687 Memorial Drive
Atlanta, GA 30316Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.baroneatl.com/
- Phone: 4045220999
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am Kitchen closes at 12am; Friday-Saturday: 4:00pm - 3:00am Kitchen closes at 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Natasha Wong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Friday-Saturday: Live DJ after 10pm
- Special Events: Please Call
A word from bar ONE
bar One, located in the Grant Park neighborhood, is the new bar and lounge by restaurateur Peter Thomas. bar One adds a new offering for city dwellers and suburbanites who wish to experience a laid-back lounge setting. The new bar/lounge will surely be the go-to spot for those seeking refuge from the mundane. Once once you enter the doors of bar One and take a seat you will certainly feel right at home. Driven by the fusion of music, eclectic Caribbean inspired tapas, and spirits, bar One will without a doubt quell the curiosity of its presence in the in Grant Park neighborhood by introducing to Grant Park something that it has not yet seen but certainly needs to round out the social scene. bar One is for everyone whose lifestyle is not driven by the trend but by the desire to experience true pleasure in their social excursionsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
bar ONE - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
bar ONE reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (27)good for groups (24)special occasion (24)late-night find (21)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great Food, Bad Cover ChargeSuperCoolVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is sooo good, and consistently so. I do think people with dinner reservations shouldn't be required to pay a cover charge. Maybe those in the lounge area with the dj should pay the cover. I shouldn't have to pay for the opportunity to eat dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but I expected more...AlwaysOnTheGoDined on 8/23/2014I may have gotten on the Bar One scene too late. My girlfriends and I made reservations and I am not sure why we needed to. There were not that many patrons in the lounge. Nonetheless we still had a good time. The DJ was great and the food and service was exceptional. I would definitely go back knowing this is more of a low key kind of scene. I think we may have been a little over dressed for the occasion. Jeans and heels instead of dresses would have sufficed.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceWendyBDined on 8/22/2014Went to celebrate a friends birthday, the entire experience was amazing from the band, to the seating (which reminded me of sitting in a very comfy living room) to the food and drinks. I will defiantly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ATL's Best Kept SecretTinyTanyaDined on 8/16/2014I always have a great time when I go to BarOne ATL. The food is delicious, the service is great, and the DJ is always on point. Peter Thomas you did that!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out off town visitorNewYorkStateofMindDined on 8/16/2014Contrary to previous reviews, my experience at Bar ONE was terrific. The food was excellent, the serving sizes was appropriate, the DJ on Saturday was jammin on the old school. Overall my experience was good with the except for a bridal party that got a little loud and out of control and the hostess that should have been more attentive to the guess walking through the door. When I arrived I had to approach her not knowing if she worked there or not. In others she was not attentive and was uninviting. Overall I had a great time and will return on my next visit to the ATL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentTexasDallasDined on 8/15/2014Huge dissapointment with the waitress; food; and complete set up; I've never in all my years of fine dining 5 stars, etc have I ever been told that a gratuity was mandatory!! Never! I still think that is something that needs to evaluated on the validity of it; however if the waitress had paid a little attention perhaps it would not make the bad food; lack of regard for silverware; water; and food such a deal breaker. V- Dallas, TexasSpecial Features:
- InExperienced & UnprofessionalHonestlyDined on 8/12/2014We waited in the valet line for 25 minutes , just sitting in our car and the guy told us we could not self park. Then we got inside , there was no hostess to greet us, a waiter walking by told us to go find a seat ! We just sat down at not even a real table . After 15 minutes, my friend walked to a hostess who was too busy texting on her cellphone to look up and give eye contact . She told us , just wait , someone will come to your table. We waited another 15 minutes and finally we left to go to 255 tapas where we got served immediately . Bar one just lost money for horrible service . Don't expect this to be a normal restaurant , I think it's a club .Special Features:
- Girl's Night Out @Bar OneChucktownDivas7Dined on 8/9/20146 of my girlfriend's and I traveled from Charleston, SC for our semi-annual weekend retreat. Bar One was a must visit attraction on our list. The food was Excellent, the atmosphere was right, the music was on point and the ambiance was set!!! Overall, we enjoyed ourselves. I must say the only down point of our night, was when we were asked to move from where we were sitting, because someone else had reserved the spot for a birthday party. Understandable, if we were told this when we booked, and we wouldnt have been caught off guard. Between the 7 of us, we patronized very, very, well and it was just not very tasteful how it came across. Nevertheless, we would visit Bar One again. "We love Peter&Cynthia"❤Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014My evening at Bar One was good. My only issues were the size of the venue and the serving size of the food compared to the price.Special Features:
- Service was so slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The Food was so good and I enjoyed every bite but the service was the worst ever. took 45 minutes to get a drink from the bar and they didn't have what I want. took 40 minutes to get out food and another 30 just to get the bill so we can leave. I would have enjoyed my birthday if the service was so slow.Special Features:
- Ok ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Didnt care for the seating, I was sat so far away from everything at a location where I had reservations while there was a live band, the other thing is I didnt expect a cover charge when I made reservations; we should've been informed.Special Features:
- so much for expectationsDivaDinahstyDined on 8/1/2014bar One is owned by a Reality Atlanta Housewife, I have glanced at the show, hmmm, not saying much, neither did this spot. The live band was great, the furniture in the lounge, very uncomfortable, the chairs a over-sized coupled with a low table making it hard to eat, food was good. I am sure that this being said, maybe Cynthia will sit in one of the chairs and try and eat, crouched over a table 3 feet from the floor....not sexy. Also, I can understand paper napkins in the bar, but a nice linen napkin in the lounge area would be great, just a little touch of class. It's all in a name...or nah.Special Features:
- ExperienceSharonita24Dined on 7/26/2014My friend and I went to Bar One on Saturday July, 25, 2014. We had a great time!!!! The hostess was very nice and our waitress was also. We even had the pleasure of meeting Peter Thomas and his brother Earl. They were very nice and pleasant individuals. We will definitely be coming to the locations! Love Bar One in Atl!!!!! This experience is one I will never forget!!!! Sharonita Wade Sharonita24@yahoo.comSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayPartlySatisfiedDined on 7/18/2014I was apart of a party of 4, on Friday, 7/18/14 @ 8:00 pm. The restaurant was not overcrowded. The server we were assigned was forgetful and slow. The rum punch needs more of a punch. The DJ needs to work on the mix and transition of music. We had a good vibe going then he would switch. Then play a song no one is dancing (not even in their chairs), he continues the song. Other than that we had a good time, the atmosphere had a great vibe. The ambiance is awesome for a date night with someone special. Not worth all the hype.Special Features:
- Service was excellent!DateniteDined on 7/13/2014Great food! Service was beyond great! We had soooo much fun at barone! I cant wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I had a great time. Nice atmosphere, no thugs. We would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time/Great Foodcartersluv2eatDined on 7/9/2014We had a wonderful time at Bar One. The food, ambience, service, and live band were just EXCELLENT!! I will recommend to my friends and definitely will be back! We even took pictures with Cynthia Bailey and Todd Tucker....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I loved the atmosphere and the music. I had the Strawberry Peach Mojito which was delish and the Jerk Chicken and Shrimp pasta which was full of flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening at Bar oneElegantAmbianceDined on 7/5/2014The atmosphere was great. I can see that being a place that i visit often, and also a place that i introduce others to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to check out.JrzegirlDined on 7/4/2014Nice decor and the drinks were good. Que the server was very attentive all night. The Carribean food was great. The painting of Cynthia on the wall is stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it, will be back again!!CandyluvDined on 7/3/2014This place was very nice, keep up the good work Peter. Wonderful and friendly staff, and the chef was great with the food. Couldn't ask for anything better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014We had reservations for 7:15. After being seated we waited quite a long time just to be recognized. Slow service followed. Waitress would disappear for 10 to 15 min stretches. The restaurant wasn't at all busy during this time. Food was over salted and lacking bold flavors. Overall a big disappointment.
- Just OKTJ1908Dined on 6/26/2014None of the items in the menu were available. What's the purpose of a menu if you can't provide the items? The service was great but then again they had nothing to serve. I won't be returning.
- Chill yet sophisticated place!MahoganystylesDined on 6/20/2014My sister's and I were on vacation. We had heard about the bar before so we decided to try it out. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will go back with no hesitation. Our server was absolutely amazing! If you haven't been go book now, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and HotSweettea78Dined on 6/20/2014Live music was great! If you like spicy foods, that's your spot. Drinks were good but Indont expect to pay $12 for a lemon drop martini and it is served in a flute.Very small and extremely hot. I would hate to see if filled to capacity. Overall, the birthday girl enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedRocknRyDined on 6/7/2014Heard a lot of things about Bar One. Some good some bad but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by what I experienced. I made reservations got there on time and was seated right away. Our waitress, Autumn was very alert and attentive. I had the jerk chicken quesadillas and my friend had the oxtails soup and the jerk wings. The food was delicious. We washed it down with some cocktails. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Believe The HypeNeverAgainDined on 5/31/2014Had an 8pm reservation but was told we could only sit @ our table for 2 hours if we sat in the lounge area, the hostess said if we sat @ the cocktail tables near the bar we wouldn't have to move and could still hear the DJ. Our waitress was persistent about getting our order and even made some suggestions. Jerk wings were dry so we replaced it with the hot/honey wings which was much better choice. Low & behold around 10pm the waitress closed our tab out without us saying we were finished and the hostess came over and said she needed our table for another party! By this time we had already decided to leave because we didn't like the vibe of the place so we didn't argue with her. They also had nerve to be charging @ the door when we left!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time!!!!!Live4funDined on 5/30/2014We had a group of 10 and had an awesome time. We had reservations in which they ran behind but it didnt bother us. The music was on point!!!! We couldn't eat from trying to dance! Lol. I believe in trying things out for myself because sometimes bad reviews will cause you miss out on great fun. ALL of the staff were professional and courteous! You should go!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The food & drinks are overpriced for the amount you get. We had reservations & we were asked to move after 2 hours, eventhough we were still eating & drinking. I think it's bad customer service to ask your customers to move when they're still spending money!! We left & went to a Wet Willie's!!! That was my first & last time at bar One!
- Long WaitsComfort972Dined on 5/24/2014I had been to the restaurant before, but this second visit was a bit different. The food took longer than expected and necessary, and it was not as impressive as the first time I had it. Still loved the flavor of the food and appreciated the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands Down WonderfulAwfulVIPDined on 5/24/2014I live in Atlanta and never saw the urgency to go. A friend was visiting from out if town and basically begged me to go. I grabbed a few extra friends and headed out. WE HAD A BLAST! Oh and our waitress was vibrant, knowledgable and accommodating. I can't remember her name but she is taking acting lessons and kind of reminds me of Tiona Taylor. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible SERVICE!!!gerwaynahDined on 5/23/2014For this lounge to get the publicity it is getting from the television show the service level does not match up. We had a reservation for 9pm. We arrived at 8:50pm we were promptly seated however a waitress did not come take a drink order for 20mins. One waitress came after she had seen us sitting there for about 10mins to light the candle but did not mention anything about someone coming to assist us at all. Once a waitress finally did come to take our drink order it took another 10mins before she came back to take our meal order. The food was good but the service ruined the experience. The drinks were watered down. Peter's Rum Punch was a bust. The lounge was not busy so there was no reason for the long wait times.
- The following 124 reviews are from the bar ONE reviews archive.
- Early DinnerCA2ATLDined on 4/12/2014I brought my friend visiting from CA to Bar One on Saturday evening. It was at 7pm, before it gets too crowded. We enjoyed the food, however, the service was poor. The waitress wasn't welcoming or friendly at all. She seemed irritated with any question, although we had few. Not a great experience for someone who was so excited to be there. I was a little embarrassed. In any case, the food was great and drinks were good. I just wish they'd up their service standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceMsQueenB318Dined on 4/12/2014We arrived on Saturday, April 12 late for our reservation due to time change; coming from Louisiana forgot about hour difference. Even after arriving almost a hour late, the hostess and manager was very accommodating. We were still seated, everyone was very friendly, and the waitress provided wonderful recommendations. When in Atlanta again, will definitely return and tell all my friends and family. Oh and loved the valet parking, definitely gave him a tip!Special Features:
- This was my first time attezzie1982Dined on 3/28/2014This was my first time at BarOne and definitely wont be my last. It will be my new pre-club spot. Great spot !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar one is awesome...traceDined on 3/28/2014I went with friends to celebrate my birthday..the food was very good and our waitress was great.the band gritz and jelly butter sounded great!.I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- I will returnelijahDined on 3/28/2014I have to say I was there with a party of 6. We were on a mini vacay from NJ and had an amazing time.Special Features:
- Bar or Club?Joc1217Dined on 3/22/2014We reserved seats for dining online and didn't know that it was a 2hr. maximum for seating. I guess my problem was that it was in the bar area so when we got done eating we were having drinks and listening to the music and then we were asked to get up and had to stand so they could accommodate other guest. They should've let us know about the seating so we could have maybe sat at the bar to begin with...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wishTisiaDined on 3/22/2014My date arrive to the restaurant to complimentary valet, which was great. We walk in and the music and vibe was right. Very cool laid back restaurant. This where it gets bad. We was there for 20 minutes before anyone acknowledge that we was there. Then after we got acknowledge, we waited additional 15 for a waitress! The waitress beg us to but No!Special Features:
- Nice, Cool, and JazzylovegreatfoodDined on 3/15/2014A few freinds and I visited Atlanta from Houston, TX. It was imperative that we tried out Bar One since its well known. The staff was friendly and attentive. The ambiance was cool and jazzy. And the furniture is modern and sleek.The food was really tasty. Its a great restaurant to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.