8171 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chateaumarmont.com/barmarmont.php
- Phone: (323) 650-0575
- Hours of Operation:
Kitchen closes at 1am nightly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Carolynn Spence
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live DJs nightly from 10pm-2am
- Special Events: For information and pricing on special events and private parties please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Bar Marmont
Executive Chef Carolynn Spence has conceived of a hearty menu with European influences. With a focus on a balanced palate, fresh local produce and simplistic, flavorful share plates, this dining experience is gastronomic delight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bar Marmont - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Bar Marmont reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (7)special occasion (6)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)Show More
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Food was mediocre at best, service was very good and friendly, valet price is insulting, atmosphere was fair, been here once before, returned per out of town guest's request, would never go again. Los Angeles has too many other places to offer for the price.Special Features:
- Great Hollywood barsydbrooDined on 9/11/2014A wonderful late-night place, great service and food, although wine is overpriced especially in comparison with France. I recommend the smoked salmon in crispy potato crust, and the cheese plate, they are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for drinks onlyGlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was mediocre at best. Nothing tasted good and basically was a waste in every sense. My salad was a bed of uncut romaine lettuce leafs with few slices of avocado on the bottom, it was like a bad joke. The calamari tasted really nasty too. Don't bother ordering food just stick to drinks here only.Special Features:
- Great ambienceGemstone333Dined on 8/21/2014I came here with a friend to celebrate my birthday. Our server was very knowledgable and helpful with all of our selections. She was present, but not overbearing. The side dishes were great (but pricey), and the wine was sensational. I had a Gazpacho w/ 4 shrimp, plus some fries, and my friend had oysters plus a carrot pancake special, which she said was excellent. Per its reputation, Bar Marmont is a high-end experience for those looking for a good time. The space is intimate and very chill. We made reservations, and were able to take our time and enjoy the evening. The main bar was pretty packed for a Thursday night. I recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillyDined on 8/6/2014A bit disappointing that the oxtail bruschetta is no longer on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014This is a very cool place to be, they have really good music playing with a live Dj. The ambiance is pretty cool as well the people that goes. I'd come here again definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGmamafitnessDined on 7/20/2014Visiting LA with my girlfriends. We decided on a nice dinner at Bar Marmont. It was outstanding. The service was great. Our waitress was very helpful and had great suggestions. Overall it was a nice evening out. Nice place to spot some stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Marmont Food is CreativePhillyRodVIPDined on 7/3/2014On a recent LA visit we sampled some great food in WeHo, and bar Marmont was one of the highlights. Food was creative, my wife had a savory tomato tart, and I had the smoked trout appetizer on potato. Both were delicious. The main course was equally as good. My wife had the fettuccini in a lamb bolgonese. Service was acceptable, and the ambiance was memorable. The bar has a rich history, and it was great to experience the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantAmyJVIPDined on 7/2/2014Very nice atmosphere and great service. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- MMmtlDined on 6/28/2014The service was great and the food was delicious! I will definitely come back the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a lookKatinnoosaDined on 6/22/2014Interesting bar with nice food, a bit overrated and make sure you have plenty of cash!Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Bar Marmont reviews archive.
- LOVE BAR MARMONTLUV2EATVIPDined on 5/23/2014Always a pleasure to dine at this place. Ambiance is Gorgeous!!!Special Features:
- Always a fun bar sceneFoodguruVIPDined on 5/5/2014Love this place. Drinks and service are impeccable. Get a booth back in the cubby. Fun and cool vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic CelebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I had good reason to celebrate, and Bar Marmont has figured into some of our past celebrations. Good for a quiet, romantic celebration, with an understated but eloquent atmosphere. The drinks are made with a generous pour, and they know how to make a gin martini without ruining it. Best bets on the menu are bar snakes, appetizers and small plates. Skip the hanger steak - a good cut of meat, but very little of it with a cloying sauce. If you want a sit-down dinner, better to go to the dinning area in the hotel. For lunch, perhaps by the pool at the hotel. However, for an evening of celebration, the bar is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experiencebadchateauDined on 4/17/2014We had a hostess and waitress who were not friendly.We were seated in the very back corner at a wobbly table.We are not from California and this was a once in a lifetime trip.We were asked if we wanted water ,when we said yes we were asked if we wanted pellegrino.We said yes , we enjoyed it, but would not have ordered it at $8 a bottle.We then did like anything that was on the menu for appetizers as that was what we were there for at 10:30 at night.We ordered a spicy chicken wing.You could smell it all the way to the table.It tasted disgusting.We had two both had a specialty drink.I liked mine my daughter didn't like hers.So for $50 I got a bottle of Pelligrino, one drink,lousy service,lousy food and a true ONCE in alifetime experience.
- Before the night begins...Dg524Dined on 4/16/2014Love this place. It is a great starter before heading out into a night of fun. Small plates served with great drinks, while the indie alternative is playing in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an awesome experience.FoodguruVIPDined on 4/10/2014Great choice for cocktails and conversation. The cubby in the back by the bar is th way to go if you get a reservation. They had a great DJ too. Cool Hollywood vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to have a drinkrom74Dined on 4/1/2014Good light foodm good cocktails and very nice ambience.Special Features:
- Rarely do I give 5 stars butCraigVIPDined on 1/17/2014Rarely do I give 5 stars but this place deserves it. The service was top notch. Our server Natasha was friendly, helpful, and attentive. The food was tasty, inventive, and served promptly. The cocktail list aimed high--with a mix of old school offerings and new recipes--but it delivered. I tried the Millionaire and Ginger Rogers and both were great. The play has a energetic vibe and a nice Old Hollywood feel. I had drinks here years ago but would now recommend the place as a restaurant as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food to Share!Julie3539VIPDined on 1/17/2014My sister and I dined here on a Friday night and we had heard good things. We were not disappointed!! Our waitress was extremely attentive and gave us some great recommendations: the trout croquettes are a must! Everything was incredibly delicious and was perfect to share. We also ended the meal with the chocolate and dolce de leche pudding, it was amazing! I would definitely come back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only for the nameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2014We went because of an article in the NYT, it wasn't worth it. Wouldn't go back for dinner only drinks. Service was poor, food average, ambiance lacking, and table wobbling. The waitress did however know what was gluten free, which was nice. Overall: MEhh
- Nice evening in HollywoodPandaFarm7778Dined on 12/21/2013The restaurant at Bar Marmont was a charming experience. It was not the best food we ate in LA, as the food was slightly underseasoned & a bit underwhelming in flavour. I started with the bufala mozarella & had 'Duck In A Hole', which was confit of duck on brioche with gravy & a fried egg. One of the male servers actually stepped on my boyfriend's toes while serving our food. Just an unfortunate clumsy moment. For a quick bite to eat before going out dancing, I'd go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER AT BAR MARMONTRichieDined on 10/17/2013Happy to recommend but my wife and I were seated in a very dark corner and also very close to another couple in what some might regard as romantic while others (me included) found it so dark that it was virtually impossible to read the menu - in fact the couple sitting close to us actually found it necessary to use the light from their phone. The place certainly has plenty of character and ambiance but is not somewhere we would rush back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indifferent service. OK food.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/30/2013A disappointment at prices not justified by service or food.
- Legendary venue w/ legendary svcgryphnDined on 7/2/2013This venue has long been on my go-to bucket list and it didn't disappoint. The bar menu is limited compared to the restaurant but it offers some charming small plates and great share platters. From the butterflies on the ceiling to the pounding DJ music after dark, Bar Marmont has an unbeatable and decadent charm. I recommend the mac n' cheese for its yummy creaminess and the refreshing Pimm's Cup for exactly what you need exactly when you need it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster Monday SCORE!KateDined on 7/1/2013I just went this past Monday for Oyster Monday. It was really good and for such a great deal, oysters for $1.25 and shrimp for $0.60. It was a major score my boyfriend and I had a great time.Special Features:
- Perfect Bar SceneSouthernBelle517Dined on 6/13/2013If you are looking to take in the bar scene and enjoy some great food, Bar Marmont is it! We were in Cali vacationing and celebrating our first wedding anniversary. The staff even congratulated on our anniversary upon arrival and reserved a perfect table so we could take in the whole atmosphere. I would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:
- Mmmmm mmmm - Marmont!VCFoodieDined on 5/24/2013Always wanted to go here and it was everything I imagined it would be - a perfectly lovely night out :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe, great fooddevaivanDined on 5/6/2013The deco is great , lots of history . Food very good ( best oysters i ever had ) Perfect service. Will be back for sure !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not go here!!VacationerDined on 4/25/2013Do not go to this establishment. It is not connected to the Chateau Marmont and the service was terrible. We waited for 20 minutes for a server to come to out table and when she did, she was rude with an attitude of we should feel lucky for being there. We also waited another 15 minutes for our check. In addition, the ambiance is less than desired and the food and drinks are overpriced and not worth your time.