Bar Louie - Minnetonka
12653 Wayzata Blvd
Minnetonka, MN 55305Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bar Louie - Minnetonka
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barlouieamerica.com/
- Phone: 9525452425x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout
- Special Events: For large parties of 8 or more and any special events such as holiday parties, company/business meetings/events, charity events, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsal dinners, or any celebrations please contact our service representative listed above.
A word from Bar Louie - Minnetonka
LOUIE'S STORY:Bar Louie is an eclectic urban bar with warm surroundings filled with nightlife photography, hand-laid mosaic tile, and accented with a stunning patio that features a full bar. Made famous for our handcrafted signature martinis, we also feature an exceptional selection of uniquely presented American food traditionally and regionally inspired, including small plates, burgers and sandwiches. While beer and wine connoisseurs will be impressed with our extensive selection of imports, microbrews and over 20 wines by the glass, cocktail drinkers will revel in signature martinis, mojitos and margaritas made from the highest quality ingredients, fresh fruit and hand squeezed juices.We are dedicated to always remaining a local bar that delivers unforgettable experiences to every guest. Whether gathering with friends or unwinding with a cocktail, Bar Louie guests have come to expect remarkable service and an exceptional experience that keeps them coming back.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bar Louie - Minnetonka - Best Restaurants in Minnetonka ›
Bar Louie - Minnetonka reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (26)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (20)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Slide Slide, Sippity SlideTwoRedHeadsVIPDined on 10/10/2014Bar Louie opened and was a welcomed addition to the aging Ridgedale mall; especially since there are few late night options in the area. Our first visit was great; great food and great service. Since our first visit a month after opening the service and quality of food both in ingredients and preparations have diminished. On our last visit we felt abandoned even though we were seating front and center; constantly being passed by our waiter yet he was too busy to even take our orders. This level of service continued throughout the night and from the looks of it our surrounding tables felt equally as neglected. I hope they can turn things around as it's a great spot and we hope to hear that it's the place to go once again...
- Not your typical mall foodChuckDVIPDined on 10/8/2014Great spot for dinner and drinks. Good service and food. Fun, lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- felt rushedRockyVIPDined on 10/8/2014My husband an I dined with the idea of just relaxing. Our appetizer came out and within 30 second sour entrée was there. We were so disappointed and unhappy with how rushed everything was. We had a small table and there was no room for our food to fit comfortably. It's the server job to know how to space out the orders. If someone orders an appetizer, you should probably wait to put the main food order in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Lunch DestinationIanWarfVIPDined on 10/7/2014Extensive menu, great food, fun decor and energetic vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We were surprised to find out you don't actually need reservations on Sunday. When we got there the host said we could sit anywhere we wanted; it was "open seating". Problem was, we didn't realize there was nowhere to sit that didn't have a loudspeaker with football on - inside or outside. Love football, just didn't realize we would have to listen to it during our lunch.
- A Bad nightbigkahunaiiiDined on 9/19/2014We chose a bad night to visit this restaurant, as they had a new manager in the kitchen (literally his first day). Our food took a long time to come (more than 25 minutes). My wife's flat bread was soggy, my blackened salmon sliders were not spicy enough and had not been properly seared. Both our waitress and the house manager were aware that there were issues, and the manager ended up comping our meals. We'll give it another try because we told the manager we would. In addition, the OpenTable map for this restaurant was in error. It led us to a spot on the wrong side and the freeway and gave not a hint that the restaurant was actually in the Ridgedale Shopping Mall.
- First visit of many to comeYum56Dined on 9/18/2014Bar Louie has been on my list for months. Finally I get to try it and it was worth it! Excellent service by all. There were many menu choices (many reasons to return). This time I had the Crispy Chicken Melt Sandwich and I broke 2 of my personal eating habits. One, I try to not eat fried foods but the chicken sounded great with tots. Two, I only eat half a meal and take the other half home. However the chicken was super delicious (as were the crispy tots). So delicious that I ate the whole thing! Two rules broken in one meal - but worth every bite!Special Features:
- 50/50FuddyDuDDined on 9/12/2014Went with the family Friday night. The techno garbage music was way too loud. If you are 20 something it is probably a fine place. If you are a fuddy dud, not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChaoticDiningOutVIPDined on 9/11/2014Chaotic and off tempo. Inexperienced servers who fail to understand a restaurant basic that the salad comes before the entree. Awkward style, but at least friendly and cheerful. This place is really more of a bar than a restaurant as is the service. Food was good, menu interesting. Just get it right and everything would be a whole lot better.
- Energy aboundsLateNightDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was raining, so the great patio was closed, but the scene inside was very energetic. The live DJ had the music under control and the servers kept things moving. Our selections for dinner came from the specials list, and were very good. I especially liked the Panko crusted fish k-bobs. There is an impressive beer selection on tap and everyone seemed to be enjoying their evening. I'm sure we will go back!Special Features:
- Wouldn't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014I was very disappointed with the food and service. I ordered chips and salsa while waiting for my party and the stuff wasn't editable. Chips were greasy and the salsa, cheese sauce, guacamole tasteless. I ordered a hamburger and tots that was okay nothing to bring me back. Our server was non existence and I had to chase down just to get our tab.
- DisappointeddabugsmomDined on 8/21/2014Was so excited to try this place since it came to the neighborhood, but was extremely disappointed with the salad I chose. My husband seemed to enjoy his dish and the service was great!Special Features:
- Bar LouieLoveBarLouieDined on 8/19/2014Kitchen was either slow or over-burdened...food late in coming but the wife and I still enjoyed the time together. Server was attentive to us, provided complimentary chips & salsa while we waited. Tuesday night's a great deal with burgers and flat bread at $5.00. Convenient location, spacious booths. It would be a plus if they could reduce the noise level. On-line reservation system works very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedFoodLover101Dined on 8/18/2014This was the first time going to this location and I was not impressed. My guests weren't impressed either. Once we got there, it wasn't very busy at all. When we got to our tables, the server was really nice and helpful. She recommended what she liked on the menu which was helpful. We arrived at 12:15'ish and our food didn't arrive until 12:55'ish or even 1PM. It was the slowest service and did not like that we had to wait almost an hour to eat. Once we got our food, we were so hungry I think we scarfed it down. My boss's california sandwich was too greasy (she says) and my vegetables were cold. We didn't mention this when we were there because we had to hurry back to work. Overall, I would not recommend this place.
- More than a barfoodslewthVIPDined on 8/12/2014Had lunch with a business associate, the meals were exceptional, portions huge (especially the tots), the service was right on. Definitely will put them on our lunch routine rotation. I'll also be visiting Bar Louie for a evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good price, soso servicebluesfrogDined on 7/29/2014Cool bar with awesome outdoor space and tasty bar food at a good price (especially on Tuesdays where Burgers are going for $5 instead of the usual $12). The loaded tots side is an experience on it's own. Unfortunately, service was pretty terrible - not with the food but with the drinks! Taking more than 15 minutes to deliver a beer when the place is half empty? Not just once, every order... Maybe we picked a trainee night or maybe we just got a slow server, but if they can improve on service this would be a great hang-out.Special Features:
- Needs improvementDiner321VIPDined on 7/18/2014Average food and service. Hostess was downright rude and clueless about our reservation and we sat for 15 minutes at a table before we had to flag down a polite bus-boy to get us a manager.
- Happy HourDawnVIPDined on 7/7/2014Happy Hour is great, but it would be nice for you to change the menu a little, especially for regular customers who entertain customers there often. The same food gets boring, even when it is tasty!Special Features:
- First VisitRobinRVIPDined on 7/4/2014Finally got to Bar Louie! So glad, and sorry it took so long. Restaurant is cool! Love the it being open to the outdoors. Menu has something for everyone - food was good wait staff was attentive. Great bar! A really nice addition to Ridgedale and to the general area!! Will be back most definately.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBigcarfanaticDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the food and service. We went during happy hour and they had great drink and appetizer deals. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soRockyVIPDined on 6/24/2014We usually have no complaints,but this time things could have been getter. Outside seating is great,except for the smoking area. You can't separate a smoking from non- smoking section. This us why smoking has been banned from restaurants. The smell of cigarettes ruined the atmosphere. Also, I ordered a salad,but I was given the wrong one and when I told our server, there was no apology, just a " they kind of sound the same". Not impressed with my experience.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Bar Louie - Minnetonka reviews archive.
- Great service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day brunch and it was a fantastic experience. The food was outstanding and the service exceptional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/31/20143 of us- all liked our drinks & food. Salad, sandwich & sliders. Not bad prices. Enjoyed & would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Not too badReneethewriterVIPDined on 5/16/2014The menu is huge! I had the chicken special, with avocado over black beans and rice, which was very good. Appetizers were tasty. Service was a little uneven, but friendly. The strawberry shortcake dessert wasn't really worth the money. Meh. Overall I would recommend Bar Louie.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/14/2014When we arrived there was confusion over the # of guests. I knew of 5 and can see on the opentable we selected dining for 5, but they seemed to think we were a party of 12 and already had a table all setup. I'm not sure if it was Opentable or the Restaurant, but there was some confusion and they didn't seem overly happy with me even though I had nothing to do with it....Special Features:
- Good spotMNMOMDined on 5/11/2014Service was excellent--friendly and knowledgeable. Surprisingly the noise level was moderate--we could hear our tablemates without raising our voices. The outdoor dining room looked awesome. We didn't sit there on our visit--too cold with a chance of rain--but we'll try it next time.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOccasionalDinerDined on 5/11/2014Other than getting Mom up on the high-top stools, the experience was great. Awesome service and great food very fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoyceTomDined on 5/6/2014Yes this is a great place so hard to find in "the burbs " all six of us are very positive on Bar Louie. We are going to talk about you to all our friends keep up your high standards you are doing everything right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great for a burger and a cocktailMizMplsDined on 5/2/2014Fun atmosphere, good and affordable cocktails and great staff. Except the hostess wasn't the best at explaining that they text you when your table is ready. Our waitress was great though and the bartender was friendly when you finally got her attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/30/2014My Husband and I made reservations at Bar Louie to celebrate my Birthday. We requested that we be sat with a nice view of the Twins game. We were very happy when the host sat us There was even a RESERVED card on the table- it was nice to see they could accommodate. We were having a nice time Then about 45 min into our visit a gal at a nearby table got up and asked the bartender to change the Wild game-he didn't even check to see if anyone was watching the ONLY TV IN THE ENTIRE BAR WITH THE TWINS on She seemed to have an employee type of rapport with the entire staff We complained to Andrew- and he offered to move us to another table rather than switch the tv back for us?! We moved straight to another restaurant Serious disappointment
- Very noisySophisticatedDinerDined on 4/25/2014We went to Bar Louie at 6:00 pm on a Friday. We had a reservation and our table was ready for us. The food was good and the service was fair. The restaurant is very noisy and the tables are too close together. We could hear the conversations from the people next to us and the table behind us. Everyone had to talk very loud. Bad acoustics. This place is a nice bar scene, but not for a peaceful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!stingray777Dined on 4/23/2014I have been there twice for lunch on a week day and both times it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodSallyVIPDined on 4/17/2014Love the food. Have had lunch here several times and just had dinner. Happened to be happy hour with a nice food/drink menu of specials. I'll be back!Special Features:
- TERRIBLE SERVICEzladyVIPDined on 4/11/2014I went to Bar Louie in Minnetonka today and this new restaurant really needs to improve their service level. I sat for 10 minutes before I was served -- although there were plenty of servers talking to themselves by the kitchen. After I ordered and was served my meal the server never returned to the TABLE! I had to physically get up and find another server and tell her about the bad service. Also I was seated in possibly the worst seat in the place when there were plenty of open tables. I mentioned to the server when I checked out that their competitor -- Big Bowl has great food and great service and that they are really going to need to come up on their service to stay in business when there are much better restaurants around them.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014Nice happy hour and it goes until 7 so extra time to enjoy. Nice assortment of apps (we made a meal out of them!). Nicest waitress ever! Very enjoyable. Will return and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourDedeDined on 4/2/2014We were there 30 minutes before the end of happy hour. The prices were great. Flatbread was so good !! I ordered the blacken fish tacos and asked the waitress it is was spicy. She said, "no, not too spicy" But for me, it was very spicy and more hot spicy than I expected. I didn't finish the black beans which were way too hot for me. But I finished the white rice, which was not spicy. Overall it was a good experience. and we'd go back.Special Features:
- When we arrived - still duringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014When we arrived - still during happy hour, it was very, very noisy - got some better after 7:30..........however still quite noisy. I ordered the portabella burger - not knowing that it had a hamburg patty in it.............was tasty but too big!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantTraceyDined on 3/28/2014We had a party of 9. The service was very good and the suggestions were great! Everything from the drinks to the food was excellent. We are from out of town but this would be a stop to make the next time we are in town. Very good experience! Thank you very much! I wish I could remember our servers name because she was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a bit disappointed inRachelleDined on 3/15/2014Was a bit disappointed in the size of the fish that came with the fish and chips. Otherwise was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tuna sandwich best in townSallyVIPDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I have eaten at Bar Louie at least 1/2 dozen times. I especially enjoy the tuna sandwich. It's seared (I did specify that I wanted it rare) and served on a brioche bun with plentiful avacado, tomato and lettuce. I like being able to opt out of fries and into broccoli for just $1. Love being able to reserve a table even for a party of just 2. We're glad to have Bar Louie nearby!Special Features: