400 Wheatley Plaza
Greenvale, NY 11548Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barfrites.com/
- Phone: (516) 484-7500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bar Frites
Bar Frites is open daily and serves French bistro fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Bar Frites - Best Restaurants in Greenvale ›
Bar Frites reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (58)great for lunch (58)neighborhood gem (58)hot spot (51)fit for foodies (44)vibrant bar scene (44)good for groups (41)great for brunch (37)special occasion (30)kid-friendly (25)late-night find (22)notable wine list (10)romantic (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- foodieVIPDined on 11/21/2014Have never been disappointed - lunch & dinner offer choices of fresh, delicious food always, beautifully serviced; caring service, too; just a bit too noisy during the key hours for lunch & dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and dining experience!PamBVIPDined on 11/17/2014Always enjoy the food here! They have the best onion soup and the Fish Tacos are incredible! Actually anything we have ordered here has been wonderful. Great menu choices and the drinks are fabulous! Never disappointed with a night out at Bar Frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Go-To SpotKariePlaypalDined on 11/15/2014We love having a reliable, local restaurant that serves quality food in a fun atmosphere..... like a French bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upbeat atmosphere!EbeeDined on 11/15/2014Very good friendly service, attractive lively atmosphere. Food really good. Perfect dining spot for pre concert at Tilles Center. Extensive menu, steaks to omelets. Salmon sliders were outstanding. I look forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, Not greatRickyBlaze420Dined on 11/11/2014For a french place the food pretty good and its not to far on the island. Definitely worth goong to if you have slot of money tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Great casual bistro, with superb service close to Tilles Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 10/31/2014Service not as attentive & caring as was on prior visits here - bus service wasparticularly off. But we love this place & know they'll be on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre Anything FoodKittiKatVIPDined on 10/31/2014Great Service and Food. The noise level is high and the tables are very close so be prepared to hear other conversations. Not a place for a private chat unless you get a booth. It is a local scene place and appears to fill up with locals who are known to the staff as the night goes on. we had "bites" from the raw bar to sliders! The pomme frites were amazing. Decent wine list and by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rather Unique DiningnicknameVIPDined on 10/24/2014A little loud, a little crowded, but a fine dining experience. A good variety of distinctive cocktails, appetizers and entrees, attentive service and comfortable ambiance makes a very pleasant evening. Been there before. Will visit again hopefully soon!Special Features:
- As always, Excellentwmw322VIPDined on 10/18/2014We ate outside and loved the attention to details that we noticed we were receiving from the wait and bus staff even at this busy lunch time. Great menu, something for everyone to enjoy. The best bloody mary's in the county! Always a delicious and positive experience at Bar Frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GloriaVIPDined on 10/8/2014Ate here TWICE this week alone, just because it's a really good French Bistro and my friends like it;apparently so does everyone else within a 10 mile radius! It's usually packed, but the maitre d's and staff handle all with the calm of pros; they are just great, and as I say each time: gotta have those fries (French, of course!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/29/2014Pretty place. Quiet on a Monday night. Good hamburger.
- GloriaVIPDined on 9/18/2014I always enjoy recommending Bar Frites to someone who has not eaten here; and while it is usually crazy busy, staff is very capable of handling it professionally and without chaos! The food is classic French Bistro and not always even, but in my experience any accomodation is possible; and of course, there is always those fries......!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff and great foodFrankGVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great experience from start to finish, greeted at the door, attentive staff and excellent food. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MealerDined on 9/4/2014Food is good. Prices a bit high compared to other similar placesI would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablereeseDined on 9/3/2014Stopped in for a late lunch with my teenage daughter. Food tasted good and the service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014Always enjoy dining here - Food is always of high quality & service is caring. Always greeted with a smile, & your presence is always appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar FritesKimster28VIPDined on 8/28/2014Food is always excellent! High noise level inside because the place is so busy. We had the Tuna Tartare over avacado yummy. Frisse salad is so good with thick cut pieces of bacon. The infused vodka is wonderful goes down smooth. Meatloaf is the best I have ever had. Enjoy this high end resturant :)Special Features:
- PamBVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food is always great here but the noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid/ReliableSRGreenDined on 8/25/2014Bar Frites filled a need that was really apparent in the general area of Greenvale. This place has almost zero competition, and the bar scene/restaurant proves that, as generally it's filled most nights. The menu is what you might expect from an Americanized French steak restaurant, very reliable and delicious. It might be a little pricey for a general family outing, but there are some less expensive offerings on the menu like pasta. All in all, a very solid restaurant with good service and excellent location.Special Features:
- Too Fast ServiceBigBoyCookingDined on 8/21/2014I have been to this restaurant at least 8 times. This last visit was nice, but the service of food was too fast. I can understand Ownership wanting to turn the table, but to be served everything (appetizer, entrée, and Dessert under an hour for a party of 4 is too fast. Should be maybe 1 1 /2 hour). They need to remember or think about what type of customer do they want? Someone that visits frequently, or jut once or twice?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service are always goodClamsonadeadshellVIPDined on 8/18/2014The food and service are always good. They change the menu periodically, which can be a good thing, but they took away the one tuna preparation that I really came in for, so that was disappointing. But there is a good variety . Recommend More vegetarian soup and main course options.Special Features:
- BAR FRITESsgreenbVIPDined on 8/5/2014ALWAYS A GOOD TIME AT BAR FRITES...SERVICE, FOOD, AND SCENE, ALL IN ONE PLACESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014We do love this restaurant in spite of the very high level of noise. It has a warmth & special feeling from the time you arrive. The drinks are excellent, as is everything we've ordered. Both the Lobster & Chinese Chicken Salads are great for lunch. It's all fresh & well-prepared, & you always leave feeling special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic timesRoslyngalllllVIPDined on 7/29/2014always go to bar frites and order it into the house. Gr8 food, gr8 times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 309 reviews are from the Bar Frites reviews archive.
- North Shore CasualCometDined on 7/24/2014A good local place for casual dining. Bistro food and local scene seem to flow together here!Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 7/24/2014always delicious and fresh. wait staff is friendly and accomodating. looking forward to going backSpecial Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 7/23/2014Always enjoy dining here. Organized a lunch for several women. There was not one complaint - it was enjoyed by all, except the noise level made conversation a bit difficult; but that's the vibe of this place. Everyone is very welcoming & they're are very welcoming.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did not prepare sliced filetOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014My meat loaf was very good but it took a long time to get served. We ordered a glass of wine and that didn't come for 10 minutes. my wife's sliced filet was ordered medium and 1/2 was rare-raw! The waiter was not to be found. By time he did come to ask how was our food, my wife ate around the raw meat and did not want to send it back because I was almost finished. We said nothing to the waiter but if you order a sliced steak medium he could of seen it was raw. Some one else cleared the table so he didn't see that half the steak was left. I would give this a poor rating!
- SCENE OF SCENES too much hypeLiam461VIPDined on 7/17/2014This restaurant was all the rave. Why? It is an energetic and vibrant place. The food was good, not great. The thia coconut shrimp was milky and bland with little flavor. The Beet salad was good. It was on the small side and coould have used more of the additives and less of the lettuce. The sliced filet mignon entree was delicious and well seasoned as were the fries. Our waitress was very attentive, friends and informative with regards to the menu. Overall it was an enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively, chic and reliableseaclifflunaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Consistently skillful service, high quality food and presentation, and attentive maître D's. Acoustics are challenging, so be prepared: but it's a lively scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over One Hour Wait for Food!Nikita1569VIPDined on 7/12/2014Unfortunately, the kitchen staff ruined an otherwise lovely brunch experience. We had a brunch reservation and when we arrived we were seated promptly. Our waiter came over right away with bread and took our orders. Drinks arrived quickly. The restaurant was less than half full so they were not busy. The tables on either side of ours were seated after us and received their food before us. Our waiter was very apologetic and comped our drinks for the extremely long wait for our meals. No reason this should have happened as the restaurant was not full or busy. We were told our meals were over one hour late because "the hollandaise sauce kept coming out wrong." Ridiculous excuse from a restaurant supposedly known for its brunch.
- always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/10/2014Bar Frites is wonderful in every happy way! It's a great place great food, great to people watch, to see and be seen. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Too noisy and packed. Had to wait 20 minutes even though we had a reservation.Special Features:
- Best Fried Chicken Ever!FrankGVIPDined on 7/3/2014Yup, I said it, best fried chicken ever! Had it all over the country and this was amazing. Double battered and crispy. And best of all, the next day...still crispy! Only down side were the frog legs, way too much garlic - never tasted the frog. Wife's branzino was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014I haven't been here in a while but it seems like they moved the tables closer to each other. It was too noisy to hear each other talk.
- Fabulous Service!ValentineMealDined on 6/26/2014I have been to Bar Frites before, so knew what to expect. What exceeded my expectations this time was how kindly they handled my reservation chaos. Our party size changed and we ran late (I did call to let them know). They still got us seated quickly and didn't hold anything against us! :-) The food was fabulous, too!Special Features:
- Bar FritesMarakiVIPDined on 6/24/2014Had a great birthday lunch there with my daughters. We sat outside on a warm summer day. Wonderful atmosphere, service was excellent and the food was consistently good.Special Features:
- Hit and Miss, Mostly Miss.10isLawDined on 6/17/2014I've been to BF a few times now and am more and more disappointed on every occasion. My first visit was great but only consisted of one or two appetizers and a few drinks. Seating was cramped and the atmosphere was lively. I was impressed with the choices on the menu and their offering even at the expense of the atmosphere. My second visit here took a turn for the worse-- the service was incredibly slow, the food was average at best and the prices were not reflective of the cuisine. The atmosphere was loud and almost necessitated shouting at my fellow dinner guests. Not to mention, the AC was no where to be felt. A final consideration, the calamari was stale and bland. Definitely will not be going again.
- Faux FrenchSpamanDined on 6/15/2014We came here for Father's Day with my in-laws. My father-in-law, who was born in Paris, ordered Onion Soup. It was gooey with cheese and the onions were at the bottom. Also, it was a pinkish color not the brown broth that you expect French onion soup to have. The Croque Monsieur (ham, cheese on buttered brioche, sandwich did not, in the least, resemble those that I've had in Paris (or Chat Noir in Rockville Center). Here it had mustard instead of butter which gave it a funky taste and the cheese was overflowing (if you like gobs of melted cheese, this is the place for you). The other three dishes were good - Roast Chicken/Mashed potatoes/Spinach (2) and Grilled Chicken Paillard. The service was very good and the ambiance is nice.Special Features: