Bar Ristorante Ridi
1800, Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, QC H3H 1E4Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Bar Ristorante Ridi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ridi.ca/
- Phone: 5149041900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 2:00pm ; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Peppino Perri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: When intimacy is important to the success of a Business Meeting, a get together or a celebration, the RIDI Blue Room offers privacy without walls.
The Blue Room is entirely surrounded by glass, offering the spectacular atmosphere of the main dining room but guaranteeing a controlled environment.
Ridi is an intimate space with endless possibilities. When a traditional meeting venue won't do, our ‘outside the box’ venue features high speed wireless internet in a fluid and multifunctional contemporary space.
For presentations, product launches, incentive evenings, or a family reunion, Ridi is flexible and creative. If you can imagine it, we can do it.
The Blue Room can accomodate up to 12 people.
A larger space called Mini-RIDI can be arranged for groups of up to 25.
- Private Party Contact: Peppino Perri 5149041900x
A word from Bar Ristorante Ridi
Classic Mediterranean cuisine prepared with market fresh ingredients served in a contemporary and stylish decor. Live, love, eat, drink and laugh (ridi)...life"s essentials at downtown Montreal's newest culinary hot spot!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Ristorante Ridi reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (3)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/25/2014We loved RIDI -- excellent food, particularly the veal scallopini -- tender and tasty. Wines by the glass excellent. Delicious tender snails with polenta; mushroom risotto. Round, high-back booths for privacy. Dessert good but small. This is the restaurant in the Hotel MeRIDIen, on Sherbrooke in Montreal. We would definitely go again; were just visiting Montreal for a few days.Special Features:
- artieDined on 6/24/2014I have adopted this restaurant as one of my favorites. Was never disappointed so far. Wish it were open all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Bar Ristorante Ridi reviews archive.
- SCANDALEUX Le restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014SCANDALEUX Le restaurant etait fermé samedi midi ( 22/3 a 12h ) On avons attendu sous la neige pour ensuite savoir par l'hotel Meridien a cote que Le Ridi n'ouvre qu'a 5h PM le samedi . C'est tout simplement INACCEPTABLE . TRAN YEN
- Excellent veal.....beautifullyKanmarkDined on 3/21/2014Excellent veal.....beautifully presented and warm friendly , attentive service!Special Features:
- Dîner-rencontre agréable et efficacRikiDined on 2/21/2014L'endroit, le menu, l'espace et la localisation ont fait de notre dîner rencontre un moment où le travail a pu devenir agréable. Merci beaucoup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everthing was fine exceptDarlingDined on 11/30/2013Everthing was fine except dessert which was ordinary. Only 3 tables for a Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative (yet quiet) experienceBobPDined on 11/16/2013We went with another couple since, frankly, there were few tables for four at 8 PM available elsewhere on a Saturday night when you make a reservation five hours in advance. The food was beautifully presented and more innovative than we had seen in other upmarket Montreal restaurants recently. The wine list is not extensive but it has some interesting private importations in the $40-$60 range, including a bottle from Sardinia that we enjoyed. We could not understand why the restaurant was practically empty. It is only on the second block west of guy street, and in the Meridien Hotel to boot! The Meridien alone should be able to send them more diners than the three tables (ours included) and four bar patrons who were present that night.Special Features:
- The restaurant seems desertedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/13/2013The restaurant seems deserted and the food, other then some pasta and the fois gras was quite mediocer.
- Saturday night and restaurantxxxxVIPDined on 9/7/2013Saturday night and restaurant was empty. Outrageous liquor prices - highest I have encountered across Canada
- Great Food - Is It Worth The Price?MontrealRegularDined on 8/2/2013My wife and I were excited to try Ridi's Restaurant because we use to love going to this restaurant when it was Bronté's. The service was great and the wine went well with the meal. The food on a whole was very good. However, it did not have the wow factor to be demanding the price they have on the menu. I don't mind paying that kind of price when the food is out of this world good. Do not misunderstand me please. It was very good and I was very satisfied at the end of the meal, but it was just missing that melt in your mouth taste that would put it over the top and not make you think twice about the price. I would recommend this place to people who are celebrating an occasion like my wife and I were, but not for just any meal. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely late night mealKikilebeauDined on 6/1/2013We had reservations at 10 and had the resto to ourselves. Service was amazing. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was disorganized, poorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Staff was disorganized, poor communication regarding special requestsSpecial Features:
- Simplement délicieux du cocktailOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Simplement délicieux du cocktail au dessert. La place est magnifique, la nourriture succulente et la carte des vins très intéressante à juste prix. Bravo, nous y retournerons certainement.Special Features:
- Overall, very statisfied ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Overall, very statisfied of my dinner at Ridi. My only thumb downs would be it is a bit pricy... I know that we are expecting to pay more for alchool and other things around but 8$ for a bottle of bubbly water (pelligrino) that was on special at Maxi for 1$ the same day is exagerated... Food wise, very goo.The quality, the taste and the presenation is impeccable.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Went to this restaurant for a romantic night out, and it did not disappoint! The ambiance was quiet but not silent, the service was great, but despite the nearly empty dining hall the waiter was not overbearing. I had the gnocchi with lobster and it was one of the best meals I have ever had in a restaurant. She had the Quadri stuffed with salmon and ricotta with a cherry tomato sauce which was also exquisite. The wine specialist recommended a Pinot Grigio (you can never go wrong with that choice) and it complimented our meals perfectly. Chocolate mousse dessert was also incredible. 2 meals and dessert with a bottle of wine is not cheap at this restaurant but for a special occasion it is well worth it. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- well we got there for 1740OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013well we got there for 1740 reservation was at 1800 we were ignored for a good 10 minutes, there were 2 other tables of 2 so the 2 waiters that were working weren't really busy.So l took a seat a the bar and just waited till a waiter decided to show interest, if we didn't have the voucher l would have worked out.The waiter was distant kind of not interested, well it was what do you want this is our menu not really explained, the other tables there was more interest things were explained.just wanted to eat have a glass of wine and leave. Food was okay, no wow factor the salmon with ginger was okay the veal with mustard sauce was cold and salty didn't say anything a Pannacotta should be free standing and not served in Creme Brulee.
- Le serveur a conservé lesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Le serveur a conservé les mêmes verres de vin lors de changement de sorte de vin ???Special Features:
- First time at the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013First time at the restaurant and even though we had a coupon, they treated us extremely well. Staff was very courteous and efficent. Loved the ambiance, very well decorated, modern and clean. It was very quiet which suited us fine. The food was very good and tasty and it was well served.Special Features:
- Avions un coupon Tuango trèsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Avions un coupon Tuango très bon menu nourriture excellente belle sortie au centre-villeSpecial Features:
- Fantastic little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013Best veal we have had in a long time! But then, everything else was superb. Don't hesitate: go.Special Features:
- The service was great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2013The service was great, but the food really average and there was no one in the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Good service but a bit over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2012We booked for a Friday night, but we needn't have bothered, it was very quiet. Service was very good, very attentive, in a good way, and they could do enough to help. Unfortunately, we were not there for a lavish 3 course, wine filled evening so our needs were pretty simple on this occasion, which didn't really suit the venue. Food was fine, no complaints but we both felt it was overpriced. We shared an appetizer, had a main course each and no wine or alcohol and the bill still came in at just over $100 including tip. Maybe that is Montreal...but we have eaten better for better value at several other restaurants in town, although not in this particular area, maybe that had something to do with it.
- So So disappointing from serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012So So disappointing from service to food. We will definitely never go back or recommend this restaurant...
- Ravioli et sauce rosé de l'épicerieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2012Je suis allée au Ridi avec un coupon de Tuango. Nous avions droit une expérience gastronomique. Et croyez moi ceci n'a pas été un expérience gastronomique. Nous avion 1 verre de vin maison chaque et 6 tapas d'inspiration du chef... Ho lala!! Elle nous a apporté la bouteille de blanc avec pas d’étiquette, elle nous a dit que ca prouvait que le vin était froid que l’étiquette était reste dans le sceau a glace! hiiiiii! Les 6 tapas étaient en faite 2 fois 3 tapas: un ravioli avec de la sauce rose de chez Métro, un poisson avec des petits légumes et je ne me souvient plus du troisième mais s'était tellement terrible que nous avons manger que les 3 tapas et sommes partie finir le repas avec un bonne poutine. Je ne vous le recommande pas du tout.
- Not worth the price. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012Not worth the price. We had a coupon at $75 value which we paid $35 for and when we received our food we were all shocked as it was not worth the coupon value. The Maitre'D told us that we received food for the value of $35. There was no communication among the waiting staff and Maitre'D .We ordered sparkling water at $8 a bottle what a ripoff and top to top it off they kept filling our glasses with tap water. I do not recommend this restaurant at all. There are much better restaurants in Montreal.
- Food was OK however was notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2012Food was OK however was not worth 72$ but we did pay $35 on Tuango and that is all that it was worth. We each got 3 so called tapas (wieners; pasta; and a small piece or smoked salmon on polenta all with a small glass of wine - Not worth the money and will not be back. Tapas usually consist of either shrimps, lamb chops, tartar steak, scallops, etc... in other words a better selection of food - This was more like antipasto. Never again.
- I went because of a TuangoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2012I went because of a Tuango deal and so the food was quite inexpensive for me. We had three tapas - a lovely salad (since we don't eat pork), a very good beef tortellini and a fabulous, mouth watering fish in basil sauce with polenta - cooked to perfection. The fish made the whole meal worthwhile and I have no doubt there are other hidden gems on the menu.Special Features:
- We had a «Tuango» offer forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012We had a «Tuango» offer for 75$ of tapas for two with a drink each . We were served a plate with a handfull of tortellinis, a handfull of sauted italian sausage with peppers and a small slice of smoked salmon. We had to ask twice for water and never got any bread... Very disapointed! I'm never going back...
- Good food, service cld be better...KarinavoreVIPDined on 6/1/2012First visit -- not sure what to expect, but chef Pepinno's s heritage from Latini was positive sign. Had five course menu with Lobster vanilla bisque (great!) salmon tartare (fair...) and mains of veal escalope (very good) and grouper (fish -- excellent). Highly recommended for the food. On less positive side, wine list limited and serving staff unable to provide much guidance on choice of wine or menu items; as well, would have been nice if offered a booth seat, since resto not very busy, rather than be seated at back.... On the whole, would not hesitate to return or recommend to somebody looking for meal in the area.Special Features:
- Tapas d'inspiration du chefOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2012Tapas d'inspiration du chef avec le bon Tuango. La nourriture était très simple pour ces tapas : Pates à la sauce rosée (relativement fade), saucisse italienne avec pommes de terre (excellent), mini sandwich au saumon fumé (moyen). Désert à la carte : Tiramisu avec glace à l'Amarreto (très bon) Je présume que la carte classique proposée par le restaurant est d'un meilleur niveau que les tapas offert et c'est bien dommage car nous ne garderons pas un souvenir mémorable du restaurant qui est toutefois vraiment très bien décoré. Les bons du type Tuango permettent souvent de faire des découvertes culinaires et nous pousse à revenir par la suite, ce ne fut malheureusement pas le cas ici.
- It was a nice place but withGabyVIPDined on 5/28/2012It was a nice place but with other options in Montreal, this was not food I would crave. Good but that is about it. They do have a nice patio and bar so maybe a 5à7 would be nice...Special Features:
- Nous sommes passés à la terrasseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Nous sommes passés à la terrasse du restaurant pour la terrasse et le menu tapas.Nous avions acheté un forfait sur Tuango qui nous donnait droit à 6 tapas et deux verres de vin. Les tapas étaient désolantes insipide tout manquait de goût et d'assaisonnement. Le chef est pourtant bien reconnu, mais cela ne nous donne pas le gout de retentez l'expérience. Donc à éviter à tout prix
- Something is wrong with this place!RumRunner65Dined on 5/25/2012The restaurant is on the street level of Le Meridien Hotel in the museum row of Sherbrooke Ouest in Montreal. There were 4 of us (2 couples) in for dinner on a Friday night at 8 pm. The decor is great, very modern but the place was empty, even later. The service in general was good. The food was hit and miss, starting with the grilled octopus appetizer being terrible. The mains were ok, but the lamb was very fatty and overcooked. The worse part was the air: it was humid and stormy outside that night, and inside was hot and very humid, to the point where we were all pouring with sweat during dinner. We asked the staff and they assured us that the air conditioning was on! This plus the quietness of the place made it an unpleasant experience!
- Excellente soirée ! En aucunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012Excellente soirée ! En aucun cas nous nous sommes sentis bousculés (nous avions une réservation à 19h15 et avons quitté près de minuit). Excellent service, nourriture délicieuse, ambiance privée... Nous y retournerons !Special Features:
- The food was superb and theGentleDined on 5/4/2012The food was superb and the service excellent.We will definitely recommend Restaurant Ridi to our friends. The valet parking "feature" is a definite added benefit.Special Features:
- Correct sans plus!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012La qualité du repas était correct sans plus. C'est le restauramt de l'Hotel Méridien donc dans un ambiance resto d'hotel de qualité honnête. Pour le prix, il y a de meilleur resto à Montréal.
- Great food presentation, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Great food presentation, good food, ambiance could be improved with much lower lighting.
- very nice decor but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2012very nice decor but the food was a little disappointing . Maybe it was because we bougt a teambuy deal and they didn't give us the best options on the menu, this is too bad for them cause if I had better choices I would have gone back.
- Overall, the restaurant didn'tMikeDined on 2/6/2012Overall, the restaurant didn't meet my expectations. The ambiance was quiet, however not fitting for a romantic evening getaway. With respect to food quality, the food was bland and presentation was fitting for a large chain restaurant and not a fine dining establishment. Service was less than spectacular, however they did offer complimentary tasters during appetizers and desert. Personally, I cannot recommend this location to future patrons.
- Highly recommendedGreat2pizzaDined on 1/14/2012We were a party of 4 and everyone enjoyed their evening. The service was impeccable, the presentation of the food appetizing and most it was excellent. We highly recommend this ristorante! The elegant decor amalgamated well to the quiet ambiance. We are recommending this restaurant to all our friends.Special Features: