Bar Louie - Uptown
1348 Lagoon Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bar Louie - Uptown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://barlouieamerica.com/
- Phone: 6128241529x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for catering details
- Special Events: For large parties of 8 or more and any special events such as holiday parties, company/business meetings/events, charity events, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsal dinners, or any celebrations please contact Ivette, 612-749-5916
A word from Bar Louie - Uptown
LOUIE'S STORY:Bar Louie is an eclectic urban bar with warm surroundings, filled with nightlife photography, hand-laid tile artwork and other local architectural touches. Made famous for our handcrafted signature martinis, we also feature an exceptional selection of uniquely presented American food traditionally and regionally inspired, including small plates, burgers and sandwiches. While beer and wine connoisseurs will be impressed with our extensive selection of imports, microbrews and over 20 wines by the glass, cocktail drinkers will revel in signature martinis, mojitos and margaritas made from the highest quality ingredients, fresh fruit and hand squeezed juices.We are dedicated to always remaining a local bar that delivers unforgettable experiences to every guest. Whether gathering with friends or unwinding with a cocktail, Bar Louie guests have come to expect the remarkable service and reliable experiences from us that keep them coming back over and over again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bar Louie - Uptown - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Bar Louie - Uptown reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (11)hot spot (11)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great, fun place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Bar Louie is a great place to eat, meet with friends or family and enjoy the tasty food and excellent service. The food was a little on the pricy side for what you get although we were in a big group and split the bill so the drinks may be skewing my view of the pricing. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014The food was very good. The only issue I had was there were not many people in the restaurant at the time I went, however, the noise really carried so it was quite loud.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceluv2dineVIPDined on 8/30/2014I sat at the bar and had a burger and fries. The bartender/server was friendly and attentive; he was good about providing soft drink refills without being asked. Food was fresh and tasty, I hope to return soon!Special Features:
- Noise LevelliketodinemplsDined on 8/8/2014Great place, but the noise level (music) was too loud. We were having a hard time hearing our waitress and she was having a hard time hearing us. The music could have been lowered a notch or two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-concert dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We sat outside and enjoyed good food and drinks and outstanding service. Was great spot to get together with friends before our concert. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- washed outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Ordered the tortilla soup, had to send back. Tasted like chicken, vegetables heated with hot water no seasoning at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereLindsayLDined on 7/3/2014Had the Voodoo chicken, it was wonderful! Will come back just for this meal again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service I've Experienced EverSlankyVIPDined on 6/28/2014I normally don't leave a review, but in this case I'm making an exception. We show up and the host doesn't take my name off the OpenTable reservation list which I barely catch in time. Following that, we get seated, and it takes ten minutes for our server to show up. Finally she shows up and takes our drink orders - only to disappear for a full fifteen minutes. During that time I watch her chat it up with another table and flirt with a fellow server before finally making it to the bar for the drink order. The place is not full. Following that she finally brings food, doesn't even check on us until the food is gone and that includes drink and even refilling water. Second two-cent tip I've left in my life. We will not be returning - ever.Special Features:
- It was a terrible experienceLisaDined on 6/24/2014We were celebrating my son's 21 birthday. The service was terrible. 15 to 20 minute waits for ordering, long wait for food, long wait for check--even after requests. The waitress was crabby -- no smile. I asked to talk to the manager, our waitress was our manager and she told me "the service was just fine" and she was rude to me. Nothing special to honor my son--desert, drink or anything complementary.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour!JaylafDined on 6/13/2014The happy hour menu is amazing, and the outdoor seating is wonderful. Tons of room. The service was good, the bartender and waiter were always around. The food itself was awesome-I'd recommend their fries and flat breads!Special Features:
- nice touchBABSVIPDined on 6/11/2014good addition to the neighborhood I think its totally rediculous to ask me to write a review longer than I wish to write.Special Features:
- Great food with mediocre serviceRuthDined on 5/25/2014I'd chosen this as my birthday celebration with family, we are open to all kinds of experiences but this one was a mixed bag. When we arrived I asked if we could get seating on the patio and was told that OpenTable reservations aren't honored for the patio. Ok, fine. We were seated in the back of the restaurant and were the only people there. Nice, but it felt like we had been forgotten by the staff. We had great food, but it took forever to get our drinks and food.Special Features:
- Perfect RecoveryCJinMGVIPDined on 5/24/2014Coming from a place just around the corner with poor service, this place was amazing. I recommend the bruschetta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Bar Louie - Uptown reviews archive.
- Great BurgersMateVIPDined on 5/20/2014Great for Tuesday night $5.00 burgers! Best to be outside. Very noisy inside.Special Features:
- servicechristinaDined on 5/11/2014The service was great. Waitress was checking in frequently without being bothersome. Food was delish and very reasonable for the large portions. Tots are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayKGFoodieDined on 5/11/2014We had a terrific server and everyone loved their food, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchVickiDined on 5/11/2014First time there - we were there for Sunday Lunch, so not sure about the late-night scene. It was not busy, but had to raise my hand to get more coffee. Very nice waiter, but not real attentive. Very nice, but not checking on us enough. Why is it when restaurants are NOT busy, the service is worse? Food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is my favorite!DinnersmustseeDined on 4/25/2014This is one of my favorite bars in all in Minneapolis. It has great food, service and happy hour! Going on Thursday nights for their 5$ martini night is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerMissBerDined on 4/12/2014We could have had a better server. I had to flag him down 10 minute after we got our food so we could get some condiments. After that he never came back to see if we wanted anything else. We were going to stay and have a drink or two more but after being ignored for 45 minutes we got our check and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No excuseDwynsrDined on 4/11/2014I went here for a quick bite before hitting the clubs. If you go be very form about sitting downstairs. The person upstairs was always. Late. It took almost 10 mins to even ask if I wanted a Beer! Then another 10 to come back and tell me the beer that I ordered wasn't available. I ordered my food and it took a whopping 30 mins for it to arrive I was eating almost an hour after I arrived and my beer came 10 mins before my food. I left upset and disappointed. I topped the waiter cause I figured its hard enough. But I left a more snout the poor service on the receipt. There are a bunch of cool places next to this one. Find one of them. Good luck!
- Bring your outside voicesTJMNDined on 3/8/2014We came for an early Saturday dinner with friends (7:00). The booth was nice, service and food was very good, but the thumping background music was so loud that conversation (even among those in our booth) had to border on shouting. The large number of milling 20-somethings made it clear that this place caters to a party crowd later on, and the bar was obviously gearing up for that. The outside fire pits & seating looks amazing and we'll have to come back in warmer weather to check that out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, horrible service ShainaFINEDININGFANATICVIPDined on 2/21/2014Just don't get served by this server Shaina. She will forget what you ordered. Won't write it down. My friend ordered Margarita and couldn't eat the meat that came with it, instead of changing it, she just tells him to put it on the side. Also forgets our fries, had to tell her to get pizza twice. She hardly ever checked on us. The experience was terrible. Please make sure you don't get served by Shaina.
- 20-something pickup jointGermanishDined on 2/16/2014This place is miserable if you're looking for a place to eat. The food is so-so. The service is poor. The atmosphere is loud. The clientele is obnoxious and distracting.
- Great Date NighttraveldudeDined on 2/15/2014Bar Louie is a very cool place. I love how open it is and that it has a bar on both levels. With dining booths along the outside and high tables and couches in the middle, it makes for a great flow for people to mill around while enjoying the great atmosphere. I will definitely be going there again, especially in the summer so I can check out their great outdoor lounge area.Special Features:
- fun welcomerichDined on 2/14/2014enjoyed ourselves. we sat in a large curved booth facing the bar area. fun to watch the activity in between our conversation. food was very good. it was a little difficult reaching for the bruschetta which arrived in a large martini glass because you sink into the comfortable booth seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat bar.nomenmeumDined on 2/14/2014Very good service. Bar and restaurant layout was nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014Only place I have ever sent a drink back. Food was a greasy mess. Good people watching, but don't bother ordering anything but beer or wine.
- Had a great time!UptownerDined on 1/10/2014I went into Bar Louie with a few friends for happy hour and was blown away by their specials. We didn't know when we walked in the door, but we happened to come in on a Tuesday when they have $5 burgers....you even get a side with it. Best tap beer selection! Our bartender was awesome too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good price pointTom14VIPDined on 12/14/2013Food was quite good and the price point was very resonable. More of a sport bar theme, would go there again.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesGuitarManVIPDined on 12/7/2013Bar Louie is one of our favorite restaurants would definitely recommend it to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's burgers and sandwiches,frequentdinerVIPDined on 11/13/2013it's burgers and sandwiches, but more and better. not at all cuisine but an energetic and above average bar with upper end bar food. good service. prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.