8164 Interlachen Rd
Lake Shore, MN 56468Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://barharborsupperclub.com/
- Phone: (218) 963-2568
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: P.J. Severson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bar Harbor
The classic Supper Club on beautiful Gull Lake. Steaks,Chops, Pasta and Seafood served in a casual atmosphereContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bar Harbor - Best Restaurants in Lake Shore ›
Bar Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (25)special occasion (25)romantic (22)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (12)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice SurprisewinsterDined on 11/1/2014Went to Bar Harbour last weekend for dinner for the first time. Expected the usual bar restaurant but was pleasantly surprised at the elegance of this restaurant. Food was good but service and ambiance were outstanding. Will definitely recommend this to others looking for a nice quiet elegant dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant "up north"Tonka25Dined on 10/26/2014Our favorite place to eat when we come up - a true supper club. Great atmosphere, excellent service and perfectly wonderful food. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall ReviewKevgamesDined on 10/25/2014Bar Harbor is a solid choice in our area when the summer rush dissipates. The service was outstanding and the ambience is always top shelf. Food is good but not great; we'll be back.Special Features:
- evening with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014We loved our evening! Excellent food, beautiful view of the lake, and Tamra, as always, made exceptional as our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were put at a table for 2. There were 4 of those tables in a row.it was very noisy and crowded! Make the experience not so good.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Very fun. Wonderful service. The brussel sprouts were unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevgamesDined on 10/11/2014As always during the off season, BH is a delight. Service is very attentive and friendly and the food is always solid. During the summer, quality suffers a bit, as crowds pack BH. The locals wait until the off-season.Special Features:
- GinnyGinnyDined on 10/4/2014The service was fantastic. Amy, I think her name was, provided above and beyond service to me, my sister, and my mom. Her efficiency as a server was matched only with her kindness as a person. The rich, tasty stuffed lobster tail wasn't all that bad either :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Harbor Supper ClubdgamoreDined on 9/27/2014We reserved a reservation well in advance for our anniversary celebration. We arrived on time, our waitress was excellent and our food was excellent. Our table was located right by the kitchen door which really ruined our experience, the resturaunt apparently caters to local people and those who are not are really not served well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vew and interior setting must seeLitlbitotexasDined on 9/24/2014Loved the beautiful setting, inside and out. Waitress a little harried with too many tables on her watch. Food presentation wonderful. Parmesan crusted Walleye a bit disappointing ( overlooked). Lobsters were terrific. Bartender a blast and great introduction to restaurant and made an outstanding Moscow Mule. Pianists during evening we're very nice addition with appropriate music for setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!CullenLakeClanDined on 9/20/2014Bar Harbor never disappoints. The food is fabulous, particularly the walleye. The prime rib is always a sell out, so get there early. Great restaurant for family and friends to dine and enjoy each others company. The piano bar entertainment adds to the entertainment.Special Features:
- great find!BobioDined on 9/17/2014We went for a birthday dinner - the place has ben remodeled and is beautifully done. Food portions were a bit too light, but delicious. Also. a nice piano bar and player capped off the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbDined on 9/12/2014A great spot on the water, with a great ambiance and food. A must in the Brainerd Lakes Area!Special Features:
- QueenDined on 9/11/2014The prime rib special is always good and a very large portion is served. One of my favorites is the scallops with risotto, it's hard to beat. The walleye is also good. We had a very good server, Alyssa. The atmosphere is lovely with a nautical theme and history of all the old resorts .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Woods GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014Beautiful renovation of a classic restaurant. Food, service and setting are spectacular. Short rib melted in mouth. Chopped salad was beautifully presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining up northDinesouttalotVIPDined on 8/18/2014Bar Harbor, now remodeled is a welcome addition to the Brainerd dining scene. True fine dining, great wine list and the live piano player was really fun. We finished the Porterhouse for Two, then bellied up "piano side" to the piano bar and really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- OutdoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for many years usually stopping by for a drink and an appetizer while on the boat. This restaurant is beautiful outside and gorgeous inside. It always amazes me walking inside at how perfectly done it is. The food has always seemed inconsistent from good to bad, bad to great. The current menu is dramatically overpriced and the chef over butters everything. While the food was still good, it was lost in butter. The service was great though! It's hard to find great places to eat on the lake these days. For my money, I'd rather go to Grand View or take the car over to Ivens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristaVIPDined on 8/9/2014We love going to Bar Harbor which is why we picked it to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- wonderful food wonderful settingHappyFLsnowbirdDined on 7/28/2014The food here is unique with a wide variety of entree & appetizer menu items. We had a friend from out of state celebrate his birthday. He said it made his birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, good food & atmosphererocky0518Dined on 7/26/2014Have enjoyed lots of weekends in the lakes area, but never tried Bar Harbor until last weekend. Friends recommended it highly. Our group of four had a mix of fish, steak, ribs and they were all excellent. Wine selection was very good, but then I spilled my glass of wine and the staff changed out the table cloth, got some club soda to soak some spots on clothes, then replaced my glass of wine gratis. Above and beyond the call of duty, and helped offset my embarrassment a little. We will be back and I promise to be more careful.Special Features:
- Bar Harbor Nisswa, MnaugratinsDined on 7/26/2014They were very busy but maintained good service. The au gratin potatoes were dry and not cheesy. Otherwise very good but expensive!Special Features:
- The following 152 reviews are from the Bar Harbor reviews archive.
- Room temperatureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014The room temperature was VERY cool and a vent directly above us blew very cold air on us all during our stay. We asked the waitress several times if the temperature could be lowered but she said that she couldn't because there were too many people there ( the restaurant was less than 1/4 full and it was 8:30 PM with the group thinning. We finally went to our car ant put on jackets to eat our meal. It was very unpleasant surroundings and took away some of the joy of our celebration. The food was great but the atmosphere was chilly!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced American FareUnfortunateDined on 7/14/2014Waiter seemed to be rushing us so he could get another table turned. The kitchen was slow. Poorly cooked rare steak - it came medium well done on an ice cold plate. I sent it back. Another ice cold plate with a properly cooked steak followed 7 minutes later. Portions of other's meals were diminutive. Serving hash browns with steak that costs 38.00 a plate is a travesty. Vegetables were over cooked. Salad was undersized and some of the lettuce was going bad. It was slimy and brown in places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantsaugieDined on 7/14/2014We had encrusted walleye, sobu Ahi Tuna, and shrimp scampi and all were excellent. We eat out often in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and this compares to any of our better dining experiences. Would definitely recommend. Our Waitress, Grace, was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Familiar FavoriteAustiniteDined on 7/7/2014An excellent restaurant with great food. It has a combination of old favorites, as well as new dishes to make sure there is something to explore. They are always deliciously executed and served with a friendly smile. There is also an outdoor area for those who prefer more traditional bar food. I would recommend it to anyone who is in the area.Special Features:
- KathiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The food was absolutely delicious!! My sirloin steak melted in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice NiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014The experience at Bar Harbor was very good. The atmosphere was vibrant the view was excellent and the food was good. The decore fit the location and looked like it had been updated very recently. A nice outdoor patio on a channel from Gull Lake. A very nice scene. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great SurpriseJoAnnVIPDined on 6/28/2014We recently dined at the renewed Bar Harbor Restaurant in Lake Shore. Great surprise - the place is awesome. Service and food superb. We all ate something different and shared bites - without failure each entree was really, really good. We will return!Special Features:
- Bar HarborjimmyDined on 6/22/2014The view of the lake is nice. This is clearly a fine dining restaurant. The service and the food was top of the line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must see!SusanVIPDined on 6/20/2014The famous restaurant has been beautifully rebuilt with a classic boating theme. 1920's gatsby night club meets bar harbor Maine..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sleepyDined on 6/20/2014Everything was wonderful, except the booth we sat at was very cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Unfortunately the food that was served was nothing special. The salmon was cold, the prime rib was well done, and the Tuna was not flavorful. However the scallops were very good. The atmosphere is always very nice at Bar Harbor. But we were disappointed in the food.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food, Busy EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014We made reservations for our Anniversary. We were placed in the bar side--which is ok because we are younger and can handle the loud energetic crowd. Beautiful scenic view of the lake/boats. Food was superb! It did take a really long time but our waitress was very clear about that. Fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerNineDined on 5/25/2014Had a wonderful time. Outdoor water and people watching pre dinner was great. Piano music hit the spot and set the mood for dining. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Fabulous food great atmosphere!EattimeDined on 5/19/2014Friendly staff, exceptional food, great view. Had our anniversary dinner, great drinks, lobster was fabulous, volcano brownie sundae was luscious to top the whole meal off. Will be back. Hopefully when it is not raining to sit out on the patio! Would love to go when the fire pit is going would be a beautiful view over the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014We have gone to many fine dinning establishments but this was the first to put sheets of paper over their liens' pretty tacky! Our waiter was a wonderful guy but brought an "awe shucks" kind of service. They also have pull tabs...... Not a fine dinning experience! Maybe it's just a great bar?Special Features:
- quite upsettungfoodiefun13Dined on 5/16/2014The food took almost 2 hours to cook. Nice waitress but overall horrible service.
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent and service was very good. We had a minor mixup on side dish choice but the server promptly corrected it.Special Features:
- girls' night outlakedinerDined on 5/10/2014Went to Bar Harbor for a Saturday evening meal with my sisters, mom and aunt. We had a fabulous time. The staff and food were excellent. The decor is classy but comfortable. Would highly recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter's EveSueAVIPDined on 4/19/2014Our family - adults and 92 year old Dad - had an early dinner in a booth overlooking the lake with cocktails and wine. Each of us ordered something different - prime rib, stuffed shrimp, harbor surf (shrimp) and turf, and walleye. Everyone loved the meal. The shrimp, steaks, prime rib and the walleye were perfectly prepared and tasty. The house salad was crisp with a good mixture of vegetables and a light dressing. We had two different Cabernet's -both excellent at below $50. Our server was attentive and conversed especially with our dad - who was delighted. A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.