729 E. Hector Street
Conshohocken, PA 19428Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barluccarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6108252700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm- 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm- 11:00pm.
Sunday 4:30pm- 10:00pm
**Apps/Salads/Pizzas offered all day, everyday!
Bar open from 5:00pm-2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Will Langlois
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bar Lucca
A brand new Rustic Italian restaurant with a Mediterranean influence located in Conshohocken.Continued
For parties larger than 8, please call the restaurant.
For parties larger than 8, please call the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bar Lucca - Best Restaurants in Conshohocken ›
Bar Lucca reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (59)great for outdoor dining (37)hot spot (26)notable wine list (25)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (19)special occasion (13)great for lunch (12)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Bar Lucca was the definition of what affordable fine dining should be. From appetizers through entrees, the meal was perfect. Small portions, but that was to be expected at a restaurant of its quality. Our party of four left feeling satisfied, as after wine, two appetizers and four entrees, the bill was under $120. It just can't be beat. Bar Lucca has clearly set the tone for what emerging restaurants looking to open/expand into Conshohocken can achieve. Compliments to the chef and staff, as it truly was a fantastic evening all around. If you're in Conshohocken and only have time to make it to one restaurant, make sure it's Bar Lucca.Special Features:
- portionsMBMBDined on 10/16/2014For the price the portion very small. Ordered dinner and came with a teaspoon of potatoes. DisappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit too loud for mecakkpkDined on 10/15/2014Solid food, great service but very loud between the acoustics and the music and music level they have chosen to play. A good place for a group of 4 but not sure I would go with a larger group due to size of place/table configuration and inability to have a conversation. That said, the food was very good and our waitress was fantastic.Special Features:
- OutstandingSteveSDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We shared several dishes over three courses and they were all great. We are pizza snobs, always looking for great pizza. We were not disappointed! Hoping to sit at the pizza bar next time. Our server, Ryan, was attentive and accommodating. She helped make our experience very special. Highly recommend Bar Lucca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now Offering Thin Crust Pizza!LGottDined on 10/9/2014I continue to return to Bar Lucca because the food is fantastic! I love to go there especially for their pizzas because they are delicious, creative and consistent. My most recent visit did not disappoint. Although I did not get a chance to try the thin crust and instead opted for the traditional I am looking forward to getting one on my next visit. The atmosphere is great and I will continue to return. The noise level at times can be very loud, so just go prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit different & a cut aboveCrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 10/6/2014Bar Lucca's not your father's Italian restaurant (unless he grew up in Tuscany). There are few places in our region (maybe none) with this mix of authentic Italian offerings prepared so well, presented so nicely, & done so consistently from visit to visit. I think about the smelts far more often than I should through the week, so they had to be first to table. No, I really didn't need the burrata - it's just soooo good (& I had takers for 2 of the 4 chunks). Did we really need the pizza? No - but I needed a palate cleanser before pappardelle with wild boar ragu. The aglianico & a super Tuscan on the list were both fine picks & wonderful with this food. All in our party left happy, satisfied, & ready to do it again very soon. Favoloso!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potentially good but not this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014I selected Bar Lucca based on various positive reviews. Our table reserved for 7 was not ready until 7:30. Service seemed a bit lost and uninformed. Noise level was too high for easy conversation. Food was tasty, but the inclusion of hot chilies in the salad made it close to inedible. The wine was good, pasta portions small. Good potential, but definitely work left to do here!
- FoodieDined on 9/27/2014We have been to Bar Lucca a number of times but on this ocasssion they were off the mark. The duck was very rare and the Octopus was very chewy. In my opinion all dessert menu's should include soemthing chocolate. Nutella is good but chocolate is better.Special Features:
- A Bit Disappointed this Time 'Roundmermax127VIPDined on 9/27/2014We took friends here this past Saturday evening. I have eaten here several times now, always liked it, but, the food seemed a bit "off" this time. Pizza was somewhat undercooked (we got the Arrosto) The octopus was good but the portion size was smaller then usual, Nothing stood out this time... Oh well, maybe they were having a bad night... I thinlk we'll wait a while before we return....sad to say :(
- Great SpotCommuterDined on 9/27/2014We booked on Open Table that afternoon for our group of 7, which included three teenagers. We were not aware that the menu is meant to 'share' but we embraced the concept and it was fun, especially for the teens, to pass all of our dishes around and sample everything. All of the dishes we had were delicious, and having the items brought to the table as they were prepared, rather than waiting, made for a nice stream of things to eat with no real wait. Only issue was that the noise level was high as the night went on. The grandparents in our group had a tough time with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalDined on 9/26/2014We were there for the first time and would go back. Waitress was attentive but not rushing us. Food was great but we need to order a bit less. Upstairs is quiet enough so you can have a conversation.Special Features:
- Odd Location but Great Little FindHSteinDined on 9/26/2014Bar scene downstairs was hopping. Got seated upstairs which was very quiet but quickly filled up with patrons w/in a few minutes. Menu is small for a place that suggests sharing 5 plates b/w 2 people but food is good. Ordered a salad w/ prosciutto, arugula, goat cheese & tasty dressing. Also split a thin crust pizza. Salad was delicious & decently sized. Waitress said pizza was small but it was fine for us (though it reminded me more of a flat bread). Been told their thicker crust pizza is better, not as oily, so I suggest trying that instead. Total cost was $14.00 each - very cheap. Had we drank, I'm sure that would have doubled as the wine prices were a little steep. I do suggest this place for its atmosphere, service and tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Interesting menu selections with great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Htown10Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent service, great wine list and fabulous food. Easily one, if the not the best, restaurants in the suburbs.Special Features:
- PASQVIPDined on 9/19/2014We haven't been to this restaurant since it changed hands. What a great surprise! The food was delicious, including the bread (we are used to South Philly Italian bread, so are not easy to please) and desserts. It was Restaurant Week, so got the specials and shared. Fantastic. The Pizza also looked good, and we enjoyed watching the chefs in the open kitchen. Our wait staff was extremely attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We will definitely be back, and probably with the whole gang for Sunday Dinner.Special Features:
- Great conshy spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Great food, great staff. The bartenders were both great. Original and tasty martini options. Good sized portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!JWagDined on 9/18/2014We went for restaurant week and I must say, everything we got was nothing short of excellent! The staff is friendly and accommodating. The overall ambiance of the place is very cool too. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Loved it!aliciaDined on 9/17/2014We went to Bar Lucca during Conshy restaurant week & were thoroughly impressed! Great service, perfect hearty portions & delicious food!! Definitely will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotAlexGDined on 9/16/2014Bar Lucca is always a good spot. I have been there previously for lunch to eat then for drinks after work but this was my first dinner. Bar Lucca did not disappoint. Great atmosphere and food.Special Features:
- good neighborhood spotFoodLoverDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went to Bar Lucca on short notice and really enjoyed our evening--restaurant is very good looking inside and out, noise level was a little higher than we'd like but was manageable, service was very attentive/enthusiastic, reasonable prices--food was good but appetizer/early course portions were much larger than described/expected, so we ended up ordering more food than we needed/wanted--food was also saltier than we'd like and are used to, pretty much across the board--minor complaints though, as we enjoyed the restaurant and would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food in noisy settingalpinegardenDined on 9/4/2014While the food serve here is very tasty and very well prepared (and not the standard items), the noise level inside makes the overall experience less than stellar. We were there on a Thursday and by the time we left the crowd - and noise level - had diminished, so timing your visit would help. Noise level is easy to fix, so we'll hope that BL handles it so we can return.... soon.Special Features:
- NottocookVIPDined on 9/3/2014Nice fresh food, professional consistent staff, and ambiance current and relaxed. Outdoor dining in good weather is wonderful. Restaurant is a little noisier when everyone moves inside during colder months. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Very goodMBMBDined on 8/31/2014We will be back for dinner, we just found it by driving by for brunchSpecial Features:
- Great food & a forgiveable error...CrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 8/29/2014We love Bar Luca, making this review hard to write. We arrived well before our reservation to have a drink at the bar, asked if we could have a table open to the outside to enjoy the gorgeous evening, & were told we had the 2-top at the open doors in the main room. The table is in a tiny alcove closed in by walls on 3 sides, so space was limited for our chairs & one side was against a wall. As we began our meal, they turned the 4-top next to us into a 6 by adding another table, narrowing the space through which the staff had to pass us to a bit over a foot. Bad move - we should have left. Food, wine & service remain great but they compromised 2 parties to fill 2 more seats. Comping a drink won't redeem bad judgment. Enjoy, but be vigilant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable mealUncleBVIPDined on 8/26/2014Had a great meal w friends I haven't seen in awhile. It was their first time (not ours) and they loved it. We ordered waves of food and to be honest everything was delicious. I would say the fennel salad was the only "ok" item, but it seemed high quality, just not sure fennel is my thing. Pizza was outstanding, bucatini was also a standout. Bonus was sitting next to Chase Utley and his wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new addition to an old sceneCrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 8/23/2014Conshohocken's spawned a vibrant restaurant scene w/ a few standouts that hold their own against the downtowners. We have a couple of long time favorites & want them to stay open, so we don't hop from place to place & hadn't tried Bar Lucca. But friends asked us to meet them there, so we gave it a try...and are we glad we did! Nice little bar w/ a few excellent spirits of each type, plenty of room around the tables, very nice people, & really great Italian food - not American Italian, just Italian! Burrata, grilled octopus, fried smelts (BIG ones, done just right & rarely found in US restaurants), excellent pizza, amazing pasta dishes & well chosen, very fairly priced wines (eg an excellent $45 aglianico). It's another winner for Conshy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor DinnerLsuexplrDined on 8/22/2014Got to sit outside, perfect weather. They even offered to turn on the heat lamps (we declined). Server was newer, but was very attentive and took great care of us. As always, we will be back. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dishes to sharemainlinemamaVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had the clams, marguerita pizza and veal risotto plus a bottle of chianti. Clams good as always. Pizza a little soggy on the bottom but the flavored were great as usual. The veal was new for us, nice and earthy, veal very tender but some fat and husband had some allergy stuff four hours later so possibly some MSG in the tenderizer for the veal? Could still use some sound mitigating wall treatments..., easy to hear crazy lady two tables over. We will be back for the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for sharingplateofhonesttruthDined on 8/16/2014Bar Lucca is a nice place for it being in the space that it is. Having not known what the restaurant provided from looking at the web site, we found out it was more of a tapas place, which wasn't bad. However, I was personally hoping for single serving dishes. Pretty tasty grub though and the pizzas are good.Special Features:
- Upstairs at Bar LuccapatsyannDined on 8/15/20142nd floor dining was really the way to go for us that evening. We wanted to be able to converse with the other 2 couples and that was very possible on the 2nd floor. The food was nothing short of fantastic. Everything that we ordered was top notch. The gnocchi dish was to die for and the fettucine has always been our favorite. We ordered quite a bit of food and all of us tried everything. We started with salad-farro and another whose name is escaping me, but they were delicious and plenty to go around the table. I can honestly say that this is one of my favorites-it was the fifth or sixth time I have gone there.Special Features:
- "BAR" NONE!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2014Fresh ingredients and inventive cuisine made this a place to come back to again and again! Had the most delicious caprese sandwich -- and the kale Caesar is pretty much "die for" food.Special Features:
- Fun night out!foodfunfamilyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a great time on a summer Saturday night. The one wall was open to the outside so it was like dining outside. The drinks were good, the waiters were attentive, and the food was outstanding. We had the arugula and prosciutto pizza, the charred octopus salad, and my favorite was the sea bass. We had other selections as well and they were very good. I am looking forward to going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarLucca-a fun night&terrific foodMikeDined on 8/1/2014Oustanding small plates, with a real taste of Italy!! I loved the fun wine specials, great martinis, and a jumping neighborhood vibe. Their brick-oven pizzas are thin crust creative masterpieces!!! Pasta and seafood dishes were also terrific...don't miss Bar Lucca while you can still get in... MikeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT place!CleanFoodieDined on 8/1/2014The cocktails and food were incredible-best place I've been to in a while! Service was great as well-the waitress was very attentive and personable and I felt like she really wanted us to have a pleasant experience. She also knew a lot about the cocktail and food menu.Special Features:
- Great ExpeirenceDeadshotDined on 7/30/2014It was my first time dining at Bar Lucca and will not be my last. We went on a beautiful evening, although we id not get to sit outside because of the wait; we did get to sit right on a high-top by the windows. The food is meant to be shared which was perfect for my girlfriend and I. We started with the meatballs which were perfect. Also the waiter was very friendly and knew the menu inside and out. We took his recommendation on the pizza which was also great. Prices were reasonable too.Special Features:
- Bar LuccaHellosusie2501Dined on 7/29/2014We really enjoyed ."the scene" at Bar Lucca. Hopping place, lots of bar action. Good food. Nice job, Brian Pieri!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great!KellyDined on 7/23/2014I really like the food and atmosphere here. The dishes are small, but are meant to be that way. They always have different options/combinations than you would normally see.Special Features:
- Small bites well doneJKRafDined on 7/18/2014Energetic crowd made up of mostly 25-40 year olds. Casual dress goes in this nicely designed space. Outside dining on a first come; first serve basis. Downstairs dining is loud; upstairs dining definitely quieter. Food was creatively prepared and nicely presented. Pricing reflects size of portions. The branzino was particularly good. Pork belly special was nicely cooked, but lacked any distinct flavor. Nutella doughnuts are to die for. Will definitely go back. By the way, there is a parking lot, but finding spaces in prime time is tough.Special Features:
- Great PlacePsychoDocDined on 7/18/2014This is a great restaurant with an excellent menu. They have specials each week. We have been here a few times and each time have been pleasantly surprised with menu changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect nightvegasvisitDined on 7/17/2014Beautiful night. Ate outside with friends. Everyone was very friendly. Enjoyed all of the food (we ordered tapas style). Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.