729 E. Hector Street
Conshohocken, PA 19428Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barluccarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (610) 825-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm- 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm- 11:00pm.
Sunday 4:30pm- 10:00pm
**Apps/Salads/Pizzas offered all day, everyday!
Bar open from 5:00pm-2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Will Langlois
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bar Lucca
A brand new Rustic Italian restaurant with a Mediterranean influence located in Conshohocken.Continued
For parties larger than 8, please call the restaurant.
For parties larger than 8, please call the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bar Lucca - Best Restaurants in Conshohocken ›
Bar Lucca reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (85)fit for foodies (70)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (36)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (29)notable wine list (27)romantic (22)special occasion (19)great for lunch (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great late nite happeningjimpatDined on 11/16/2014Took a chance on later evening dining, was great. Food hot, service very hospitable. Nice menu, unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzyDined on 11/15/2014The food was delicious, the service was great, but it was VERY noisy on Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianYodiVIPDined on 11/14/2014Loved it. Food was delicious. Don't order too much otherwise you will be taking it Home. Service was a bit slow but they were trying and extremely friendly. Pizzas are worthy of trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceMaddyVIPDined on 11/6/2014When I went there te restaurant was pretty empty yet nobody greeted us at the table. There were about six people circling but we got no help. Besides service this place is pretty good. The food and drinks were good. It was just not quite the experience I was looking for. I would return to give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs TastingUncleBVIPDined on 11/3/2014Had the chefs tasting menu and it was tremendous. Highly recommend as you sit and feast as waves of food come out and you just relax as delicious items show up at the table. Very fun way to dine. Bronzino, clams and thick spaghetti type spicy pasta were the standouts.. Great good looking place. Continues to battle Blackfish as best food in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/30/2014They are celebrating their first anniversary since the opening. So we went to enjoy their new anniversary menu. I had the torellini Lucchuce? loved it. The malbec wine that my husband selected was smooth andwe enjoyed drinking it. I got my favorite salad which is now coming out on a board Smelt salad Loved as usual. My husband had the meat board and the Gnocchi. He enjoyed eating both. I must say our waitress ,Colleen, was excellent; they had a group in the next room and she managed to be available to them , us and another table.Special Features:
- First time at Bar LuccaBobS811Dined on 10/27/2014Excellent first time, heard about the food, enjoy small plate places, meatball appy was delicious, salads are fresh and tasty, mostly fish ordered, bass and bronzino, with fresh veggies. Service is perfect, noisy with only a few tables seated, had a group and needed to shout, (raising the noise level) but quality of food made up for any shortcomings. Great drinks and nice moderately priced wine list.Special Features:
- The food is not worth the priceJessinconshyDined on 10/27/2014This place was my favorite until they replaced their entire staff. Meats are either over or under cooked ALWAYS. The last 4 times I've been, I've had to send food back. It never comes back nearly as good as the last chef and I have a huge bill to pay! In short the food here used to be worth the price and now I wouldn't eat it for free.Special Features:
- Nice spot for casual night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Bar Lucca is a nice neighborhood spot, ideal for getting together with a group of friends. Our server advised us to share and order 5 plates per 2 people, but we ended up ordering 7 plates for 5 people, and it was more than enough food. We ordered the sirloin, prosciutto pizza, wild boar ragu, pesto pasta, burrata bruscetta, fennel salad and one thin crust pizza. All the food was very good, but the burrata bruscetta and the sirloin were standouts. The service was a little slow, and I would say that they were understaffed for a Saturday night. The server apologized for the slow service, but I thought she could have tried more to make up for the initial slow service when we were first seated. All in all, I recommend Bar Lucca.Special Features:
- A Conshy gemPhillyfoodieDined on 10/25/2014Hands down one of the best restaurants in and around Conshy! The food, flavors and real Italian ingredients make the dining experience top notch.Special Features:
- Excellent food!fatherstevepDined on 10/25/2014The food was outstanding, however the service was a bit slow. We saw our server several times talking with other servers when we needed more beverages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014What a hidden little gem tucked away in an area of Conshy that their clientele typically doesn't go to. We saw that this restaurant had won Best New Restaurant in Main Line Times, so we wanted to try it. Expectations were low, but got knocked out of the water! The food was really delicious--basically updated versions of traditional Italian meals, if I could personify the trip in one sentence. Wait staff was knowledgable and fairly attentive. The second floor did seem to empty by 8:30. Other than that, solid wine selections, great meatballs, the sea bass was incredible, and the ragout pasta was ridiculous. We didn't even try the pizzas and they are supposed to be the best thing!Special Features:
- The best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Bar Lucca was the definition of what affordable fine dining should be. From appetizers through entrees, the meal was perfect. Small portions, but that was to be expected at a restaurant of its quality. Our party of four left feeling satisfied, as after wine, two appetizers and four entrees, the bill was under $120. It just can't be beat. Bar Lucca has clearly set the tone for what emerging restaurants looking to open/expand into Conshohocken can achieve. Compliments to the chef and staff, as it truly was a fantastic evening all around. If you're in Conshohocken and only have time to make it to one restaurant, make sure it's Bar Lucca.Special Features:
- portionsMBMBDined on 10/16/2014For the price the portion very small. Ordered dinner and came with a teaspoon of potatoes. DisappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit too loud for mecakkpkDined on 10/15/2014Solid food, great service but very loud between the acoustics and the music and music level they have chosen to play. A good place for a group of 4 but not sure I would go with a larger group due to size of place/table configuration and inability to have a conversation. That said, the food was very good and our waitress was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food !!ReturnedDined on 10/12/2014Every year my Italian husband's siblings and their spouses get together for dinner when everyone is in town Bar Luca was great. Traditional Italian foods that were prepared like home made. The portions were just the right size . Everthing was hot when it arrived and everyone was served at the same time. The fish dishes were excellant. Can't wait to back! http://www.opentable.com/feedback/dff.aspx?re=vDuSpHBkwAlmSnARQDkjpA%253d%253d&cmpid=em_trigger_dff_regSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSteveSDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We shared several dishes over three courses and they were all great. We are pizza snobs, always looking for great pizza. We were not disappointed! Hoping to sit at the pizza bar next time. Our server, Ryan, was attentive and accommodating. She helped make our experience very special. Highly recommend Bar Lucca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now Offering Thin Crust Pizza!LGottDined on 10/9/2014I continue to return to Bar Lucca because the food is fantastic! I love to go there especially for their pizzas because they are delicious, creative and consistent. My most recent visit did not disappoint. Although I did not get a chance to try the thin crust and instead opted for the traditional I am looking forward to getting one on my next visit. The atmosphere is great and I will continue to return. The noise level at times can be very loud, so just go prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit different & a cut aboveCrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 10/6/2014Bar Lucca's not your father's Italian restaurant (unless he grew up in Tuscany). There are few places in our region (maybe none) with this mix of authentic Italian offerings prepared so well, presented so nicely, & done so consistently from visit to visit. I think about the smelts far more often than I should through the week, so they had to be first to table. No, I really didn't need the burrata - it's just soooo good (& I had takers for 2 of the 4 chunks). Did we really need the pizza? No - but I needed a palate cleanser before pappardelle with wild boar ragu. The aglianico & a super Tuscan on the list were both fine picks & wonderful with this food. All in our party left happy, satisfied, & ready to do it again very soon. Favoloso!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hideaway restaurantJillBVIPDined on 10/4/2014I most enjoyed the cozy, tucked away from the crowds feeling of this restaurant. The lighting is lovely and low and the rooms small and comfortable. The menu wasn't ideal for my picky teenage son but we made do. The menu isn't huge but everything was tasty. They were a bit stingy with the bread, not bringing enough for each member of our party.Special Features:
- Potentially good but not this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2014I selected Bar Lucca based on various positive reviews. Our table reserved for 7 was not ready until 7:30. Service seemed a bit lost and uninformed. Noise level was too high for easy conversation. Food was tasty, but the inclusion of hot chilies in the salad made it close to inedible. The wine was good, pasta portions small. Good potential, but definitely work left to do here!
- FoodieDined on 9/27/2014We have been to Bar Lucca a number of times but on this ocasssion they were off the mark. The duck was very rare and the Octopus was very chewy. In my opinion all dessert menu's should include soemthing chocolate. Nutella is good but chocolate is better.Special Features:
- A Bit Disappointed this Time 'Roundmermax127VIPDined on 9/27/2014We took friends here this past Saturday evening. I have eaten here several times now, always liked it, but, the food seemed a bit "off" this time. Pizza was somewhat undercooked (we got the Arrosto) The octopus was good but the portion size was smaller then usual, Nothing stood out this time... Oh well, maybe they were having a bad night... I thinlk we'll wait a while before we return....sad to say :(
- Great SpotCommuterDined on 9/27/2014We booked on Open Table that afternoon for our group of 7, which included three teenagers. We were not aware that the menu is meant to 'share' but we embraced the concept and it was fun, especially for the teens, to pass all of our dishes around and sample everything. All of the dishes we had were delicious, and having the items brought to the table as they were prepared, rather than waiting, made for a nice stream of things to eat with no real wait. Only issue was that the noise level was high as the night went on. The grandparents in our group had a tough time with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalDined on 9/26/2014We were there for the first time and would go back. Waitress was attentive but not rushing us. Food was great but we need to order a bit less. Upstairs is quiet enough so you can have a conversation.Special Features:
- Odd Location but Great Little FindHSteinDined on 9/26/2014Bar scene downstairs was hopping. Got seated upstairs which was very quiet but quickly filled up with patrons w/in a few minutes. Menu is small for a place that suggests sharing 5 plates b/w 2 people but food is good. Ordered a salad w/ prosciutto, arugula, goat cheese & tasty dressing. Also split a thin crust pizza. Salad was delicious & decently sized. Waitress said pizza was small but it was fine for us (though it reminded me more of a flat bread). Been told their thicker crust pizza is better, not as oily, so I suggest trying that instead. Total cost was $14.00 each - very cheap. Had we drank, I'm sure that would have doubled as the wine prices were a little steep. I do suggest this place for its atmosphere, service and tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Interesting menu selections with great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Htown10Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent service, great wine list and fabulous food. Easily one, if the not the best, restaurants in the suburbs.Special Features:
- PASQVIPDined on 9/19/2014We haven't been to this restaurant since it changed hands. What a great surprise! The food was delicious, including the bread (we are used to South Philly Italian bread, so are not easy to please) and desserts. It was Restaurant Week, so got the specials and shared. Fantastic. The Pizza also looked good, and we enjoyed watching the chefs in the open kitchen. Our wait staff was extremely attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We will definitely be back, and probably with the whole gang for Sunday Dinner.Special Features:
- Great conshy spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Great food, great staff. The bartenders were both great. Original and tasty martini options. Good sized portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!JWagDined on 9/18/2014We went for restaurant week and I must say, everything we got was nothing short of excellent! The staff is friendly and accommodating. The overall ambiance of the place is very cool too. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Loved it!aliciaDined on 9/17/2014We went to Bar Lucca during Conshy restaurant week & were thoroughly impressed! Great service, perfect hearty portions & delicious food!! Definitely will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotAlexGDined on 9/16/2014Bar Lucca is always a good spot. I have been there previously for lunch to eat then for drinks after work but this was my first dinner. Bar Lucca did not disappoint. Great atmosphere and food.Special Features:
- good neighborhood spotFoodLoverDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went to Bar Lucca on short notice and really enjoyed our evening--restaurant is very good looking inside and out, noise level was a little higher than we'd like but was manageable, service was very attentive/enthusiastic, reasonable prices--food was good but appetizer/early course portions were much larger than described/expected, so we ended up ordering more food than we needed/wanted--food was also saltier than we'd like and are used to, pretty much across the board--minor complaints though, as we enjoyed the restaurant and would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to have in the areaWackierTigerVIPDined on 9/6/2014There aren't many restaurants in the Conshy area that I like to go to, but this newer place is one of them. It's a nice change from what it was. Most of the menu is small plates to share which is a nice change if you're in the mood for it. I'm not always. They have a nice bar and cocktails are very good. The bar seems to get very busy so adds to the noise level. We were there fairly early [6:00-7:00] so didn't get too bad before we left. I didn't get around to reviewing right away, so I've forgotten most of what we ate. I do remember a very good pizza though from their wood burning oven. I do remember liking everything we got.Special Features:
- Fine food in noisy settingalpinegardenDined on 9/4/2014While the food serve here is very tasty and very well prepared (and not the standard items), the noise level inside makes the overall experience less than stellar. We were there on a Thursday and by the time we left the crowd - and noise level - had diminished, so timing your visit would help. Noise level is easy to fix, so we'll hope that BL handles it so we can return.... soon.Special Features:
- NottocookVIPDined on 9/3/2014Nice fresh food, professional consistent staff, and ambiance current and relaxed. Outdoor dining in good weather is wonderful. Restaurant is a little noisier when everyone moves inside during colder months. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Very goodMBMBDined on 8/31/2014We will be back for dinner, we just found it by driving by for brunchSpecial Features:
- Great food & a forgiveable error...CrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 8/29/2014We love Bar Luca, making this review hard to write. We arrived well before our reservation to have a drink at the bar, asked if we could have a table open to the outside to enjoy the gorgeous evening, & were told we had the 2-top at the open doors in the main room. The table is in a tiny alcove closed in by walls on 3 sides, so space was limited for our chairs & one side was against a wall. As we began our meal, they turned the 4-top next to us into a 6 by adding another table, narrowing the space through which the staff had to pass us to a bit over a foot. Bad move - we should have left. Food, wine & service remain great but they compromised 2 parties to fill 2 more seats. Comping a drink won't redeem bad judgment. Enjoy, but be vigilant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable mealUncleBVIPDined on 8/26/2014Had a great meal w friends I haven't seen in awhile. It was their first time (not ours) and they loved it. We ordered waves of food and to be honest everything was delicious. I would say the fennel salad was the only "ok" item, but it seemed high quality, just not sure fennel is my thing. Pizza was outstanding, bucatini was also a standout. Bonus was sitting next to Chase Utley and his wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.