24 Spring St.
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barrossoct.com/
- Phone: 2033888640
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00 - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 pm- 10:00 pm
Friday & Saturday Dinner 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday Dinner 4:00 - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Massimo Stecchi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let Bar Rosso take the stress out of entertaining! We offer delicious menus, themed events and wine tastings that will "wow" your guests. Baby showers, engagement parties, wedding brunches, holiday celebrations…next time you want to relax and enjoy your event call us. Make life easier!
Our Event Director can handle all party planning details such as rentals, linens, floral arrangements, music, valet, party favors and more or we can simply come to prepare our quality food in your kitchen.
- Private Party Facilities: Bar Rosso's goal is to make your private event unique and memorable. We offer a variety of menus that can be tailored to meet all your special event needs. Our Executive Chef uses the freshest ingredients available to create intense, flavorful modern Italian cuisine. To complement your fare, you may choose wine from our award-winning list of over 200 selections. Our experience and attention to every detail will enable you to enjoy your special occasion, and the company of your guests, without concern.
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Gentile 2033888640
A word from Bar Rosso
The restaurant has been totally transformed, sporting a dramatic two story high central dining area surrounded overhead on two sides buy a dining mezzanine overlooking the main dining area and on a third by a private dining room softened behind shaded glass. A dramatic bar of stainless steel set against a backdrop of exposed stone runs the length of the room and leads the eye to the real focus of the place: the imposing steel surround of the woodburning beehive oven. Rustic wood ceilings and exposed stone walls set against high energy glass and steel combine the old and new at Bar Rosso, setting the tone, reflecting the soul of the restaurant. Featuring glorious Italian cheeses and charcuterie, small plate specialties, mix and match bites off a large antipasto menu, wood oven thin crust pizza, homemade pasta and Italian inspired entrees, Bar Rosso is intended as a tour of the Italian culinary scene complemented by a full Italian wine list and cocktails inspired by the authenticity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Rosso reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Nice casual dinnerMrsYDined on 9/27/2014Something for everyone and nice wine selection, although they could used some more 'intermediate' priced red wines. Sat outside because it was a beautiful late September nite. Food and service were good.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANTFLOATVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food and the service was excellent. The deserts were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Very good food. Nice to sit outside for casual work lunch. Read a different review that outdoor chairs are really uncomfortable. Agree they should be upgraded, but other than that, good place and food always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/24/2014weak drinks. Very noisy on Thursday night. Eggplant dish not what was indicated on menu - more of a tapinade.Special Features:
- DisappointedSenoraDined on 7/19/2014This was a second choice, due to the first choice not having a reservation at a good time. It was a lovely evening, and we were happy to be outside. The chairs were not comfortable for any of us, unless I put my purse behind my back. The waitress was friendly enough, but we had to ask for bread. Perhaps that is standard. The wine was fine and fairly reasonable. We were served the entree before finishing the salad. My salad and entree were okay, although not very flavorful. The other two people did not enjoy their meal. We all agreed that we would not return.Special Features:
- The following 180 reviews are from the Bar Rosso reviews archive.
- RoxyDined on 5/24/2014we had a great time staff was great music too loudSpecial Features:
- Restaurant or Man Cavedj8980Dined on 5/24/2014I've been going to this place every year I come up to Stamford. Over all the food is still good...,however the huge picture of the Ferrari behind the bar doesn't fit the beautiful wall. Even the car picture upstairs and the ones on the downstair wall...doesn't fit the patentional romantic feeling the place could have. I know its an somewhat Italian restaurant...but are you a restaurant or a fancy car garage???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza loverEduardoDined on 5/18/2014One of the best pizzas around, very close to what you'd find in ItalySpecial Features:
- 3 courses of disappointmentItsaboutthetasteDined on 5/17/2014Bar Rosso looks exciting with it's open windows and decorations. Even the bathrooms are beautiful. The only thing not exciting was the food. We had three courses that needed lessons from any tv cooking show since they had neither taste or looks. The $100 price tag for two people that only ordered one appetizer to share, two small salads (lettuce in a bowl), two meals (fish and ravioli), and one glass of wine made the whole thing even more insulting.Special Features:
- Stamford Surprisewhat2thinkDined on 5/12/2014We were incredibly pleased with our experience at Bar Rosso. The food was fresh and delicious. The wine selection was perfect, not too stuffy but very varied. I didn't give 5 stars because we were a bit surprised with the restaurant's prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Great service, great food, awesome place to go with a group of friends or on a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over friendly WaitressStamfordResidentVIPDined on 4/25/2014Food was great, atmosphere is comfortable to romantic, restaurant noise level is noisy but not disruptive. Our waitress spoke to us throughout our entire meal about various aspects of her life and we were barely given time to enjoy our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spotMandMVIPDined on 4/22/2014This is her favorite happy hour bar in downtown Stamford. We also have dinner here quite frequently. The service is outstanding and we always treated like family.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Food and ambience were great. On Sunday any bottle of wine less than $100 is 50 percent offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIDCIAODined on 4/5/2014This was an ABSOLUTELY AWFUL experience!!! Ended up walking out!!! WILL NEVER GO BACK & TELL EVERYONE NOT TO GO!!!
- As native Italian, I can sayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014As native Italian, I can say quality of food is pretty good: in particular pizza is not too far off from Italian pizza. However, portions are too small: For example portion of pasta was definitely too small for a 20+ dollars plate. Good Italian restaurant but not excellent as other Italian restaurants in Stamford.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/4/2014a great place. food is good. parking is good, there is a lot across the streetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicedawnDined on 3/14/2014We were seated in a private room near the bar; the servers were OUTSTANDING. The room was comfortable and we would return again.Special Features:
- Love it!JeffAyarsVIPDined on 3/13/2014I've been once or twice before, and each time is better than the last. This past week I got the restaurant week special, and it was amazing! So glad I stopped in after my trip to the Avon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallWingywunDined on 3/7/2014This is a fun place to get a drink and apps, it was lively and fun.Special Features:
- I give it a C+chrisfDined on 2/27/2014Food is okay. Probably better to just get drinks and enjoy the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancyMickerbabyDined on 2/21/2014It's a favorite of ours but the portions are small and the prices are high. It's a typical eclectic, fun place to dine. But it's also very loud, so not a great place to go if you actually have important things to discuss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Housed by Loud MusiceatforfoodDined on 2/14/2014Our Valentine's dinner was trumped by very loud / not dining appropriate house music topped with poor service. The kitchen forgot our order which resulted in waiting an hour to eat. The shame in it was that the negatives out paced the food quality which on its own was absolutely delicious . So if, food is all you care for than this is the place for you but would not recommend for a nice romantic peaceful night with your loved ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience alwaysBobMDined on 2/14/2014A great experience always liked outdoor dining. Indoor is just as good in cold weatherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014The menu looked great online and had so much potential. Sadly, everything went down hill from there. We arrived and it took nearly 15 minutes for our waiter to come take our drink order and another 10 before we got our drinks. We ordered our entrees which took approximately 50 minutes for us to receive, when the restaurant was less than half full. My wife ordered filet, medium and received it medium well and I ordered lamb chops medium, which were also medium well. When our entrees arrived, I asked for steak knives and was told that the restaurant does not have steak knives. We had to cut our meat with butter knives. It was quite horrible. I'd have complained about the temperature issues with our meal if we saw our waiter again. Never again
- Business Lunch InformalOldSaltDined on 2/6/2014For a business lunch in a location where the food and the service are great and you are able to have a conversation Bar Rosso is the place to go when in Stamford, CT.Special Features:
- Bar RossoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/23/2014First time at the restaurant. Very nice décor. Great bar area. Service was friendly, helpful and efficient. Food was very, very good. A great selection of appetizers and salads - very interesting combinations. Nicely presented and very tasty! Entre (Wild Salmon - Balsamic reduction) was very good as well. Nice presentation, cooked perfectly, tasty accompaniments. All in all a very nice dining experience. Definitely a "do-over:!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014I visited Bar Rosso with my husband and inlaws for the first time this weekend. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was great! We ordered the broccoli rabe pizza, burger, sea bass, and lasagna. All were excellent. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great experienceMandMVIPDined on 1/10/2014Great dining experience. The wait staff treat you like family.Special Features:
- Came here in the summer andShaksDined on 12/21/2013Came here in the summer and had delicious pizza and salad and came again last weekend and was disappointed, pizza and other dishes were cold and not nearly as good as my first visit.
- A very warm welcoming staffMandMVIPDined on 12/20/2013A very warm welcoming staff that makes you feel part of the family. It's a beautiful bar and the ambience is excellent. The food and the presentation is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeRedsducatiDined on 11/10/2013We both wanted something they did not have ( it was a Sunday night) so that was disappointing but the appetizers and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!Quartz4ShortsDined on 9/27/2013Bar Rosso was a place that my friends and I had not been to before, though we are Stamford locals. The food was amazing and their specialty cocktails and wine list were great! I highly recommend the Huckleberry Lemonade. We will definitely be going there again! Also a great little coffee/gelato shop next door for dessert/nightcap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialPeterDined on 9/1/2013Food was ok, nothing special. Selected from the Restaurant Week menu. My swordfish tasted fine, but I'm not completely sure is was swordfish. Wife's steak was good, planning on having the leftover's later this week.Special Features:
- Pleasantly suprisedStamfoodieDined on 8/24/2013Perhaps due to the name, I expected Bar Rosso to be more of a bar than a restaurant. My friend and I sat outside on a Saturday night and everything we ate was delicious. The caprese salad was phenomenal - the mozzarella was definitely very fresh. we both ordered the pasta with ragu which we devoured. The portion size was just right - not too big that it felt ridiculous, but not too small either. We also shared brussel sprouts which were delicious. Would definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but a little expensive.HughBareissDined on 6/21/2013Excellent food but a little pricey. With wine $75 per person. I really enjoyed the gnocchiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise.eat23Dined on 6/18/2013Sat at the bar and had a meal of many light bites; nice creative drinks menu, wonderful food. Will definitely recommend and return.Special Features:
- Enjoyable brunch for Mothers Day!VAS911Dined on 5/12/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our Mothers Day brunch at Bar Rossa and our party included three generations, (ranging in age from 13 to 90). The food, service and ambience combined to make the experience one we would like to repeat - for lunch or dinner another day or night for certain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was here for lunch on Saturday.jnf1984VIPDined on 4/13/2013Was here for lunch on Saturday. Wasn't busy but waited for food for an absurdly long time. No reason for it. We were a group of 6 and placed right next to two strangers. Could've put us elsewhere the restaurant was empty. Not a great experience.
- excellent food. kids wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2013excellent food. kids were happy. allergies tended to with care. best pizza i have had in a long time. will definitely return.Special Features: