8164 Interlachen Rd
Lake Shore, MN 56468Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://barharborsupperclub.com/
- Phone: 2189632568
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: P.J. Severson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bar Harbor
The classic Supper Club on beautiful Gull Lake. Steaks,Chops, Pasta and Seafood served in a casual atmosphereContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bar Harbor - Best Restaurants in Lake Shore ›
Bar Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (37)special occasion (30)great for outdoor dining (26)romantic (17)notable wine list (16)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (13)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- North Woods GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014Beautiful renovation of a classic restaurant. Food, service and setting are spectacular. Short rib melted in mouth. Chopped salad was beautifully presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining up northDinesouttalotVIPDined on 8/18/2014Bar Harbor, now remodeled is a welcome addition to the Brainerd dining scene. True fine dining, great wine list and the live piano player was really fun. We finished the Porterhouse for Two, then bellied up "piano side" to the piano bar and really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- OutdoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for many years usually stopping by for a drink and an appetizer while on the boat. This restaurant is beautiful outside and gorgeous inside. It always amazes me walking inside at how perfectly done it is. The food has always seemed inconsistent from good to bad, bad to great. The current menu is dramatically overpriced and the chef over butters everything. While the food was still good, it was lost in butter. The service was great though! It's hard to find great places to eat on the lake these days. For my money, I'd rather go to Grand View or take the car over to Ivens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristaVIPDined on 8/9/2014We love going to Bar Harbor which is why we picked it to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- wonderful food wonderful settingHappyFLsnowbirdDined on 7/28/2014The food here is unique with a wide variety of entree & appetizer menu items. We had a friend from out of state celebrate his birthday. He said it made his birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, good food & atmosphererocky0518Dined on 7/26/2014Have enjoyed lots of weekends in the lakes area, but never tried Bar Harbor until last weekend. Friends recommended it highly. Our group of four had a mix of fish, steak, ribs and they were all excellent. Wine selection was very good, but then I spilled my glass of wine and the staff changed out the table cloth, got some club soda to soak some spots on clothes, then replaced my glass of wine gratis. Above and beyond the call of duty, and helped offset my embarrassment a little. We will be back and I promise to be more careful.Special Features:
- Bar Harbor Nisswa, MnaugratinsDined on 7/26/2014They were very busy but maintained good service. The au gratin potatoes were dry and not cheesy. Otherwise very good but expensive!Special Features:
- Room temperatureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014The room temperature was VERY cool and a vent directly above us blew very cold air on us all during our stay. We asked the waitress several times if the temperature could be lowered but she said that she couldn't because there were too many people there ( the restaurant was less than 1/4 full and it was 8:30 PM with the group thinning. We finally went to our car ant put on jackets to eat our meal. It was very unpleasant surroundings and took away some of the joy of our celebration. The food was great but the atmosphere was chilly!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced American FareUnfortunateDined on 7/14/2014Waiter seemed to be rushing us so he could get another table turned. The kitchen was slow. Poorly cooked rare steak - it came medium well done on an ice cold plate. I sent it back. Another ice cold plate with a properly cooked steak followed 7 minutes later. Portions of other's meals were diminutive. Serving hash browns with steak that costs 38.00 a plate is a travesty. Vegetables were over cooked. Salad was undersized and some of the lettuce was going bad. It was slimy and brown in places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantsaugieDined on 7/14/2014We had encrusted walleye, sobu Ahi Tuna, and shrimp scampi and all were excellent. We eat out often in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and this compares to any of our better dining experiences. Would definitely recommend. Our Waitress, Grace, was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Familiar FavoriteAustiniteDined on 7/7/2014An excellent restaurant with great food. It has a combination of old favorites, as well as new dishes to make sure there is something to explore. They are always deliciously executed and served with a friendly smile. There is also an outdoor area for those who prefer more traditional bar food. I would recommend it to anyone who is in the area.Special Features:
- KathiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The food was absolutely delicious!! My sirloin steak melted in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice NiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014The experience at Bar Harbor was very good. The atmosphere was vibrant the view was excellent and the food was good. The decore fit the location and looked like it had been updated very recently. A nice outdoor patio on a channel from Gull Lake. A very nice scene. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great SurpriseJoAnnVIPDined on 6/28/2014We recently dined at the renewed Bar Harbor Restaurant in Lake Shore. Great surprise - the place is awesome. Service and food superb. We all ate something different and shared bites - without failure each entree was really, really good. We will return!Special Features:
- Bar HarborjimmyDined on 6/22/2014The view of the lake is nice. This is clearly a fine dining restaurant. The service and the food was top of the line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must see!SusanDined on 6/20/2014The famous restaurant has been beautifully rebuilt with a classic boating theme. 1920's gatsby night club meets bar harbor Maine..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sleepyDined on 6/20/2014Everything was wonderful, except the booth we sat at was very cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Unfortunately the food that was served was nothing special. The salmon was cold, the prime rib was well done, and the Tuna was not flavorful. However the scallops were very good. The atmosphere is always very nice at Bar Harbor. But we were disappointed in the food.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food, Busy EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014We made reservations for our Anniversary. We were placed in the bar side--which is ok because we are younger and can handle the loud energetic crowd. Beautiful scenic view of the lake/boats. Food was superb! It did take a really long time but our waitress was very clear about that. Fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerNineDined on 5/25/2014Had a wonderful time. Outdoor water and people watching pre dinner was great. Piano music hit the spot and set the mood for dining. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Fabulous food great atmosphere!EattimeDined on 5/19/2014Friendly staff, exceptional food, great view. Had our anniversary dinner, great drinks, lobster was fabulous, volcano brownie sundae was luscious to top the whole meal off. Will be back. Hopefully when it is not raining to sit out on the patio! Would love to go when the fire pit is going would be a beautiful view over the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014We have gone to many fine dinning establishments but this was the first to put sheets of paper over their liens' pretty tacky! Our waiter was a wonderful guy but brought an "awe shucks" kind of service. They also have pull tabs...... Not a fine dinning experience! Maybe it's just a great bar?Special Features:
- quite upsettungfoodiefun13Dined on 5/16/2014The food took almost 2 hours to cook. Nice waitress but overall horrible service.
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent and service was very good. We had a minor mixup on side dish choice but the server promptly corrected it.Special Features:
- girls' night outlakedinerDined on 5/10/2014Went to Bar Harbor for a Saturday evening meal with my sisters, mom and aunt. We had a fabulous time. The staff and food were excellent. The decor is classy but comfortable. Would highly recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 134 reviews are from the Bar Harbor reviews archive.
- Easter's EveSueADined on 4/19/2014Our family - adults and 92 year old Dad - had an early dinner in a booth overlooking the lake with cocktails and wine. Each of us ordered something different - prime rib, stuffed shrimp, harbor surf (shrimp) and turf, and walleye. Everyone loved the meal. The shrimp, steaks, prime rib and the walleye were perfectly prepared and tasty. The house salad was crisp with a good mixture of vegetables and a light dressing. We had two different Cabernet's -both excellent at below $50. Our server was attentive and conversed especially with our dad - who was delighted. A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 92 year old Dad and I hadSueADined on 3/14/2014My 92 year old Dad and I had cocktails, dinner, and wine on Friday evening. We both had the Prime Rib - delicious and done as we ordered - medium and medium rare. The cheese hasbrowns were tasty and a good accomopaniment - as were the beans and salad. I had not heard of the cabernet and was given a taste prior to ordering a bottle. It was reasonably priced and delicious - paired well with the Prime Rib. Service was excellent and we had a window booth the looked out onto the ice - prompting wishes for spring coming soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014I made a 7 pm reservation for my birthday dinner and was not seated until 720. The front end looked disorganized and employees looked stressed. Once we sat down, it was several minutes before anyone came by the table. The waiter did a good job trying to make up for it, but it made for a tough night. The food was just ok. Not worth the price in my opinion.
- Valentines dayBobberbobDined on 2/14/2014We normally give this place a ten on everything but for valentines day they squashed in extra tables for people so that you are almost sitting in someone's lap. No privacy and not vey romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightLisaDined on 1/4/2014We went to Bar Harbor to celebrate our 17th Anniversary. It was a wonderful evening! Food was amazing and our server brought us an assortment off truffles as a special Anniversary treat. Service was awesome and the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013We had great customer service!! We really enjoyed the atmosphere and liked our server.Special Features:
- Great ServiceKevgamesDined on 12/21/2013Bar Harbor is often at its best when it is not jammed; such was the case when we last visited. Service was just great, with Chandra doing all that was needed. Food was very good, as is usually the case. We'll be back, but more infrequently, as BH is operating it's winter schedule for the next few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ready for prime-ribClemDined on 11/30/2013Waitperson took our drink order, mentioned the prime rib special. It was over 20 to place our order. I wasn’t that busy. Orders came in another 20 minutes. 2 got the prime on a bed of Au Gratin, a side of very limp, unrecognizable greens. It was extremely salty, into the body of the meat. My slice was very fatty, gristly. We were asked if we wanted a different slice, both declined. This was supposed to be a ‘special’ that we both like and know well. At $29, it was way over-priced; a similar dish at another local restaurant is less expensive and far more satisfying. The entire menu is over-priced for the types of food offered. I should have requested a different entrée. I doubt if this group will be returning for a dinner of this size again.Special Features:
- This was a birthday dinner,TerryDined on 11/9/2013This was a birthday dinner, and we go to Bar Harbor for all of our special dinners because of the service, food and ambiance. Lisa was very experienced, friendly and most accomodatingSpecial Features:
- We love eating at Bar Harbor.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013We love eating at Bar Harbor. We alwasy see someone we know from the community. The food is great. The atmosphere is perfect. They have a person playing panio and singing and he is good. It sets a really nice feel. We have not had a bad experience when eating there. My husband loves that they have pull tabs there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location, good food.KarenDined on 10/19/2013We really enjoyed our dinner at Bar Harbor. It has that grest supper club ambience with good food and great service. We had a variety of entrees at our table and everyone enjoyed what they had. This restaurant pays attention to the important details like a well made house salad on a chilled salad plate and good rolls in the bread basket. When we're in the area again we'll certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband and sisters went here4MamaDined on 10/18/2013Husband and sisters went here for a nice dinner. Service was slow. Lost appetizer order but offered to bring late and gave 3 free desserts. Entrees and salads were superb. Left over steak was wonderful the next day. Creme brulee did not have a crusty crunchy sugar top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpgradeJerryDined on 10/18/2013First time to Bar Harbor since they remodeled. Ambience certainly updated - could have been a little brighter dining at night. Food was very good, service prompt an d attentive. Felt like prices were a little high so would look to go here more on special ocassions instead of regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationsMaryHurneyDined on 10/12/2013We were celebrating our son's and his wife's birthdays (in September) and the announcement that they are expecting their first child. We had a fabulous time; food was fantastic; service was extraordinary. Kitchen sent out cupcakes for the celebrations. Very, very nice. We have a place on Gull Lake so love going to Bar Harbour.Special Features:
- Bar Harbor hits its stride!SJCFoodDined on 10/5/2013We have eaten at Bar Harbor several times this summer. It was remodeled last year and they have turned it into a warm and inviting restaurant with a great outdoor eating area that overlooks Gull Lake. They get an A+ for a job well done. I have to say that I was not happy with the food or wine list at the beginning of the summer, which was very disappointing. We went back last weekend for one more try and were very impressed! Everything that we ordered was delicious and they have greatly improved the wine list! We ordered their house salad, wedge salad, Hamburger, black and blue steak, risotto, and pasta carbonara and all were delicious. We will definatly go back and would recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.