuterie plate the last time I went was delicious as was everything we had. The muscle and clam dish tasted fishy and when the albacore tuna dish came and it was not albacore it was Ahi which I would not have ordered. The lobster mushroom dish was lacking flavor and any excitement. The bread and pickles were by far the best thing the entire night. We commented that we would have been happier with a dog at the Mariniers game! We were were two dissapointed foodies.Special Features:
- Saturday date nighteatdrinktravelDined on 9/6/2014Absolutely lovely space, great ambiance, very cozy and dining up on the upper level overlooking the rest of the restaurant was really fun. The food was pretty good...ordered 3 small plates and 2 entrees, and had some interesting wine pairings. I wanted to love it, but nothing really stood out as memorable or amazing; the portions were really small and left me wanting a bit more for the price. Would give it another shot for lunch or happy hour, just because the space is so great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savor reviewsmoreDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding! On all aspects. Food was fantastic! Service was spot on. Attentivness was great. Best meal in Seattle in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tastes and ServiceRlcbjcDined on 9/3/2014We had the Sourdough Bread along with the Cheese Plate and Heirloom Tomatoes as an appetizer and the Flavors and textures of all items were excellent. We shared the steak which was prepared perfectly (medium rare) and sliced for east sharing. The sorbet desert with fresh peaches was just the right finish. Ryan our server was awesome.Special Features:
- A disappointmentMacondoDined on 8/29/2014Service: Competent, yet frosty (when not outright condescending) Food: Every dish was a riot of components and flavors. But not in a good way. Top notch ingredients thrown together with an unfortunate lack of subtlety or control. Way too much going on in each dish. Everything could have used an edit. Just because you can pair albacore and anchovy aioli with olives and watermelon doesn't mean you should. Ambience: Lovely space. Good luck reading the menu in the dark though. Overall: Skip it.
- Seattle Has great foodOtowndinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014And Bar Sajor is no exception to the long list of opportunities. Once you walk into Bar Sajor you see that the focus is on a great dining experience. The open kitchens with wood burning oven and stoves is really cool and adds to the ambiance. The selection for lunch was just perfect. We shared several items from each section of the menu. All were great without exception. So in Seattle this is highly recommended to visit Bar Sajor for a relaxing and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Exciting flavor combinations!Travelin2Dined on 8/28/2014Great night with friends. We were able to share several smaller plates. Tuna was fabulous!! Each bite of every plate brought a new exciting flavor combo to the table. Wine and cocktail lists were unnecessarily pretentious but our server gladly helped us make excellent choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorableJeffDined on 8/28/2014the food was great - especially the bread. i have walked past this place many times, and glad i took the opportunity to patronize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stuck upstairsLindaVIPDined on 8/21/2014upon arrival we were looking forward to enjoying the beautiful and bustling ambience, then we were seated upstairs in a corner table with zero character, no atmosphere or energy of the first floor. Our waiter had the same lifeless energy. we were disappointed and left after a couple of appetizers.
- Intriguing foodtomeyeDined on 8/17/2014Great touches on this menu. Interesting and distinctive choices. The outdoor seating was a must for me, because the indoor environment, although good looking, was spoiled by candle smoke. I'm allergic to the toxic fumes. But outside was nice on a calm, pleasant summer evening.Special Features:
- It was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Everything was lovely. We don't eat like huge portions and like to focus on food and wine pairing.. The only thing I would have liked to see if more authentic and rustic dishes off the grill. Other than that it was was creative and well thought out contemporary American cuisine with a lovely charming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thomasVIPDined on 8/13/2014We liked everything about bar señor except the seating. As it is generally crowded, one takes what's available, and you have a 50/50 chance of ending up at a high table with your legs dangling. but the rib-eye is special & the bread is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thinking of moving to SeattleJosieDined on 8/12/2014Just for the chance to have dinner there more often. The wine list was truly unique, but the staff knew their stuff so not intimidating. The food was really lovely as well. The pit roasting was wonderful. And it isn't often that I claim the broccoli was the best thing I ate. But it is really the sum of the parts that make Bar Sajor special. The staff was very welcoming and helpful without being clingy, the room was amazing, and then add the food and wine. Truly a special spot.Special Features:
- good food but limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2014The food here is very good but the menu is very limited particularly in protein choices. There were four of us and they serve family style. There were only a few meat or fish items to choose from. This is a great restaurant for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.